• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Pokemon For USUM

The reveal of the new UB Burst and UB Assembly is a real break from tradition. Usually we don't get any new Pokemon (that aren't alternative forms) for the sequel game. Which raises the question: Do you think that there will be more new Pokemon revealed for USUM, or will it just be the new UBs?

Personally, while I'd love some new Pokemon, I'm pretty doubtful. The UBs feel as if they're added in for the sake of whatever story changes have been made, and I'm just not sure that GameFreak will add in anything else that isn't story relevant (although the announcement of having a 400 Pokemon dex makes me hopeful). If they do however, I'd really like to see some more regional variants, particular one's that aren't based off Kanto Pokemon. I feel like these would be the most likely to be included, as they (presumably) take less time to create that completely new Pokemon. But what do you think?

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I'd personally like to see more regional variants as well. I doubt they'll give new variations to Pokemon already in the Alola Dex like Absol or the Chinchou line but by adding 100 Pokemon to the Dex it's the perfect opportunity to include some extra diversity to the Pokemon world. While we know the new additions shown in the trailer won't get new forms (unless they give us an Alolan Zoroark) there are still plenty we don't know. We'll probably also get one or two more UBs, but I don't think we'll get any brand new Pokemon until Gen 8.

I'm pretty excited to see if all the ultra beasts have been replaced in this game with alternatives, I wasn't a big fan of them in sun and moon, and the whole looker quest was just painful and dull. I'll be happy to see a completely different roster, as long as they stay absolutely ridiculous, which seems a fair bet right now =)

I'm really glad to see the pokedex increased to 400, even if i'm doubtful we'll see more than half a dozen extra alola forms. Saying that, larvesta appearing in the last trailer makes me dream of alolan volcarona... I'm really split on what I'm expecting for this game, and naturally we know that nintendo will be throwing us some red herrings in their trailers, goddamn i refuse to believe alolan zoroark will be a thing until it's revealed, only as that's such a goddamn tease, I'm all for any non kanto pokemon to get alola forms, or even the possibility of another split evolution line where an alola form is at certain times of day (get out of my head zoroark! you won't get day/night forms! I refuse to speculate... it could be so pretty, dammit!) Shame we have no confirmation of snorunt, i'd love a tropical frosslass =)

i dunno, it's a whole other dimension, we could see some of the missed opportunities fulfilled, like butterfree =)
*becomes a chair* I can dream harold!

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Unlikely but possible is the best answer to give really.

I don't think it really needs any more new stuff considering how loaded the 'Dex already is, and they know that considering they're now making different variants of existing Pokemon as a means of adding new content without making the 'Dex number any higher. Anything can happen though so, time will tell.