• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

My Pokemon Championships 2012 team advice

I'm enetering the Pokemon Championships 2012 but I need some team advice. Can give me some advice on my team. My team is based working Extremely well in double battles. My team Ideal is as folowed.

Amounguss @ Sitrus Berry
Modest
Effect Spore
Hp 255 SAt 255
- Spore
- Rage Powder
- Clear Smog
- Protect

Kangaskhan @ Lum Berry
Naughty
Scrappy
Atk 255 Spd 255

- Fake Out
- Mega Punch
- Outrage
- Toxic

Gengar @ Poison Gem
Mild
Levitate
SAt 255 Spd 255

- Venoshock
- Dream Eater
- Telekinesis
- Hex

Landorus @ Yache Berry
Rash
Sand Force
SAt 255 Atk 255 Spd 255

- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Outrage
- Protect

Zapdos @ Coice Specs
Modest
Pressure
SAt 255 Spd 255

- Discharge
- Thunderbolt
- Aerial Ace
- AncientPower

Articuno @ Charti Berry
Calm
Pressure
SDef 255 Def 255 Hp 255
- Tailwind
- Mind Reader
- Sheer Cold
- Sandstorm

Tell me what you think and tell me what is wrong with my team

You say you want to use this in the CHAMPIONSHIPS? None of your EVs really suit the moves for the most part(or vice-versa), and you CAN'T have 255 EVs in 3 stats. It's impossible. Having 255 is pointless, anyway, as it does the exact same as 252, so you'll need to fix the hell out of those. The movesets are just...terrible, and that's being nice.

I suggest you HEAVILY read up on this topic, tweak the hell out of your sets, and come back and try again.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
The fact that some of your Pokemon have more than 510 EVs would be an immediate problem that you might want to fix.

Secondly, all of your movesets are absolutely terrible for the following reasons:

- Clear Smog on Amoonguss is completely pointless and Sitrus Berry is equally so.

- Kangaskhan's entire moveset is terrible bar Fake Out.

- You know Telekinesis doesn't put people to sleep right?

- Your Landorus has the wrong nature, although the moveset is actually not that bad.

- Your Zapdos is terrible, and Choice Specs has no business in VGC.

- Articuno with Sandstorm really isn't going to help against stuff like Abomasnow and Politoed since their weather effects last forever and yours lasts five turns.

Overall, you've no defense against Tailwind, Trick Room, or anything likely to appear in doubles, your movesets aren't suited for doubles at all except Amoonguss and Landorus (Protect/Detect and attacks that hit both enemies are your friend) and your Pokemon choices just seem completely random, and not in a good way.

Honestly, there's not a lot I wouldn't change here.

ben98 said:
Okay what about this team which is based on strength.

Hydreigon (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Dark Pulse
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower
- Protect

Aggron (M) @ Chople Berry
Trait: Rock Head
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fire Punch
- Head Smash
- Iron Head
- Magnet Rise

Zekrom @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Fusion Bolt
- Dragon Claw
- Shadow Claw
- Zen Headbutt

Blaziken (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Blaze Kick
- Aerial Ace
- Quick Attack
- Brick Break

Braviary (M) @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Hardy Nature
- Brave Bird
- Crush Claw
- Rest
- Shadow Claw

Tell me what you think and tell me what is wrong with my team

Hydreigon is going to want to drop Mild for Modest or Timid. Sitrus Berry can go for Life Orb, Wise Glasses, Choice Specs/Band, or Expert Belt. Surf is a nice option, as is Charge Beam to pick off weaker opponents and maybe a Special Attack boost. Draco Meteor, Focus Blast, and U-Turn can also work.

Aggron looks pretty solid, but there are a few things that need addressing. Magnet Rise will probably go. In the turn it takes to set up, you can easily be killed. Air Balloon does the same thing as Magnet Rise without taking a turn. Sturdy can work as an ability as well, though for lack of a good recovery move outside of Rest, it's almost one-use. Ice Punch is an option if you feel like taking out Gliscor or Dragon-types, notably Gliscor who resists you and can retaliate with STAB EQ. Rock Polish works to fix your terrible speed, and EQ is always an option.

Zekrom is banned. Moving on~

Blaziken says: GET RID OF HARDY. Depending on what attacking route you want Blaziken to go(Physical, Special, or Mixed), your nature will vary between Lonely/Naughty, Adamant, Timid, Jolly, Hasty/Naive, Modest, and Mild/Rash. Since you listed all Physical moves, I will assume you want a Physical set. Blaziken has lots of options, but with Speed Boost, look no further than Protect. Protect guarantees a boost, and with Sub/Leftovers, you can get a few. Sky Uppercut and Hi Jump Kick are options to replace boring old Brick Break. Flare Blitz or Fire Punch can rid you of Blaze Kick's not-so-stellar accuracy. Blaziken can also Swords Dance, which is evil with Speed Boost. Life Orb can also work as an item, adding to your Mixed power if you opt for Fire Blast/Flamethrower as Fire STAB. Should you choose the mixed route, allocate some Speed EVs to Special Attack(because really, your speed will be sky-high fast).

I don't really have experience with Braviary, so I can't say much.

There's only 5 pokemon here. A full team consists of 6. Even with some Doubles being 4v4, with a team of 6 you have a larger pool to choose from.

Hope this helps!~