• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Pokémon: Bronze and Iron {Discussion Thread}

I also think Pyroar should be a regional variant. The Nemean lion that was slain by Heracles is invulnerable to weapon damage, hence why he strangled it to death, skinned it with it's own claws, and wore the skin in place of armor. With this in mind, I'm thinking a Fire/Steel type. Fire because it's in the name, Steel because of its numerous resistances. I was also kind of annoyed with Sun and Moon when Solgaleo wound up being a Psychic/Steel type before. What do you think?

Okay, okay, you win. I've thought about it and it makes sense now.
...How many of these regional variants do we need? Alola had 18, Galar had 19 (Thirteen in original, 19 after DLC), and Paldea had 3.

Honestly I just keep coming up with different idea's in the moment but we should probably put a cap on how many we're going to actually consider canon.
I don't think we necessarily need any more regional variants, but if you think of something you really want I'll consider adding it to the list.

I also think Pyroar should be a regional variant. The Nemean lion that was slain by Heracles is invulnerable to weapon damage, hence why he strangled it to death, skinned it with it's own claws, and wore the skin in place of armor. With this in mind, I'm thinking a Fire/Steel type. Fire because it's in the name, Steel because of its numerous resistances. I was also kind of annoyed with Sun and Moon when Solgaleo wound up being a Psychic/Steel type before. What do you think?
Sure, I can add that.

I don't think we necessarily need any more regional variants, but if you think of something you really want I'll consider adding it to the list.
But the main point is a cap so we don't necessarily get too many, not whether or not we set a minimum. I am concerned we might make more than needed rather than not enough. So a maximum would probably help.

