• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Pokemon: 356.17 Days

Milo then turned to Michael. "Like I said, we're on the same side." Said Milo. "We may not know if there will be a Team Fear attack in every part of the city, so we'd best be careful." "Although." Said Ralph. "You were challenged by that Charizard trainer by the time you reach the near end of a Pokemon battle. And he did said you will meet him there at the playground at night, right?" "You're right, Ralph." Said Milo. "Going out on nighttime patrols maybe our job, but we also have to do Pokemon battles anytime, anywhere at all. So any suggestions you guys?"

=Nightshade=

Previously Night's Shadow
We have to, do we? Makani thought sarcastically. Maybe she was a little jealous that Milo had been the one to be challenged and not her. Maybe. Just a tad. She shook it off; it was no time to be bitter. With a grin and a wave at the newcomers, she introduced herself and her Pokémon. “Hey, I’m Makani. This is Star, Shadow, Pixie, and Wing.” The four fairy-types gave sounds of greeting to the other three’s Pokémon, sniffing and snuffling around the newbies.

“As for suggestions, I’m just gonna...” Makani trailed off as she pulled a granola bar from her pocket and began eating. “I’m always hungry.” She grinned sheepishly and took another bite.

Michael sighed. "I was not implying we weren't on the same side." He was quiet but when the Milo mentioned his own challenge, Michael took a moment of thought before he piped up again, a suspicion of his driving him to make himself heard "But now that you mention the Charizard guy, his behavior seemed... Odd. Why would he challenge you only to run away, and have the contest set for later at a playground of all places? If he had challenged me I would have battled him there or not at all." Michael scowled at the last bit, clearly being irritated at the thought of some random punk presuming to set his schedule. "In any case, I say we find this Charizard guy. Not going to lie, I look forward to watching you crush him." He smiled grimly for a moment, so short those not watching closely would have missed it. Pyoog was more open, echoing his trainer's sentiment with a snort and thumping its powerful chest.

Milo only thought of Mankani's idea as third option for the last resort. "I think I got one suggestion." Said Ralph. "We keep on celebrating. Since their are no Team Fear grunts around, might as well take a stroll at day or night." Milo had plenty of time to hear what Michael had to say after he agreed with him about the Pokemon Battle for tonight. "I think you're right, Michael." Said Milo. "Who knows? Maybe my strongest Pokemon would pull the weights down on that Charizard. But it's only Charizard vs Greninja vs my Pokemon of my choice. I think I'll chose Lucario for tonight's Pokemon battle. What do you guys say about choosing Lucario as my Pokemon for tonight's battle?" "I'd say I'm rootin' for Lucario." Said Ralph. "Besides, he's your father's Pokemon. And you'd best take good care of it. Alright?" "Okay." Said Milo as he then turned his head to Mankani, Soran, Michael, Nick, Cooper, and Aby. "What about you six? You agree with me?"

Michael barely restrained himself from snorting, instead shaking his head. "I hope you're joking. Charizard is Fire/Flying and Lucario is Fighting/Steel. Lucario is a very poor choice in such a match. On top of that you've never battled alongside this newcomer before." He shrugged and his face softened to a relatively neutral look, before he continued "But I get the feeling you've already made up your mind. Be it on your head then." He stepped just inside to not obstruct the door and listened to what the others had to say.

Soran shrugged. “He’s kinda right, the type matchup isn’t great. But then again, fighting attacks should do well against Greninja, and Charizard beat the Greninja earlier even though it had a type disadvantage.”
Soran tried to decide who he would bring to that battle. None of his Pokémon would do particularly well against both a Charizard or a Greninja typewise, even if they were strong enough to fight those clearly well trained, Final stage Pokémon. Soran was glad he wouldn’t have to fight.

=Nightshade=

“Not only that, but you’ve also only just met the Lucario,” Makani added. “Maybe a Pokémon you’ve had more experience fighting with would be a better choice. Your decision, though, so do whatever. Knock yourselves out, I’ll be watching from the sidelines.” She cracked a grin as she took another bite out of her granola bar, gesturing to her team. “We’ll be cheering for you.”

