• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokémon Alolan Adventures

Welcome to my Alola based Pokémon RP, if you desire to join, it would be appreciated that you ask me for permission in the Conversation feature, especially if the RP is already quite a bit in to a story.

Rules
  • Don't be rude to other RPers unless it fits your character, but only be rude to the character and not the actual person.
  • Please don't do any God-mode shenanigans, they are neither liked or needed. Meaning, in battle, no '<Insert Pokémon here> dodges all the attacks flawlessly and one shots <Insert Pokémon here> with <Insert Move here>
  • Try to keep things kid friendly, meaning no swearing of blood/gore.
  • Don't make one line comments as that might, could and will get this RP thread shut down.
  • Please make it that you start off as a beginning trainer, not legendaries or fully evolved Pokémon until the 'story' of the RP goes far enough for it to make sense
  • Don't make one line comments as that might, could and will get this RP thread shut down.
  • No controlling ANY actions another RPer's character makes.

Likes for this RP

• I would like for those of you who join to make sure they have coherent English that is properly spelled.
  • Please write in third person
  • Please try to write in past tense
  • If I allow you to join, please fill out the Bio sheet for your character.

Bio sheet (My Character's example.)

Name: Jarod
Personality: Slightly rash but highly analytical. Easily angered. Unsocial to people he doesn't know but is possibly far to social to those he knows well.
Appearance: Above average height for his age with an average build, blond hair, brown eyes and a slightly pale complexion
Pokémon Team: Popplio (Female, Nickname: Bubbles)

Jarod was walking down Route 1 and towards Hau'oli City, intent on traveling around the island to get to Captain Ilima's trail. His Starter Pokémon, Bubbles the Popplio was riding on his head, enjoying the ride around the island.

Last edited:
Name:Shadow
Personality: Friendly and likes making friends with both humans and pokemon
Appearance: A bit taller than his ages average height,dark brown hair,green eyes,always wearing a gray hoodie and a pale complexion
Pokemon Team:Litten(Male)

As Shadow was walking through Hau'oil City with his Litten they stopped by to get some Malasadas.After they ate they went to hopefully find some new pokemon to capture and maybe even make friends with someone.As Shadow and his Litten who was on his shoulder, saw someone in the distance (Jarod) they ran to them and said "Hey cool pokemon what's its name?" Shadow had asked

"Huh?" Jarod asked as he turned towards the teen who was running towards them "Oh, this is Bubbles, my Popplio. We just got here, say hello Bubbles." Jarod smiled as Bubbles jumped off of his head before blowing a few bubbles into Shadow's face with a smile "Yeah, Bubbles greets people like that, from what I can gather."

"Haha funny way to greet people if you ask me" Shadow said as his Litten looked at Bubbles."Well nice to meet you Bubbles and I think Litten is curious" Shadow says as he grabs his Litten and puts him on my head to see Bubbles closer.

"Yeah, it is. But I think that is part of Bubble's appeal to me." Smiled Jarod as Bubbles blew a harmless bubble into Litten's face

Litten hissed a bit after the bubble hit him. "Aw come on Litten it was just like one little bubble don't be a sourpuss about it" Shadow says as he pets Litten to soothe him.

Litten looks at the rare candy with cautious and then grabs it slowly and chews it.Litten then gobbles the rest of the rare candy and meows at bubbles.

"Yeah I'm pretty sure they have started to like each others in only a matter of seconds" Shadow says as he smiles at Jarod."so what's your name?"Shadow ask Jarod

"Oh. I introduced my partner and not myself... My name is Jarod, I'm new to Alola so Kukui suggested that I try the Island Trail to get to know the region."Smiled Jarod as he held his hand out for a hand shake "And you are?"

