• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Look to Improve (Need help Roleplaying? Step into my office c: )

Status
Not open for further replies.
[size=8pt]With the new Roleplay quality enforcements in place, I think a new Newbie board is needed. I know MSDL made a board like this earlier, but unfortunately it died rather quickly because she too has a life outside of Charms and needs to tend to that.

I, having contracted Mononucleousis (a really dumb and lengthy illness) do not. I've been home sick for a month and will probably not be back into my natural flow until about February. So I'm taking up the task of making a board for people who are brand new to roleplaying or who think they still have room to improve.

This board was created for people who want somewhere to practice before they start joining other long-term roleplay threads, or going out and creating their own. I know that people don't improve their writing overnight- it took me almost four years to get where I am right now and even still, I know that I am not the greatest roleplayer in the world.
But I'm good enough to make this board, which is good enough for me P:

If any old roleplayers want to join just to scrape off the rust, or to help me with this board please don't hesitate to join. I'm willing to PM all the people who join, and give them tips on how they can make their next post even better. So by joining, you're giving me consent to do so.
On the contrary, if in your first post you say that you don't want me to PM you then I will respect that. Only if I really and truly believe that there is something you could do to make your roleplaying better will I contact you directly.

A note to experienced roleplayers: I will actually need your help. I'm not afraid to admit that. Please PM me if you're interested in giving me a hand with this particular aspect of the board.

Now, I know that after reading everything written here some people may feel a little intimidated (I certainly would, but that's mostly just my nature).
Let me assure you now- I don't bite. Really.
At most and in the worst case scenario, I may try to gum you to death.
But you needn't worry C:

I'll say it again- This board is designed for people who are not confident in their writing, and want to improve. Do not be shy about posting here :B

Nobody can start out writing and be amazing at it just because they want to. (Unless you're me. Hurrhurrhu- *brick'd*)
I kid, I kid.
See?
I'm an average human bean, just like you :3
And I need to be criticised so that I can learn to become better. If any of you have suggestions for me, well, have at it. This is a board completely open for opinions and suggestions.

Now, getting down to business- Before we get started I'll post a few hints and tips for anyone thinking of joining;

Follow the Roleplaying Forum Rules. To the letter.
They will be your bible here, and they are set into place for a reason.

Lists are baaaaaaaaaaaddddd.
No one wants to see this-

Name: Biggles McFannyduff
Appearance: Big honker nose and teensy little eyes and paper thin lips and--

No. The only place that this style belongs is in the Mainstream PRP Character Bios frum, where it is preferred so readers don't have to read through a hundred pieces of descriptive writing to understand a person's character.
About the style itself.. Not only does this person sound dreadfully unattractive, but the style of writing isn't very pretty either, is it? It would be much nicer if everything was described fluently, with a setting slapped on as well. That way we all know that Biggles McFannyduff is walking in an underground utopia, and not drowning in Lake Verity.

Senses. We use them, and so do our characters.
Keep in mind that using the five senses (or six if you're awesome like that) is a good way to build up your description. Telling up what the character sees will tell us where they are, which is a staple for descriptive writing. But delving a bit deeper- If you tell us that the air is crisp and fresh, and there are pidgeys chirping in the large oak tree to your left, then we get a better vision and can even begin to add on, perhaps stating that there are also ratatta having a squealing match in some shrubs up ahead. Things like this make the roleplay more real, and therefore more entertaining.
But you don't need to tell us that your character can taste the rough bark of the tree with the pidgeys on it, because, well.. We don't go around licking trees just to test our senses. So keep it real, yah?