Milo knew what what others said. But despite his disadvantage, Lucario was the only Pokemon that given to him from his father's gift. "Thanks you guys." Said Milo. "Don't worry about me though, it's not just about the advantage or the disadvantage, it's the will that takes me to new heights." "Cool confidence, Milo!" Said Ralph. "Somewhere, you're father's rootin' for ya."

Michael nodded to Soran and Mankani, a smile smile on his face, glad they saw sense, only to have his face return to the usual scowl as Milo completely ignored his advice as well as that of Mankani and Soran. This time he didn't even try to stop himself from snorting. "Why am I not surprised." He muttered to himself. He stepped out of the tent, sensing that the group was about to move out, and continued to mutter to himself, although even if they listened closely, the others could only catch snippets, most of which pertained to Lucario's random appearance, or how Michael would have no sympathy if Milo got stomped. Pyoog was silent, staying by his master's side.

Milo took thought of what Michael said then turned his head to Lucario. "Alright, Lucario." Said Milo. "It's time to bring back what my dad started on!" "Wait a sec, Milo." Said Ralph. "You'll need a training dummy in order to get your Pokemon to know his opponents." "You're right." Said Milo before realizing that Snivy, Magnemite, and Noivern introduced themselves to Lucario. As Ralph brought the training dummy to a nearby outdoor trash bin, Milo prepared his Lucario to do some serious damage. "Okay, Lucario." Said Milo. "Test out your moves while attacking this dummy." "Ready...?" Announced Ralph. As Ralph blew the whistle, Lucario used Bullet Punch as it's first move then used Aura Sphere to finish the training dummy off. Lucario's Aura Sphere move sent the training dummy flying straight into the air at the fastest speed. "Whoa." Said Milo. "Wicked..." Said Ralph.

Ren watched the dummy fly through the air, landing with a thud from the combination of the powerful attacks.

'That was epic,' he thought to himself. While staring in awe at the utterly trashed training dummy, he was interrupted by his Alakazam, Kazza.

'Hm. That was excellent, don't you think?' it said telepathically. Upon hearing the familiar voice, Ren was brought back to the present.

"Yeah, it was. Maybe we can do that sometime."

He stared at the dummy some more, before fumbling into his pocket and slipping out a Pokeball with an eye engraved on the front.

"Return, Kazza," he whispered as the human-like Pokemon quickly morphed into a red beam before ending up safe inside the red and white ball.

After tucking the ball safely away into the depths of his seemingly never ending pocket, he walked over to the familiar faces from Team Beat.

"Woah, guys, that was so cool!" he said with a lopsided smile.

Last edited:
"Thanks." Said Milo. "That came from my Pokemon, Lucario." He looked at Ren for a brief moment and said "Hello." in a kind tone. Ralph had not wasted anytime on greeting Ren. "Welcome to our HQ, bud." Said Ralph.

"Thanks!" he said enthusiastically. Ren examined the Lucario briefly, taking in it's body shape and expression, and shifted his eyes to the group.

"Guess I'll stick with you guys," he said, pausing for a while to look up at the roof. "Being cramped up in this place is really getting to me."

"It may be small." Said Ralph. "But it's home." "You're name is Ren, Right?" Asked Milo in a curious tone. Lucario looked at Ren in a curious way. "Are you also part of Team Beat?" Continued Milo.

"'Of course I am!" he said, looking back at Milo. "And yeah, my name is Ren."

He paused again briefly, as if remembering something, then he turned back to Milo.

"Pretty weird name, if you ask me," he added.

Last edited:
As the morning turns into midday, Milo looks above to see the sky and looks back while pulling out his Pokedex to check the time. "The time is 11:58." Said the Pokedex. "Alright team." Said Ralph "Any good places you want to go to?" "We can go to the movie theater alleyway." Said Milo. "Or the museum. Or maybe the arcade."

Last edited:

Blue_Flash4

Previously Blue_Flash4 de Lafayette
Nick walked outside the room and saw Ralph asking people where they wanted to go. He walked up to Milo and said, "Hold up, your Milo right? If you want to practice against a Charizard before fighting this guy later tonight I have one you can practice against." Nick then grabbed one of his pokeballs and his Shiny Charizard came out.

