• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open pokemon college 2.0

Create an oc but there are a few rules
Only one Pokemon to start
No megas
No shinies
No legendries

Name: Bailey
Pokemon: Cyndaquil
Personality: Kind caring and brave
Extra: The mallow from the S and M anime is his sister.

Bailey skid around the corner on his bmx and through the thick fog he could barely see the front gate to the college, he looked down at cyndaquil who was resting on the handlebars.

"we're almost there buddy, only a little furth.....!"
Bailey's sentence was cut off as he crashed into a wall.
"ouch!"

Name: Brian
Pokemon: Kanto Raichu(Can you have 2 pokemon?)
Personality: Determined sometimes and quiet
Extra: Loves cookies
"Hey are you ok? Careful were you walk"Said Brian while pulling Bailey.

"Thanks! I'm Bailey and this is my partner Cyndaqu........."
"ZZZZZZZZZZ!"
"C-c-cyndaquil, who is obviously very tired because of the long journey here!" Bailey said trying not to laugh.

"Soooo, What's your name?"
Bailey asked wanting to see if he could befriend the other student.

Name: Professor Augus Nightshade
Pokemon: Decidueye
Personality: Intelligent and Excitable
Extra: New Dean of the pokemon college, enjoys helping new trainers.

Prof. Nightshade walked out of the college entrance with his loyal friend Decidueye to take in the fresh morning air. After enjoying the outside for a moment he looks over, only to notice two students; one with a Cyandaquil and another with a Raichu. "Hmm should we greet the new students Decidueye?" The Professor asks, receiving a quiet nod yes from his owl pokemon friend. They start walking to the students and stop quietly at a short distance as to not rudely interrupt their conversation; waiting for an opportunity to introduce himself.

"Nice to meet you too, anyway since it looks like we're the first students here why don't we be roommates you know like share the same dorm!"
Bailey said with a big smile on his face.

"Quil!"
"Oh you're finally awake!"
Bailey said as he gently place Cyndaquil on his shoulder.

(OOC: Thanks I was hoping that it would be a good idea lol.)

"I think the dorm situation could be arranged." Professor Nightshade says to the students. "You two seem to eat along already so I'll grant you two a dorm together as roommates hehe." The professor says cheerfully, his Decidueye smiling along with him.

"Oh good morning sir and thank you sir!" Bailey nudged Brian a bit.
"That's the new dean of the college, we need to be extremely respectful towards him!"
Bailey whispered trying not to get heard in case what he said was wrong.

"Quil!"
"Yes, we'll set up the dorm first then we'll get a snack!"

"I think they do." Bailey said as he unlocked the door to the room, upon entering Bailey placed his bag on the left bed and began to unpack his clothes before sticking up a poster of Ash Greninja. He then pulled a case out of his bag which contained his Kalos badges and placed it open on the shelf before smiling and saying. "Ok i'm sorted!"

(The RP takes place long after the xyz anime and Ash Greninja and Zygarde are now national heros.
By the way I need to go to school sorry but! Where I live it's snowing for once! see you guys later!)

"Hahaha yes I am the new dean you were correct haha and the lunchroom has plenty of varieties of malasaldas!" The Professor and his Decidueye both laughing along. "Why don't you both now go get everything unpacked in your new dorm and get some lunch. And feel free to stop by my office sometime if you want any extra credit assignments." The professor says before handing both students their keys to the dorm and then walking back inside to his office with Decidueye.

I want to join.
Name: Noelle
Pokemon: Glaceon
Personality: Extremely honest. However, she expects everyone to be as honest as she is, which sometimes result in others lying to her. She is also very loyal, and will not betray her friends, family, or anyone she is remotely close to.
Extra: Nope.
---
Noelle walked down a hallway. So this was going to be the school she lived in for at least the next three years. Nice.
Wait, where's dorm 152 again? Noelle silently scolded herself for remembering her dorm number, but not ever wondering where it was. "Whatever. I should probably go ask some teacher," she muttered. Turning around the corner of the hallway, she spotted someone that looked like a professor and walked over.
"Hello. Do you know where-" She stopped herself halfway through the sentence, realizing that the professor was talking to 2 other boys at the same time. "Oh. Sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt you guys!"

