• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Phobias.

I Have Helmintophobia. Which is basicaly the fear of being surrounded by worms. I don't know what caused this but recently it has started to go away.

My youngest brother has a very long winded fear. Which many think isn't real but it is, and it is very Ironic
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia (It's real, look it up)
Which Ironicly is the fear of long words. Also We haven't taken him to Mary Poppins yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm afraid of...

Heights: Mostly falling from heights and bridges. Brigdes because they go over high places or water and those things equal death :(
Clowns: I don't know why I'm afraid of clowns, but I've always been afraid of clowns since before I saw one. You never know what could be under those cheesy painted lips, ten pounds of white powder and paint, and all their multi-colored make-up!
Darkness: Not actually the darkness but what could be in the darkness that you can't see.
Open Closets at Night: One time my brother brought home this book full of scary stories from the school library. Then later that night my mom read the book to us and in this one story there was this ghost pirate that can be anywhere. At the nd of the story the person looked in te closet and then the ghost pirate came from behind her and killed her.
Open Water: I'm afraid of open water because you never know what's righ near you or around you that could attack and kill you. I'm fine with enclosed water like pools and whatnot, but not lakes, rivers, ponds, oceans, or things like them.
Turtles: I'm afraid of turtles because they make you pick them up with their beady eyes and pretty shells, but then they give you salmonella and other diseases and make you go bye-bye.
Fully Open Doors at NightMe being afraid of this is because of my mom. When I was 2 she told me never to leave my door open when I went to bed because then a psycho would break into the house and kill me.
Vacuums:I'm just afraid of being sucked in because when I was 2 my mom used to almost run over my feet with the vacuum and say that whenver it's plugged in it will stalk me down and suck me into it.

There's more, but that's all I can think of.

As a child, I used to be deathly afraid of blood. Particularly losing a large amount. I still get "triggered" sometimes, such as the time when I had to take a vaccine and blood drizzled down my arm when the doctor took the shot. Surprisingly however, I prefer blood tests over shots. (Also, I constantly get bit my mosquitoes. Ever since I first visited Vietnam at age 2, I've always been bitten by those jerks.)

However, my number one fear has always been being abandoned or left alone to die. No matter how antisocial I may seem in public, I'm excessively clingy to other people. I remember in the past when I'm left alone in the house, even for less than an hour, I would do nothing but sit and hug my knees. There would be times when I would sing to relieve my loneliness, and there were other times I'd be completely silent. Although I do enjoy the occasional solitude, I'm kind of like a dog wondering when its owner would come back home.

On a less than serious side, it's not like the food in the fridge would last forever :V

A

Anonymous

Theese are my fears:
Speeding objects (such as kick balls, dodge balls ,or any kind of sports projectile ) speeding towards my face.
Spiders of other venomous animals such as snakes ,scopians ,etc.
Jason Vorhess ,Freddy Kruger ,Michel Myers ,and the monster that Dr.Frankenstein created.
If anything happened to my lv.100 Salamence.
Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia. (It is ironicly the fear of long words but I only seem to encounter it when I'm reading out loud in class.)
If I might hit someone in the head with mt Trombone slide.
If I drop my Trombone and majorly damage it beyond repair.
If I were to look like a fool in front on my crush.

Dogs. Why? Visited my uncle when I was three for Christmas. Stayed about a week. 6 days of that was this small yappy dog terrorizing me-- barking, chasing me around, whole nine yards. Day 7 was biting me. Didn't maul me or anything, but I'm such a delicate flower~ that terror and a little pain was enough. Lasting effects: bit more than a decade to be able to handle familiar dogs without abject terror. Will still nearly pee myself in fright if an unfamiliar dog 1. is yappy and anywhere near me or 2. does all the things other, wiser creatures interpret as "play! play! play with me!!" (Yes, I'm sure your great big enthusiastic Golden Retriever is a total sweetie and just wants to say hi. Logic has no place in this.)

I could probably write out a whole grocery list of other phobias, fears, and severe dislikes, but I'll toss out "parasites" and "sharp, cutting edges" (think knives, razors, etc) as the more interesting ones.

Amusingly, having now given all my phobias some thought at once... seems like a lot of them boil down to some violation of my sense of control, or self. Me, a control freak? Nawwwww.

-Fucking needles.(I faint everytime a needle enters my skin)

-Falling from great heights.(I love heights. I wanna go skydiving to put this fear in the grave)

-My friend fears sharp objects. So I toss sissors around her and play with my knife. Makes me laugh.

-Scared of driving. Strange or ordinary? Riding motorcycles, no problem whatsoever. Ride a cycle over the Grand Canyon with ease! But, so many carwreaks in my childhood left a honking mark.

Well considering phobias....*thinks a few years back*
I was riding on a plane on April Fools,the flight attendant said we were going to crash, a few seconds later she siad it was an april fools joke. so now i'm afraid of heights.
Also I have a phobia of centipedes,the things are scary.

One of my horrible phobias is the fear of hights. I can barely handle being on a balcony. It seems to be getting worse. I think it may be because once when I was around the age of 4, I went on a water slide, really high up, fell of my tube thing and hit the bottom of the pool. I couldn't swim, I was really terrified. I also have horrible fear of vomit. That's getting better though. That may be because the first time I vomited anything rather than milk, I vomited everywhere, in every bed.
And finally, needles. I sob uncontrolable every time I have to get one, then I get dizzy.

