• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Pokemon Academy

As the boat arrived at the Hau'oli City port, Yokudo took a breath of fresh air. "Finally, I'm in Alola!" he said with excitement. Yokudo had recently been accepted into the prestigious Pokemon Academy, a place where only skilled trainers can enter. Although, now they are accepting any trainer they can. Yokudo grabbed his bag and headed for a hotel to check in. Once he had finished unpacking, headed towards the academy. Yokudo knew this was the start of his adventures in Alola.

Hanzo saw the boy running into hotel "Hi" he said "Are you here to sign up for pokemon academy? You know, I'm alone here and I was searching for someone to talk" said Hanzo
Yokudo turned around, hearing someone speaking to him. "Oh, hey there! Yes, I'm here to sign up for the academy. If you're lonely, maybe we can be friends?" he said with a friendly smile.

Kaizer pushes the door open with her shoulder, dragging her bags around at her side. A Charjabug scoots up beside her, a small basket full of something tied to its back. She falls backwards onto her back and sprawls out. Her Charjabug climbs up on her stomach and a Wingull hovers over her face, calling out as if to laugh. She scowls and gets to her feet slowly, rubbing her knees a little on her way up. Behind her, a Munchlax with another bag comes to a stop.

These three pokemon; Charjabug, Wingull, and Munchlax are all she has on her team.

Kaizer's attention snapped toward Yokudo. "Wait!" she called. She ran as fast as she could after taking her fall, and caught up with Yokudo eventually. "Uh, are you going for the Pokemon Academy?" Her eyes were wide and she was panting, her bags dragging behind her.

Robin had already been at the hotel for the past week waiting for his first day at the academy. He was im his room when he heard a few voices talking about the academy. After thinking about it for awhile, Robin decided to pack up his things and go. When he opened his door and stepped out he saw a girl running out the doors after something. Robin had noticed that her clothes were dirty and that she had obviously been knocked to the ground by whoever or whatever she was chasing after.

Robin dashed past the receptionist and out the door sprinting after the girl. He saw that she caught up to a boy and started to slow down so Robin continued his pursuit running up right behind the boy and turning him around grabbing him by the collar. "Were you the one that made her clothes that dirty!?" Robin said looking the boy in his eyes. He saw that his eyes looked a ting bit confused on the whole situation and he loosened his grip slightly. "What did you do!" He barked.

Kaizer's attention snapped toward Yokudo. "Wait!" she called. She ran as fast as she could after taking her fall, and caught up with Yokudo eventually. "Uh, are you going for the Pokemon Academy?" Her eyes were wide and she was panting, her bags dragging behind her.
Yokudo stopped, hearing a girl's voice asking him to wait. "Oh hey, yea I'm going to the Pokemon Academy." He then noticed that she had a lot of bags. "Uh, do you need help with those?" he said with a questionable look.

Robin had already been at the hotel for the past week waiting for his first day at the academy. He was im his room when he heard a few voices talking about the academy. After thinking about it for awhile, Robin decided to pack up his things and go. When he opened his door and stepped out he saw a girl running out the doors after something. Robin had noticed that her clothes were dirty and that she had obviously been knocked to the ground by whoever or whatever she was chasing after.

Robin dashed past the receptionist and out the door sprinting after the girl. He saw that she caught up to a boy and started to slow down so Robin continued his pursuit running up right behind the boy and turning him around grabbing him by the collar. "Were you the one that made her clothes that dirty!?" Robin said looking the boy in his eyes. He saw that his eyes looked a ting bit confused on the whole situation and he loosened his grip slightly. "What did you do!" He barked.
Suddenly, right after he offered the girl his help, he was turned around and grabbed by the collar. "Can you please let me go, I have no idea what you're talking about" he said with a confused look. "She was already dirty when she was in the hotel so I didn't do anything. Now if you'll excuse me, I got to get to the academy." he said as he picked up his stuff that he dropped when he got grabbed.

Yokudo stopped, hearing a girl's voice asking him to wait. "Oh hey, yea I'm going to the Pokemon Academy." He then noticed that she had a lot of bags. "Uh, do you need help with those?" he said with a questionable look.
Kaizer smiled shyly. "Uh, yeah. That'd be a big help." Her Charjabug let out a calm buzz and her Munchlax rolled a bag toward Yokudo. "Um, thank you a lot. Sorry about the misunderstanding, you guys. It's all good in the hood, y'know?"

Robin let go of the boy and fixed his shirt. "Sorry man, i just saw her taking off out of the hotel after you so i just thought that something happened..." Robin looked down at the bags that were dropped. "Allow me to make it up to you guys, how about we all go out for ice cream later, my treat. Also i can help carry a few of those bags." He offered blushing after such an embarrassing introduction. "Oh, my apologies. My name is Robin, its nice to meet some fellow students of the academy before classes even start." Robin extended both of his hands for a proper handshake.

Kaizer smiled. "That sounds like fun! Thank you!" She offered him one of the lighter bags and smiled at him. "Seems like we're all headed to the same place. Should we walk together then?" She glanced over at Yokudo, as if to ask for his approval. She really didn't want to bother him.

Robin felt that the bag was light and offered Yokudo his assistance. "Need a hand with yours to?" He said raising one eye brow. "Honest, im happy to help don't go holding back on me." He laughed. "That goes for you too little miss, don't think im just gonna stand here and let you carry your heavy bags while you pawn off the lightest one to me." He said carrying the light bag with one hand.

