• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

More of Rey's Art

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
I coaxed you to put this here for all to see because I think it's absolutely wonderful. You personified her very well, and I'm very impressed with how skilled you are. Keep up the great work, Reynald. ^^

That piece+the future work=EPIC awesomeness!

I cannot wait to see the rest of the request. Dwayna looks really 'mess with me, and you're dead!'

I still love her little dragon fang. It adds a lot of character.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Now there's a pose with attitude. I must say you're really good at picking/drawing interesting and effective poses that really bring out the character. I love everything about the picture, it's just awesome.

I thought the left leg was off slightly at first, but now I'm not sure. It just seemed a little too straight against the other leg. As someone who can't draw people for toffee however, methinks I have no right to comment :p The more I look at it the more it seems to fit.

I can't wait to see the rest of your requests, they're always so awesome ^^

I would like to apologize to Secad. I am working on yours right now but I got everyone else's done so I would have no distractions heh....sorry again!!! But I AM Working on it. In fact I'm spending all day every day this week to work on it hehehe. so It'll get done eventually ^ ^

Here is everyone Else's though.

For Shiny, her character Lyn!

Lyn.jpg

For Rayn, her espeon...Rayn!

Rayn-1.jpg

For Pirate Petey....A special request. Imagine how tough it would be for the smaller pokemon to use surf and carry their trainers > >....so here it is!

Petey.jpg

And For Brendan, A special Easter Picture for allll of Pokecharms!

Easter.jpg

Paiwemfsbihoneoijwlardow!!!1!!one! (Couldn't put the sound I made into words, so I just did that.)

:D Rayn looks amazering, I love how her eyes have lightning/psychic power coming out of them and how her tail sparkles. So cool, like she's in a duel to the death! Thanks Rey!

The rest of the requests are awesome too, I like Lyn's hair and the expression on the Pokemon's faces in the rest of them. The Easter one is funny. Thanks again.​

O_O

These are amazing! Shiny's charrie is amazing! I love the expression.

Rayn is floaty. I like floaty. And not just that, the pose and the expression and...everything about these pictures is awesome!

You know, I've always wondered about the small Pokemon, too. I understand an Empoleon or Gyrados easily being able to Surf, but what about something like a Finneon? They would get crushed. :p

Eee! Cuteness overload! The Togepi is so cute! I love the expressions of the Eggsecute. It says 'No! Don't sit down, don't sit down!'

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
This is a great collection of pictures, Rey, especially since you did them all so quickly together. I never cease to love Rayn's charrie, Shiny's character is pretty cute, and Data's makes me laughs. Great coloring on all of em, too.

Also, happy Easter to you, too. ^^

Wow, Rey your work is awesome. In particular, the one for Data really made me laugh. I feel so sorry for the Golduck, but the expression on its rider's face is priceless XD

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Very nice! Especially loving the Golduck picture, you've pulled off the struggling expression perfectly XD
You've got to feel sorry for the smaller Water Pokemon with surf, and for the small flying Pokemon. I always think 'oh dear' when I teach my Murkrow Fly XD

I really love your style. I'm sure I've said it before, but it needs saying again even so. You're a man of many talents and styles, especially when it comes to shading and colouring. Awesome details too ^^

Spectacular. I love your style and colouring methods. They look awesome.

The pic for Data is quite amusing as well. Golduck looks so funny trying to surf with Data on its back.

I really should have replied before going to Taba (and going so close to Stel's door, *shudders* where I live is close enough).

I just love the way the easter one came out, it was almost exactly how I predicted it in my head. It makes me want to squeal (squeals anyway, then gets bricked)

The golduck one was funny, and the expression was, indeed, priceless. Though it actually is funnier in my game case. Although I currently have a Quagsire Cruise VIP pass, it was still only an upgrade from the Wooper Raft Express. I must have had the same expression, but was instead half submerged with my feet on Wooper's head. XD

News and Update: I got a new computer! This thing is absolutely amazing and runs super smooth. Its taken me all weekend to get it up n running with all the programs and whatnot so It's been taking me awhile to get everything done. Also, my dad wants me to design their band logo so that might take up a bit more of my time sense they want to put it on the drums and everything and need it As Soon As Possible.

That being said I haven't been COMPLETELY lax on my work. I have some of the project for Secad done. I am currently designing the background in more detail. Here is a teaser of what is to come. Only the left half of the background is actually line arted in full detail so be a bit easy on that. If you can't tell who someone is or have a problem with the pictures...lemme know!

ProjectShowoff.jpg

In this Picture there is: Reynald/Casey, Midnight, Shiny, Brendan, Chibi, Secad/Fi, Shocari, El, Stellarwind, Shroomish, Dwayna, the EVIL Lovechu and his minions.