"That will do." Said Milo. "Lucario, your mentor will be this shiny Charizard. Okay Nick, Show us what you got!" Lucario had not wasted it's time focusing it's power to gain the strength. "We'll have a vote." Said Ralph despite Milo and Nick training Lucario to fight hard. "Place your votes for the movie theater alleyway, the museum, or the arcade."

When he heard the time, directly followed by asking where they should go, Soran perked up. As far as he was concerned, it was time for lunch. He hadn’t eaten anything since before dawn, except the sea salt ice cream, and he was ready for food. Before he could suggest this, though, a guy challenged Milo to train against his Shiny Charizard. While it sounded really fun to watch, his stomach seemed to think otherwise.
“Good luck training, Milo.”
He said as he turned to Ralph.
“I’m going to go grab some lunch, but I’ll probably meet up with you guys later.”

Michael saw he had been given three choices, and picked the fourth, ever present option. "No." He said with a tone that would tolerate no argument. "I'm a law enforcement officer. I have duties to attend to. If you desire to goof off do so, I'll be in the general area but I'm going to be on patrol, watching out for Team Fear." He waited to hear where the Team Beat members would go, so he could incorporate that into his plans. "I may have been ordered to assist them, but I don't have to goof off with them." He thought to himself, the notion of goofing off on the job making him grind his teeth briefly. After learning where they were headed, Michael turned to go his own way, Pokemon in tow.

=Nightshade=

“Lunch?” Makani’s granola bar was but a happy memory and an empty wrapper, and her stomach tumbled at the prospect of food. “Hey, wait up!” She trotted after Soran, giving a hurried wave back at the others. “I’ll be around, got some chow to catch!”

With that, she turned back around and chased after Soran. Her team trailed behind her at varying levels of speed, Star taking the time to place Shadow on her back. Another ravenous grumble from her midsection made Makani pick up the pace. I’m starving!

Ralph realized that Soran and Mankani were very hungry. "Here, have my lunch." Said Ralph. "You'll need it." He then turned his head to Michael. "As for you, Michael." Ralph said. "I understand you have orders to take care of. Let us know you want to hang out sometime." And he gave Michael a Silph.co walkie talkie so that they can communicate each other. As Ralph helped Soran and Mankani with their hunger problem while making a vote to where they should go to, Milo continued training Lucario with Nick and his shiny Charizard in combat.

Soran paused when he heard Makani calling for him to wait up. He paused and turned around, then stood still until she caught up. He smiled and shrugged. “I was thinking about going to Saphirre Saturday’s and getting a salad at their salad bar there. They have other options too if you’re in the mood for something else.” He thought for a minute, trying to remember where the nearest joint was.
“I think there’s one a block away from the next station. Not a long walk, but an even shorter ride. What do-“
He was interrupted by Ralph offering his lunch.
“Nah, thanks for the offer, but I really want to go get some salad. Like I said, we’ll catch up later.”

Michael took the walkie talkie and clipped it to his belt. He replied bluntly "I'm on duty. I won't 'hang out' on duty. I've got four hours left on my shift. When I am done, I'm going to go to the barracks to get some sleep." He was about to leave but stopped and made a final statement. "Call me if there's trouble, but if not, please leave me be. I'll be at your battle at midnight." He then walked away, stiff backed and imperious.

"Okay." Said Ralph. "See you at the playground!" And Ralph wave goodbye to Michael as he watched him leave their HQ. "A great ally, he is." Said Ralph. "Man our team his get along so well, I'm at a loss for words." Ralph then turned around to see their votes. But none have made their votes thus far. "I guess it's just you and me then." Said Ralph towards Milo. "Any suggestions?" "The way I see it, we might go to the museum at the Brazil Park." Said Milo. "Okay, that's one vote for the museum." Said Ralph. "Anything else?" "Brazil Park is said to the history and birthmark of how the first Pokemon came to life." Said Milo while training Lucario. "From there, we can take the bus to get us there." Milo even showed Ralph to coordinates to the museum. "Just go straight, take a right, take a left to merge on the highway ramp, go 6 miles per minute on the highway, head left to exit the highway ramp, take a right, *gasp* go 2 miles per minute, and your destination will be onto the right." Said Milo who was sweating after giving Ralph the coordinates to the museum and continued training Lucario. Ralph was shocked to hear what Milo just said, he dropped his jaw in a recoil to memorize what Milo was saying. [Milo is like a memory sword key that can cut through any lock he can beat and remember!] Thought Ralph and he fell backwards paralyzed by Milo's memory.

