• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokemon Bank Honesty

Why are you planing to use Pokemon Bank?

• For Pokemon Bank only during the trial.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As we continue to wait for the much anticipated release of Pokemon Bank, I thought it would be interesting to see why most of y'all are planing to download the app. As the choices reflect general plans for using Pokemon Bank, feel free to express why you have chosen the way you want to use Bank.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
While I will appreciate having Pokemon Bank in general, I voted "For Poke Transfer with the subscription" because that's the more accurate situation. Mostly I just want access to Pokemon Bank in order to transfer my Pokemon over to Gen VI. I don't overly trust cloud services and likely won't store anything too important on Bank long-term, just random Pokemon that I'd rather not release entirely (ie. breeding stock with good eggmoves or IVs), extra legendaries, etc.

Most of all, I just want access to my team Pokemon from past generations. Being separated from my babies is cruel, unusual torture. </3 (We ignore the fact that I can boot up Black2/White2 to see them whenever I want :'D)

While I will appreciate having Pokemon Bank in general, I voted "For Poke Transfer with the subscription" because that's the more accurate situation. Mostly I just want access to Pokemon Bank in order to transfer my Pokemon over to Gen VI. I don't overly trust cloud services and likely won't store anything too important on Bank long-term, just random Pokemon that I'd rather not release entirely (ie. breeding stock with good eggmoves or IVs), extra legendaries, etc.

Most of all, I just want access to my team Pokemon from past generations. Being separated
my babies is cruel, unusual torture. </3 (We ignore the fact that I can boot up Black2/White2 to see them whenever I want :'D)

That's pretty much the same reason for me xD

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I voted For Poke Transfer with the subscription because all I want to do is transfer my old Pokemon over really. I'll probably keep the subscription just in case I ever need it, and for the off chance I use the Pokemon Bank. It's a very inexpensive subscription in the grand scheme of things, to me anyway, so I'll keep it. You never know when transferring might come in handy :)

Because I'm cheap, I'm only using the bank and transfer services during their trial period. I just want Celebi and I don't want to pay money, so that's making my decision quite easy.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Personally, I have no plans to use Pokémon Bank at all - even when I do get my claws on a 3DS. I never catch enough Pokémon to warrant needing more storage space than the games already provide me with, I'm not a competitive battler nor do I have a need to see teams I've already used in a newer generation, and as for species not available in Kalos that I want to train, I have ways of getting those.

So yeah. Not worth a paid service for me.

Firstly I've just finished googling this as I had not heard of it but upon reading the overview of it's service here:
https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/6zMzdzWbupinGRvOZnN-NshrhuXzi4m7
it does not sound like something I will be able to make use of. The boxes in the games' PCs are more than enough space for even the largest amount I have ever captured.

In addition I do not use internet gaming services that require payment as my financial situation is not the greatest.

May not be using the bank part- unsure yet...depends on how I store stuff after using the transporter. BUT for it only being $5/Year..........dude....that's pretty cheap xD Plus there's the 30-day free trial that is supposed to be still up for grabs when the rest of the world get's access. But if I ever do use the bank- it'll probably be for breeding storage or pokemon I don't use much...dunno yet. But free Celebi- coming for you~ As well as all my precious pokemon stuck in B/W2 right now xD actually...I'm in dire need of blue shards for the move tutor in B/W2 xDD had movesets planned out as well as fairy defense with steel-type moves....but I can only get such in BW2 and urgghhh I can find any more blue shards ;3;

Yeah, I'm aiming to move all my stuff up to the current gen, and that's why I'm getting the bank. Playing HeartGold at the moment, so being able to get stuff easily all the way up to gen 6 is very convenient.

I kinda got ripped off with Poke Transporter. I thought you could transfer from ANY GAME for the DS, but we can only from Gen 5. Why?! I seriously wanted to transfer my level 79 Infernape from Diamond!

Anyways, I'm happy with my little onion fairy, Celebi. But I expect an update that will let you transfer from Gen 4/3.

I thought they made it fairly clear that only Gen V games could be used for Transporter :/

Anyway, I used Transporter and Bank within the first day and was done. Went ahead and went with a subscription on the off-chance I ever need it, because it's a pretty cheap price, all things considered. If I'm lucky, my old Platinum cartridge with tons of event 'mons on it will turn up and I can finally get around to using them.