• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Milotic??

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I have said before, my friend gave me a shiny milotic for my birthday.

Dont know what evs to give it, what moves it should lear, what it should hold, or whether shiny makes a difrence on its stats.

HELP.

p.s Dont even bother asking to get this.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Shiny Pokemon, aside from the colour, are no different from normal Pokemon - their shininess does not affect their strength in any way. It did in Generation II, when IV's affected gender and shininess, but now IV's don't affect these at all.

As for Milotic, here's some ideas for movesets and EV spreads:

Milotic @ Leftovers
252 HP/252 SP.DEF/6 SP.ATK
Marvel Scale
Calm

- Surf
- Ice Beam/Dragon Pulse
- Recover
- Mirror Coat

Despite Milotic's huge SP.DEF stat, a lot of people will still try to kill it by Thunderbolting it to death - Mirror Coat will punish anyone foolish enough to try. Surf for STAB, Ice Beam will let you OHKO dragons like Salamence/Garchomp whereas Dragon Pulse probably won't, but Surf/Ice Beam leads to you getting walled by other Water-types. Recover to restore lost health.

Or, something like this:

Milotic @ Leftovers
252 HP/52 DEF/200 SP.DEF
Marvel Scale
Calm

- Surf
- Ice Beam/Dragon Pulse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Rest activates Marvel Scale whilst healing you, which will increase your Defense stat. Sleep Talk will let you attack whilst asleep, and the attack moves are pretty much the same.

How's that?

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I'd just like to suggest the possibility of Water Pulse instead of Surf, the chance at Confusion can help at times.

another more risky suggestion is to give it a burn orb. You won't get the benifit of leftovers, but your Defense will always be raised, and if you do it with the Sleep Talk/Rest one, the only time your Defense will be vulnerable is if you're faster than your opponent and have just woken up.

You've got to be kidding me right? What's with all this SPAM at the start? I thought people read the rules about this stuff. Either way, this topic is getting locked now.

Status
Not open for further replies.