• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

My Possible Generation V Team.

I'm basically looking for constructive criticism on this team and its movesets as well as suggestions for things I am unsure about (listed in each Poke'mon's description). Thank you!

Note: I wanted to use Poke'mon that are only from this generation.

-----

526b.gif

Gigalith @ Balloon
Sturdy
Brave Nature (+Attack, -Speed)
252 HP, 252 Attack
-Stone Edge
-Earthquake/Heavy Bomber
-Stealth Rock
-Explosion

-----

560m.gif

Scrafty @ Leftovers
Moxie
Adamant Nature (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
252 Attack, 128 Defense, 128 Sp. Defense
-Payback
-Hi Jump Kick
-Zen Headbutt
-Head Smash

-----

632t.gif

Durant @ Muscle Band
Swarm
Adamant Nature (+Attack, -Sp. Attack)
252 Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
-X Scissor
-Iron Head
-Stone Edge
-Thunder Wave

-----

609.gif

Chandelure @ Wise Glasses
Flash Fire
Modest Nature (+Sp. Attack, -Attack)
252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
-Shadow Ball
-Fire Blast
-Calm Mind
-Energy Ball

-----

635.gif

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Levitate
Timid Nature (+Speed, -Attack)
252 Sp. Attack, 252 Speed, 4 HP
-Draco Meteor
-Dark Pulse
-Fire Blast
-Surf

-----

531s.gif

Audino @ Leftovers
Regenerate
Timid Nature (+Speed, -Attack)
252 HP, 128 Defense, 128 Sp. Defense
-? ? ?
-Toxic
-Wish
-Protect

Last edited by a moderator:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Since I'm bored out my brains waiting for the guild Argaloth raid, might as well get to work on this:

- Balloon works fine for Gigalith mostly for lack of anything noticeably better, although if you find yourself against very few Earthquake-carrying leads then change accordingly. Heavy Bomber is good for any enemy Gigalith but otherwise Earthquake will work just as well if not better (assuming they aren't carrying Balloons of their own.)

- Head Smash on a bulky Pokemon like Scrafty is a bit unwise given that it damages you when you use it, and quite heavily as well if you strike someone weak to it (which is what it'll be there for.) Also, HP training is generally more effective than split-defense training on something like Scrafty, so change EVs accordingly and you're all set. I'd also consider something else over Zen Headbutt since Hi Jump Kick outdamages it on Fighting-types anyway and Poison-types are rare.

- Durant seems fairly standard, although I don't know how much use he'll have for Thunder Wave given that he's already very fast himself - could be nice with Iron Head though. Shame he doesn't get Earthquake, but oh well.

- Fire Blast is typically the STAB Fire attack of choice since its raw power offsets its lower accuracy value (85% is still in the "good" area of accuracy though) and will really go well with Chandelure's gigantic Sp.Attack. Will-O-Wisp is a bit risky on this guy though since he's not the toughest in the world, and if the Wisp misses he could be in for a world of pain. Shadow Ball + Calm Mind is the best choice if you find Wisp isn't working for you.

- Hydreigon loves Choice Scarf, and I'll address why it's especially important for you in just a moment. Note that Earth Power + Dark Pulse isn't legal with current Egg Move/Tutor availability, so you'll have to choose one or the other. Draco Meteor is preferrable for STAB (although Dragon Pulse certainly works well itself) and Fire Blast would be good to stick on here somewhere. I'd go for Dark Pulse over Earth Power here, but the choice is yours.

- Taunt, Taunt, TAUNT! Your Audino is utterly ruined by the aforementioned Taunt since it carries a grand total of 0 offensive moves, and since Taunt users became very popular in late Gen IV there's no reason to assume they won't be popular come Gen V. One Taunt user in particular comes to mind: Haxorus. If this guy comes in on your Audino and Taunts it you've instantly lost the entire game, since Dragon Dance will be next and not a single Pokemon in your team is equipped to stop a Dragon Dance-boosted Haxorus as it stands. This is why Hydreigon wants the Choice Scarf (and why Audino really wants an attack move.) Given that Durant and Chandelure have status moves anyway, why would Audino need them? I'd give Audino Toxic if anything, since Wish + Protect goes very well with it.

I should probably take this time to mention that Gen V is quite possibly the most casual-unfriendly generation of Pokemon to have ever appeared, and you'll need all the help you can get to survive against the big guys. I'm not talking about players there either; there's a lot of Pokemon out there that can utterly demolish any team that hasn't taken them into account now, and you'll need to be aware of these threats to survive. I'd recommend nixing your plan to only use Gen V stuff as well - you'll need all the help you can get now that the likes of Garchomp, Mew and Latios/Latias have been set loose to combat the new Gen V threats.

Thanks for the wall of help, KoL. :3 I'll definitely be revising my team and of the like to make it tip-top.

Also: Garchomp and Latis are unbanned now? o vo I CAN USE MY LATIAS?!

Last edited by a moderator:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I'll be making the Gen V ban list public very soon, but yes, Garchomp and Latias will both definitely be legal.

P.S. Argaloth killed me and dropped no phat DK loot, the bastard.