Be Real
Well, this is already mentioned in the roleplaying rules but I'd like to add on to it.
Not everyone is a stunning supermodel. Or, if they are, you shouldn't have to tell us.
We don't want to hear about how a filler character swoons at yours when they walk past, because we certainly aren't going to have our characters do the same just because you say so. And it certainly doesn't help if you blatantly state that your character is unnaturally good looking. If anything, it will only agitate the creator of the board into banning you from that particular roleplay. And you don't want that.
But if your character really is an attractive person, tell us why. Do they have a slim nose? Is it their eyes? Their smile? What?
But keep in mind, no one is perfect. It's incredibly unlikely to have a winning smile, a button nose, dark eyes, italian skin, thin eyebrows etc. all on the same person.
Keep all this in mind and do yourself a favor :3

-------------------------------------

ooc| Now, with all that out of the way, let's get onto why you're here. For the sake of simplicity we'll have everyone starting their journey at home, and they can all make their way over to Professor Oak's lab. That's right- the setting is in Kanto. Now, because I really don't want people arguing over starters, we'll have all three from all four regions. So you'll have choices ranging from all twelve starter pokemon. And there will be multiples of each one, so when you pick a certain type it isn't ruled out.
I'm going to create an entirely new character specifically for this roleplay, and I'll be using Professor Oak as well. So without furthur ado, I'll get the ball rolling :3

Pallet Town have never really been considered a center of commerce in Kanto. The main attraction was the town's pokemon lab, run by the infamous Professor Oak. An accomplished pokemon researcher, he was known in Kanto for his work, but recognised worldwide as the 'radio haiku guy'.
Something that had never really played a great factor in the man's resume, as far as his hometown was concerned. It was of little significance though, because the fresh faces that journeyed to his lab every year usually paid this little heed.
One of these faces in particular had stayed in the Kanto region for almost two years, having come back to work with the professor after just ten months.

Kevin Dais, a now-13 year old boy who showed a passion for studying pokemon in their wild habitats. He had indeed started his journey some months ago, but after a short while he and his pidgey had returned to the professor with a belt full of pokemon. He was always small for his age, being a good six inches shorter than most boys. He knew at the start of his journey that he could never be an accomplished trainer- he didn't have the same strength that Oak's grandson and his rival had exerted.
But it wasn't until his first encounter with a wild pokemon that he discovered how truly fascinating these creatures were- the way that they lourished in their homes, how they managed to fend for themselves day and night, the secrets that they must know.. It was what really drove him to explore the whole of Kanto, though on more than one occasion when he had encountered his cousin Belle he had been treated to a learning experience- watching a pokemon's lucid movements in battle and the use of it's power.. He had even watched his tiny bird pokemon evolve when the girl had taken the two of them out for a special training session. It must have been then that he decided researching these marvelous creatures was definitely for him.
Since that fateful day, he and is now-pidgeotto have been assisting Oak in his extensive lab, ocasionally going out to capture pokemon to serve as starters for new trainers.

This year had been special though.
He had only gone out with the professor once or twice when the old man suggested that they begin collecting pokemon from other regions to serve as starter pokemon. The idea sounded absurd at first, but as the professors in each region agreed on the idea and began sending over multiples of grass, fire, and water types, Kevin too began to realise what an oppourtinuty this would provide.

And the day had finally arrived.
Rolling over the date with a magnificent sunrise, the sky was clear and bright, making the homes and buildings in the town seem all the more splendid. The glass of the windows twinkled merrily in the fresh sunlight much like the faces of the town's inhabitants.
Greeting every one that he passed, the boy made his way to the lab, with an uncanny skip in his step.
The morning light made his young skin glow, illuminating the rosiness in his cheeks and the green of his eyes. His dark hair shone, setting off the red of his shirt and the blue of his jeans. A simple outfit, but neater than his usual suit of ripped shorts and a tattered top, all of it tainted from working out in the field.
The atmosphere being humid as it was could not have been the source of the bumps on his arm. Rather, the adrenaline and excitement pumping through out his system brought them on as compensation for him keeping a steady pace as he made his way to the lab, grinning his little-boy smile as he approached the front doors.
The metal handle was cool to the touch, and the doors swung open soundlessly.
Cool tile floors and whitewashed walls gave the lab a clean, pristine look.
However, the gleaming pokeballs set on the table made the rest of the room disappear, the smooth red color of the capsules commanding attention.
There were twelve rows, separated into four groups of three as if representative for each region. All of the balls glistened in the hopes of being chosen, each exactly the same as the last but different in the aura it presented.

