1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This is the archived Cryptidex for Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, and Alpha Sapphire. While we keep this version of the Cryptidex open for viewing, it is now closed to new comments.

OR/AS Mega Camerupt

Discussion in 'Mega Pokémon' started by Linkachu, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Linkachu

Linkachu Hero of Pizza
    Staff Member Administrator

Mega_Camerupt-x600.png
    Mega Camerupt
    Fire / Ground
    20477_info.png
    Japanese Name: MegaBakuda
    Height: 2.5m / 8'02"
    Weight: 320.5kg / 706.6 lbs.
    Classification: Eruption Pokémon

20471_abilities.png
    Ability: Sheer Force

20473_cryptidata.png
    Revealed: Mega Camerupt was first revealed by CoroCoro leaks on September 10th, 2014. It was later revealed internationally in an Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire gameplay trailer on September 12th.

Additional Info: Maxie will use a Mega Camerupt at some point within the story. It's said that "the humps on its back have transformed into one large and very active volcano. Magma is constantly bubbling up from within its body. It has a deep hatred of water or any moisture, and has an explosive personality and a short temper. The volcano on its back erupts constantly in an effort to intimidate its foes."

20483_stats.png
    HP: 70
    Attack: 120
    Defense: 100
    Sp. Attack: 145
    Sp. Defense: 105
    Speed: 20

20479_locations.png
    [​IMG]
    Mega Stone: Cameruptite.
    Omega Ruby: Given to you in the Magma Hideout during the Delta Episode.
    Alpha Sapphire: Given to you in the Battle Resort, following the Delta Episode.

20476_evolution.png
    Mega-Evolves from Camerupt.

20472_artwork.png

20482_screenshots.png
    sept_p16_01_dou.jpg sept_p16_02_wye.jpg sept_p16_03_jyw.jpg sept_p16_07_bbe.jpg

#1 Linkachu, Sep 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2017
  2. This thing kinda looks like a Torkoal/Camerupt Fusion with a hint if Piloswine. Love that subtle little M marking (M for Magma!)

I've always wanted to train a Camerupt, but idk about this guy. He's basically a tank, but his typing still has that 4x weakness to Water, which is never a good thing for a tank to have.

3. Magpie

Magpie Feathered Overseer
    Staff Member Moderator

It looks like a carpet monster! I love it. I shall have one and call it Carpet ♥ All that leg fluff. Plus, I had a Camerupt the first time I played Emerald, so it'll be like old times with a sparkly new twist xD

4. Now I'm really glad that I was planning on getting a Numel for my team :D . While I like both Mega Camerupt and Mega Sharpedo, this one looks more visually appealing to me since it's just the right balance between simplicity and detailed, whereas Mega Sharpedo looks like the went a little overboard (but I digress).

Also, I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but I'm surprised at how it slightly looks similar to the Mega Camerupt I designed

5. Shiny Lyni

Shiny Lyni 2016 Singles Football

Somewhere deep inside me, I was hoping Camerupt would get a mega. I'm so glad it did, even if it's kind of funny looking (cute stubby little legs, though). If it wasn't for the fact I was going to use mega Gallade on my team, I totes would've used this guy instead~

6. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant

I kind of saw Camerupt/Sharpedo megas coming a mile away if only because they're Maxie/Archie's signature Pokemon. I can't help but be slightly amused at this thing's design, though - it's beyond silly. Almost looks like a Stoutland and a Magcargo did a fusion dance. <<

But hey. The amount of shit this thing could probably wreck may be phenomenal so why not really.

Mr.Munchlax likes this.
  7. Iggy would love this:up:!!!
    It could create magmargghs from it's back

8. XD I finally found a use for my shiny in White 2!

9. I ALMOST HAD A CAMERUPT BUT IT FAINTED

10. Ghostly-Hedgehog

Ghostly-Hedgehog Formerly Colleen

IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!! IT'S SO FLUFFY:halo::D:love:

11. I'll bet 5 likes that team magma will use this mega evolution, I mean clearly the M on its forehead gives it a way. though it kind of looks like a caravan camel now, i sort of like the non-mega version better.

12. He really looks the same as the actual camurupt even though you can't see his legs with the mega

13. upload_2015-3-3_17-15-59.jpeg

Ghostly-Hedgehog likes this.
  14. Nice touch of the M that stands for Magma (or Maxie) on its forehead.

15. StellarWind Elsydeon

StellarWind Elsydeon Armblades Ascendant

Or perhaps for 'Mega'. Or "Mm-mm, I'm the best walking carpet around, dawg." Gog knows what goes through Camerupt's head. Not much, apparently.

SparkyLewis949 and Burgundy like this.