"I'm with you. Museums are fun," Ren said. As those words flew out of his mouth, a red beam flashed out from his pocket, revealing a pink Pokemon with a shellfish clamping onto it's tail.

"Slooooooowwww," it said with a dumbfounded expression. Ren stared at it, unfazed.

"Heh," he said, slightly embarrassed. "Slowbro loves museums..."

"Slooooow!" it babbled, it's emotionless eyes edging away from each other as if they were repulsive magnets.

"I guess that's two votes for the museum then..." Said Ralph who is still lying down on the floor. "Oh, that sounds nice." Added Milo as he looked at his Slowbro who was excited to go to the museum. "I guess Pokemon can also vote." Said Milo. "That sounds..nice..." Said Ralph despite being paralyzed. But what Ralph didn't realized was that someone else was already on the floor. "You. Have. Disturbed. The. Dirt!" Said a hoarse voice. Ralph looked at the side to see one of his first grunts. "Jock?" Said Ralph. "YOU HAVE DISTURBED THE DIRT!!!" Said Jock. "Dirt that represents our human history during the past centrie-" But Jock was shocked to see one of his dirt projects squashed. "*Gasp* WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?" Yelped Jock. "England must never merge with the Sinnoh region!" "What in sam hill are you!?" Said Milo. "You asked to many questions!" Snapped Jock. "Who are you?! Who sent you!? SPEAK UP!!! Oh, I will know soon enough." Jock grabbed Milo's hand to pick out a sample. "Hey! Let go of me!" Said Milo. "Do not be such a crybaby!" Said Jock. "Hold still!" Jock finally picked out a sample which was his hair. "There you are!" Said Jock. "Tell me your story old friend... Your crimson brain has a growing reproduction of trivial memories all at the same pace. You even have micro coding blocks all basic, repeat, and else blocks at the same time, you even have a memory bank inside one of you tissue cell that allows you to memorize anything and everything in your sight... These are all the microscopic Brain cells and Blood cells of the boy who's parents have died. But what's worse is that you are..." Jock licked a tiny drop of blood. "The. Son. Of. A. Team. Aqua. Grunt." Said Jock. "How did you-?" Said Milo before he was interrupted by Jock's rage. "This is an outrage!" Said Jock. "You must leave at once! Out! out! out! out! OUT!!!" Until he was stopped by another T.C.A.F member who is more friendlier to all people and Pokemon. "Uh oh. Sat on the dirt, did you?" Said the officer. "Jock, now what have I told about playing nice with other kids?" Before Jock could speak, he was interrupted by the officer who was holding a soap bar. "Get back. I got a soap bar, and I'm not afraid to use it. I'll let you have it!" Said the officer. Jock hissed in disgust. But the officer whipped him with a towel. "Back fowl creature! Back to pit from which you came!" Said the officer and looked behind six Team Beat grunts. "The name's Rex." Said the officer. "Fighting type professional." Milo then stopped training as Lucario followed Ralph back into the van before Milo could say anything. "I'm Milo." Said Milo. "This is Ralph, Cooper, Nick, Aby, and Ren." "I know you guys, you're the allies of Michael!" Said Rex. "Well, I'm just in time." Rex then pulled out a PokeBall and revealed Cinderace. "Cool!" Said Milo. "I know." Said Rex. "The boys told me that Scorbunny's pads on it's feet and nose represents good luck. I'm betting the Pokemon can burn down any Team Fear member within at least twelve seconds. So, tell where you're from." "I live here." Said Milo. "Really?" Said Rex. "Heard the weather is windy and sunny today. There's a chance you might fly a kite. Now let's talk about fishing. Have you been fishing?" "Well dad told me it's all about Team Aqua's way with water types." Said Milo. "What about you?" "Me? I hate fishing. Hate the smell, hate the skin, hate the bones, I hate everything about fishing." Said Rex before he pulled a picture of a professor. "Now, I want you to tell me what this is a picture of. It's just a survey." Milo took a quick look at the picture and began to tell Rex what the picture is. "That's the famous Professor Oak, standing beside three classic starter Pokemon, a Bulbasaur, a Charmander, and a Squirtle. Charmander evolves into a Charmeleon and then evolves into a Charizard. Bulbasaur evolves into an Ivysaur and then evolves into a Venusaur. And Squirtle evolves into a Wartortle and then evolves into a Blastoise." "Whoa. You got memory." Said Rex who was surprised at Milo. "I should add that to your records. You have the ability to memorize everything you see." Ralph fell down backwards to the floor again. "NOT AGAIN!!!" Screamed Ralph. Until the walkie talkie began to speak. "Rex, this is Mrs.Smith" Said the woman's voice. "Will you please report back to HQ?" "Sure thing, ma'am." Said Rex. "Over and out. Well, boys I got to go. Jock, you behave. And as for you Milo. You got a good memory. It was nice meeting you. Let's go Cinderace." Rex pulled out a grappling gun and grappled himself up to the top of the building before Milo waved goodbye to Rex. "Nice meeting you too!" Said Milo.