A voice broke through the boy's thoughts and he turned to face the professor himself, standing straighter than normal and in a pressed white labcoat. The old man's eyes twinkled as he smiled, tiny crevices appearing at the corner of his mouth and eyes when he did so. His skin was dark and his hair greying, but he had always seemed younger at heart.
"Good morning Kevin. I can tell you're just as excited as I am, your eyes are smiling much in the same way they do when we find a new pokemon."
The boy flushed, but kept his silly grin all the same.
"How could I not be? I'm looking forward to seeing all the new trainers. They do have quite a surprise in store for them."
A chuckle from the professor, though to the boy it sounded like a tired sort of laugh. He must have been up late preparing the lab for visitors, and prepping the pokemon that waited patiently in their balls.
"I should have guessed. Now, I told you that you could have a pokemon too, did I not?"
He must not have, because the look of shock that swept the boys face was genuine.
"Professor, I don't need another pokemon, I have all of Kanto to find one if I need it."

At this point, a knowing look crossed Oak's face as he took a pokeball from a table separate from the others.
"I know. But it's clear that you had bonded with this one since it's capture. I couldn't let it go to a stranger when it was already so attached to you. Here."
Stunned, Kevin took the ball from the professor's hands, feeling how warm the capsule had gotten from sitting in Oak's palms for just a moment.
Turning the front of the ball away from him, the metal cap sprung open and the pokeball's signature red matter leapt from withing it, slowly taking shape into a small orange pokemon. Turning promptly on it's heel to face the boy, the pokemon emitted a happy cry.
"Charr!"
Giving a laugh of the same demeanor, Kevin dropped to his knees to go eye-to-eye with the firey little pokemon.
"You know, my cousin had a charmander like you. He's all grown up now. I think he'd like to meet you."
The pokemon gave another gleeful growl, and held up it's arms to it's trainer as if requesting an embrace.
Granting the creature's request, the boy scooped the pokemon into his arms and beamed up at the professor.
"Thank you. I think I'll keep him out so he can meet all the other trainers."
The man smiled and nodded his approval, digging his hands into the pockets of his lab coat.
"That's perfectly fine. Speaking of which, I believe the first few should be arriving soon."

ooc| Aaaaaaand.. This is where you guys come in :3
You don't need to worry about making it lengthy, a couple of paragraphs will suffice. If you're having trouble with detail, try looking over the many guidelines around the forums and see if you can add on. They'll be a great help to you, I'm sure c:[/size]

(I'm not exactly the newest person here but my skills are still a little bit rusty. I might have a go.)

Lan awoke from an uneasy slumber. The 10-year old boy had barley slept at all last night, he was too excited about what was going to happen the next day. Jumping out of bed, he eagerly combed his dark blonde hair (barely), dressed in his white T-shirt, his red jacket (slightly unzipped), and a pair of worn out jeans. He grabbed his belt where he would be keeping his pokeballs and practically leapt down the stairs to the kitchen, and opened the kitchen door. Inside were his mother and father, his father was sitting at the table reading the newspaper while his mother was cooking something on the stove.

Lan sniffed, "Eggs, bacon, and sausage?" He asked his mother.

"Yes indeed Lan. Alexis will be down in a moment." His mother answered with a smile.

Lan almost groaned, Alexis was his sister, and she was also starting her pokemon journey today. Right on cue, the sound of hurried steps dashing down the stairs marked her arrival. The kitchen door suddenly burst open behind him.

"Hi everybody! Oh, what's that smell?" Alexis said. She wore a bright yellow dress and her brown hair was pulled into two pigtails.

"Breakfast." Lan replied simply and sat down.

Alexis turned to him and was about to say something, but stopped and stared at his hair, which stuck up in every direction known to man. "Wow. How much hair gel did you go thruogh to make your hair like that?" She asked.

"None." Lan replied and looked at the plate his mother set before him. He picked up his forked and hurridly gulped down his breakfast with Alexis, and began to head out the door. "Bye mom! Bye dad!" He and Alexis shouted and waved at their house. Their parents called their goodbyes after them and both began half-running, half-jogging down the road. A few wild pokemon were scattered here and there, but the to soon to be trainers took no notice.

