• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon Christmas

MERRY CHRISTMAS! I've gotten an idea for a RP and I thought I'd go for it so Ima just jump into the rules!
• Regular RP rules (as always)
•Let's go with 4-6 people
•No battles, take a load off for the holiday!
•No Megas, no Z-moves, no Delibird
•Romance: Sure, I don't see why this is important
And that's it, short list amirite?
So in this RP you just have to go through the hassle of figuring out and buying the perfect gift for all your friends (with some drama of course) and the RP will end on Christmas Eve (everyone will open their gifts then and meet a very special someone as well.)
And here's the format for your Pokémon, please remember to ASK BEFORE POSTING IN THIS THREAD! Thanks!
Pokemon:
Nickname (If any):
Moves:
Ability:
Nature:
And of course here's my stuff-
Pokemon: Litten
Nickname (If any): (None)
Shiny: (No)
Moves:
1. Ember
2. Fire Fang
3. Shadow Claw
4. Flame Charge
Ability: Blaze
Nature: Lonely

And I'll start the RP as well-
Litten was so excited, he invited a bunch of friend to stay at his house for the week of Christmas. Hopefully everyone would come and maybe they would even get to see the Mythical gift giver.

(OOC: Alright, let's get the show on the road!)

Pokémon:
Piplup
Nickname: Unknown (He actually does have a nickname, but no one knows it yet.)
Shiny: No
Moves:
1. Double Hit (Attacks the Pokémon twice in quick succession.)
2. Rest (Makes the Pokémon fall asleep, while their HP is fully restored and the effects of their status problems will be lifted.)
3. Bubble Beam (Attacks the Pokémon with a huge stream of bubbles that may also lower its speed.)
4. Icy Wind (Attacks the Pokémon with a gust of chilly wind that may also lower its speed.)
Ability: Torrent (Powers up Water type moves if the Pokémon's HP is critically low.)
Nature: Mild
---------------------------------------------------------------------
BIC:

It was a rather chilly day, as a Piplup walked along the snowy pathway, while he noticed that a house was visible. A light sheet of rain blanketed the area, as he saw the house that he had been invited to stay at. He quickly waddled towards the house that was in his sight, as he cooed along to the cold wind that cuddled around him. He thought to himself as he got closer to the house, "Well, so a friend of mine decided to invite me over to his house for Christmas... let's just hope it doesn't go like last time with my other friend then." He quietly cooed to himself while he got to the door, as he quietly knocked on it while he patiently waited for a response.

Litten's ears perked up when he heard the door. He was so surprised he almost coughed up a fireball. "Y-yes yes! Coming!" He walked over to the door and jumped on the knob to open the door which swung slowly open for the newcomer to come inside.

The Piplup saw the door opening before his eyes, as he entered in, thinking that it was some sort of magical energy that opened the door, since he was oblivious to the Litten that opened it. His eyes darted around and scanned the frontal area in a conical fashion, as he looked around, not noticing anyone in sight. He called out while he waddled towards a table, "Uhh... hello... anyone there? Is there somebody invisible or using some magic here?" He didn't really bother to turn around towards the Litten, as his mind was preoccupied with exploring around the house.

This looks fun!
Pokémon:
Amaura
Nickname: None
Shiny: No
Moves:
1. Icy Wind
2. Aurora Beam
3. Dragon Tail
4. Double Team
Ability: Refrigerate
Nature: Careful

Amaura looked around at the icy streets around her, feeling lost. "Dang it, I'm so bad with directions..." she said to herself. Suddenly, she saw a lighted house with an open door, and she could almost see a figure of a Piplup at the door. "Ah ha! This must be my friends place!" She ran up to the door while thinking, I need to make a good impression, I've never celebrated Christmas before! She then knocked on the door to see if anyone was home.

