• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Multiversal Prison

sSoul

Previously Swirled
but that is the only roleplay i was bad in because it was boring
That seems like a lazy excuse to make tbh your character did have a lot of problems, most notably being an overpowered Mary Sue and in the words of T'Challa, "We don't do that here" So yeah, do understand our critique.

..i was about to ask if you’d be willing to get another person in this roleplay, because im fairly interested, but now im worried that
a.) this is not a good time, and
b.) what if my roleplaying skills aren’t good enough either

but uh. if you’ll have me, i should be able to get a form up later today ;w;

sSoul

Previously Swirled
..i was about to ask if you’d be willing to get another person in this roleplay, because im fairly interested, but now im worried that

Don't worry, I've RPed with you enough to know that you know what you're doing.

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
we'll wait til rohan gets back to see if you can join, but we don't have beef with this guy, it's just cause of past experiences

Wow...
I’ve haven’t seen an argument over whether someone’s roleplaying skills are good enough at all in this site. This is a first. I’ve only ever seen people get accepted or denied based on how much space there is left. Well, I’ll have you know that at least one person who was already accepted has worse roleplaying skills than @LeBarrel42. I won’t tell you who though, this is far too entertaining to stop.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Children.
Forum thread. Not chat room. Save the snippy one-line arguments for Oprah private messages and/or other instantaneous means of communication.

Second, if this were truly an "Open" thread, then 'accepting' members is not relevant. An open thread is an open thread. If a thread is to be joined by acceptance only, then it should be marked as 'Ask to Join'. Fixed that for you.

Third, @LeBarrel42 - Seeing how I've received a request from a thread starter to remove you from their thread before, I can sort of see their point. No one owes you inclusion, I'm afraid - if the thread starter does not wish to accept you into their thread, that is their right, and there's really no point to argue about it.You want to get people to think better of your RPing? Try improving it and demonstrating marked improvement in threads that would accept you, or alternately make your own thread - but do make sure you follow our rules when you do so.

You're fine, put a bio up
Wow...
I’ve haven’t seen an argument over whether someone’s roleplaying skills are good enough at all in this site. This is a first. I’ve only ever seen people get accepted or denied based on how much space there is left. Well, I’ll have you know that at least one person who was already accepted has worse roleplaying skills than @LeBarrel42. I won’t tell you who though, this is far too entertaining to stop.
If its @MihajloJedi, I've seen some of his post and yeah, kind of, but I have yet to experience it

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
for stuff like why his rp skills might not be great, I think he said his English wasn't that good or something

maybe we should drop the topic.. we’ll see how it goes regardless of writing skill, im sure it’ll be fine, but something tells me dropping specific names isn’t the best start to get this going..
that being said, i am scribbling up a form at the moment, but i do have questions;

1. what is the general plot of this roleplay? are we going to be breaking out, pulled into a greater conflict, living prison life? or are we just gonna see where the rp takes us? i understand this is a reboot, and I’m perfectly okay with skimming through the original for an idea of what the plot is, but i figured I’d try to get a direct answer before resorting to that.
2. do our characters have to be human? reading through other people’s forms, it seems the majority, if not all of them, are human, but considering this is the edge of the multiverse, i can imagine there being an alien-ish/nonhuman figure, and frankly i’d really enjoy playing one!

thanks ;w;;

or are we just gonna see where the rp takes us?
Probably this
2. do our characters have to be human? reading through other people’s forms, it seems the majority, if not all of them, are human, but considering this is the edge of the multiverse, i can imagine there being an alien-ish figure, and frankly i’d really enjoy playing one!
You can be a non humain

alright, thanks for clarifying!

Name: Xenah “Novex” Cresnova
Appearance: Standing at 5’3, Xenah is a short figure from a race of human-like aliens, with the exception of a few features. Overall she looks rather normal, with pale skin and wide brown eyes, however her pupils are similar to those of a feline, in the sense that they fluctuate between narrow slits and wide circles depending on her emotions. Her teeth are small and numerous, her canine teeth proving sharper than average, and her ears are pointed, almost elven. Her hair is long and dark purple, pulled into a braid on her shoulder, and sprouting from her scalp is a pair of little turquoise horns. At her lower back is a long tail, similar to that of a lion- long and skinny, with a big tuft of fur the same color as her horns at the end. She wears a simple hooded cloak, accompanied by a pair of long dark socks and no shoes. Under her cloak on her upper thigh is a little belt and sheath, usually for her dagger.