"Hey look! There it is!" Alexis shouted, pointing to the building that was Professor Oak's lab in the distance.

[size=8pt]ooc| ^^ Hey Rosie, good to see you again.

Pacing the polished floors of the lab was a good way to eliminate any other distractions, leaving his mind clear for thinking.
It also provided a source of amusement for the firey lizard pokemon as it tumbled clumsily over his own feet to keep pace with his new trainer.

After a minute or so, the boy stopped abruptly and brushed his hair out of his face, eyes sparkling with enthusiasm as he peered out the window to watch as who he assumed to be the first two trainers of the day started to grow in the distance.
The sudden stop was enough for the young pokemon at his feet to collide with the back of his knee- the momentum it had created by running back and forth behind the boy was too much to cut off so soon.
The end result of the collision had the boy and his pokemon sprawled on the floor of the lab both dazed and wondering just what had actually happened.
The professor, having heard to ruckus from the next room peered out to survey the damage.
"Are you two alright?"

The boy flushed as he pulled himself to his feet, scooping the charmander up from the floor and cradling him in the crook of his elbow.
"Yeah, I just saw some trainers coming and stopped and Charm ran into my leg and we fell."
Even his words seemed to be stumbling over each other, one of Kevin's traits that made Oak laugh.
"You've given him a nickname then? Very good, you two will become very close in no time at all."
At his words, the two young faces exchanged wry grins, and turned back to the professor as he continued.

"Now what's all this about new trainers?"[/size]

Ooc: Yeah, it's good to see you too.

Lan and Alexis stood outside the doors of Professor Oak's lab. "Shall we?" Lan asked and Alexis pushed open the door. The place seemed empty except for the Professor watching a boy and a Charamander sprawled on the white floor.

"Hey Professor Oak!" Alexis greeted him cheerfully, giving him a wave. Lan however, was eyeing the twelve (now eleven I guess) pokeballs on their tables.

"Why do you have so many pokeballs here?" He asked, going over to the second table and picking one up.

[size=10pt]The professor beamed at the siblings upon recognition- and promptly excused himself once he had realised there was still a vacant spot on the table.
"Good morning to you too Alexis, and you Lan. I'm sorry to jump out so suddenly, but I'll just be a moment. Excuse me."
Hurrying into the room he had just emerged from, Oak vanished into the store room with his lap coat whipping at his ankles as he went.
Leaving Kevin with the two trainers, the boy gave a shy grin.
"Professor would have just gone to fill up that space" he explained, pointing at the gap between two pokeballs close to the end.
"Welcome, I'm Kevin. I help out the professor at the lab. We have a bit of a surprise for all the new trainers today-You'll be able to choose from four different fire, water, and grass types. Professor Oak spoke to other professors from other regions, so this time we'll have twelve different pokemon for you to choose from."
As he finished speaking, Oak himself returned with another gleaming pokeball in his hand.
"There we are. Now, we have a special surprise for you today-"
"I already told them professor."
The man turned to look at Kevin, and quickly turned back to face Lan and Alexis.
"Ah. Very well then- Feel free to choose your pokemon then. As soon as you have your starter, I'll give you your pokedexes and pokegear, special from Johto as a gift from Professor Elm."
The two lab workers grinned sheepishly as they waited for the two to make their choice, Kevin's own charmander wriggling enthusiastically in his arms.[/size]

"Okay." Lan said, he looked at the pokeball he held in his hand and opened it.

"Totodile!" A blue pokemon suddenly leapt out and almost bit Lan's hand off.

"Whoa!" Lan shouted, drawing his hand back from the biting pokemon.

"Awwww! It's so cute!" Alexis squealed. Lan turned to see that his sister had a red and yellow bird thing in her arms.

"Torchic! Torchic!" The bird happily chirpped and ruffled its feathers.

"Well it's good to see you to getting along." Lan said as he turned back to the Totodile, which was now searching his pockets for something to chew on.