Litten rolled his eyes and closed the door. "Hi!" He said as he pounced in front of the Piplup to greet it. "How ya doing?" Then there was another knocking at the door which Litten gladly opened the door using the same method as before and greeted the Amaura

"Ohh-Hi! Am I late? Did I miss anything?" Amaura wanted to be completely ready for anything that they were going to do for the holidays, and she needed to make sure she even knew what Christmas was, because she didn't know much about it at this point. She came through the door slowly, and looked around in awe at the house decorated in lights, holly, and other Christmasy things.

"Nope you're not late." He smiled, "And you didn't miss anything, you're only the second visitor." He closed the door. "Oh right does anyone want cookies??"

Adara the lopunny was next to arrive, letting herself into Litten's house as she held one of her bags in her teeth. Thankfully, it was only a light one.

The smell of freshly-baked cookies greeted her first as she trotted into the living room, carrying an offering of her own for the small gathering; a batch of her Uncle Alejandro's cinnamon and orange muffins. He only made them for her once a year, and she'd hurried the batch over while they were still warm from the oven.

"Hola, hola!" the lopunny greeted, setting the muffins on the table, "I haven't missed anything, have I?"

The Piplup turned around as he saw a lot more Pokémon that came inside the house, while a variety of scents all circled around him. He slowly toddled over to the living room, as he heard a voice that came from that area. He attempted to resist his strong self-pride that was combating with his mind, as he thought to himself, "Ahh come on... the smells are just hitting me hard today... surely one can't hurt right?"
A voice replied in his thoughts, "Oh come on little Piplup, you really want those cookies so bad huh? Remember the last time you had th-"

He interrupted the voice, as he retorted in his mind, "Oh shut it... I'm pretty sure that was just their mistake here- wait what's that big thing next to me... Oh my god ahhh!" His thought was immediately interrupted upon bumping into a wall, as he didn't really seem to pay close attention on where he walked. His body fell over near the Lopunny, while his chest puffed up like a balloon, as he took in a rather deep breath and attempted to get back on his feet.

As soon as Adara went to take a seat, she was almost tripped over by a tiny blue blur, whom she immediately recognised as Piplup. By the looks of things, he was hurrying to distract himself from Litten's cookies again...

"Piplup! Fancy seeing you here," Adara began, "Am I late? Did I miss anything?"

Litten sat down and counted the number of visitors, "One, two, oh and...Hi Adara! That's makes three, four including me so we are missing... two Pokémon." He looked at what the Lopunny had brought. "Thanks for bringing muffins, would you like a cookie? You to Piplup you seem interested in them." He laughed to himself and glanced at the clock, it was only 7:00.

"Of course I would!" Adara chirruped, finally sitting down in a plush leather chair. The lopunny nibbled the cookie delicately, relishing in the softness of the dough and the slightly melted chocolate chips. Ah, Litten's Christmas cookies were the best...

"I wish I could've brought more muffins, but Uncle Alejandro never makes more than one batch for me, and they're just so delicious that I couldn't stop myself from eating one on the way here," she said sheepishly.

"What? We needed to bring snacks?" Amaura said worriedly as she made her way to the table and nibbled on a cookie. She loved the taste of cookies, and this one was no different. "Woah! This is amazing!"

Adara perked up at the sound of Amaura's voice, just as she was finishing the last bite of her cookie. "Oh, no, you didn't have to bring anything Amaura, I just happened to bring my uncle's muffins because I wanted to share them with you. He only makes these once a year for Christmas," she explained.

"Thanks." He smiled. "Adara is correct snacks were not a requirement, I actually didn't think anyone was going to bring anything." He sat down and realized, "I should probably start making dinner." And went to the kitchen and started.

The Piplup quietly got up while he was a little dizzy from falling over earlier, as he toddled over to the Lopunny while he panted from exhaustion. He looked over at the Amaura who had sampled a cookie, as he hesitantly made his way to the table. His self-pride had gotten in his way like a towering wall, as his arms shook when he got closer to the table, as he thought to himself, "Come on Piplup... it's only a cookie... nothing too bad right?"

