• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Please Rate team Shaymin

Ok an unushall name for a team but here is team shaymin

Gengar
dpmba094.png

timid
item-=life orb
eves- 252 speed/sp attack
Move set
shadow ball
thunder bolt
focus blast
hypnosis

special attacker of the team and anti rappid spiner pokemon.

Shaymin -duh
dpmba492.png

modest
item -choice specs
eves- 252 sp attack/speed
Move set
hp fire
seed flare
psychic
rest

such a cute little hedgehog I just wanted to make a team with him in it ^^.

heatran
dpmba485.png

modest
item- choice scarf
eves 252speed/special attack
Move Set
hp ice
earth power
explosin
flame thrower

When shaymin is threatened by infernape out comes heatran to bring him down with supprsiing effectiveneess

milotic
dpfbsa350.png

bold
item-leaftovers
evs 148 HP / 228 Def / 132 SpA
Move set
ice beam
surf
recover
hypnosis

electivire
dpmba466.png

mixvire
nature-mild
item-life orb
eves 76 Atk / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
hp ice
flame thrower
thunderbolt
cross chop

a physical attacker for the team. - this pokemon is being changed for a mix attacking version soon.

fortress
dpmba205.png

relaxed
item- leaftovers
eves- 252 hp/ defence +6 attack
Move set
toxic spikes
explosion
rappid spin
zap cannon

No sereiously zap cannon is innacurate but its usefullness to fortress is amazing when it hits.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Electivire@Muscle Band
ThunderPunch
Ice Punch
Earthquake
Cross Chop/Brick Break/Dynamicpunch

You say you like Zap Cannon, so I threw Dynamicpunch in as a possiblity, this Electivire can hit every pokemon for at least neutral damage, and a good chunk of them for Super-effective damage.

Well, just so you know, you can't really battle with Shaymin or Heatranbecause it is on the banned list: http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/smf/index.php?topic=1989.0

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Well, just so you know, you can't really battle with Shaymin or Heatranbecause it is on the banned list: http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/smf/index.php?topic=1989.0

That topic also states that you don't have to battle with those rules - you may battle with your own rules so long as you state those rules in your topic beforehand. Also, neither Shaymin or Heatran are considered ubers, so you will usually be allowed to battle with them.

Speaking of Shaymin, I think having a defensive Aromatherapy-style set will work very well for you:

Shaymin @ Leftovers
Calm/Bold
Natural Cure

- Energy Ball
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis
- Aromatherapy

With Aromatherapy, any status effects on your whole team will be healed with just one use, which will definitely help support your sweepers in the event that they get paralyzed. Leech Seed is good to play mind games with, since it can force switches and recover health too. Synthesis for healing, although watch out for Sand Storm and Energy Ball for STAB.

Ruko's Physical Electivire moveset is the same as mine (even down to the Muscle Band item) if that's any indication of the moveset's effectiveness (it's awesome, trust me). For the Mixed Electivire you suggested, try this:

Electivire @ Life Orb
Naive/Rash
Motor Drive

- Thunderbolt
- Psychic/Flamethrower
- Ice Punch
- Cross Chop/DynamicPunch

Basically, the idea with this is to be able to take out the majority of the Overused Pokemon, and this will work even better if you are able to switch into an Electric attack to boost your speed. For taking out overused Physical walls, Thunderbolt will wipe out Skarmory and Slowbro as well as put a decent dent in Suicune, Psychic will put Weezing away and Flamethrower will put off Bronzong, Forretress and Steelix should the big metal snake show up (Skarmory's toast as well). Ice Punch is for them pesky dragons (Dragonite, Salamence and Garchomp) and Cross Chop/DynamicPunch is for Snorlax, Blissey, Umbreon and Regice. I didn't include Brick Break here since it probably won't kill either Snorlax or Blissey in one hit, and it won't really bother Regice or Umbreon at all.

You have a very good team there - I especially like the Zap Cannon Forretress, because that would definitely take a lot of people by surprise.

For Milotic:

Milotic@Leftovers
Bold(just because that is the nature it already has)
Rain Dance
Hydro Pump
Hypnosis
Ice Beam

Rain Dance to up the power of Hydro Pump.
Hydro Pump for STAB.
Hypnosis to mess with your opponent.
Ice Beam to cover grass types.

NOTE:First pokemon moveset ever made by me!

Surf is a better option over Hydro Pump. Rain Dance isn't great unless your team is around Rain because of the threat of Thunder. Recover is a much better option to take hits (Which Milotic can do nicely).