"I'm shadow and its nice to meet you Jarod" Shadow says cheerfully then he looks at Litten still on top of Jarods head. "So Kukui told you about trials uh?" Shadow asks

"Yeah some people says its Alolan Raticate while others say its Gumshoos(Sun and Moon difference Reference)I dont know which one it is though" Shadow says to Jarod

"Maybe it as to do with the time they went? I mean, Alolan Rattata and and Raticate are nocturnal, right? So, wouldn't it make sense for Gumshoos to be the daytime Totem while Raticate is the nighttime Totem?"

"Its a possibility or its like uh um you know your idea is the only thing I can think of" Shadow says to Jarod still thinking of another possibility.

"Oh me I'm just going around Alola to be the very best pokemon trainer" Shadow says as he smiles ." And maybe other reasons I won't say"Shadow says as he looks at Litten and Bubbles.

"Ok well I'll grab Litten and be on my way maybe we will see each other another time unless you want to go together" Shadow says as he grabs Litten which whines a bit.

"I think it'd be ok if go together." Smiled Jarod as he picked Bubbles off of his head and started walking deeper into Hau'Oli City

"Ok plus we would both be good trainers I believe plus our pokemon could bond even though they kinda already did" Shadow says as he holds Litten in his hands while following Jarod.

"Yeah. I mean, Bubbles is my only Pokémon right now. I say some Pichu back on Route 1 so I thought that after healing Bubbles, I might go back and catch one to help out later." Stated Jarod, smiling slightly

"Nice I saw some charjabugs and I really like vikavolt so maybe I'll get one myself" Shadow states as he walks to the Pokemon Center with Jarod.

"Charjabugs? Those are supposed to only be in Blush Mountain. I think you mean Grubbin." Jarod chuckles as he walks into the Pokémon Centre and gets Bubbles healed up

"Oh yeah my mind was some where else" Shadow says as he walks in with Jarod and puts down Litten and walks to the café part of the pokemon center"I'll take a moomoo milk"shadow tells the cashier and drinks some of the moomoo milk.

Jarod goes to the PokéMart section before buying five Poké Balls and three Potions, ready for the incoming 'training' to get a Pichu

As Shadow finishes his moomoo milk he goes and buys 5 pokeballs and 4 parazle heals and Shadow hands Jarod 2 of them"Here you will need them"Shadow says to Jarod.

"Oh. Thank you Shadow. I forgot about Paralyse Heals. Yeah, I will need them for the incoming attempts to get a Pichu, what with the Static and the Thundershock. I hope you have an easy time catching that Grubbin of yours."

"Yeah I hope vice grip can parlazye my Litten so I need at least 2 in my opinion" Shadow says to Jarod as I see Litten trying to play with bubbles.

Bubbles is blowing bubbles into the air, creating different shapes while bouncing on a bubble as well "Bubbles earns her name, doesn't she?"

Bubbles makes a platform out of soupy bubbles while waiting for Litten to make it up to her level while Jarod just smiles at the two's interaction with each other

Bubbles claps her paws together just before the bubble they are on pops, making the two starter Pokémon start to fall, just before Jarod caught them, shaking his head at Bubble's antics

Can I still join?
Name: Jordan
Personality: Kind to pokemon, is very shy to people
Appearance: average height and a yellow cap, blond hair, blue eyes, a pale complexion
Pokémon team: Pichu

Can i join please

Name : Rye Stye
personnality : reguarly silent , nice and very chill , he likes to battle
Pokemon Team : Riolu (male , Nickname : Aura)

has Rye walks down route one,he encounters a wild pidgey ``.....cool!...`` Rye said softly it was his first battle , he then lifted up 1 pokeball in the air ``Aura! show em who's boss!....`` he said with exitement (its hard to show exitement when you character doesnt speak alot O.O) (Aura:level 5,exp:0 , moves : Pound growl (they are actually the moves you have if the riolu is level 5)
``pound...`` he said and Aura immediatly ran at high speed towards the pidgey and K.O.ed it with pound ``...that was easy.....``

Shadow sighs" Maybe you should of made the bubble more sturdy bubbles"Shadow says as he grabs Litten"and thanks Jarod for catching Litten"Shadow exclaims