• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Lots of awesome Pokemon links from Kotaku.com

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I've had these links open in my browser for weeks now, waiting for 'Charms to be back :).

Database linked to this on #pokecharms: The Everything Disease: A Forensic Analysis of the Popularity of Pokemon. It's about this strange promotional event called the "Pokemon Stamp Rally" which happens every August in Tokyo. It's a very long article, but well worth reading.

Pikachu, In Awesome Custom Van Form. Apparently this is an actual van which someone owns in real life. The photo came from the blog kimonobox, and there's a photo of a Pikachu car here. Squee.

Did you know that there are two Pokemon-branded X-ray machines? A comment on that page explains why small-child-friendly X-ray machines are useful .

Be jealous. Japan has the most amazing Pokemon merchandise. On #pokecharms last night, several of us, who are technically and legally adults, found ourselves wanting the Play-Doh machine. I am also ridiculously cuted by the Pikachu sponges, but am uncertain what they're useful for (shaped sponges tend to fall apart very quickly).

While you're feeling jealous, there's also The Limited Edition Pokemon World Champs DSi. I WANT ONE! Shame that the DSi has region locking...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
First off... That Pikachu Van is EPIC. Better than the beetles. Looks like it's about ready to transform and roll out 8D

Second... I want to live in that toy store. Or one of the Japan Pokemon Centers. Either would suit me. ALL THE FIGURES! And... Heatran plushies! GODS do I want a Heatran plushie now. They're adorable! ;___;

I must admit I only skimmed the first link because the novel of text was overwhelming, but does anyone feel like picking out choice quotes? XD

Lastly... I thought the Pokemon jets were the best things ever, but I don't think even they can top Pokemon X-ray machines. If someone at random told me "Y'know, some X-ray machines are adorable" I'd smile and nod. But no. Those X-ray machines? They've made me a believer. I want a model Pokemon X-ray machine for my collection.

Awesome links, Bara. I love Kotaku news XD

i love it all! i wish they made the sky-min plush cuter though, it looks mean.

anyway, if I'm ever in japan, I'm getting one of those play-do things for my future children. i always tried to craft pokemon out of play-do when i was little.