Legendary & Mythical Fakémon​

• The Guardians of Mithos:
  • Delphin (Psychic-Water Type) “The Oracle Pokémon”
    • This Pokémon is modeled after the common dolphin. Navy blue on the top, gray on the bottom, with a yellow eye spot on either side. She is the official Mythical Pokémon of Mithos.
      • Pokédex Entry: Legends say it was Delphin who created the ocean that surrounds most of Mithos. She possesses the gift of prophecy and reveals the secrets of the future to those who are worthy.
      • Ability: Levitate (Hidden Ability Telepathy)
      • Moves: Capable of learning Water, Psychic, Normal, and Fairy-type moves.
      • Signature Move: Vigilance (Type Psychic, Category Status, PP 10)
        • Pokémon foresees the opponent's move and avoids it. It can be used twice before the chance of failing rises if used in succession.
  • Cartiluge (Ghost-Water Type) “The Rattling Bones Pokémon”
    • A massive aquatic creature resembling a southern right whale skeleton surrounded by a spectral aura. Divine Form Cartiluge is huge, translucent, and creates a field of spiritual energy.
      • Pokédex Entry: ???
      • Ability: Levitate (Hidden Ability Clear Body)
      • Moves: Capable of learning Ghost, Dark, Water, Electric, and Normal-type moves.
      • Signature Move: Soul Possession (Type Ghost, Category Status, PP 5)
        • Until the target faints it will attack the nearest adjacent ally for 3 to 5 turns.
  • Kharabyss (Dark-Rock Type) “The Fissure Pokémon”
    • A Kraken-like animal with iron-gray skin that resembles lava cooling. Its beak contains two rows of rotating teeth, and its eyes are made of fire with a black slit down the middle. Divine Form Kharabyss is huge and emits black smoke.
      • Ability: Killing Sand
        • Harsh broiling desert conditions for five turns in which Water-type moves are reduced to half strength and all Pokémon take damage each turn.
      • Moves: Capable of learning Dark, Rock, Ground, Poison, and Normal-type moves.
      • Signature Move: Tectonic Shift = Earthquake + Rock Slide. The ground splits open and swallows the opponent whole. Deals 2x the damage if the opponent used Dig.
  • Priscylla (Fairy-Dragon Type) “The Glutton Pokémon”
    • A vaguely maiden-like creature with six snakes attached to her waist. Each “snake” has a dog-like head and no eyes. Priscylla’s torso is coated in bronze armor-like scales. Her long tail resembles an eel or a fish, and her eyes are a pair of citrine sunglasses. Divine Form Priscylla carries a golden trident.
      • Ability: Auspicious Aura
        • Immunity to all stat changes and reflects those stat changes involving intimidation, trickery, wooing, or switch out back at the opponent. Will not work on paralysis, sleep, poison, burn, freeze, or confusion.
      • Moves: Capable of learning Fairy, Dragon, Water, and Normal-type moves.
      • Signature Moves: River Enchantment (Type Fairy, Category Special, Power, Accuracy, PP) = sends a wave of fairy water at multiple targets. Serpent Strike (Type Water, Category Physical, Power, Accuracy, PP) = hits the target 3-5 times.
  • DLC Myths and Legends
  • Thyloco (Ground-Fighting Type) “The Resurrected Pokémon”
    • A rust-tan canine-like animal with black stripes halfway down its back. Females have a pouch that opens backwards. It has purple eyes and a jaw that can open almost as wide as a snake. Despite its fierce reputation, this Pokémon was quite shy, usually avoiding contact with humans. When the last known specimen died, a researcher brought the body to his lab and attempted to revive it. His attempts failed, but the preserved remains were rediscovered almost ninety years later by scientists who achieved his goal. Thyloco is distrusting of humans due being treated as a lab rat and a fighting tool.
      • Pokédex Entry: This elusive mythical Pokémon prefers arid habitats. It has impeccable stamina allowing it to catch prey that moves much faster than it.
      • Ability: Steadfast
      • Moves: Capable of learning Ground, Fighting, Dark, Rock, Psychic, and Normal-type moves.
  • Minotauros (Fighting-Dark Type) “The Abomination Pokémon”
    • A raging bipedal bull with shaggy fur and a bronze nose ring. It carries a large club which it swings at anything that moves. Even with out the club, Minotauros is a formidable foe. It lunges at its opponents, whipping them back and forth to subdue them. It wears a special belt to suppress its energy, but nothing can suppress its rage.
      • Ability: Unnerve
      • Moves: Capable of learning Fighting, Dark, Rock, and Normal-type moves.
  • ~ The Four Monkeys of Havoc ~
    [*]Tamarogue (Rock-Fighting) “The Missing Monkey Pokémon”
    • Originally there were four statues depicting the four monkeys of havoc. One of these statues was defaced as an added measure to prevent anyone from awaken all four. According to prophecy, if the four monkeys of havoc were awakened, doom would befall the region.
      • Pokédex Entry: This Pokémon is thought to be an ancestor of the Chimchar line. Surviving pieces of its statue appear to support this claim.
      • Ability: Mold Breaker (Hidden Ability Iron Fist)
