• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon: Bronze and Iron {Discussion Thread}

@Draco Nightshade Just to clarify, Coronet City is not on an island. If you look closely at the map, you will note that it is just barely a peninsula. I apologize for the confusion. The main land part of the region was intended to be a peninsula like the mainland of Greece.

New Fakémon added to the list!

Holimackrel (Water-Flying Type) "The Flying Fish Pokémon"
  • Description: A silver and blue fish with four white wings: two where its pectoral fins would be and two on the upper part of its tail before its tailfin. This Pokémon also has a halo, not unlike Shedninja.
    • Pokédex Entry: This fish Pokémon has evolved its own method of flight to avoid predators in the water. Wingull and Pelipper are its greatest enemies.
    • Ability: Moxie or Swift Swim (Hidden Ability Water Veil)
    • Moves: Capable of learning Flying, Water, Ice, and Normal-type moves.

Name: Leona Silver
Hometown: Coronet City
Gender/Pronouns: Female
Appearance:
Leona Silver  screenshot.png

Leona Silver casual wear  screenshot.png

Bio (optional):
Occupation (optional): Pokemon Trainer
Pokémon Starter: Dripurr - Whirlpuss
Other Pokemon: Litleo and Cirkit
Other: Loosely based on the Amazons. A bit further than some in their journeys. Currently on Crest Island to challenge the gym leader there.

I understand that I have to wait until about Thursday for your approval, but I do wish to carry on even if it's with a different character.

Hi all! I'm back. Going to be catching up with my posts tomorrow so bear with me. I'll start by accepting @Draco Nightshade's new character. Just make sure you don't get too overwhelmed with the number of characters you have.

Now, I have a question. Would you like to have a list of returning Pokémon (ie. Pokémon from previous generations) as part of the Mithos Dex? Thus far, I assumed you all were fine picking and choosing your favorite returning 'mon, but I realize a complete 'dex could be helpful. Let me know and I'll plan accordingly.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
Hi all! I'm back. Going to be catching up with my posts tomorrow so bear with me. I'll start by accepting @Draco Nightshade's new character. Just make sure you don't get too overwhelmed with the number of characters you have.

Now, I have a question. Would you like to have a list of returning Pokémon (ie. Pokémon from previous generations) as part of the Mithos Dex? Thus far, I assumed you all were fine picking and choosing your favorite returning 'mon, but I realize a complete 'dex could be helpful. Let me know and I'll plan accordingly.

That would be awesome, but you don’t need to if you don’t have the time to.

Glad you’re back, by the way! How was the trip?

(P.S. I’m considering making another character, but I’m not entirely sure about it yet.)

That would be awesome, but you don’t need to if you don’t have the time to.

Glad you’re back, by the way! How was the trip?

(P.S. I’m considering making another character, but I’m not entirely sure about it yet.)
Oh, I could do it. It just might take me a couple of days is all so there would be a wait.

The trip was wonderful! Our plane was delayed three hours though, so I didn't get to see everything I had planned on.

Completely up to you if whether or not you want to make a new character. Why don't you think over? No sense rushing something if you are not sure. When you decide, then you can let me know.

Welcome back. Don't worry, that's my last character for this. Anymore and I'll go nuts.

Oh, I could do it. It just might take me a couple of days is all so there would be a wait.

The trip was wonderful! Our plane was delayed three hours though, so I didn't get to see everything I had planned on.

Completely up to you if whether or not you want to make a new character. Why don't you think over? No sense rushing something if you are not sure. When you decide, then you can let me know.
Well Good on you! Good thing you enjoyed yourself!
Also list is cool but don't overwork yourself. You've got tons of things to reply to without it, and we're all patient. We can wait as long as you need to get everything settled. Just relax! Don't want to go right back to work after you just got home, yeah?

Well Good on you! Good thing you enjoyed yourself!
Also list is cool but don't overwork yourself. You've got tons of things to reply to without it, and we're all patient. We can wait as long as you need to get everything settled. Just relax! Don't want to go right back to work after you just got home, yeah?
Haha! Very true. I might pick away at the list as this goes on. So long as everyone's in a place where they can have fun while I'm catching up, I'm good.