"Oh no feel free to join in miss we were just talking about the Alolan pokemon league." Augus says to the newly met student. "So then Brian, what stopped you from bringing down the elite four like you did the four kahunas then?" He asks wondering, Decidueye curiously listening as well.

"Well i only got a free ride to Alola for 3 days funny how i beat all of them 3 days right?"Brian said. "I still have my island challengers amulet, want to look at it?"He said while his Raichu observed the professor's Decidueye.

"Oh sure thing is love to see it haha." The professor laughed excitedly while Decidueye got close and looked back confused at the unfamiliar Kanto Raichu.

(OOC: Beep Boop, Including more information on the both the trainer and Pokémon characters as they are lacking vital information and details.)

Trainer Character:
Name:
Zala
Appearance: She stands at a slightly short height of 5'1", as she has a skinny build. She has blue eyes, while her brown hair is neatly combed. She wears green goggles; as she wears a green camp shirt. She has on a red skirt, while she wears blue saddle shoes; as the soles of the shoes are gray. She also carries around a black shoulder bag; while the bag has a picture of the star of life embroidered on it.
Personality: She is very compassionate, and soft-spoken towards others. She is very friendly, especially around younger Pokémon. She can be stern at times, since she can be slightly overprotective of her Pokémon. She can be timid when she meets strangers, especially at the authorities.
Skills: She is excellent at taking care of younger Pokémon, as she had a lot of prior experience. She can speak up for the weak, while she can get a little carried away with it. She also knows how to make medicine from berries and herbs.
Other: She sometimes speaks in her native language, while her bag contains essential medicinal items in case of emergency.

Pokémon Character:
*All unknown information on the Pokémon may be revealed later as the roleplay progresses on.
Name:
Unknown
Species: Minun
Skills: He is able to go translucent, as his body cannot block all light. His translucency is dependant on the amount of light around him, along with his movement speed.
Ability: Volt Absorb (Restores the Pokémon's HP if they are hit by a damaging Electric-type move instead of taking damage.)
Appearance: He is your normal, everyday Minun.
Personality: He is extremely antisocial with others, as he does not speak for unknown reasons. He chose to communicate only with the help of his body language and electricity. He also has a very short fuse, while he is a huge crybaby. (For clarification on his communication, he can still cry and make noises like grunts; it is just that he cannot speak.)
Other:
  • Minun's max transparency under his translucency state is up to 50%, as this means that he is now only 50% visible instead of being fully visible.
  • His transparency can change with the amount of light surrounding the area, as the light can make him even more visible. The formula for the amount of light being emitted is dependent on the brightness of the light. (Sunlight being directly shined upon him is fixed at a brightness of 50%, as it is cut down to 20% at nighttime.)
  • Formula: [(B−55)x(−0.9)]^1.0341 (B means the brightness. All percentages are rounded to the nearest hundredth.)
  • Being shined directly under daytime sunlight would render his translucency practically useless since he would only be 4.74% less visible.
  • On the other hand, his translucency shines throughout the night, as he is now 35.43% less visible to others when shined directly under sunlight.
  • His translucency relies on him being in the shadows and darkness, as it will dramatically make him more transparent since there is less light being directly shined at him.
  • If he bumps into someone, he will become fully visible and he cannot go translucent for thirty seconds, due to the sudden shock that his body had experienced.
-------------------------------------------------
BIC:

Zala arrived at the school a little later, as she walked inside a building. The cool breeze greeted her while she walked through the hallway. A Minun lied between her arms, while they cradled him like a baby. He glanced over at a corner, as he noticed several people that conversed with each other. He was intimidated from the sight of the Decidueye that was with the Professor, as he quickly became translucent.

Zala giggled while she approached towards the Professor, as she quietly said to Minun in her native language, "Shh baby... it's okay, I'm here for you." She reached for his forehead with her left arm; as she stroked it in a slow, gentle motion. She looked over at the Professor while the Minun's eyes watered like a pond. She said to the Professor while she scratched her chin, "Well umm... h- hello... so uhh... are you the P- professor? I just need to ask, umm... if you are, then do you have the k- keys to the dorm?"

