• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

More of Rey's Art

Superb Reynald! Love it to pieces. Gotta love the pizza hanging from the Pikachu Linkachu's mouth like a freshly hunted kill. :3

Thanks a lot! And Because Prof. Oak asked...Here is a Pichu version!

Pichu.jpg

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
That is cute beyond all belief. Awesome stuff.

And call me either Doctor Oak or Alex, Prof Oak is both wrong and kinda weird :p.

Somebody pm Linkachu!

I want to huggles the Pichu *Huggles, but is electricuted* Dang. And I was worried about the Mareep. >:(

I love it!

haha alright Alex. Thanks for the comments. I'm glad you liked it! I'm developing the REAL Linkachu now haha. I hope she likes it ^ ^;

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Raichu or no... These are both almost too cute for words. I found myself staring wide-eyed for a good minute or two initially at the utter epicness of both images. The detail in the first alone is really nifty - the shield and sword both look great, and love the touches with the hanging pizza, the lightning effects, and the subtle hair fringe. Hand/glove guards are love!

And the Pichu... frelling adorable. The over sized hat is squee-worthy. Great pose ^__^

Excellent coloring and shading on both of these. Lovely pictures, Reynald. I don't just like 'em - I love 'em XD

Edit: Ahah. Both of you commented while I was replying, and you say you're drawing a 3rd in Raichu form...? ... Can't wait to see it ^____^

Here you go Linkachu! I ran out of ideas...sorry! I had like an explosion of ideas and then it all died...sad day. But I hope you like it ^ ^

Raichu-Link.jpg

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I SWEAR THOSE THREE ARE THE CUTEST THINGS I'VE EVER SEEN. *dies*

I mean, seriously. Their expression are so cute, their poses are adorable, the chibiness is great, the pizza in Pikachu and Raichu's mouth is epic, and the overall artwork is... fantastic.

*huggles the Linkachu Pichu. ^^*

That Pichu is beyond adorable. Really, if there were ever a strange Pokemon/Zelda hybrid game made by Nintendo, Katie's line of Linakchu would have to be, you've just shown how awesome it would be to play as a Pi-link from the start.

Hey
Listen!

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
The coloring and style of the Raichu really reminds me of this older styled Raichu picture I've seen. It's very cute (and more pizza ^_^), nicely drawn, and I enjoy the fact that you can see holes in the hat for the ears.

Thanks again for the consideration, Rey. Seems everyone loves these. Just goes to show you that it's hard to resist a Pichu/Pikachu/Raichu in a Link cap - and don't I know it XD

hehe Thanks for the comments guys! I'm glad you liked them Linkachu! Yea I was kinda surprised by how MUCH people liked these. Then I kept looking at my pichu picture and went..."That is probably the cutest thing I have ever drawn" haha. I've been wanting to hop on the chat for this place but the link fails sooo I'm stuck.

I was debating on having the Raichu pin Navi down...but decided against it.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
'Bout time I commented here, methinks ^^

I love the 'Linkachu' line you did, they're all awesomely cute, especially the over-sized hat on Pichu and the expression of "Oooo, shiny floating orb with wings" Perfection of the cutest order.

I love how clean your art is too, awesome lineart and spotless colouring. Perfect shading too ^^

Thanks alot Magpie ^ ^. Yea after I finished pichu I kept staring at it going "How did I spawn something SOO cute?" heh.

I try to make it as clean as possible, I get annoyed when lines aren't looking right and the coloring is off and stuff. I've gotten better with shading...

Though I think my art is far from perfect. *Has slight ocd and is still grumbling over small mistakes from arts eons ago...> >*

Oh my goodness! A Linkachu with pizza! That is so cute!

I love how clean the lines are, and the shading and coloring is excellent!

Thanks a lot for the comments and compliments ^ ^. I really appreciate them!

Um. If anyone wants. I could do a FEW requests at a time. I don't have much time on my hands but I've been wanting to draw something while I finish compiling all the information for my story that I have going. So, it might take me a bit, but I can do a few requests for people.

Rain has asked me to do one so she will probably be the first up once I get it penciled and scanned.

Thanks Again Guys ^ ^

Update! Two of the Requests are Done!!

If anyone wants to use my stuff as an avatar. That is perfectly fine ^ ^. Just tell me before hand. Thanks ^ ^

Rain:

Switch.jpg

and Magpie:

Magpie-1.jpg

Tell me what you guys think ^ ^

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
... I already told you how I felt about those two. But I'll say it again here. XD

[22:24] * Shiny|AFK cuddles cute Raichu. ^^

[22:25] Love Manetric's expression soooo much
[22:25] XD

And to add on, the Raichu's hair is so nice and stuff, along with its other accesories. Murkrow looks so happifuls and stuffs, and Manetric... XD

Here is some of my artwork NOT done up in photoshop ^ ^. It's my Knight, Shiren, dancing with another character from my story, Suki. Lemme know what you think ^ ^

DanceSketch.jpg

I'll probably color it later

Wow, Reynald, I didn't know that you started a new art thread.

I have to say that I especially love your Pokemon pictures, not to mention that cute little Pichu you've got as your avi. I think that you have portrayed certain Pokemon OC's (such as Rain's and Linkachu's) very well, and I think you've got a knack for that.

Great work, keep it up.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Holy....

^________^

I loves it. So much. Those expressions are just so... perfect XD
I love Manectric's chubby little legs and Murkrow's 'I RULE!' pose. Thanks so much Reynald, its perfect in every way. I was planning to make a desktop out of mine for my new work laptop, if that's ok? ^^

Nice traditional drawing too, I love the clothes and he pose. As someone who really can't draw people, I look at that and think how awesome it is that you can XD

Thanks again *huggles you*

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I might be biased, but Rain-Raichu is an adorable little furball. Loving the black arm bands, the hair, and the markings under the eyes. Great coloring job, too. The pose makes her look like she's ready to do some damage ^^

And lolz Raibolt. That expression is epic. Silly happy Murkrow... Again, nice clean lineart and coloring/shading. That's something that always stands out for me with your coloring...