Not particularly, but I was stuck between calling it Link or Lupa. What do you think?
Hmm. Gosh! They're both good.

Googling number generator...

So I assigned both names numbers based on the 7:10 chance of receiving a male starter and put them in a number generator (i.e., numbers 1,2,4,5,7,8,10 were for Link and 3,6,9 were for Lupa). The generator picked 3, so it looks like your starter would be female.

Returning Pokémon​

Rattata-->Raticate
Scyther-->Scizor
Fomantis-->Lurantis
Sewaddle-->Swadloon-->Leavanny
Caterpie-->Metapod-->Butterfree
Weedle-->Kakuna-->Beedrill
Wurmple-->Silcoon/Cascoon-->Beautifly/Dustox
Venonat-->Venomoth
Burmy-->Wormadam/Mothim
Snom-->Frosmoth
Surskit-->Masquerain
Scatterbug-->Spewpa-->Vivillion
Yanma-->Yanmega
Trapinch-->Vibrava-->Flygon
Nymble-->Lokix
Kricketot-->Kricketune
Skorupi-->Drapion
Ledyba-->Ledian
Volbeat
Illumise
Cutiefly-->Ribombee
Combee-->Vespiqueen
Spinarak-->Ariados
Joltik-->Galvantula
Dewpider-->Araquanid
Tarountula-->Spidops
Teddiursa-->Ursaring
Munchlax-->Snorlax
Shinx-->Luxio-->Luxray
Skiddo-->Gogoat
Wooloo-->Dubwool
Mudbray-->Mudsdale
Flamigo
Cramorant
Pidgey-->Pidgeotto-->Pidgeot
Fletchling-->Fletchinder-->Talonflame
Starly-->Staravia-->Staraptor
Rufflet-->Braviary
Spearow-->Fearow
Deerling-->Sawsbuck
Stantler
Rookidee-->Corvisquire-->Corviknight
Skarmory
Bombirdier
Tailow-->Swellow
Oricorio
Vullaby-->Mandibuzz
Pidove-->Tranquill-->Unfezant
Rockruff-->Lycanroc
Vulpix-->Ninetails
Zorua-->Zoroark
Eevee
Pichu-->Pikachu-->Raichu
Magicarp-->Gyarados
Clamperl-->Huntail/Gorebyss
Arrokuda-->Barraskewda
Feebas-->Milotic
Tentacool-->Tentacruel
Barboach-->Whiscash
Dratini-->Dragonair-->Dragonite
Onix-->Steelix
Seviper
Ekans-->Arbok
Silicobra-->Sandaconda
Carvanha-->Sharpedo
Gibble-->Gabite-->Garchomp
Horsea-->Seadra-->Kingdra
Octillery
Clobbopus-->Grapploct
Pincurchin
Pyukumuku
Mareanie-->Toxapex
Tynamo-->Eelektrik-->Eelektross
Seel-->Dewgong
Spheal-->Sealeo-->Walrein
Wailmer-->Wailord
Tirtouga-->Carracosta
Torkoal
Turtonator
Goomy-->Sliggoo-->Goodra
Slugma-->Magcargo
Shellos-->Gastrodon
Smoliv-->Dolliv-->Arboliva
Paras-->Parasect
Dwebble-->Crustle
Krabby-->Kingler
Crabrawler-->Crabominable
Claucher-->Clawitzer
Corphish-->Crawdaunt
Bagon-->Shelgon-->Salamence
Salandit-->Salazzle
Poliwag-->Poliwhirl-->Poliwrath/Politoad
Croagunk-->Toxicroak
Tadbulb-->Bellibolt
Tympole-->Palpitoad-->Seismitoad
Helioptile-->Heliolisk
Kecleon
Zigzagoon-->Linoone
Meowth--Persian
Skitty-->Delcatty
Glameow-->Purrugly
Litleo-->Pyroar
Purrloin-->Liepard
Espurr-->Meowstic
Growlithe-->Arcanine
Lillipup-->Herdier-->Stoutland
Yamper-->Bolthound
Electrike-->Manectric
Furfrou
Snubull-->Granbull
Spoink-->Grumpig