      • Moves: Capable of learning Rock, Fighting, Dark, and Normal-type moves.
    [*]Murkaque (Dark-Fighting Type) “The Dubious Monkey Pokémon”
    • This Pokémon resorts to cunning and deceitful tactics to win a fight. Its known for its love of shadows and impersonations. Nimbleness and creativity are this Pokémon's greatest assets. It has a fierce rivalry with Infernape.
      • Pokédex Entry: This Pokémon is considered the stealth operative of the group. It embraces the element of surprise.
      • Ability: Illusion (Hidden Ability Iron Fist)
      • Moves: Capable of learning Dark, Fighting, Normal, and Ghost-type moves.
    [*]Confuchin (Psychic-Fighting Type) “The Wise Monkey Pokémon”
    • A meditative monkey with long white whiskers and a gray body, this Pokémon’s pattern of coloration resembles the Taijitu, the Yin and Yang symbol. This Pokémon controls the light and the dark. According to legend, it possesses the knowledge of all human wisdom. It is modeled off of two real life monkeys, the Emperor Tamarin and the Capuchin.
      • Pokédex Entry: This Pokémon is considered the brains of the group. It ponders its options before it acts. It uses its healing powers to support its team.
      • Ability: Telepathy or Levitate (Hidden Ability Iron Fist)
      • Moves: Capable of learning Psychic, Fire, Fighting, and Normal-type moves.
    [*]Gibblock (Ground-Fighting Type) “The Long Reach Pokémon”
    • Resembling a brown gibbon with long arms, this Pokémon can level mountains. According to legend, it seized the sun, moon, and stars with its incredible reach, but its grasp was not strong enough to contain them. It resides near mountainous terrain.
      • Pokédex Entry: This Pokémon is considered the brawn of its team. It throws hard and hits harder.
      • Ability: Long Reach (Hidden Ability Iron Fist)
      • Moves: Capable of learning Ground, Fighting, Normal, and Rock-type moves.
  • ~ The Compass Quintet ~
    [*]Intortwine (Ice-Water Type) “The Indelible Pokémon”
    • Based on the Black Tortoise of Winter, this cosmic black Pokémon resembles a giant box turtle with a snake on its back. This snake has said to be tied to the legendary Pokémon since the dawn of time. The snake's head ushers in winter with its icy breath. The turtle commands rivers and oceans.
      • Ability: Snow Warning (Hidden Ability Shell Armor)
      • Moves: Capable of learning Ice, Water, Ghost, Dark, Dragon, Flying, and Normal-type moves.
    [*]Bengalia (Steel-Dark Type) “The Liberator Pokémon”
    • Based on the White Tiger of Autumn, this monumental beast with steel-blue eyes can make an entire forest quiver with a single step. It has been dubbed the Master of the West. It uses its long tail like an Immortal's blade, cutting down anything that stands in its way.
      • Ability: Sand Stream (Hidden Ability No Guard)
      • Moves: Capable of learning Steel, Dark, Ghost, Ground, Fighting, Flying, and Normal-type moves.
    [*]Fahrenhuang (Fire-Fairy Type) “The Ascension Pokémon”
    • Based on the Vermillion Bird of Summer, this Pokémon resembling the golden pheasant of China or perhaps the legendary Fenghuang itself, draws its power from the sun. A single wing beat can scorch an entire valley or melt a snow covered hilltop. In spite of its power, this Pokémon is a paragon of restraint, refusing to use its full power even when battling an opponent.
      • Ability: Drought (Hidden Ability Pixilate)
      • Moves: Capable of learning Fire, Fairy, Electric, Flying, Normal, and Psychic-type moves.
    [*]Immortalon (Grass-Dragon Type) “The Wisdom Pokémon”
    • Based on the Azure Dragon of Spring, this green and blue dragon has five talons on each foot, a long serpentine body, no wings, and two very long whiskers at the end of its face. This Pokémon is noble yet kind. It channels its power using a vibrant pearl which assists its control of plant life and the weather.
      • Ability: Wind Rider (Hidden Ability Multiscale)
      • Moves: Capable of learning Grass, Dragon, Normal, Water, Electric, Dark, Flying, and Psychic-type moves.
    [*]Linsage (Psychic-Ground Type) “The Prosperity Pokémon”
    • Based on the Yellow Qilin of Midsummer and Centrality, this mysterious Pokémon has been nicknamed the dragon-horse due to its unique appearance. A nible body covered with scales and deer-like attributes such as the antlers on its head and cloven hooves make for one unusual beast. This Pokémon is considered the gentlest of all creatures and detests conflict. However, in a time of need it will use its incredible speed to spirit one out of danger. Legend says it’s appearance announces the arrival or passing of an illustrious sage or ruler. It can read a person’s heart and tell whether they are being honest of deceitful. If it finds a person with a pure and valiant heart, it will follow them to the ends of the Earth.
      • Ability: Healer (Hidden Ability Super Luck)
      • Moves: Capable of learning Healing, Psychic, Dragon, Grass, Ground, Rock, Fairy, and Normal-type moves.
{Note: The mods reserve the right to revoke these Pokémon at anytime due to Pokécharms's policy on Legendaries. Fortunately, I have plans in the event that we can't have Legendary encounters.}