I find that sketched image really cute, too. Suki's blushing and expression makes the pic, but the detail of the clothing is great too. If you do color it, looking forward to the finished pic :)

Haha thanks for the compliments Shiny ^ ^. I'm glad you like them.

Wow, Reynald, I didn't know that you started a new art thread.

I have to say that I especially love your Pokemon pictures, not to mention that cute little Pichu you've got as your avi. I think that you have portrayed certain Pokemon OC's (such as Rain's and Linkachu's) very well, and I think you've got a knack for that.

Great work, keep it up.

Hehe yea it's been up for a little while. It doesn't get much notice so it's often pushed down.

Thank you for the compliments ^ ^

[quote author=Silver Magpie link=topic=5051.msg94446#msg94446 date=1237976035]
Thanks so much Reynald, its perfect in every way. I was planning to make a desktop out of mine for my new work laptop, if that's ok? ^^

Thanks again *huggles you*
[/quote]

*huggles* Of course you can use it as your desktop. If you have size problems lemme know so I can fix it ^ ^.

[quote author=Linkachu link=topic=5051.msg94447#msg94447 date=1237980798]
I find that sketched image really cute, too. Suki's blushing and expression makes the pic, but the detail of the clothing is great too. If you do color it, looking forward to the finished pic :)
[/quote]

Thanks for the compliments Linkachu ^ ^. There is a couple reasons for the blushing and whatnot. In my story, Shiren is that do-no-wrong nice guy. And he is always super polite and helpful and whatnot. He's a Knight what do you expect right? And Suki is more of a free spirit mischief maker. Shiren rarely takes off his armor and Suki is always trying to get him to do things and take it off and loosen up a little.

So at this Festival, Rey's picture I did earlier is during the same festival, Suki keeps pestering Shiren to dance. She thinks he doesn't know how because all he does is fight and play with swords. Well, she was wrong...badly wrong. And he surprises her by being able to dance really well. It's one of the scenes where Suki starts falling for Shiren and such. I really like it ^ ^.

UPDATE: I got the final two requests done ^ ^. I had some trouble replicating Hazel since its defined as brown and green combined. So I tried. Also I tried to make blonde/brown but it came out dirty blonde. Tell me what you guys think

For Midnight:

Midnight-2.jpg

For Shiny:

It's Me! I have two shirts buttoned up like that. One is grey/green and the other is greeeen. My friend said I should have me wear the green one. I hope you like it Shiny ^ ^

CaseySketch-2.jpg

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
..... HOLY CRUD. Your piccus colored are, like, even more amazing than when just sketched, and just sketched looks pretty good already. I love Dani's Sneasle, 'tis very cute and stuffs.

And piccu of yourself is... OMGTHEGREENSHIRT! It's, like, so purdy. The things I really like about the picture is how your shaded your hair, eyes, and the PICCU ON THE CLIPBOARD. 'cause itta be Shiren and Suki dancing, or that previous piccu in your last post.

*cuddles Sneasel 'cause it's that cute* ^^

Haven't commented, dunno why I haven't before, know I should comment. Anyways, time for a comment.

Going to the requests you did, the Raichu for Rain looks total badass, like it'll kill you if you move. That sorta thing. As for Manetric, I just snickered to myself about its expression, along with Murkrow cawing about.

The sketch is awesome. Love that shading you did in pencil.

As for the latest things you put up, the lineart is very clean, and the colouring, along with the shading, is extremely well-done. Very profession touch. I'm liking it.

All in all, spectacular job Rey.

Rey, I am so sorry I haven't commented earlier! The Raichu has an awesome expression, one that screams 'Leave, or I'll kill you!'

However, my favorite is Midnight's request, as it is well drawn, colored, and shaded, and has an awesome anime-ish style to it.

[size=8pt]O:<
REY THIS IS FABULOUS

I actually love them all. All of them.
You and Middy both look super adorable, by the by

I should probably say something like you are awesome. The requests have turned out awesomely, I think I should get on the boat before it sinks... You and Middy look really nice, I love all the realistic folds and shading. Sneasle is adorable and I love how you're holding your latest pencil drawing in your picture. I'm seriously wondering how you managed to do that.​

I'm glad everyone liked the requests. Thank you all for the compliments. I would like to make a note that all these pictures are drawn originally by hand, then scanned in and made to sparkle on Photoshop. I actually do carry around that sketchpad and it has like 5 drawings at the very bottom at the least that I haven't finished haha.

Here is an example. I am gonna post up Midnight's request (Mainly because I like how it came out hand drawn the most) in its sketched form so you guys can compare ^ ^.

Midnight.jpg

Oh and Open for more requests ^ ^

I love the original line art Rey. It's beautiful. The shading you did with pencil also is very eye appealing. The sketch is amazing, and I love your unique style of drawing.

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
The only reason I haven't commented yet is because I don't know enough words in any language to tell you how amazingly awesome your art is Rey. (Hm... looks like I found afew after all).

I really like how you replicated your Suki-Shiren dance in your self portate's sketch pad. :)

Thanks for the compliments guys ^ ^. I'm glad you all liked them. Midnight you can go ahead and make it your avie if you want to ^ ^

For Dwayna ^ ^. This is part of a request that I am working on. I have everyone's that has asked me drawn. I just need to get them fixed up in photoshop.

Dwayna.jpg