Houndour-->Houndoom
Riolou-->Lucario
Nickit-->Thievul
Smeargle
Poochyena-->Mightyena
Ponyta-->Rapidash
Gastly-->Haunter-->Gengar
Cubone--Marowak
Sableye
Shuppet-->Banette
Duskull-->Dusclops
Drifloon-->Drifblim
Spiritomb
Misdreavus-->Mismagius
Rotom
Yamask-->Cofagrigus/Runerigus
Snorunt-->Glalie/Froslass
Golett-->Golurk
Phantump-->Trevenant
Honedge-->Doublade-->Aegislash
Greavard-->Houndstone
Mimikyu
Dhelmise
Ceruledge
Armarouge
Dreepy-->Drakloak-->Dragapult
Mankey-->Primeape-->Annihilape
Machop-->Machoke-->Machamp
Tyrouge-->Hitmonlee/Hitmonchan/Hitmontop
Tauros
Heracross
Shroomish-->Breloom
Buneary-->Lopunny
Petilil-->Lilligant
Cottonee-->Whimsicott
Ralts-->Kirlia-->Gardevior/Gallade
Meditite-->Medicham
Meinfoo-->Meinshao
Hawlucha
Falinks
Pawmi-->Pawmo-->Pawmot
Sneasel-->Weavile
Igglybuff-->Jigglypuff-->Wigglytuff
Happini-->Chansey-->Blissey
Miltank
Dodou-->Dodrio
Ditto
Sentret-->Furret
Swablu-->Altaria
Aipom-->Ambipom
Yungoos-->Gumshoos
Lechonk-->Oinkologne
Indeedee
Tandemaus-->Maushold
Audino
Cleffa-->Clefairy-->Clefable
Castform
Azurill-->Marill-->Azumarill
Buizel-->Floatzel
Mawile
Flabébé-->Floette-->Florges
Impidimp-->Morgrem-->Grimmsnarl
Fidough-->Dauchsbun
Tinkatink-->Tinkatuff-->Tinkaton
Larvesta-->Volcarona
Rolycoly-->Carkol-->Coalossal
Chinchou-->Lanturn
Wingull-->Pelipper
Luvdisc
Relicanth
Finneon-->Lumineon
Ducklett-->Swanna
Skrelp-->Dragalge
Wimpod-->Golisopod
Emolga
Plusle
Minun
Mareep-->Flaafy-->Ampharos
Elekid-->Electabuzz-->Electivire
Bellsprout-->Weepinbell-->Victreebell
Tangela-->Tangrowth
Budew-->Roselia-->Roserade
Tropius
Lapras
Swinub-->Piloswine-->Mamoswine
Bergmite-->Avalugg
Vanillite-->Vanillish-->Vanilluxe
Cetoddle-->Cetitan
Nidoran-->Nidorino/Nidorina-->Nidoking/Nidoqueen
Zubat-->Golbat-->Crobat
Oddish-->Gloom-->Vileplume
Grimer-->Muk
Trubbish-->Garbodor
Sandshrew-->Sandslash
Geodude-->Graveler-->Golem
Gligar-->Gliscor
Larvitar-->Pupitar-->Tyranitar
Drilbur-->Excadrill
Hippopotas-->Hippowdon
Sandile-->Krokorok-->Krookodile
Natu-->Xatu
Togepi-->Togetic-->Togekiss
Murkrow-->Honchkrow
Drowzee-->Hypno
Beldum-->Metang-->Metagross
Wynaut-->Wobuffet
Munna-->Musharna
Solosis-->Duosion-->Reuniclus
Gothia-->Gothoria-->Gothitelle
Woobat-->Swoobat
Inkay-->Malamar
Solrock
Lunatone
Aron-->Lairon-->Aggron
Rhyhorn-->Rhydon-->Rhyperior
Deino-->Zweilous-->Hydreigon
Druddigon
Axew-->Fraxure-->Haxorus
Noibat-->Noivern
Drampa
Seedot-->Nuzleaf-->Shiftry
Pineco-->Forretress
Ferroseed-->Ferrothron
Pawniard-->Bisharp-->Kingambit
Orthworm
Phanpy-->Donphan
Cufant-->Copperajah

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
@Blotch'd @Draco Nightshade @~Aura~Slashz~ Should I add this Fakémon to the Dex?