What Are Divine Forms?​

Divine Forms are phenomena unique to the Mithos Region. Little is known about the process, but they appear to be caused by a Pokémon embracing and harmonizing with its element. These phenomena appear restricted to wild Pokémon, particularly those native to Mithos. In the past, these Pokémon were worshiped as gods. Unlike Terastal Pokémon, Divine Form Pokémon don't get a funny hat or undergo a change in base typing. Rather Divine Form Pokémon gain a 2x power boost to one of their base types and become immune to said type. For example, Divine Form Aquilawa gains 2x power to Electric-type moves and becomes immune to Electric-type moves.

Nobody quite knows how to unlock a Pokémon's Divine Form. However, an ancient manuscript written by Akatara mentions a Pokémon "undergoing a trial to master its element and unlock its true potential". Akatara's Pyroar was supposedly able to access its Divine Form of Fire after visiting Mt. Apex. Perhaps, that is where the secret lies.

I hate to bring this up after the regional variants were already posted, but I did mention a Poison/Dragon variant of the Hydreigon line based on the Lernean Hydra slain by Heracles a few posts ago.
Whoops! I must have missed that. Okay, one purple and black Hydreigon line coming. But I'm setting the regional variant cap at 16.

Ah, gotcha. Sorry, I just didn't want to miss an opportunity to drag in a bit more Greek mythology.
Don't apologize. I'm glad somebody is as passionate about this as I am. The whole point of the the Labors Challenge was to mimic Heracles's 12 Labors. I might as well throw in authenticity. I updated the Hydreigon entry if you want to double check it.

Don't apologize. I'm glad somebody is as passionate about this as I am. The whole point of the the Labors Challenge was to mimic Heracles's 12 Labors. I might as well throw in authenticity. I updated the Hydreigon entry if you want to double check it.
Almost had it, the dragon that guards the tree in Greek mythology is a hundred headed dragon named Ladon, the Lernean Hydra terrorized a river. Again, just saying.

Almost had it, the dragon that guards the tree in Greek mythology is a hundred headed dragon named Ladon, the Lernean Hydra terrorized a river. Again, just saying.
Eh. Close enough for now. I mixed Hippocampus and Kelpie when designing Mithosian Rapidash, so I don't think anyone will mind too much. Besides, can you imagine a Pokémon with 100 heads?

Hmm, good point. The best I can think of is probably a branch off from Zweilous with a slightly different typing. Probably a Grass/Dragon type since in some versions of the myth Heracles killed it with poisoned arrows and it's the furthest thing from a Fairy type. What do you think?

Hmm, good point. The best I can think of is probably a branch off from Zweilous with a slightly different typing. Probably a Grass/Dragon type since in some versions of the myth Heracles killed it with poisoned arrows and it's the furthest thing from a Fairy type. What do you think?
I like the idea, but I already gave the Grass/Dragon typing to a DLC Pokémon. I feel like we would have to pick and choose too. Paldea is the only region I can think of with multiple regional variants of the same Pokémon.

Well, it technically isn't a regional variant. Though, I guess that regional variants usually only get one or the other: New evolution or just full regional variant evolutions. Haven't seen one with a branch evolution yet.

Actually, now that I think about it, if we don't need another Grass/Dragon type, we can probably retype Ladon as a Grass type, or dual type it with something else. As a Grass type, I think I can see it walking on all fours, its body obscured by an enormous bush with its tail sticking out. On the bush are little heads shaped similarly to strawberries. Not sure about the name though.

Actually, now that I think about it, if we don't need another Grass/Dragon type, we can probably retype Ladon as a Grass type, or dual type it with something else. As a Grass type, I think I can see it walking on all fours, its body obscured by an enormous bush with its tail sticking out. On the bush are little heads shaped similarly to strawberries. Not sure about the name though.
Hmm. Maybe Grass/Poison Type? I'm not really sure on a name either.

Since it's based on a dragon, how about Grass/Fire? The little "heads" are red because they're about as hot as tamato berries, if not hotter. The real head is concealed within the bush with its little eyes peeking out through the leaves. Kinda like Shellgon.

Since it's based on a dragon, how about Grass/Fire? The little "heads" are red because they're about as hot as tamato berries, if not hotter. The real head is concealed within the bush with its little eyes peeking out through the leaves. Kinda like Shellgon.
Grass/Fire could work, we just have to make sure its different enough from that new Paldea Pokémon, Scovillain.

Here's my Trainer Card!

Name: Sky Abbott
Hometown: Chaplet Town
Gender/Pronouns: Female, she/her
Appearance: Sky has brown eyes, shoulder length dark brown hair, and subtle tan skin. Her hair has a slight wave to it, and it curls at the end. She wears a dark purple T-shirt and navy blue shorts. Her sneakers are black. She also owns a greek-style wool cap though she prefers not to wear it most of the time. Her friend Circe gave it to her as a joke, claiming that every memorable Pokémon trainer wears a hat.
Bio (optional): Sky lives with her brother and her single father who is a construction worker. Her father doesn't care much for Pokémon, and Sky's brother would rather play video games and bike race with his friends than train Pokémon. Sky spends most of her time working at the Chaplet Town Poké Mart, but recently rekindled her dream of being a Pokémon Trainer. She bet her father she could beat the Gym Challenge over the summer. She doubts she can complete her goal, but she's hoping she can win enough money to convince her father to let her keep Pokémon.
Occupation (optional): Trainer / Part-time Poké Mart Cashier
Pokémon Starter: Puggle {Lvl. 5. Known Moves: Bubble, Tail Whip, Tackle}
Other: Orbitt (Nickname: Aylin. Meaning: "Moon Halo") {Lvl. 8. Known Moves: Pound, Defense Curl, Baby-Doll Eyes, Quick Attack}

