• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

My first [complete] 6v6 team.

Before I start training this brain-wreck of a team that I worked all night on, I want to have it confirmed that it can, in fact, function as it is supposed to. Call it insurance or assurance, if you will, for my team. So here goes:

-----

*This IS for competitive play / meta-game

-----

1.)
424.png

Ambipom @ Silk Scarf
Technician - Moves with 60 Base Power or less do 50% more damage.
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
-Fake Out
-Pursuit
-Low Kick
-U-Turn

2.)
121.png

Starmie @ Expert Belt
Natural Cure - Cures status on switching out.
Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
-Surf
-Psychic
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt

3.)
445.png

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Sand Veil - Evasion increases by 20% in a sandstorm.
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SpA)
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Fire Fang
-Swords Dance

4.)
465.png

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Chlorophyll - Speed doubles in sun.
Impish Nature (+Def, -SpA)
252 HP / 228 Def / 28 Spe
-Power Whip
-Knock Off
-Sleep Powder
-Leech Seed

5.)
477.png

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Pressure - Enemy attacks lose one extra PP.
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spe)
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
-Earthquake
-Pain Split
-Gravity
-Will-o-Wisp

6.)
205.png

Forretress @ Shed Shell
Sturdy - OHKO moves will fail.
Careful Nature (+SpD, -SpA)
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
-Payback
-Rapid Spin
-Spikes / Toxic Spikes / Stealth Rock
-Toxic Spikes / Spikes / Stealth Rock

Last edited by a moderator:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Garchomp is banned pretty much everywhere, so that's a no-no right off the bat.

- As a lead, Ambipom would like Brick Break over Low Kick in case an adversary lead is planning to dual-screen on you, or even pop up a single screen and start trying to kill you. Low Kick can work, but the screen-smashing is a nice touch for a lead to have. Muscle Band is probably preferable over Silk Scarf - although Fake Out will do 10% less damage, your other moves will do 10% more damage now too.

- Starmie's fine as it is. Grass Knot and Recover are other potential moves for Starmie, and are worth thinking about using if you're one to experiment.

- Garchomp, as stated, isn't legal in competitive play.

- Tangrowth's fine, although the Speed EVs seem very redundant. Watch out for Sleep Clause.

- Dusknoir does not want Sunny Day - all it'll do is beg the opponent to throw a Fire-type in to murder you. Gravity can work for Toxic Spikes which is a decent idea - Overall, there's no "right set" for Dusknoir, but Sunny Day could not be more wrong. Will-O-Wisp could come in handy to burn any physical sweepers who pop up, especially ones daft enough to try and set up on you.

- Sp.Defense Forretress doesn't really play to its strengths, but since it has immense Defense regardless of EV distribution it can work OK. Spikes I'd drop for Stealth Rock, since there's no way you'll have Gravity up perpetually and Stealth Rock is far and away the more damaging hazard overall if the opponent isn't prepared for it. Gyro Ball's also a potential option for an attack if you like, otherwise, he's good.

The only thing you're lacking here is a solid Special wall, but Dusknoir and Forretress (with the training) should be able to handle some of it themselves. Garchomp could do with a replacement, and while Flygon seems like the obvious pick, I'd err more towards Salamence, Dragonite, Scizor or Lucario since they boast similar power to Garchomp as opposed to similar typing (which really, is the only similarity Flygon has with Garchomp in terms of use.)

you should generally reconsider using Sunny day, as it cripples your whole team.
you have 2 fire Weak pokemon and a Water-Type-Stab attacker.
I would even say go for Rain dance, as it would boost Starmies attack, it could even use Thunder without a penalty.
Rain would also make fire hurt your Forretress/Tangrowth less.

But all in all I would watch out with those Weather conditions, cause they can be used against you~

I know, I know now. Ha ha, it was a good idea in theory, but I see how in play I could be screwed over.

What should I use instead of Chompy, then? D-: I don't like Salamence.

Last edited by a moderator:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Use whatever takes your fancy Andrew, although since Garchomp was playing the role of a reasonably quick and extremely powerful physical sweeper, I'd have his replacement perform a similar role, so your team isn't affected too much by the change.