Stingtyke-->Stingtine (Electric-Flying-type) "The Stingray Pokémon" = Similar to Tentacool v. Toedscool, Stingtyke and Mantyke look very similar except Stingtyke is dark-blue and yellow and more shaped like a stingray. It has a lightning bolt tail.
Yeah, I like the idea, referencing another form really helped with the description.

@Charlotte Pryce - I assume you’ll take the role of gym leader? Also, are gym battles 2 v 2?
I can take the role of gym leader, at least to start. Your group is heading to the Water type Gym first, correct? Let me know when you're heading that way and I'll post accordingly.

To answer your second question the Water, Fire, and Grass type gym leaders only have two Pokémon, like most gym leaders who give you your first badge in the Pokémon games. So we could do traditional 1-1 style or double battles for gym battles, depending on preference. If a large group is trying to get through the same gym, double battles may be implemented to speed up the process. If you have at least two Pokémon in your party, chances are you'll be able to best the first three gyms.

@Charlotte Pryce

We are ready for the gym.

Also, will this RP have a day and night cycle? Just curious.
It can if you want. We'll just have to agree on a day/night time as a team. Would you like to post Time Skip? @Insertnameofmemberhere whenever you want to stop from day to night? Should we keep a calendar going? For example, I could post the date and time at the top of each post.

Example: Morning, June 16, Location: Crest Island

Think it over. In the meantime, I'll get started on posting for the Water-type Gym Leader.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
It can if you want. We'll just have to agree on a day/night time as a team. Would you like to post Time Skip? @Insertnameofmemberhere whenever you want to stop from day to night? Should we keep a calendar going? For example, I could post the date and time at the top of each post.

Example: Morning, June 16, Location: Crest Island

Think it over. In the meantime, I'll get started on posting for the Water-type Gym Leader.

I am so sorry for not mentioning this earlier. When I said the group was ready, we had some character drama, and everyone split away from the gym for the time being, meaning the assistant talked to nobody.

And yeah, the day/night cycle thing sounds good to me; I was just curious about how it would work in this RP.

I am so sorry for not mentioning this earlier. When I said the group was ready, we had some character drama, and everyone split away from the gym for the time being, meaning the assistant talked to nobody.

And yeah, the day/night cycle thing sounds good to me; I was just curious about how it would work in this RP.
Oh, no problem. If you like, I could delete the assistance dialogue, or reword it so that it seems like he is rehearsing.

We also might be able to work Cerberoar's Eternal Night ability into the cycle somehow, say if someone wants to evolve their Eevee into an Umbreon or something. We could have a Divine Form Pokémon or Cerberoar's ability effect the day/night cycle temporarily.

Trainer Card:
Name: Nico Raiz
Hometown: Coronet city
Gender/Pronouns: male
Appearance:
He seems like a generic guy. He is of average height, has short light brown hair and wears glasses.
He usually walks around with a hoodie on cold days, or short shirts without a pattern on hot days. In sunny days, he wears his sunglasses.
Bio (optional): Nico is a kind heart person and he is willing to help to anyone in need. he will try to make his friends smile or laugh, even that most of the time he will make only himself laugh.
He is not popular, actually he is shy guy with new people, but after he know someone he is very open person. Sometimes (especially when he is angry) he needs his space and to be alone with music.
Occupation (optional): trainer, treasure hunter (if it's possible)
Pokémon Starter: wulfleur
Other: i am working on my English, so sorry in advance if I write in the wrong way sometimes