Last edited:
Here's my Trainer Card!

Name: Sky Abbott
Hometown: Chaplet Town
Gender/Pronouns: Female, she/her
Appearance: Sky has brown eyes, shoulder length dark brown hair, and subtle tan skin. Her hair has a slight wave to it, and it curls at the end. She wears a dark purple T-shirt and navy blue shorts. Her sneakers are black. She also owns a greek-style wool cap though she prefers not to wear it most of the time. Her friend Circe gave it to her as a joke, claiming that every memorable Pokémon trainer wears a hat.
Bio (optional): Sky lives with her brother and her single father who is a construction worker. Her father doesn't care much for Pokémon, and Sky's brother would rather play video games and bike race with his friends than train Pokémon. Sky spends most of her time working at the Chaplet Town Poké Mart, but recently rekindled her dream of being a Pokémon Trainer. She bet her father she could beat the Gym Challenge over the summer. She doubts she can complete her goal, but she's hoping she can win enough money to convince her father to let her keep Pokémon.
Occupation (optional): Trainer / Part-time Poké Mart Cashier
Pokémon Starter: Puggle {Lvl. 3. Known Moves: Bubble, Tail Whip, Tackle}
Other: Orbitt {Lvl. 8. Known Moves: Pound, Defense Curl, Baby-Doll Eyes, Quick Attack}
Seems she'll be running into Wulf pretty quickly.

Seems she'll be running into Wulf pretty quickly.
Seems like She won't get to meet her majesty Aceso anytime soon. And neither will anyone else. Yay for loneliness on Crest Island!

Just imagine Shellgon as a berry bush with four legs and tail sticking out of it.
I am now confused are we still talking about Hydreigon or Shellgon? Because I tried to follow your discussion but got turned about-

Seems like She won't get to meet her majesty Aceso anytime soon. And neither will anyone else. Yay for loneliness on Crest Island!

I am now confused are we still talking about Hydreigon or Shellgon? Because I tried to follow your discussion but got turned about-
Sorry for the confusion, I was trying to differentiate it one way or another. Who knows, it could be a convergent evolution that vaguely resembles Shellgon.

Just because her hometown isn't on Crest Island, doesn't mean she won't get there. I mean, obviously there is a boat between the island and the mainland. And don't worry about being lonely, I have a special Prologue planned just for you. Certain important characters will be there.

And I'm not sure we need a Ladon inspired Pokémon, but it was fun to brainstorm.

@Draco Nightshade and @Blotch'd Check out this Scovillain evolution someone made. Pretty cool, eh?
5 Strongest Grass-types & Their Best Moves In Pokemon Scarlet & Violet -  Sportskeeda Stories

Just because her hometown isn't on Crest Island, doesn't mean she won't get there. I mean, obviously there is a boat between the island and the mainland. And don't worry about being lonely, I have a special Prologue planned just for you. Certain important characters will be there.

And I'm not sure we need a Ladon inspired Pokémon, but it was fun to brains
Well well, how the turn tables, better not hope she meets any villains or she might give them a speech like in Steven Universe-
But yeah, I guess it's fun to bonk heads together while waiting for the fourth member of this merry band.
I remember like four years ago, Roleplay was easier to join. Now we've all got actual PLOTS!? The scandal!

That is pretty close to what I envisioned the entire time you guys were brainstorming without me! I wish this was real, that's so cool. You just randomly pulled this image out of your hat?

@Blotch'd Sorry we brainstormed without you. I know, scandalous right. Seems like people won't join role plays with Fakémon unless the creator looks like she knows what she's doing.

@Draco Nightshade Same here. Too bad we can't steal it. You know, give it a name and call it ours. That's probably illegal.