• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS My Manectric needs a better moveset. Can someone help?

The Manectric is Lv.31 male
Hasty Nature
Max Hp 90
Attack 53
Defense 43
Sp. Attack 77
Sp. Defense 46
Speed 85
Ability is Lightningrod
He has Pokerus
Currently Knows:
Thunderbolt Electric
Spark Electric
Quick Attack Normal
Roar Normal o_O

If anyone can come up with a moveset that will work better please let me know. He currently is unuseable in battle. His only use is for cool contests right now.

Static is a way better ability for starters. Since its S. Attack is better, try this:

Ability: Static
-Thunder/Thunderblot
-Flamethrower
-Charge/Rain Dance
-HP Water/Grass/Ice/Hyper Beam

This is a hard set to get. I've tried, it's hard. But Thunder/bolt for Stab, Flamethrower for Grass types, HP Water/Grass/Ice for Ground types and, Charge to power-up the next Thunder/bolt attack or Rain Dance for 100% accuracy for Thunder. Hyper Beam could be used as a finishing move, too.

I personaly like my Manectric's moveset....It is based on speed.

Manectric
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Thunder Wave
-Roar

Tunderbolt and Flamethrower for the same reasons listed above. Thunder wave for when you think its going to be a pretty even match up and the battle might take some time....It's nice to have not attack at turns. And roar, so when people send out something you dont want to battle, or its an uneven match up not in your favor.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Which game are you playing? It would be useful to know if this is for 3rd or 4th Gen, and also which Move Tutors are available to you.