A voice replied in his thoughts, "No, wrong! It could be bad, who knows? Remember when you always like to go hunting for fis-"
He retorted at the voice in his thoughts, "Shush! This is the holidays now! This is no time to be fighting, especially in my very own mind!" His eyes swirled around when he was a few tiny footsteps from the table, as he attempted to resist his self-pride that combated within him. He hesitantly reached for a cookie with his right arm, as it twitched like his tiny, trembling body.

Adara smiled widely at her host as she licked a stray drop of chocolate off of her paw, deciding that for now, it was best not to fill up on muffins and cookies. Being a fire-type, Litten sure could cook, and he could do it very quickly, too.

The lopunny wasn't quite sure what she was expecting him to make for dinner... Being a member of a herbivorous species, she lived primarily off of berry-based dishes and fruits, and tended to prefer light, instead of hearty food. Well, except for tamato berry curry. She had a particular soft spot for that dish, having grown up with it.

Litten lit up the burner and put some berries in a pot. Then he heard something behind him, "Uh, Piplup. Are you ok? You can have a cookie don't be shy!" He chuckled and handed one to the little blue penguin. "Just don't spoil dinner." There was a ding. "Foods ready everyone please sit at the table." He called and set out a bowl of dinner, Boiled Berry Salad.

"Oh, it smells delightful!" Amaura said excitedly as she sat down at the big dinner table where there a a big bowl of Boiled Berry Salad for everyone to enjoy. "You know, I cook a bit myself. That's what living alone for 5 years with a lacto-vegetarian diet gets you. Which reminds me, did those cookies contain eggs?"

Pokemon: Vaporeon
Nickname(optional): Lobust
Shiny: (No)
Moves:
1. Hydro Pump
2. Water Pulse
3. Aqua Tail
4. Water Gun
Ability: Hydration
Nature: Brave

Lobust the Vaporeon started walking to a Christmas party at his friend Litten's house. When he got there, he pressed the doorbell."Ding Dong!" He was very excited to enter.

Last edited:
May I join?
Pokemon: Glaceon
Name (Because I feel like she should have a name.): Noelle
Nickname (If any): Natch
Shiny: Nope
Moves:
1. Ice shard
2. Ice beam
3. Hail
4. Blizzard
Ability: Snow cloak
Nature: Quirky
---
Noelle the Glaceon walked down a street. She was usually quite good with directions, but this street's structure was so complex and confusing that she had spent nearly two hours wandering around. She was definitely late for her friend's Christmas party. Then again, she would be staying for an entire week, so it didn't matter if she was a couple of hours late.
She stopped right outside the house Litten said he lived in and knocked. She really hoped that she wasn't barging in on her friends.

Litten paused from handing out the dinner and went to see who was at the door, "You guys just put as much as you want on your plates, I can make more if I need to!" He opened the door and to his suprise there were to Pokemon! "Come in come in! Go ahead and sit down we are just starting to eat dinner!" He welcomed them and went to his seat and started to eat.

"Are we late?" Noelle didn't really have anything against latecomers, but it could have been considered rude by her friends. "Sorry if we are. This street is really confusing." She sat down next to Adara at the table. "How's it been going? Speaking of which, I can't believe we get to stay here for a whole week! This place is awesome." She took a bite of the food. "So is the food," she added.

"Well, yes you're late but it's no big deal. Thanks you for the compliments." Litten finished up his food and turned on some Christmas music. "Would anyone like some more food?"

OOC: I think we are going to be unable to get where I thought, I was hoping everyday in real life would be a day in the RP but time is different for everyone, I think we're gonna skip ahead to the day before Christmas (Christmas Eve) starting tomorrow (Christmas Eve)

"Sorry, I might be a bit late. Is there anymore food available?" Well, this is quite embarrassing...
He sat on a seat and started to chat with his friends.

"Late yes, anymore food, yes." Litten looked at the time. "Oh! It's late! There's guest bedrooms upstairs, enough that no one needs to share a room." And with that he went upstairs to his own room and drifted off to sleep. (Time now moves forward to Christmas Eve, pretend you've done all you're shopping, you still must leave you're gifts to each other under the tree, tonight the surprise happens.)