• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Perfecting My Dream Team

Now, don't get confused with my last forum. This one is specifically for my dream team, and what is best for it. I know where to get the pokemon, I just want them to be maxed, y'know? Anyways, here's the team:

Blissey
Tyranitar or Salamence (tell me which is better)
Flygon
Rampardos
Metagross
Arcanine

Tell me how I can perfect this team, if there's anything wrong with it, and extra tidbits, just like last time. I want to use this team for online battle.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
To begin with, your overall team layout is pretty good - no tremendous weaknesses present throughout. However, one thing I generally prefer to do in the Clinic is ask people posting for advice to post their own moveset ideas - that way, it gives me a better idea of what you want, and also lets me see what exactly you need to know to improve.

So, without further ado...show me your moves. :p

Nice brawl reference there. Anyways, I want moves that can do one of the following things:

A: Heal my pokemon.
B: Do a good amount of damage.
or C: Give the opponent a status condition.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
You misunderstand, I want you to show me your exact moveset ideas for each individual Pokemon. I can't really advise you if I don't know exactly what you're aiming to get out of each team member.

You cant expect to come here without doing any work and asking us to make your team better.
Even if I gave you the EVs and the movesets of the Pokemon, you most likely wouldnt even understand how to use them right.

You should read the Competetive Stickys in this Forum, they help a lot.
Read those, adjust your team, try a bit and then post again.

I dont have any problems rating a team, but slapping a team together and just asking us to do the work isnt really fine.

Also your team is lacking a good water resist. Salamence is an option, but also isnt, because most water pokermen carry ice type attacks.
Blissey could try to wall some, but physical Water types laugh at it~

That pokedex doesnt show Breeding moves does it D:?
Or Gen3 Tutor only moves that you cant get in gen4 games.
I would normally recommend this Pokedex, but its just not complete enough ;<

Blissey: Softboiled, Egg Bomb, Sing, Thunder
Tyranitar: Dragon Claw, Blizzard, Iron Tail, Toxic
Salamence: Rage, Crunch, Stone Edge, Fire Blast
Flygon: Draco Meteor, Earth Power, Thunderpunch, Earthquake
Rampardos: Thunderbolt, Dig, Firepunch, Take Down
Metagross: Hammer Arm, Meteor Mash, Psychic
Arcanine: Heat Wave, Extremespeed, Iron Head, Body Slam

Well, those are the moves I found to be likable. Which is better: Tyranitar or Salamence? Also, just so you know, I have a Miltank and a Charizard on my Pokemon Platinum game. I moved it there before I deleted my save data to start a new adventure with no legendaries. I'll give you their moves if you want.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
OK...I won't go into much detail here since you still don't seem to have the basics down pat just yet. As such, I'd take a look through here Zoroark:

http://www.pokecharms.com/forums/http:/ ... ic.php?t=0

Getting your movesets to fit the basics shown in this thread is the best advice I can give at this point. One thing I should point out though: make sure your moves suit your stats. Blissey's Attack is terrible, so Egg Bomb is an absolute waste of a moveslot. Rampardos likewise gains absolutely nothing from Thunderbolt with his horrible Sp.Attack. Take that in mind and read that topic, so you can fix some of the more glaring issues with your movesets.

Sorry. I just pretty much looked at moves I thought were strong and added them. I didn't think about the stats at all. What would you recommend I replace the ill-placed moves with? I'm still a novice, and I'd probably mess up a revision.

Zoroark said:
Sorry. I just pretty much looked at moves I thought were strong and added them. I didn't think about the stats at all. What would you recommend I replace the ill-placed moves with? I'm still a novice, and I'd probably mess up a revision.
Well the ones that Ganon pointed out are from bad stats so take moves that compliment the stats your pokemon has. For example, Blissey has terrible attack but has decent special attack and defenses/HP. Most people build Blisseys with a defensive role in mind, either to just block and slowly KO opponents or as a "medic"to mend their own team.

What I would suggest is taking a good look at your pokemon's stats and deciding from that what role they should have in your team.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Something that I just wanted to point out with your team is the over-abundance of Physical Sweepers that you've listed (a few of them can run pretty good mixed sets, but they are more Physical based Pokemon). You may want to think about adding a Special Pokemon or two in place of somebody (I see that you listed Charizard, and they can be a nice Special Sweeper, so that's a thought) so that you won't be stalled like mad by a Physical Wall.

Also, a handful of the Pokemon that you listed can be used to do slightly similar things as well as carrying similar weaknesses, so you'll want to think about coverage in Pokemon and movesets.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Zoroark said:

I'm not going to spoon-feed you the basics when they're all in the link I posted for you - read that thread, and you should be able to suss out at least 75% of the current issues in your movesets.