• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

New Generation Or Not?

Do you think there's going to be another generation?

• Yes

Votes: 30 93.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 6.3%

• Total voters
I think there'll be a new one, but not until the next generation handheld comes out. And I don't mean the smaller DS without the GBA slot or the Gold and Silver remake.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
GameFreak Board Meeting:

Satoshi Tajiri: "I'm bored of making lots and lots of money, let's stop making new games with new characters in them that we can stick on merchandise and make lots more boring money out of - and while we're at it, let's dump that cartoon that makes us lots and lots of more boring money and those movies that make even more boring money. Ok?"

Yeah, I can totally and utterly see where people could come from on the "no more Pokemon" front.

Definitely yes. And is it just me or does Sinnoh look like the northern half of a landmass like Kanto is on the eastern half of the Johto-Kanto landmass? Maybe that will be the next region of the new generation.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Just because WE think the 4th gen Pokemon look "strange" doesn't mean the creators have to do anything different when designing the next generation. The game sales have done nothing but increase this generation, regardless of what the new Pokemon look like. Whenever the 5th generation finally is released, we'll just have to deal with those new Pokemon as we have these ones.

In other words... I see no reason to doubt that they'll make a 5th generation (and then some).

I once read an interview with the monster designer for Pokemon. He said that he designs new Pokemon so that, at first, they don't look like Pokemon, but the more you look at them, the more Pokemon-like they seem.

I remember that. ^^

Anyways, I have no doubt that a new generation will come out. Pokemon is so successful, only a pure idiot would cancel production (so let's hope Bush doesn't get in-charge). If it was confirmed no new generations were coming, they would loose many windows to new fans, and lose old ones. Pokemon is the SECOND BEST-SELLING game for Nintendo, only behind Mario, so there's no way the generations are stopping here.

I know I sound like a negative Nelly but I can't see it. If they did it would really-really-really be for the money, as their ideas are petering out! i mean Cresellia was just silly! I'd love there to be a new G/S remake etc. Mybe a new form of wii 3D version, but yikes, a new set of 'em?
:]

I'd like to see a Wii version of the actual games. Just to see more detail into the designs and bigger regions but yes, I think there will be another generation. Because five generations sounds much cooler than four.

It's difficult to say. I personally don't know Takiri's basis for creating new Pokemon. It could be that he wants to add more monsters that remind him of his childhood, was forced into coming up with lame excuses for Pokemon, or perhaps it is by the request of the fans that they'd like to see this Pokemon do that or this Pokemon evolve from that one.

Definitely yes. And is it just me or does Sinnoh look like the northern half of a landmass like Kanto is on the eastern half of the Johto-Kanto landmass? Maybe that will be the next region of the new generation.

Sinnoh is based on Hokkaido, which takes up the northern part of Japan. Basically Sinnoh, Kanto, Johto and Hoenn seem to be an alternate Japan in an alternate Pokemon-filled universe.

I reckon they will continue making them till people stop buying them. Its blaitent that they are milking it. They ARE good games, but its the same flipping story line over and over again. "Stop the bad guy! Save the world! Beat E4!" and of course "Gotta catch em all". I like the pokemon games but come on. It gets boring after a while...

Warning: May contain Spoiers. ;D

There's going to be AT LEAST 1 more generation of Pokemon- Ash dosen't get all his Badges by the time the season ends! 8)

Ash could very well traverse Sinnoh without ever encountering a new Pokemon from Gen 5, its just a way for Nintendo to get everyone hyped about the new generation by inserting a new Pokemon into one of those Pokemon of the Day-type episodes (like they did with Kecleon and Wynaut in Johto, and Munchlax and Mime Jr. in Battle Frontier to name a few.)