1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.

X/Y Pokémon-Amie

Discussion in 'Information Pages' started by Demelza, Jun 13, 2013.

1. Demelza

Demelza Eevee Tamer
    Staff Member Moderator

[​IMG]

On this page we'll detail all the information about the Pokémon-Amie feature being introduced in Pokémon X and Pokémon Y.

General Information

Pokémon-Amie is a brand new feature to the main series Pokémon games and allows players to interact with the Pokémon in their party on a whole new level. Players can feed, pet and play with their Pokémon, as well as mimic their actions for some fun reactions from their Pokémon. Interacting with Pokémon in this manner will build the bonds and friendship between you. Each Pokémon reacts different to how you pet them and what you feed them, so take your time working out what's best for each of your Pokémon.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Notable Benefits

Pokémon who have been interacted with in Pokémon-Amie are more likely to land critical hits when they attack and are more likely to dodge attacks. It has also been mentioned that Pokémon who have been played with in Pokémon-Amie may turn and look at their trainer in battle while waiting for their next command.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Screenshots

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

#1 Demelza, Jun 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  2. The whole idea of this really has me excited. I was always disappointed by past games because there wasn't a feature like this. I'll definitely be spending a lot of my time using this function in the game. For trainers who know how to use in-game features wisely, this is definitely an optimal addition to the games.

3. I agree, it has my excited as well. I think this'll be the best game yet because it has a mini-game sorta thing that adds onto the game itself so they bond with you. Not to mention the new fairy type and the two new legendaries xerneas and yveltal and all the new pokemon coming out. i for one am glad that there is a new region and pokemon coming out, how about you?

4. Aww... I'd love to use Pokemon-Amie on my darling Serperior! (I'm gonna use Pokemanz Bank)

5. This is a good idea. Something Pokémon needed for a while now.

6. When I saw this I instantly knew X and Y were going to be the best.

7. Not really....... The game is short, Its another "are you a boy or are you a girl?" game, and the least amount of Pokemon ever in a Pokemon game But, Pokemon-amie, the 3D world, and wonder trading were a HUGE success!

8. Collecting all 8 badges, defeating the evil team, and beating the Elite 4 is roughly the same amount of time across every single generation, with RBY actually having the shorter one due to there being less of an ingame plot. The Pokemon franchise has literally been "are you a boy or a girl" since Crystal. Having a regional dex of 454 makes XY have the largest regional dex BY FAR.

#9 Shocari, May 26, 2014
    Last edited: May 26, 2014
  9. With Pokemon Amie, I have won battles that would be impossible! :). Yay for those little loves spraying out of my dear Latias's head.

Silverstar23 likes this.
  10. I have never played Pokémon but I am willing to give it a try. Maybe even today!

11. I recently caught a female shiny Eevee, and I evolved her into a Sylveon using Pokémon-Amie and it was worth it!

12. I Love Amie!! everytime I start a new team, unless I'm playing a challenge where I can't use Amie - I instinctively have to get my team to 5 heart affection as soon as possible, even before 1st gym.

Really love all the details, and expressions (happy, sad, mad, disappointed, annoyed) that went into Amie.
    Just wish it had more than 3 min-games.
    The cutest thing I ever seen in Amie was Vulpix when it was sleeping, looked so cute, I just didn't want to wake it up.

13. Parz_Official

Parz_Official Previously Parz'sOfficialAlt

if it wasnt for pokemon amie, i would have beaten the elite 4 with my precious dragonite