Last edited:
"Bye!" Ren called to Rex. He then turned over to Jock, where Slowbro had been examining him very closely, its head turned unnaturally towards him.

"Slooooooooooo...." it hissed, taking an apparent dislike to Jock. It's smile now turned into something no short of a grimace and its eyes were glaring straight into Jock's soul.

"Slowbro, you're scaring him," Ren sighed. He pointed a blue Pokeball, adorned with waves, at Slowbro, and seconds later the pink Pokemon was inside the ball.

"I'll let you out when we get to the museum." Ren then shifted his glance to Jock.

"Sorry about that," he said to Jock with another sigh. Inside the Dive Ball he was holding, Ren could feel Slowbro thrashing around like it was in some sort of fit. He could even hear a slight moan coming from inside the ball, which resulted in yet another sigh.

After Ralph left, Soran turned back to Makani.
"That was nice of him. So, shall we get going?"
He set off at an easy pace down the road. The route he was taking went past the nearest station so that if they decided to get a ride they could easily do so, but if they just walked they wouldn't really be off course. As they walked, Soran decided to make some small conversation.
"So, you come from Alola, right? What's it like there? I've seen pictures, and it looks really beautiful. Definitely prettier than here. So far the prettiest place I've visited is Galar's Wild area."

Ralph got back up again then went up to the stage. "Okay, now." Said Ralph. "Where were we?" "We were doing a vote on which place should we go to?" Said Milo. "Oh yeah, thanks." Said Ralph. "Okay, team. As you all should know, the museum was opened two years ago, and it comes with a wildlife, an aquarium, and the fossils." "Fossils?" Said Jock. "I vote for museum! So when do go there!?" "Calm down, Jock." Said Ralph. "We might be able to take the bus. Besides, we have our transport cards and we might be able to get there in no time. Almost like Mimikyu doing a shadow teleport from underneath your shadow. And Milo, don't scare me like that again." "Sorry about that." Said Milo. "I'm very knowledgeable about everything even in the past." "I thought we were supposed to dig!" Whispered Jock to Ralph. "Go away, Jock." Said Ralph. "So that's three votes then." Said Milo.

=Nightshade=

Makani nodded and matched Soran’s pace. “Alola? Oh, yeah, it’s really nice there. The weather’s almost always perfect, and the beaches have so many water-type Pokémon... lots of fairy-types too, which is how I met Pixie, Star, and Shadow. Of course, they hadn’t evolved yet... Wing hatched from an egg I was given when I was younger.” She smiled slightly at the memories of her partners. “What about you?”