Yokudo smiled at both of them. "It's alright, I don't need any help carrying my bags" He said while also picking up some of Kaiser's bags. "My name is Yokudo and I wouldn't mind hanging out with you guys later. So, how about we get moving!" he said with a huge smile while accepting both Robin's offer for ice cream and Kaiser's offer to walk together.

As Yokudo and the gang walked, they finally came across the Academy. "Alright, the Academy!" he said while running towards the school. "Hurry up guys, we have to report in!" he shouted back.

Robin noticed a new person introducing himself. "Howdy there, im Robin." He smiled. Robin was right behind Yokudo when he shouted for the others to hurry up. "Speak for yourself!" He laughed as he started to dash towards the Academy doors trying not to drop any of the bags Kaizer gave him.

Kaizer giggled and followed after them, picking up her Munchlax so that it could keep up with the group. She threw one of her bags over her shoulder to make it easier for her to run. "Pokemon academy, here we come!"

As Yokudo walked into the academy, he noticed how huge the main lobby was. He was impressed at how spacious it was and he wanted to explore it more. Yokudo then proceeded to walk to the secretary. "Hello, I'm Yokudo Kamiya, I'm a first year here." "Ah yes, Yokudo. Here is your honorary school id and dorm room key." "Okay, thank you." he said while he waited for his new friends to arrive and sign in.

Kaizer held the same conversation with the secretary and received her ID, screwing up her face at the picture used. She turned toward Yokudo. "Hey, what's your room number...? Wait... do they do gender-separated dorms here?" her thoughts caught up with the situation. "Does anyone else's ID look like trash?"

"Well in my opinion trash never looked more beautiful." He laughed trying to brighten her mood. Robin went and got his room number. "I'm not sure if the academy is co-ed but my room number is 243." He said grinning. "At least its not the bottom floor."

Yokudo turned to Kaiser and Robin. "My room number is 253 and I don't think it's gender based dorms." he said while looking at his id. "Well, how about we go unpack and head out for that ice cream?" he said with a smile.

Kaizer snorted and let out a small giggle. "That's sweet of you. I'm on the second floor, but my room is 227. Not sure how big the dorms are, either. I've barely seen any photos of this place. I'm just glad I got in!" She set down her Munchlax and squealed, spinning in a circle.

"Alrighty then, good that we're all on the same floor." Robin said walking to the dorms. "Just meet me in my room once your all done unpacking." He smiled. "Then we can go!". His mouth began to water at the thought of ice cream on such a hot day.

Kaizer followed suit, unlocking her room and stepping inside. Boy, was she glad she didn't have to share a room this year. She threw down her bags and flopped onto her bed, if only for a moment. It was hotter than blazes outside, so she untied the bandana around her neck and took off her sneakers, swapping them for sandals. Munchlax hopped onto the bed along with her, although it didn't get up again. Her Charjabug had headed straight for an outlet, so she was left with her Wingull. She exited her dorm excitedly, bouncing on her heels in anticipation.

Yokudo unpacked his stuff and sat on the bed. "Well, I finally made it." He said with a satisfied sigh. He then got up, took off his sweater and tied it around his waist. Once he made sure that he had his Pokemon with him, he headed for Robin's room.

Kaizer smiled when she saw Yokudo walking across the hall from her. "Hey, Yokudo!" She ran to catch up with him. "I'm so ready for ice cream... I haven't really eaten yet today. Have you ever had Malasada? I really want to try some, maybe I could do that while we're out." Her Wingull landed on her head and she reached up to give it a little pat.

Yokudo was walking in the halls when Kaiser greeted him. "Oh hey Kaiser." Then she asked him about malasada. "Um, I've heard of malasada but I've never tried some. I heard they're good for Pokemon, too. How about we go together and I buy some for us and our Pokemon." He said with a goofy grin.

"Sure! We can do that after ice cream though, right?" she smiled coyly and her Wingull let out a soft crow at the mention of a Malasada. "Also, shouldn't Robin and Hanzo come too? I can buy, y'know. I have some money." she joked.

Yokudo just smiled and patted her head. "Yes, we'll go after the ice cream and of course Robin and Hanzo can come. Oh, and obviously I can't let a girl pay for food other than ice cream. You gotta save some money, right?" He said jokingly and reassuringly.

Kaizer stuck out her tongue, feigning anger. Her Wingull rose itself off of her head so that Yokudo could pat her, and landed back once Yokudo's hand had retracted. "C'mon, Yoku," she figured that they were good enough friends for nicknames by now. "I'm not poor! That time in my life has long passed."

Yokudo only chuckled at her reaction. "I know, I was only kidding. Anyways, we should hurry up and get to Robin's room. Race ya there, Kayz." He said as he started running.

Kaizer, caught off guard, squawked and tripped over her own feet to catch up with him. "Would you wait?!" Her Wingull cooed excitedly and took flight off of her head, flying rapidly toward Robin's room and joining the race too. After only a few seconds of flying at top speed, Wingull began to tire out and slow down, falling behind both Yokudo and Kaizer.

Yokudo started looking back and saw that Kaiser was following close behind him. Once he look back ahead, he tripped and hit his head on the wall face first. "Ow...that's gonna leave a mark." He said, rubbing his face and head.

Kaizer gasped and slowed down, approaching Yokudo slowly. "Are you okay? That looked kinda painful." She held out her hand to him, offering to help him up. "Your forehead's turning red," she snickered, and her Wingull landed on top of Yokudo's back.

Yokudo grabbed Kaiser's hand to help himself up. "Yea I'll be fine. I think I hurt the wall more than it hurt me. Either that, or I got a concussion." He said, rubbing his head a bit more.