Fear of falling from heights; needles, and well, dogs. (Don't wanna be but here's the story.)
In second grade, I go the the bus-stop a block away like I usually do. There's this creepy old man, and the second
we make eye contact, he removes the leash from his dog and it comes RUNNING fast after me, extending its long, sharp fangs.(Definitely a meat-eater) my mother had to come out and call the Police. >_< He vanished away when the police got there and I think my dad drove me.

A

Anonymous

Dolls, if youre a diehard sonic fan, you know about the tailsdoll. Ever sience i herd about the curse, i've been terified of dolls. My family even says i sleepwalked and talked about it once. It gives me the shivres every time i play a sonic game now.

I'm also afraid of being raped, but that must be a common fear.

I am petrified of Ronald McDonald, I am not kidding you, ever since I was little I was afraid of him and now I am just plain freaked out I mean a pale face clown who has many play grounds where he and a bunch of kids play away from any sensible adults, while he and his friends (Grimace, Hamburglar, and the Fry guys/ french fry goblins) are free alone with them.

In a serious matter he does freak me out, and its not because he is a clown I love clowns.
----

I fear needles allot, and failure just the same. I fear heights has well and bees, wasp, hornets.

And just a thing I wanted to get out there. Saying "ts okay you have nothing to fear, its all in your head" does not help what so ever I just hate when people do that.

A

Anonymous

wasps and spiders everyone is scared of spiders for some reason I also hate things that move fast like the small lizards in egypt ive seen fast but they were something else...

I wasn't really very scared of anything when I was younger. Until I was stung by a wasp. Now I can't even stay in a room with one - because those stings really hurt xP

I'll admit that I'm very stubborn in admitting my fear of heights, but only if I'm on something unstable, I really wish to sky dive and bungee jump, learn to dive off cliffs into water, etc. But unstable structures have me by the balls.

Another fear I have is turbulence while flying, I am okay when it comes to taking off and landing, but turbulence is another thing that is unforgiving. I don't have much fear of anything else, I used to be very afraid of ghosts but taking my recent chain of events throughout my life, I'm not afraid anymore, I'll be first to walk right on in a haunted building or by a cemetary if not through it. I'm not going to be disrespectful to those dead by walking all cocky or across their graves.

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to have a fear of dogs. I always thought that it would bite me or something. Eventually, when I was at my friends house, they had a dog, and my friends Mum taught me how to not be afraid of dogs. I was partly scared of dogs because when I was 7, I was on holiday in Spain. A dog came up to me, lifted me up by the groin with his nose and threw me against solid ground. I cried. At least my balls were okay...

At the moment, I do have a fear of ghosts, the dark and Micheal Jackson. (If I saw the Ghost of Micheal Jackson in my bedroom at night and I was all alone=Ultimate nightmare.)

I have a rather ridiculous fear of insects and spiders--entomaphobia and arachnophobia, respectively.

I wrote a short story for a contest last year entitled "Coulrophobia" that was sent to state. :p

If you'd like to read it, it can be viewed here.

lol, looking over that post it seems very self-advertising. I didn't mean it that way, honest.

... now, looking at my first post it seems incomplete. :X

I realise I forgot to mention my insane fear of bridges? I haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaate bridges. Hatey hate hate hate McHaterson. :c
Like in uh ... thatplacenearPerth, there was this really long bridge with, should I mention, A REALLY LONG WAY DOWN :| - I said to my mother (only my mother was with me at the time; me, my mother, my brother, and my aunt and uncle - this was a few months ago, I think) that I was a bit weary of it, but she said it'd be fine.

... oh lord it was not :C

It was alright at first, but then it started to sway. And I mean sway - not just a gentle one that was hardly noticeable, but a more "OH MY GOD IT'S GOING TO COLLAPSE AHHHHHRRGHKBJNEMWMLSjnrwmdcl" one. My brother was walking beside me. He said, "Elise, you're starting to look pale. Are you okay ... ?" (this was just a few steps into the bridge). I told him that I wasn't enjoying the swaying and he said it'd be okay, and I should take his hand just in case. I did so, even though it now seems rather babyish |D He then suggested that maybe it'd be better if we walked in unison with each other and with the swaying of the bridge, as it might make it easier.

"... DAMN THIS ISN'T HELPING IT'S JUST MAKING IT WORSE D:"

... was what he said a few steps in. xD Neither of us were enjoying this experience - when we got to the end I almost fainted I was so relieeeveeed. |D Plus, there was this ice cream shop at the end so that made me happy c:

I'm also pretty damn scared of boats. :x

I am scared of wasps and working in Greece didn't help because the temperature was just about right for wasps. ALOT OF THEM! I was sat on a sunbed sleeping for three hours and that sneeky wasp was on my leg the whole time. When I woke up I felt something on my leg and when I sat up it stung me! :( Another fear is being pushed into a swimming pool. Although it was kinda made obvios that that was going to happen alot when I got my job. But still im constantly on the lookout for people who look like their going to push me and ive also lost about 4 or 5 phones because they happened to be in my pocket when I was pushed! :(
Lesson 1: Always leave my phone behind my desk when i'm near the pool
Lesson 2: Never freak out near a wasp (okay so maybe that was a given)

In my opinion, I'm a very special case.

Because my fear is in danger. I fear any kind of thing that could cause permanent harm to my body. But at the same time, I pass months without feeling any fear. This is because I'm only striked by my fear when it really get's a chance of happening (The only time that something like this happened was when I nearly drowned) or when I'm thinking in that happening to me (in this case I become seriously paranoid, but the fear will vanish the moment I get's distracted with something else).