Blue_Flash4

After Nick and Milo had finished training he told Milo, "Nice job, I think you should have a better chance of beating the Charizard trainer. Oh, also, yeah the Museum is fine with me." Aby also nodded agreeing with Nick. Cooper also said, "Yeah, I'd like to go to the museum as well."

"Six votes then." Said Ralph. "They love to the museum, do they?" "Yes they do." Said Milo. "So Milo, how did you remember the coordinates of the museum so well?" Asked Ralph to Milo. "The doctors checked my brain, and it turns out I know everything from what remember of even in the past." Said Milo. "Huh, I guess that's why our leader called you 'The key to the past'." Said Ralph.

"I've lived here my whole life, except when we took trips as a family, and you know what's it's like around here. But the trip to the Wild Area was really nice, and that was where I met her."
He looked behind him and nodded in the direction of the ghostly sword who was floating along just to the rear. She knew she was being talked about, but didn't react to it. She just continued to float along behind. Soran returned to his topic.
"There are rolling hills and beautiful lakes, and so many kinds of Pokemon everywhere. And in some parts they have huge rocks and deserts, and even snow in some places. It's so pretty... I'd really like to go back there sometime."
He slowed down as they approached the station.
"Wanna get a ride over there? It'll be faster, and any food besides their salad bar tends to take a while to prepare. The salad bar is instant, though, you just have to let your waiter or waitress know you're going to get it."

Blue_Flash4

"When are we going to go to the museum, Ralph?" Cooper asked. Meanwhile, Nick put his shiny Charizard back into it's Pokeball and walked away from the area they were training. He walked away from the group and sent out his Poliwrath and Blastoise and started training them.

"We're going when everyone in our team has decided." Said Ralph. "Knowing that Milo has got the location in his brain, he can remember every building in the city. I got to tell you guys. He is a library!" "I appreciate the vote of confidence, Ralph." Said Milo. "Don't worry, once we get there, we'll be there." Milo patted Lucario's head.

=Nightshade=

“Yeah, sure,” Makani agreed. “I wouldn’t mind a salad myself, nothing like some health food to lift your spirits.” She glanced around, then kicked a pebble with a sheepish grin. “Um, so, which way is it again? I’m not all that familiar with this part of town.”

“We’ll get on the train over to the next stop, and it’s just a block away from there. Walkable, but I’m hungry.”
He led the way into the station. After a minute or so of waiting, a train going in the proper direction pulled in and they were able to board. At the next stop Soran hopped off and beaconed for her to follow him. Then he walked out of the station and turned right, then walked for a block. Then he stopped in front of a building with a big blue neon lettered sign, which read: ‘Sapphire Saturday’s’.
“Here we are.”
Soran opened the door and held it so Makani could step inside.
“Ladies first.”
Once inside, there was a stand where a woman stood ready to seat customers, there was a bar and some tables off to the right, down the middle was a open area with the salad bar and a door to the kitchen and another to the bathrooms, and to the left was more seating.

Cáscara Olas

Previously IExistToo
Dien walked through the city his Pokémon in tow. Vulpix was in front with Stufful a bit behind her. Lombre looked bored and was in the middle and Barboach sat on its head which had been filled with water to allow Barboach to sit. Dien and his Pokémon weren't going anywhere in particular, they were looked for some house were they might find some food in a dumpster or something like that.
"Pix, vulpix!" Vulpix cried as it caught up to Dien.
"I know your hungry Vulpix but we have to keep going. We ate the last of our food this morning." Dien replied. Although he couldn't understand the language of Pokémon he could tell Vulpix was hungry. Dien stopped and slipped his bag off of his back. He reached inside and brought out a pokéball.
"Would you rather go into your pokéball to rest?" Vulpix turned her head in disgust, all of Dien Pokémon preferred to be outside then in their pokéballs.

Dien put the pokéball away and got up to start walking again but he noticed a few kids around his age walk into a store. It was too risky for Dien to go into stores on his own. If he was caught stealing he'd go to jail and how knows what would happen then, but if he slipped in with the crowd of kids he could pretend he was with them and maybe be able to steal some food for his Pokémon.
"Wait here." He told his Pokémon. Then he crossed the street and entered the store.