• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

My sprite topic!

revamps.png

This is my sprite topic! This is a revamp I made! Here are some non -revamps...
Ghosteevee.png

Delibirdevo.png

Mimebeytle.jpg

Ghast-torch.jpg

Arceuskarp.jpg

Blazikenandempoleonhybrids.jpg

I'm taking requests. I do use paint however, so... they may not be that good!

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
A) Please read the rules for this forum - recolours are not considered 'spriting' and if that's all your topic is, then it's rather breaking the rules - non?

Just bear point A in mind, mmk?

B) There's a preview button for a reason. If you're not sure that you're using the correct BBCode or not sure if your post will look as you intend it to, press the preview button and you can check it before posting. Which would save you having to post it, check it and edit it and me or someone else having to post this explanation...

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Alright, most of these sprites look pretty good. But I do have a few things to say.

1) When you save your sprites, you can remove the grainy effect on most of the sprites you have by saving them as .png instead of .jpg

2) Shading seems to be a problem here on some of these sprites. Don't worry, most people have trouble here as well; it takes time, practice, and patience to get it right. But the basics to shading is knowing where your light source is; most Pokemon sprites, I believe, have the light source in the upper left somewhere. So when shading, keep that in mind. It also helps to know where on the sprite shadows will be cast. On a human, for example, if your person has a hat, the face would be a little darker on some areas due to the shadow made by the hat.

3) When cutting/pasting, try to make the little pieces, when put together, seem... natural, I suppose. From what I can see, you're doing a pretty good job of that, but it's difficult to tell from the quality of your sprites as they're saved as .jpg.

That's pretty much it for now. Besides that, your sprites look pretty good so far; maybe a little work on scratching could help, but still, so far so good. ^^