I haven't added any special effects yet. This is just a teaser for you guys and also a reference for me so I know where everything goes. Also the background behind the four main buildings is going to be warped since in the role play the place can't sit still.

Hope you guys like it ^ ^

Sorry for the size but the ACTUAL size is much much MUCH bigger...

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Laser-fan galore! For once, people get to see how it actually looks! XD

Well, must say this piccu is absolutely amazing so far. I sees Stel and El in the background-ish, small, I thinks? You be holding clipboard and I be pigtails, Brendan has peanut shotgun I thinks (if my memory doesn't fail me...), and others... I can't say for sure XD. Poses are great, and the Pichu-thingies are... erm, uber cute, while the actual Love Demon is creeeeeepy. Like, seriously. x_x

I love how you're doing the walls, though, or at least one of them. That binary code thingie is a wall, right?

Also, just to be stupid, Lyn/Shiny's pose is awesome. Totally in love with it. XD

*huggles a random Love-pichu, only to get promptly love-bolted*

And Shiny gets a cookie for identifying me sucessfully! Don't I just look badass? ^_^

If the real drawing is bigger than this, then it must be big enough to cover my bedroom wall

And I think Shiny's also right about herself, Reynald/Casey and the mods. But there's something I noticed about Reynald/Casey. His hair changes shading at the halfway mark, so that has to be a cross image of Reynald and Casey combined.

Thanks to the first sneak peek, we know the one on the far left is Dwayna. And according to the people in the RP, the only other male in the RP is Shocari, so he's got to be in the center of the image, directly under the Lovechu itself. I can't be sure on this next one, but I think the one next to Shocari is probably Chibi, though it might be Secad, I don't remember who has the long hair. The other of the two would be on the far right, Secad in my guess. And I think Shroomish-Chan is the one just above Shiny, because I can see part of Shroomish's spotted dress. So that means the girl in the bikini top between me and Reynald, making both of us more badass than ever, is Midnight.

The preview is awesome, and it's going to look even more awesome once it has some color. I'm counting the minutes!

Ahhhhhhhhhhh!

Awesomeness!

This is amazing, Rey! I cannot wait to see the full color one. I can see me, too, with my pointy ears.

Fi just kicks butt on her little fireball. As soon as this is colored, it is my avvie for sure!

However, she does look a little cat-like.

I sure hope my 'Charms persona become big like everyone else's. :)

Rey, this is totally badass. When its colored in, it'll beat every other drawing.

I can just imagine everyone in Love Demon turning this into their avvies, respectively.

*waits patiently for the colored version*

*hands Rey a cookie*

Reynald, teach me almighty one.

I have seen your drawings through Katie so many times. They are phenomenal. That pichu gave me a cavity, I'm sure.

Tell me. what are your photoshop techniques? I must eat your brain..

Dragodden, The only tricks I really have are a clever use of layers, the multiply effect, THE PEN TOOL!!! and blur XD. All I am doing is lining what I draw on a notepad while bored, laying on bed, or anywhere. I scan it then line it with the magnificent pen tool and then color and use multiply for the shadows and overlay for the hair lighting. That's about it.

ALSO.

Secad! I'm done! Sorry it took so long. Here it is guys, The project I have been working on. If anyone who was in the picture wants their individual character I have the files saved so I can send them to you!.

PokecharmsProject.jpg

That being said. I have realized while working on this project is that I'm really being ran dry right now and stretched thin. I am asking that I cannot take anymore requests until the end of the school year. I have to try and get all this work done and cram in as much as I can.

Now that that is out I do have good news. The end of school for me is in a week so you people who DO want requests wont have to wait long!

Lemme know what you guys think ^ ^

That is the best interpretation Love Demon I have ever seen xD. The concept alone was win, and this piccu excellently illustrates it. This actually makes me really jealous I didn't join, but I digress...

Those Love Pichu are adorable, nasty little things. And are incredibly accurate as far as Sugimori renders show. The buildings are Rendered remarkably, absolutely remarkably! And everyone looks amazing. The coloring, the poses are all excellent, and the effects of their powers are just so cool. Awesome work, Rey. Just Superb!

Wow, Rey this is really amazing! And I'm completely with RX about jealousy over not joining. But anyway, the love demons are absolutely adorable and you did a great job of capturing everyone! ^^

(Reynald gets glomp times pi to the power of ten)

I love the whole thing! Especially the battle effects conjured up by Shocari, Chibi, Shiny, me, and yourself. I like how you decorated the buildings according to the topic they represent. Just one quick question. Who was supposed to paint the role play buildings again? Because they weren't doing their job.

