• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS My team

Hey all i think i have a decent team and i would like to hget feedback on how to make it better and such

Flygon W/ Shell Bell
Rash Nature
Attacks:
-Dragon Claw
-Solarbeam
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake

Lucario
Impish Nature
Attacks:
-Dragon Pulse
-Extreemspeed
-Psychic
-Aura Sphere

Gardevoir
Calm Nature
Attacks:
-Psychic
-Confusion
-Facade
-Shadow Ball

Blaziken
Gentle Nature
Attacks:
-Slash
-Earthquake
-Focus Punch
-Blaze Kick

Luxray W/ Leftovers
Bashful Nature
Attacks:
-Crunch
-Spark
-Discharge
-Thunder Fang

and im thinking about Glaceon for my 6th pokemon so what does everyone think?

Better natures could be used.

But on Flygon...don't use the Shell Bell. Use the Life Orb. And drop Solar Beam for Roost to offset the Life Orb Damage.

Lucario could do with a better nature. Modest would do well with Water Pulse over Extremespeed. A good Item is the Choice Specs.

I'll go over some more later...but this topic explains what some of your team's problems are.

Gardevoir
Calm Nature
Attacks:
-Psychic
-Confusion
-Facade
-Shadow Ball

Luxray W/ Leftovers
Bashful Nature
Attacks:
-Crunch
-Spark
-Discharge
-Thunder Fang

These two, just ick. You shouldn't have more then one of the same type of attacking move on a set.

All your pokemon need some serious rebreeding. The natures are just bad for the pokemon.

Drop confusion on gardevoir. Psychic is stronger. All I can do for now.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Another problem with Gardevoir is Facade - Gardevoir should not have any physical attacks on its moveset since its base Attack stat is 65, which is awful.

Gardevoir @ Salac Berry
Modest
Trace

- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball

Calm Mind to boost Sp.Attack, Salac Berry to boost Speed and the rest are Special Attacks. Psychic for STAB, Thunderbolt for Flying and Water-types and Shadow Ball for Ghosts and other Psychics.

Luxray is primarily a physical attacker, although his Sp.Attack base stat certainly isn't bad:

Luxray @ Choice Specs
Adamant/Lonely
Rivalry/Intimidate

- Spark/Thunderbolt
- Fire Fang
- Ice Fang
- Crunch

Choice Specs will boost Luxray's poor Speed stat by a fair bit. Spark/Thunderbolt for STAB - Spark is a Physical attack move and will thus be more powerful than Thunderbolt, but Thunderbolt could easily catch someone trying to wall you with a Physical Wall by surprise - Lonely Nature is better than Adamant if you have Thunderbolt since Adamant Nature lowers your Sp.Attack and thus makes Thunderbolt weaker. Lonely will lower your Defense instead, but Intimidate will cover for that if you have it. Fire Fang for Steel and Grass-types, Ice Fang for Dragons and Crunch will stave off Psychic-types.

Finally, Blaziken doesn't want Focus Punch without either Substitute or a sleep move, and since Blaziken isn't a very good candidate for either, Focus Punch has to go:

Blaziken @ Life Orb
Adamant
Blaze

- Flare Blitz
- Brick Break
- ThunderPunch/Swords Dance
- Earthquake/Stone Edge

Flare Blitz and Brick Break for STAB - shame Blaziken can't learn Close Combat from what I know, but there you go...ThunderPunch for Water-types, Stone Edge will wipe out Flying-types and does a lot of damage, but then so will ThunderPunch and Stone Edge's rather weak accuracy makes Earthquake a better move in my opinion. Definitely go for Stone Edge if you choose Swords Dance over ThunderPunch, although keep in mind that Swords Dance + Stone Edge missing = dead Blaziken and unharmed opponent most likely.
Swords Dance/Stone Edge is more risky, but if you pull it off it is more powerful than ThunderPunch/Earthquake.

Hope that helped a bit.

Y'know...Blaziken's strongest STAB move aside from Focus Punch on the fighting side is Sky Uppercut. It may have a little worse accuracy, but it does have the power.

Also, Thunderpunch is available to Blaziken through the Emerald Move Tutors. I think that Night Slash also provides some value to

Blakiken@Choice Band
-Sky Uppercut
-Flare Blitz/Fire Punch
-Stone Edge
-Brave Bird/Night Slash

First two moves are STAB.
Fire Punch isn't as powerful, but has no recoil.
Stone Edge to hit fliers.
Brave Bird has potentail against some types..but there's nasty Recoil.
Night Slash is mostly for those Psychics and Ghosts.

Hey all i think i have a decent team and i would like to hget feedback on how to make it better and such

Flygon W/ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Attacks:
-Dragon Claw
-Roost/Pursuit
-Flamethrower
-Earthquake

Lucario
Hasty/Naive Nature
Attacks:
-Dragon Pulse
-Extreemspeed
-Psychic
-Aura Sphere

Gardevoir
Timid/Modest Nature
Attacks:
-Psychic
-Focus Blast
-Calm Mind/ThunderBolt
-Shadow Ball

Blaziken
Adamant Nature
Attacks:
-Agility
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Blaze Kick

Luxray W/ Life Orb
Hasty/Naive Nature
Attacks:
-Crunch
-Spark
-Discharge
-Thunder Fang

and im thinking about Glaceon for my 6th pokemon so what does everyone think?

Changes in bold. Also here is a good glaceon I used to enjoy using ( but I traded it for a lvl 1 Bold Chansey with SToss and Aurmatherepy ):

Glaceon@Modest
252 Spd/252 SAt/6 Hp
Life Orb
-Ice Beam
-Shadow Ball
-Water Pulse
-Hail/ HP ( any type not already used should do )

also list EV spreads so we can properly rate your team.

-- with all leetness being passed from me to you,
The Lizard Charmer

How about not quoting everything. All you have to do is mention the changes. That's all. Follow the rules Lizard Charmer. you're treading on thin ice.

How about not quoting everything. All you have to do is mention the changes. That's all. Follow the rules Lizard Charmer. you're treading on thin ice.

Why is that a rule...? And please don't ban me. I am part of an elite group of people called the "Near Perfect Pokemon PLayers, or NPPP" and we try to spread our near perfection to those who dont have it. I'll stop, just forgive me this time. Oh, and let me say this -

From now on, every topic I post in more then once, is worth remembering

to ev (Effort Value) train your Pokemon, fight against a Pokemon whose main stat is the one you want your Pokemon to get stronger at. such as, A Blissey whose worst stat is Defence should fight with wild Geodude or Graveler. A Geodude gives you 1 ev Point, and at every 4 points you get 1 more stat increase in that stat when it levels up, and in this case, if Blissey fought 8 Geodude and leveled up, it got +3 in Defence, the Geodudes gave it +2 in Defence because if you fought 8, you got 4 two times which equals a +2 bonus in Defence, where you would have normally gotten +1. Its not hard, and will make your Pokemon stronger.It may be frustrating to only fight certain Pokemon