• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Nature Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok first off I'm sorry if this is a really basic question or if it has been answered in other topics but is there a way get different natures during breeding? I seem to only get the same 6 or 7, are others just harder to get? I really want adamant nature for a larvitar it I just can't seem to get it.

So I guess my general question is if there is a way to get a certain nature or is it all luck?

If you're using a mother without the Adamant nature, it's down to luck; if she does have the Adamant nature however, stick an Eternal stone on her (if I remember that correctly) and there's a greater chance for her to pass on that nature. This is of course, a wee bit difficult, as it requires you to have an Adamant female Tyrannitar (or whatever). Should you have a male one, see if you can get your hands on an Adamant Ditto - with male critters, they act like the mother (with exception of species) and are capable of passing on natures.

Does that help?
(also, there should be a sticky lying around.)

Thank you, well I don't have either, in fact I don't think any of my PokeMon have adamant nature...which is frustrating to say the least. Haha, but I guess I have just keep trying.

Side Note: Upon looking around I feel that perhaps this was the wrong place to ask, was the game discussion a better place? This is a question so I don't make the mistake again.

Yeah, game discussion would probably be better in future. If they feel so obliging, one of the staff may move this there (or just lock as both your questions have now been answered). Just have a flick over the thread titles in a board to get an idea of what it's all about if you're unsure.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
One other note - another way to get the Nature you need is to have an Adamant Pokemon with the Synchronize ability leading in your party, and try and catch Larvitar in the wild. Synchronize gives your Pokemon a 50% chance to pass its Nature to any Pokemon you find in the wild.

This probably should have been in Game Discussion, but it isn't too out-of-place here either way. Locked since the question has been answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.