Trainer Card:
Name: Nico Raiz
Hometown: Coronet city
Gender/Pronouns: male
Appearance:
He seems like a generic guy. He is of average height, has short light brown hair and wears glasses.
He usually walks around with a hoodie on cold days, or short shirts without a pattern on hot days. In sunny days, he wears his sunglasses.
Bio (optional): Nico is a kind heart person and he is willing to help to anyone in need. he will try to make his friends smile or laugh, even that most of the time he will make only himself laugh.
He is not popular, actually he is shy guy with new people, but after he know someone he is very open person. Sometimes (especially when he is angry) he needs his space and to be alone with music.
Occupation (optional): trainer, treasure hunter (if it's possible)
Pokémon Starter: wulfleur
Other: i am working on my English, so sorry in advance if I write in the wrong way sometimes
Welcome, and thank you for joining us! If you need help jumping in, let us know.

Hi guys! I hope you don't mind. I'm using our RP to draft a script up what a hypothetical Mithos Region Pokémon game would be like.

I was wondering if you could help me out. I'm trying to create a Pokémon based on the zodiac Pisces. I was going for a Fire/Water Type set out fish, one red one blue, joined at the tail. Which name do you think sounds better: Gupple (frome "guppy"+"couple") or Coupole ("couple"+"tadpole")?

Hello! Is this still ongoing? I was thinking of joining, but I am not yet sure, since I don't know if I'll be free, sadly, but it still looked really interesting and full of details so I loved it. Either way, I wanted to confirm if this was up for another person in case I decided to join, thank you very much.
(For the record, I like Coupole!).

Hello! Is this still ongoing? I was thinking of joining, but I am not yet sure, since I don't know if I'll be free, sadly, but it still looked really interesting and full of details so I loved it. Either way, I wanted to confirm if this was up for another person in case I decided to join, thank you very much.
(For the record, I like Coupole!).
Thanks! I've only heard from one RPer recently. You are welcome to submit a character form if you want. In the event that this Rp picks up again, I can always message you and you can decide whether or not you still want to play. Right now though, it is pretty slow.

Absolutely! Would love to have you.

Worse comes to worse I could always reboot the RP so that people can do stuff besides Gym battles.
Ah, brilliant!

I DO have a couple of questions or so in mind before I start to make my character applications:

1) Do our characters have to be around the age of someone just starting out i.e. between 10-16 like the other characters? One of the ideas I have for a character for this region would be a much older character.

2) Are we allowed to have other Pokemon prior to obtaining our starters? Both characters I had in mind originated from other regions and would most likely want to have their other pokemon travelling with them that they've obtained. One such character would be like Ash Ketchum, where he is travelling with a particular partner Pokemon, akin to Pikachu!

3) Is it possible to obtain multiple starter fakemon or is it one per person? For example, if I had a character who obtained a starter in Chaplet Town, could they also go to Crest Island and obtain a starter Pokemon there?

4) Is your plan purely for the two evil teams to be the villains? Can other characters also be incorporated to be villains? One of my characters has...villanous tendancies. Would it be okay for him to be some sort of villain? Could he be involved with the two said evil teams later?

5) Do you control NPC characters like the gym leaders and professors or are we expected to play as them if our characters want to interact with them?

Sorry if it seems a bit much. You've got something very unique and interesting here it seems and I want to clarify some details! Thanks for the response in advance!

@Max Million Excellent Questions!

1) It really depends on the character. I started off with the age range being between 10-16 years old, but the need for variety has become very apparent. If your character is someone who is just starting out, I would say put them in that age range. If they've been at it a while, the sky is pretty much the limit.

