• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Pokecharms Dissidia is likely going bye bye

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
It's been discussed by various people involved in the Dissidia project that it should be removed. Even I can tell that the project is rather dead and half the topics went nowhere, but I wanted to share the news and get a wider feel for opinions before officially removing anything. I'd personally rather see it gone to make way for new RP ideas, like Chad/Sem's latest (potential) project.

Note that all topics involved in the project will be locked and moved to the General RP board, so you won't be losing your writing. That said, the project itself will be officially finished.

Thoughts?

As I said in the discussion board for the potential new Fairy Tail project (which you should all go and get involved in right now D:<) I've noticed that everything is dead everywhere. Dissidia was an amazing idea and I would love to see it come back, but it's obviously not going anywhere anymore. I think that it would be wise to scrap the sub-board and make way for new things (and not just because I have an idea that could potentially be the new thing, I'd feel this way regardless).

Keeping the threads locked and moved is a good move, too, it means everyone still has that writing to refer back to and all that good stuff. So I say that instead of letting it gather dust, we just move on to the next thing, whatever that may be.

Personally, I'd like to see Dissidia continue, but you can only kick the dying horse so much. If people aren't going to keep it going, then why let it rot? Might as well close it up now, if people want to try again on a later date, when the next Dissidia comes out or something, then we can try again.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Brendan Savem said:
Might as well close it up now, if people want to try again on a later date, when the next Dissidia comes out or something, then we can try again.

I agree with this.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I loved the RP so much, and it was fun while it lasted for the two or three weeks it actually was alive.

But yeah, I agree with Brendan. If we want to restart Dissidia, we always can.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Righto. Going by the previous off-forum comments and all of these here, it's pretty unanimous that people liked this project but don't see it going anywhere from here. I'll see to moving the threads out and removing the sub-board.

Thanks for the comments guys. :)

Edit: Done. Topics moved, board deleted.