• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mother Nature used Earthquake~

Status
Not open for further replies.
> Magnitude 6 earthquake hits city
> tells chat 'brb earthquake'

So yeah, that was a bit douchey of me, and I apologize. Just putting this here to say I'm safe, so everyone who was in chat at the time won't tear their hairs out worrying about me.

Thankfully, my city wasn't the epicenter. The EQ itself lasted a good 5 minutes or so. City-wide blackout that followed lasted about 3 hours. Everyone was crowding the streets, and all the buildings had pools of people around them, sitting around and waiting to go back to business as usual.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks, RX. ^^ Glad to hear that you and your family weren't hurt.

We were discussing earthquakes after you left and, knock on wood, I've never experienced one before. They rather scare me though. There's nothing we humans can do to control an earthquake, so it just leaves everyone at its mercy. Same as tsunamis and tornadoes though I guess...

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Glad you're alright RX ♥

I've only ever felt one Earthquake, and to be fair it was so tiny I doubt it could seriously be considered one on the grand scale of things. I just remember my Gerbils were acting weird and I was in bed wondering what was wrong with them. Then there was a horrible noise, a bit like a massive gust of wind and then everything just sort of wobbled a bit :V

But believe me, I am still alive!
I'm doing science and I'm still alive!

I wasn't actually there, but good to hear you're fine anyway.

My country is actually an earthquake zone, but we very rarely get them and practically never actually feel them. There was one time last year, of which the epicentre was just outside our nation's border- Remember, though, this is a country traversable by car in about two and a half hours- But I didn't actually feel it, although some others did.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Last time I was anywhere near an earthquake I slept through it :/

Glad to know you're still in one piece RX.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
RX, I didn't get the news until now. I'm so glad you're safe, though! Really, you're so much a part of my family now and stuffs I would be crying if you weren't okay.

... for far more time than how long your spat with mother nature lasted.

We've never had earthquakes before, but a fair share of other natural disasters *coughtornadowarningscough*. So yeah.

Right, seeing as we've established that I'm alive (and doing science~) I see no further use for this thread. Locked~

Status
Not open for further replies.