She took in a deep breath while she attempted to stop stuttering, as she continued on, "Umm... a- also... my Minun's a bit shy here. Please don't mind him, he isn't really comfortable around others sometimes. I also need to ask another thing, do you know where the Nurse's Office is? I need to take my Minun there for his c- check up." She took in another deep breath after she finished talking, as the Minun had a frightened look towards the Professor.

Last edited:
"Oh professor some one is asking you something!"Brian said. His Raichu poke the professor's Decidueye with his tail wondering what he felt like. Then Brian reached into his bag and tried to look for the island challenge amulet he got from Alola.

Name: Annabelle, goes by Anna
Description: She's very short (only 4'1") And she only has one arm (no left arm). She is wearing galaxy legging, a white tank top, and black converse shoes, as well as a gray beanie. She has a white satchel, which holds necessary items for trainers, such as pokeballs and potions. Her long hair is dyed purple.
Pokemon: Dragonair (She has a few other Pokemon, but she only brought Dragonair with her to college)
Personality: Very smart, but she doesn't have very good social skills. She's also very self conscious about her height and her missing arm

BIC: "Here we go," Annabelle said to her Dragonair, as she entered the front door of the dorm building. She pulled a piece of paper out of her bag and looked at it. "Dorm 152. Let's go find it."
Annabelle walked the halls for a while, looking for her room. Eventually, she found it and went inside. "Well," she said, "it looks like my roommate isn't here yet." She looked at the paper in her hand again. "It says here that her name is Noelle. Well, I can't wait to meet her."
Annabelle set her suitcase on her bed and decided to go explore the campus for a little while.
As she wandered around the halls, she saw a group of people. There was an adult, probably a professor, talking to a group of students.
"Hey!" she said to introduce herself, walking up to the group. "I'm Anna."

"Oh hello"Brian said while pulling out the amulet. The amulet wasn't wooden like all the others, it was shiny because it was made of steel. The amulet shined at the light it was pretty strange that the amulet was made out of metal.

"Oh my apologies dear, of course I have a key for you hehe" Nightshade hands the girl with Minun her dorm keys with a smile. "And the nurse is just down this hall on the left you can't miss it, there's always a blissey by the entrance." He explained nicely before turning back to Brian. "Oh wow that's impressive." The professor said as he observed the amulet. "Hmm, how long has it been since you've battled then child?" The professor asks curiously, then noticing and waving over the girl with the dragoniar.

"I have been battling ever since I started from kanto, i collected all of the pokemon for each pokedex from every region!"Brian said while putting the amulet away. Then his raichu went back on his shoulder.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

"Oh wow, so you are both quite the battlers then it seems." The professor chuckles at his students "I would love to see a demonstration of both of your skills as trainers. How about we all head outside to the field for a friendly practice match, just to start off the college year for you two hmm?" Nightshade asks both of the students curiously, his Decidueye standing next to him.

"Lets go," Anna said, following the professor. "So, Professor, am I battling Brian, or are Brian and I battling you?" As they were walking out to the field, Anna had to almost run. Because of her short legs, she could barely keep up with Brian and the professor.

"I don't know i guess we are just going to do a 1v1 battle, also hurry up i really want to battle it has been a long time since i battled"Brian said. Then to make Anna go faster he decided to grab her hand so she can catch up.

"Oh good question, I should've specified before hehe you'll both be battling each other haha." The professor says with a smile as he shows the two to their opposite ends on the training field. "Are you two ready?!"

"Haha! Very good! Brian is letting Anna use the first move! Now begin!" The professor yells excitedly, Decidueye next to him also cheering on excited with him.

Zala smiled after the Professor had handed her the dorm keys earlier, as she said to Minun, "Alright buddy, looks like we know where we're going." The Minun's eyes watered the moment when he realized where Zala was headed off to, as he quietly sobbed on her arms. She attempted to calm him while his stubby arms flailed about in protest. She said in a gentle tone to the frantic Minun while she noticed a Blissey that was close by, "Shh... just relax, I understand that you're scared of going to the Nurse, but it's going to be a short trip. It'll be all over before you know it!"