• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Need some move set help

Ok im in need of help for some good move sets for nearly all the pokemon i use because i am the kind of person who stupidly puts Hm's on the good pokemon.

Pokemon:
Rayquaza(lvl72, Gentle)
Swampert(lvl62, Careful)
Lucraio(lvl27, Jolly) I'm going to train this one.
Dialga(lvl60, Lonely)
Empoleon(lvl66, Mild)
Blissey(lvl30, Naughty)

Once i have got move sets for these i will add another 6 i need help with.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
First, how many of those are you willing to start over with?
and second... you do know that Rayquaza and Dialga are ubers, and you won't be able to use them if you intend to battle here [without specifying new rules] with that team.

Swampert

Avalanche
Earthquake
Waterfall
Hammer Arm/Rock Slide/Stone Edge/Stealth Rock

Avalanche offers coverage, and a nice power too, just know that it makes you move last, if you wouldn't have already
Earthquake is for STAB
Waterfall is the only decent physical Water attack in the game, and is also there for STAB
the last slot is somewhat of a filler slot, Hammer Arm makes for a powerful attack, and lowers a stat that was mostly useless anyway.
Rock Slide/Stone edge, if you want a Rock attack. just decide whether you prefer power or accuracy.
Stealth Rock is just a nice annoyance on your opponent, if Swampert is your leadoff pokemon.

Empoleon

Surf/Hydro Pump
Flash Cannon
Ice Beam
Drill Peck

Surf/Hydro Pump is again, Power vs Accuracy. and STAB too in this case
Flash Cannon is for STAB, and is really the only special Steel attack out there.
Ice Beam offers some coverage
Drill Peck gets you around Special Walls, and is also there because I didn't see any other attacks to fill the gap... Grass knot might could, I didn't give much thought to it thought ;p

Blissey, more than the rest, needs to be redone.... that nature is only a burden on it and I don't really know of one that could be worse. that's all of the moveset advice I've got for now..

I am willing to breed any (that can be) to get a good natue for each and im willing to replace every skill if there nature is good.

And the ubers wont be used for wifi battles i havnt even gotten to EV training any pokemon since i dont know what that means. I just want to make shore they all are good for when i battle friends and my cuz.

Ok for blissey what nature is good for it??

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I just want to make shore they
that word right there is spelled "sure"
I've seen you spell it like that three times, so I just wanted to let you know ;p

Blissey

Counter/Refresh/Aromatherapy
Softboiled
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt

A good Blissey Nature would be Bold. it lowers attack and raises Defense. Electric combined with Ice offers nearly perfect coverage on every pokemon in the game. You can swap Thunderbolt for Charge Beam as well, if you don't mind the slight loss of accuracy and power (power is soon made up for).
Counter is just incredible, because anyone who knows about Blissey's stats knows that physical attacks are the only effective way to kill one; Blissey also has massive HP powering it up further.
Using counter instead of Refresh/Aromatherapy leaves you open to Toxic in particular, but other status as well.
Softboiled is just a give in...

I fail with Lucario totally... so I'm not at all able to help you with that one.
I'd have to suggest you breed Blaze Kick onto it though...

and the Ubers I just don't particularly want to help with ;p

Ok im sure i can spell it like this now sorry i some times spell them odd.

Thanks for all the help,
I might try to breed Blaze kick into Lucario
and ok you dont need to help me i hope others some to help.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I could go on all day with Lucario....but I won't. Here's some suggestions:

Lucario @ Muscle Band/Life Orb
Adamant
Inner Focus

- Close Combat
- Blaze Kick
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed

Physical Sweeping Lucario. Close Combat for STAB, Blaze Kick for Skarmory, Earthquake because pretty much every physical sweeper who can learn it should have it, and ExtremeSpeed to catch out people who are faster than you. 80 Power is pretty evil on a first-strike move.

Or...

Lucario @ Wise Glasses/Life Orb
Modest
Inner Focus

- Aura Sphere
- Psychic
- Dark Pulse
- Water Pulse

Special Sweeping Lucario. Aura Sphere for a never-missing STAB attack, Psychic for Fighting-types, Dark Pulse for Ghost-types who will resist Aura Sphere, and Water Pulse for Fire-types. The confusion effect from Water Pulse makes up for its otherwise mediocre damage.
Credit goes to Carmen Lopez for this set, since she was the one who came up with it for me for my own Lucario.

This one, I'm not so sure about, but see what you think:

Lucario @ Salac Berry
Adamant
Inner Focus

- Reversal
- Crunch
- Endure
- Swords Dance

This one's a bit more complicated. Basically, use Swords Dance until you know your opponent's next attack will kill you, then use Endure the turn you would otherwise be killed. This will (hopefully) leave you with 1 HP, at least one Swords Dance Attack boost and a Salac Berry Speed boost. Now, start battering your opponents with your now 200 Power STAB'ed Reversal, which will OHKO almost anyone with just one Swords Dance - imagine what would happen if you pulled off two or more! Crunch, again, is for the Ghost-types, since they cannot be damaged by Reversal.

In closing, Lucario is awesome. 8)