• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Mew in the first episode?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just looking through some random posts when I came across a discussion of whether the Pokémon anime was going to end after Hoenn... I was just skimming through it, until I found a rather eye-catching remark by Stellarwind, stating that the Rattata seen in the first episode was actually Mew.

I immediately put on the episode and watched the scene, but I couldn't find any signs of this. The only thing slightly abnormal about this Pokémon was it's cry; which was similar to that of a rattlesnake's tail... I've always regarded this as being a failed first attempt at finding a good sound for Rattata.

Am I missing something? Have other people seen signs of Mew or is Stel just plain crazy? Cause if there really is a Mew in that scene, it would be awesome!

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
It was the tail that caught my eye. It seemed a bit too pink, long and thin to be a Rattata's. But then again, It was ages since I saw that ep last, so I may not remember accurately now... Although it could be a nice subtle little alusion to the Manga. >>

No way it cant be Mew. Well i have the episode on VHS so ill watch it and see. It might be Mew. Im not sure ill have to watch the episode

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Artemis, for reviving a dead topic - dead since 2006 in fact... You are officially warned.

Also, topic locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.