Personality: Xenah is a flirty little thing, known to flatter and gain trust before manipulating those she pleases. She’s quite the smug character, radiating confidence and pride wherever she goes. She can be cold and rather mean, but on the contrary, she also has the ability to be.. slightly less cold, and a little less mean.

Skills: Incredibly intelligent, knows how to manipulate people. Amazing with her dagger.
Feats: A well known hitwoman under the name Novex, has killed countless small- planetary leaders and consequently leaving their planets devastated and bound for death. Takes most her pride for the murder of King Ostenero, monarch of a popular central trade planet called Nerschwick.
Role: Convict
Extra: this took way longer than i thought lol sorry

Welp, haven't been active in any RPs; might as well get back into the fun : P

Name: Warren Hendrik (Onirus)
Appearance: (Human) With a rather slim but built physique, Warren stands at 5'9 and has a tan skin tone. His arms, chest, and legs are all lined with battle scars, and a dragon tattoo traces the outside of his right arm. Warren has short and spiky white hair, and his eyes take on a deep silver hue. He wears a black hooded tunic, black trousers, and black boots. A katana with a black hilt sits in a sheathe diagonally attached to his back.
Personality: Warren is rather quiet; he tends to ignore conversation and keeps to himself. When speaking, he has a gruff voice, as well.
Skills: Heightened agility, strength, and instincts.
Feats: Warren has been known on a large number of worlds as one of the most dangerous assassins in history. Working as a mercenary by the name of "Onirus", he committed countless assassinations of monarchs around Earth and many other worlds.
Role: Convict

I'll get it up tonight most likely, and I was wondering if I could have two characters for the RP. (Note that they will be guards.)

*a little, familiar Stegosaurus eyes over at a certain queen for a brief moment, almost as if he was trying to avoid her for some peculiar reason*

Bios
Name: Kenny Shui
Appearance: wears a blue overcoat covering a reed t-shirt, blue pants and black boots. has medium grey hair that covers his right eye
Personality: is serious with prison work but has an amazing sense of humour, is very kindhearted
Power(if you have any): , his right eye is purple and has the ability to cast illusion that can cause physical damage to the target. Ice manipulation.
Skills: is very intelligent and tactical, very good a managing
Feats: Once stopped a mass prison break on level 4 on his own, traded blows with a being strong enough to destroy solar systems, broke a planet sized meteor with one attack, reacted to light speed projectiles, found reality warping beings.
Role: Guard
Extra: nothing special

I might maybe decide to introduce another character soon or later on in the RP, as a character bio will be made once sufficient information has been revealed.

