• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Lucario and the Mystery of Mew Songs (SPOILERS)

For all you music geeks out there, the opening theme and closing credit music from the English dub of Lucario and the Mystery of Mew have been recorded! Now, maybe you don't want to spoil the surprise for yourself, or maybe you do...if you dare, click these links:

Unbeatable (Movie Version)
We Will Meet Again

I've typed out the lyrics for the opening theme (WHICH YOU DON'T WANT TO READ IF YOU'RE KEEPING THE SURPRISE FOR THE MOVIE ITSELF). This lets you sing along, and helps the word memorization process, too!

Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh! I'm unbeatable!

Walking down this endless highway,
Nothing but my friends beside me,
We'll never give in, we'll never rest,
Advanced Battle is the ultimate test!

From the earth, the land, the sea and sky,
The can never win, but they sure can try!

Pokémon Advanced Battle!
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh! I'm undefeatable!
From the stars and the ancient past,
They come to play but they never last!

Pokémon Advanced Battle!
You think you'll win, but soon you'll see,
You may be tough, but you can't beat me!

I'm undefeatable!

There's a feeling deep inside me,
And it's always there to guide me,
It's in my heart and in my soul,
Leading me to the ultimate goal!

You can try your best, this might be fun,
You'll go down to defeat before you've begun!

Pokémon Advanced Battle!
Every move, each attack you choose,
You think you can win but you always lose!

Oh-oh-oh! Advanced Battle!
I'm unbeatable!

Woo! The first time they've added new lyrics since 4Ever! The music itself is no different, but it's the best opening they've had in a while.

The closing is a heck of an improvement over the past ones, too. Cele-B-R-A-T-E? I kept hoping it was the end and then they'd hit rewind and repeat it! This Side of Paradise? Too happy. Heroes's Johto medley? A JOKE. Make a Wish? (Okay, that one was cool.) The closing credits actually remind me of the way the movies were back when they were still in theatres. The last movie (and the last dubbed product at all) by 4Kids goes out in quality and style, the same way they came in... :'(

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Partially agree. I really loved the Johto remix, especially "You & Me & Pokemon"'s bit. Hearing that - remixed of all things - after so many years hit me hard... like the corny sap I am :p

STILL... Make A Wish is what pwnz 'em all IMO. Maybe the Japanese lyrics and English ones have little to do with one another (or so I've been told - I haven't actually read the Chiisaki mono translations), but that song is

I partially agree with "Destiny Deoxys" having "This Side of Paradise". I liked it, but it didn't seem to fit. Couldn't we have had some sci-fi themed song instead?

I also liked the Pokemon-themed constilations during "Make a Wish". Oddly enough, the song itself reminded me of the "Rainbow Road" themes from the "Mario Kart" series for some reason...

As for "Lucario and the Mystery of Mew", I wanted to hear the song Hi Hi Puffy Ami Yumi had for the Japanese version.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Well, finally watched the DVD, thus finally heard the ending ;) (Couldn't hold out hearing "Unbeatable" that long, tho XP).

As far as song quality goes, I'd probably place it on par with Cele-B-R-A-T-E - which, for that matter, I happen to like quite a bit. Make a Wish is still better, tho. Now I'm going to download this latest ending and listen to it a few times over, just to get a better feel for it ^^

Can definitely agree with one of your statements, QQ. 4Kids went out on a high note with this release. Still my favourite Pokemon movie to date :)

Oh, and for the record... The extended "Unbeatable" has grown on me ^^;;