To be honest, there are a few things quite different to what I expected from the sneak peek, color wise. For starters, the lovechus look like the sunburn my dad got last week. So maybe a lighter shade of pink would be recommended. And, where did Spore go? Is he hiding?

This is still the best work you have done and was worth every second of waiting. And I know what you mean, I wasn't doing so good last semester because I kept stopping to check this site and make posts when I should be doing homework. But I manage to balance my time now, but I still had to pay the price. Glad you're keeping yourself in check!

*checks picture again*

Wait! I only just noticed that Midnight was blushing. Was she hit by a bolt at all? I don't remember that happening...

Edit (read next post first): I checked just before you posted it, and saw you are right. Though I still have to say; She's looking the wrong way... at me

Thanks for the compliments guys I really appreciate it and am glad you all really like it ^ ^

Good eye Brendan! I was going for the idea that each rp building was designed to represent the rp in it. The Key To Hearts Rp is a Kingdom Hearts rp so I took a building from Traverse Town (name) and remade it haha. And I would have toned down the pink if it wasn't described as such in the roleplay.

And yes Midnight did get hit by a bolt. She is currently in love with Rey while Lyn is in love with Casey. It was a funny idea the three of us had since Rey/Casey is the same person XD. Reading posts all the way through is helpful XD

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Rey half is next to Middy and Casey half is closer to me. Totally a play on that little thingie you, Dani, and I had that you mentioned on your last post.

Anyways, loving how this came out, Rey. The buildings are really cool looking. I like how Pikazilla is totally HUGE and kinda translucent in the background. Hah, I see Power Challenge building. With El on top of it.

Pink-pichu are a tad too darkish, but I can live with that.

I like how everyone's clothes look for some reason, especially Brendan's. Dunno exactly why, though. And I'm totally in love with the pose you gave Lyn.

(cuddles a flying Pichu again, only to get re-love-bolted*

O.O *faints from uber-awesomeness*

OMG I WUVS THE WHOLE THING! *faints again*

Everyone looks spectacular, and the Lovechus seriously made me run at first sight(they scare me...too cute XP) I really love the matrix sequence on that one building, and the thing you did with making them all look unique was pretty cool too.

Aside from the awesomeness of Stel and El that I see, I don't really think I can say anymore than what's already been said. But still, I LOVE IT. *marries the art*

That is a great piece, the back drop is perfect and the character look lively n those poses :D great work, got me intrested in reading it too lol

Eeeeee! This is so cool, Rey! I love how well shaded it is, and colored, and, and...everything! I love how you drew me distengrating to merge with Fi.

Everything is perfect.

Except for one thing. Fi will kill you for this...

Fi is white, with red eyes.

Ah I'm sorry! I'll fix it right up!

Sorry if its not that great a fix, Fi was the hardest to edit out of all of em ^ ^;;

BEHOLD THE POWER OF PHOTOSHOP!!!!

the picture above should be edited

Yay! Thank you, Reynald. Fi is happy now.

*Fi squeaks in joy with her awesome portrayal*

She won't burn you. :)

I love how well you shaded her, even though she's white. You're awesome, Rey.

Edit: Uh, Rey, I just started cropping it for my avvie, and I noticed that Fi's tail and paws were still brown. Do you think you can please correct that?

Edit, again: OMG, OMG, OMG, thank you, thank you, thank you! You are amazing!

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
*Joins everyone else who isn't in this RP in envy*

Seriously Rey, this is supebly magnificent! The characters look amazing, the battle is epic, and the shading is perfect. I'm not sure how many more complements I can dish out so I'lll stop now. :)

EEEEEEEEOMGISEEMEISEEME!!!!!!!! *squeals in an unbearably high pitch until head explodes* Dude, If I could make that my avvie I so would. O.O

*hugs Chibi* I'm so wondering why I didn't look here earlier. D: The only thing I can pick on is the fact that Chibi's fox parts are literally red, when they're actually orange. But what the hell, it rocks. And OMG, I'm shooting FIRE FROM MAH HANDS!!!! *head explodes again* I've still been staring wide eyed at the piccy while typing this.

Hmmm, I think this shall become my new wallpaper.

I'm glad everyone liked the picture ^ ^.

And I'm happy to say I am out of school and passed all my classes so I can take requests. Not many seeing as how I gotta go get a job and there will be seven other things occupying my mind. But two or three at a time would be fantastic and I can try to get them done as fast as possible.

If you do have a request, please PM me the request with as much detail as you can muster ^ ^

Thanks again for the support guys