• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

My current team

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Greninja
Protean
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Acrobatics
- Spikes
- U-turn
- Water Shuriken

Talonflame @ Metronome
Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Me First
- Roost

Doublade @ Eviolite
No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Sacred Sword
- Shadow Claw
- Gyro Ball
- Sleep Talk

Blissey @ Assault Vest
Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Modest Nature
- Charge Beam
- Blizzard
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball

Drifblim @ Weakness Policy
Unburden
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SDef / 4 Spd
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Stockpile
- Substitute
- Ominous Wind

Ditto @ Leftovers
Imposter
EVs: 252 HP
- Transform

Deoxys-Speed @ Life Orb
Pressure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Lonely Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SAtk
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Psycho Boost
- Magic Coat

==============================

I alternatively ran Ditto in Drifblim's place until very recently when I decided I wanted to try it. Full Credit to KoL on the idea, although I'm not sure what set he had exactly.

Anyway, this is a team I spent... about ten minutes throwing together as I challenged KoL to a battle. He won again, as he always has, but I took the team on to ladder battles on Pokemon Showdown and I've since lost only about three battles and had one draw.

Doublade and Blissey work hand in hand to cover my team's defenses, while also dealing out considerable damage. Deoxys is more often than not my lead, being able to bounce taunts, stealth rocks, spores and such back, while also holding its own as a respectable attacker in the face of things that normally don't set up. Greninja surprises opponents with not only spikes, but a sudden resistance to rock and immunity to electric attacks after using acrobatics.

I'd like to hear any suggestions you folks may have, am currently considering a Goodra in place of Blissey... granted I lose out on the surprise factor in using Blissey as an attacker if I do that. I currently have no mega evolutions on my team either, so that field is open as well.

Last edited:

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
My Drifblim ran Baton Pass + 3 Attacks (Acrobatics, Shadow Ball and Thunderbolt to be exact) and was designed to be a sweeper that could Baton Pass out to a counter if it faced something it couldn't kill (Tyranitar being the most obvious threat) or something I felt threatened the sweep.

Assault Vest Goodra is probably the most obvious and predictable set the thing could run and I can't see Goodra being much better than Blissey at this overall besides having far better STAB options (Blissey has Hyper Beam...) I can see Blissey being a Fighting-type magnet for the opponent as it always has been, so Psychic may be worth considering to try and KO them coming in.

Shadow Sneak could be a good option for Doublade in case you need to quickly finish an opponent off. It also gets Pursuit, which can result in some rather nasty checkmates against Psychic and Ghost-type special attackers who could otherwise threaten Doublade's vastly inferior Sp.Def stat and leave the opponent with nothing to break through its massive Defense, although this would cost you a lot of coverage running both moves.

Will-O-Wisp may be worth running on Talonflame since your team runs no status-inducing moves at the moment bar Blissey's Serene Grace hax.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Surprisingly my team hasn't had any need for status inflicting moves, combination of . Speed is not an issue due to the stat spreads of my pokemon, deoxys being able to outspeed several scarf users, Talonflame having priority brave bird and then Blissey and Doublade being so damn bulky it almost doesn't matter what hits them. [Doublade surviving +1 flare blitz with more than half health for instance]

Still, I've gotten less opportunities to use Me First on Talonflame, so I'll try Will o Wisp over that. Me First has been used to counter pretty much only dragons and Aegislash so far.

Doublade's Sleep Talk has saved me numerous times, as you can see I don't really have much to counter status either, having no grass or electric types and running Blissey without natural cure.... nonetheless, I can't say Shadow Sneak wouldn't have probably saved doublade an equal number of times in which it came close to a KO.

After running a few more battles last night I decided to both keep blissey and take Ditto back, as Blissey is very good at luring in a number of physical attackers she can either KO or heavily dent on the switch. [See Fire Blast vs Scizor, Blizzard vs Dragon]