• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Missingno Mysteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
the cloning glitch is in all the pokemon games. the thing is ,i tried it with this venomoth on crystal and when i turned the game back on, it was erased. i've stopped trying it since then. as for my other statement, wheres a missingno? if ANYBODY finds a specific location please tell me.

Missingno is not a Pokemon, it's a glitch caused by the game trying to find a Pokemon that doesn't exist. I think they figured out how to keep them from happening in the second or third generation, but you could always try modifying a GameShark/Action Replay/Whathaveyou code to call up a Pokemon with a higher number than any Pokemon in the 'Dex.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
rayquazarider2k7, I took your post & Gardevoir Master's reply out of the Game Affliction? topic because it had nothing at all to do with that topic. In future, please check what topic you're posting in before hitting "Post"!

Here's SailorClef's MissingNo page, which has been around a while, and also Bulbapedia's version. These resources will probably answer most of your questions.

Missingno is not a pokemon, but a glitch. When you talk to the man who teaches you to catch a pokemon, the game changes the name, and stores all of the players information near cinibar island. You will be able to find missingno of any level there and depending on your trainer name, the other pokemon and their level. for example, if your trainer name is xDxBxA, you will find level 150 Mewtwo there. If you find a level 0 missingno, the sixth item in your bag will become 99 missingno, which means 99 million, so you can clone any item. If you catch missingno, it will mess up your game, and you could have trouble saving. Also, it might delete your hall of fame records as well as your pokemon. I read that on a website a while ago, but I forget what the website is.

Missingno is not a pokemon, but a glitch. When you talk to the man who teaches you to catch a pokemon, the game changes the name, and stores all of the players information near cinibar island. You will be able to find missingno of any level there and depending on your trainer name, the other pokemon and their level. for example, if your trainer name is xDxBxA, you will find level 150 Mewtwo there. If you find a level 0 missingno, the sixth item in your bag will become 99 missingno, which means 99 million, so you can clone any item. If you catch missingno, it will mess up your game, and you could have trouble saving. Also, it might delete your hall of fame records as well as your pokemon. I read that on a website a while ago, but I forget what the website is.

I tried saving with missingno on my Red Version and it messed up m hall of fame records. When you go to it, it has an infinite number of entries with random Pokemon, you have to turn off the game to get out of it. Other than that, it never messed up anything else besides Pokemon's icons in my "Pokemon" menu. (my Rhydon appeared as my character's icon.)

I tried saving with missingno on my Red Version and it messed up m hall of fame records. When you go to it, it has an infinite number of entries with random Pokemon, you have to turn off the game to get out of it. Other than that, it never messed up anything else besides Pokemon's icons in my "Pokemon" menu. (my Rhydon appeared as my character's icon.)

Yeah that happened once to my sister. She started a new game and her starter choices were all missingno.

Missingno traits:
Messes up your game but can make your items more than 99
Glitch
Water/Flying type if caught
Can evolve into Normal-type Kangaskhan
Moveset:
Water Gun
Water Gun
Sky Attack

I know because, I've tried it.

Spoiler:
How to make more items:
1. Place an item like Master Ball or Rare Candy in the sixth place of your pack,
2.Talk to the Old Man in Viridian City who teaches you how to catch Pokemon
3.Let him teach you (even if you know how)
4. Don't move, fly to Cinnabar Island
5. Surf at the Shoreline east of the gym
6.You'll see some Missignos, don't battle escape from them
7.You'll see the item on the sixth place of your pack has a glitch with number 9
8.It means it's more than 99

How to make it Kangaskhan:
1.- Do nos. 2-5 of above cheat,
2. Catch a Level 80 Missingno
3. Give it a Rare Candy, it'll evolve
Moveset:
Water Gun
Water Gun
Sky Attack

Missingno traits:
Messes up your game but can make your items more than 99
Glitch
Water/Flying type if caught
Can evolve into Normal-type Kangaskhan
Moveset:
Water Gun
Water Gun
Sky Attack

I know because, I've tried it.

Spoiler:
How to make more items:
1. Place an item like Master Ball or Rare Candy in the sixth place of your pack,
2.Talk to the Old Man in Viridian City who teaches you how to catch Pokemon
3.Let him teach you (even if you know how)
4. Don't move, fly to Cinnabar Island
5. Surf at the Shoreline east of the gym
6.You'll see some Missignos, don't battle escape from them
7.You'll see the item on the sixth place of your pack has a glitch with number 9
8.It means it's more than 99

How to make it Kangaskhan:
1.- Do nos. 2-5 of above cheat,
2. Catch a Level 80 Missingno
3. Give it a Rare Candy, it'll evolve
Moveset:
Water Gun
Water Gun
Sky Attack

there are two things wrong there. to get the glitch number 99, it has to be a level 0 missingno, and the level doesn't matter for evolving it.

All I know is that you should never do the Missingno cheat on Red/Blue as it can erase your save game and stuffs up the Hall of Fame. Maybe Gamefreak put Missingno in the games to teach people not to cheat........EVER!

From what I understand, there are several forms of Missingno. in RBY, and not all of them erase your game. I'm not sure which variations do what, though, but I'm pretty sure they all corrupt your game. I don't believe it was put in intentionally, though.

there are two things wrong there. to get the glitch number 99, it has to be a level 0 missingno, and the level doesn't matter for evolving it.
Are you questioning me? I already did this cheat and it doesn't matter what level it is to get glitch number 99, I already tried this in a level 146 Missingno, level 80, and even level 0 and 100. And yes, it should be level 80 when it evolves.

All I know is that you should never do the Missingno cheat on Red/Blue as it can erase your save game and stuffs up the Hall of Fame.

It can make your hall of fame kinda... "random", but it can't erase your game. Nothing can erase your game (except for problems in the game(the physical game, circuits and that)), the only way to access to the memory of the game is through the save feature on the pause menu. And that's why the game asks you to not turn off the GB to prevent glitches.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
This topic has become a horrible mess of SPAM, so I've locked it. Sorry to Gardevoir Master, Legendary_master & Zak, who seem capable of carrying out a decent conversation. Any new threads about Missingno will be locked.

toommm - You get a warning. Feel glad I'm not in a foul mood, or it'd be instant banning for that idiotic post.

PokemonGirlCelebi and MewFanGirl - I'm keeping an eye on you. The similarities in your IP address have been noted. You'd better demonstrate yourselves to be different people, or else you'll be banned. We don't take kindly to sockpuppet accounts, or people joining up with their friends just to chat about how wonderful they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.