Name:
His name is Kari.
Age: His age is the equivalent of 18 Years old in human age.
Appearance: Kari is your normal, every night Polar-shroom. He stands at a height of roughly 1'10", as many bigger plants tend to pick on him as a result. In his north form, he has a thin, snowy white stalk that supports his small, sky blue cap. A pale blue, cube-shaped crystal can be seen floating several inches from the cap. His baby blue eyes and tiny mouth are located on the crystal, as they are on their respective areas of the frontal face. When the situation demands his south form, his stalk becomes noticeably thicker and shifts into a dark shading of royal blue. The cap becomes slightly bigger and also has a darker shading like his stalk. In addition, the positions of his stalk and cap become inverted. The crystal shifts into an octahedron, as his eyes and mouth are located on the upper, frontal face on their respective areas.
Personality: Kari tends to be somewhat quiet as a result of being a night owl like other mushrooms having no coffee beans to spare. He often prefers to get his tasks over with without having a conversation too long to drain his energy. He attempts to keep a straight, modest outlook whenever an unfortunate being disturbs his slumber during the day.
Power: He is able to shift between his north and south form, the north being more towards offense and the south being made for defense and support. He can also create ice and snow at will, though chunks bigger than his body still require quite a bit of practice.
Skills (North Form):
  • Icicle Slug: Kari fires a large, powerful spear of ice at the target. The attack can be charged to deal more damage and have armor piercing properties against stronger targets.
  • Glacial Tomb: Kari envelops all targets within close proximity in a howling sphere of subzero ice. The target may be inflicted with the Frozen status, making the target unable to act in battle until several turn cycles have passed or if the target is hit with a Fire-based attack.
  • Hyperborean Howitzer: Kari gathers a significant amount of energy for a brief amount of time, then unleashes a violent barrage of dense, deadly pellets that are almost at the temperature of absolute zero. The target may be inflicted with the Expose status, increasing the target's vulnerability to Ice-based attacks.
Skills (South Form):
  • Siberian Screen: Kari forms a chilly barrier of ice around himself to provide somewhat increased physical and magical defense, along with slight regeneration properties. Contact with Kari will cause a slight amount of damage to occur while the barrier is up.
  • Cryotherapy: Kari summons a gentle, cool wind at the target or himself to heal a moderate amount of lost HP and lift the effects of a random status condition.
  • Wintry Nova: Kari takes in as much energy as he can, then blasts all targets nearby with a light pack of nippy snow to knock back all close targets. The attack's recoil will leave Kari with his physical and magical attack stat being considerably lowered for quite a bit of time.
Feats: He has foiled numerous attempts of armed robberies and seed trafficking after going undercover as a black market dealer. He also managed to barely defeat three Gargantuars on a foggy night after the other plants were taken out by an explosion from a special box.
Role: He will be a guard.
Extra: He prefers to have a small bag of ice as his drink instead of normal tap water.

Name: His name is Sean Liko.
Age: Although his physical appearance and behavior makes others likely to think that he is very young, he is about 16 Years old.
Appearance: Sean is a small, bipedal, stegosaurus that has a tan body in a rather pale shading. His head is somewhat big in proportion to his body, as he has black, beady eyes and a small nose composed of two dots. His small mouth has no teeth at all. His underside and the scales that run from his back to his tapered tail are cream colored. He has stubby arms and legs, as his hands have three fingers each while his feet each have three toes. Both his fingers and toes appear to be lacking claws however. He wears a fossil gray bonnet and has on a onesie, mittens and socks in the exact, comfortable shading. He is often seen carrying an orange teddy bear that hides his tiny wand and other items in a hidden area inside the zipped back.
Personality: Sean tends to be a timid outcast since he dislikes hanging around others as a result of getting far more questions than he likes. He chooses to be an infant that cannot talk in hopes of avoid confrontation, though it usually backfires however. He tends to use his spells more often than he should, since simple, everyday tasks such as opening a door are near impossible for him without the help of magic.
Power: He has the ability to utilize magic, which can range from a simple bolt of lightning to one that can decide the fate of battle; if the spell does not fail that is. He has mastered most of the elementary spells as a result of spending some time alone after a vacation to a hotel several months ago.
Skills:
  • Blue Magic: Sean has the ability to use Blue Magic in the midst of combat, a form of magic that allows him to learn the abilities from other users. Higher level spells may sometimes fail as a result of a high cost in magic or the strain being too much for his body to handle.
  • Triocast: Sean can cast three spells in succession. Each spell used after the first in succession has its base power reduced down to a multiplier of 2/3.
  • Fast Metabolism: Sean receives more healing in the midst of combat from both items and moves, but his belly stat decreases twice as fast however.
Feats: Before sean was turned into a young animal, he learned the forbidden magic from a shady man in the basement of Magus Academy.
Role: He is going to be a guard.
Extra: Sean was turned into a baby stegosaurus about a year ago after getting caught attempting to erase his criminal record and suddenly ditching Magus Academy for unknown reasons. He decided to become a guard for the prison after agreeing to a deputy to prevent himself from going to level I as a result of his crimes being merely some acts of petty theft.

*??? sits down while attempting to imitate his tamer’s behavior, as he hands an email before he realizes that he forgot to take off his name encryption*

Subj: [No subject included.]

I suppose I shall have my tamer play the waiting game while the creator of mine starts making their first post. (Which will wait until well... yeah.)