2) Yes, characters can have Pokémon prior to the regional starters. While I don't expect Ash Ketchum himself to appear in this region, you could start with a Pikachu or a another Pokémon. All I ask is that you try to keep the power scaling somewhat consistent. It's no fun for anyone if you keep creaming every trainer and opponent that comes along with your Hyper Trained team. {Side note: This region actually has an unofficial 4th starter, like Pikachu in Pokémon Yellow. I haven't added it to the Pokédex yet, but its based on a Pokémon cut from the Johto games called Berunrun.}

3) It is possible. However, I was saving that for the post-game content. There are 12 locations where you can obtain a starter Pokémon and, as of this region, 12 sets of starters. During the post-game, people who complete the Laborer's Challenge can obtain 1 Pokémon from all the current Pokémon generations as a reward for passing a trial.

4) I can make it work. I've actually been rewriting the teams a little to make them appear more like game antagonists.

5) I've been controlling the gym leaders and professors up to this point. However, if you only need to ask them a quick question, shoot them an email, or have a phone conversation, you may play as them temporarily. Unless you want to create a character who is a professor ora gym leader, then you could play as them full time. It would take some adjusting, but I could make it work.

No worries about the questions! You raise some good points, and I'm excited for your interest.

@Max Million Excellent Questions!

1) It really depends on the character. I started off with the age range being between 10-16 years old, but the need for variety has become very apparent. If your character is someone who is just starting out, I would say put them in that age range. If they've been at it a while, the sky is pretty much the limit.

2) Yes, characters can have Pokémon prior to the regional starters. While I don't expect Ash Ketchum himself to appear in this region, you could start with a Pikachu or an another Pokémon. All I ask is that you try to keep the power scaling somewhat consistent. It's no fun for anyone if you keep creaming every trainer and opponent that comes along with your Hyper Trained team. {Side note: This region actually has an unofficial 4th starter, like Pikachu in Pokémon Yellow. I haven't added it to the Pokédex yet, but its based on a Pokémon cut from the Johto games called Berunrun.}
4) I can make it work. I've actually been rewriting the teams a little to make them appear more like game antagonists.

So my idea for two characters, which I’ll post later, would be one much older villainous man who is interested in research of new Pokémon, hence why he’d travel around the region to l observe various rare starter Pokémon, and then there would be an Ash-type character, not the same person of course, but a boy within that age range who has a partner Pokémon akin to Pikachu (but a completely different mon) and the villainous character is like Team Rocket in that he travels around, following him, trying to get the boy into his schemes! The villain would be more ominous with an unrevealed grander goal that would lead him to befriending the villainous teams in an attempt to actually make one of his plans work! My idea for him is that he would be interested particularly in Pokémon with strange eye structures or cyclops like, as well as Pokémon based on snakes or Gorgons, which would tie him in to some of the Pokémon found at the end of your Pokédex. Both trainers would come with their own teams, but only actually use one or two of them in reality.
No worries about the questions! You raise some good points, and I'm excited for your interest.
Thank you very much for welcoming me in and answering my large number of annoying questions! Character forms will be coming soon!

So my idea for two characters, which I’ll post later, would be one much older villainous man who is interested in research of new Pokémon, hence why he’d travel around the region to l observe various rare starter Pokémon, and then there would be an Ash-type character, not the same person of course, but a boy within that age range who has a partner Pokémon akin to Pikachu (but a completely different mon) and the villainous character is like Team Rocket in that he travels around, following him, trying to get the boy into his schemes! The villain would be more ominous with an unrevealed grander goal that would lead him to befriending the villainous teams in an attempt to actually make one of his plans work! My idea for him is that he would be interested particularly in Pokémon with strange eye structures or cyclops like, as well as Pokémon based on snakes or Gorgons, which would tie him in to some of the Pokémon found at the end of your Pokédex. Both trainers would come with their own teams, but only actually use one or two of them in reality.

Thank you very much for welcoming me in and answering my large number of annoying questions! Character forms will be coming soon!
Ooo! Interesting. I look forward to hearing more about them.

~Aura~Slashz~

Previously Airslashz
I might make another character soon, (unless in the case of a reboot, I’m also down for that!) but I’m definitely up to continue roleplaying. I just couldn’t respond because it seems like Blotch’d went into inactivity and I can’t really respond realistically to the current roleplay.