[size=8pt]The charmander wriggling in his grasp, Kevin gingerly set him on the floor to examine the two starters as his trainer began to describe the two that the siblings had chosen.
"Totodile is Johto's water type starter, and, admittedly, a bit of a handful. But they make great companions if you're travelling alone, or with your sister. And that," he turned to stand by the younger girl as he began, a grin creasing his mouth. "That Torchic is Hoenn's fire type starter. They're adorable, aren't they? Very lively too, they're very easy to bond with."

Oak watched the boy assisting the two trainers and couldn't resist a smile.
He was learning quickly- He'd make a good doctor himself one day.
Which was precisely why he'd regret sending the boy off to restart his pokemon journey. But it was necessary.
He returned to the store room to get two replacement pokeballs for the Totodile and Torchic the two newcomers had claimed, running a list of necessary appliances and goods the boy would need.

Back in the other room, Kevin had moved to one of the shelves and retrieved a moderately sized cardboard box, it's contents shuffling inside as he tucked it under one arm and made his way back to the trainers.
"Have you come up with nicknames for them?"[/size]

"Well, my Torchic's name should be something nice. So I thought Tori." Alexis said, scratching the Torchic on its head.

Oh that's so original. Lan thought sarcastically. "My Totodile's gonna be known as Riptide." He said, the newly dubbed Riptide jumped up and down enthusiastically. Apparently it had found a few crackers in Lan's pocket and was now muching on the tasty sack.

"Riptide? Well you always do choose tough sounding names." Tori said, setting Tori down on the polished floors. "What's that?" She asked as she saw the cardboard box in Kevin's arms.

(( Sorry if its kind of short, just making an unofficial introduction of sorts. ))

-=CRASH=-

The sound of the door slamming open against the interior wall of the laboratory interrupted the conversation amongst the new trainers.

[size=8pt]"This box contains an assortment of Pokegears- They will be a great help to you while you're out-"
THe sudden crashing noises and screams of panic severed his words, leaving him looking dumbfounded as a boy came tumbling into the lab and ducked behind one of Professor Oak's pokemon-restoration machines like the ones seen at the Pokmeon Centers.
"Uh.."
He felt his mouth go dry as a quartet of very angry looking beedrill made their way into the lab and began to hunt around for the boy.
Unfortunately for them, they had little-to-no patience and gave up their hunt, turning their anger on himself and the two new trainers.

It was one of those 'What Would so-and-so Do?' sort of moments.
For Kevin, So-and-so would have to be Oak himself or his cousin.
Though in these cases Oak would probably take the time to examine the flight patterns of the pokemon in their angered state.
Ha.. No.
As if to prove his theory, the professor had taken his place at the desk on the other side of the room, his fingers moving furiously over the keyboard. Noticing the boy's quick glance around the room, Professor Oak gave the boy a funny little smile and paused to watch his reaction.

He was trying to keep a straight face, but somewhere in the depths of his mind he could feel his brain forming strange chains of profanity to try and control the sudden anxiety that had overcome him.

"Well.. I think this would be a good time to test out your battling abilities."
Turning to look at the spot where the yellow-haired boy had disappeared, he called out to him-
"You! Grab one of the pokeballs on the table- we at a disadvantage at the moment."
Four angry bug pokemon versus three inexperienced trainers did make a disadvantage, even if two of the trainers had fire pokemon at their command.[/size]

Lan blinked for a moment at what had just happened, but then his face melted into a smile. "Alright! Riptide! Let's teach these six-legged liabilties a lesson!" Riptide yelled happily and leapt forward and face the four angry Beedrill.

"Tori! Let's see how you do on your first battle!" Alexis said and put her Torchic down, who immdiatly rushed forward to stand by Riptide's side.

"Now let's see...Riptide, use Scratch!" Lan shouted, seeing what kind of attacks his Totodile had.

"Tori, you do the same!" Alexis yelled to her pokemon.

[size=8pt]Kevin felt his face contorting into a grin at the spectacle the siblings were making. They were very enthusiastic about the situation, whch certainly lightened the mood a fair bit.
Exchanging a glance with the charmander at his side, he nodded and watched the little orange pokemon waddle out onto the 'field'.
"Remember guys, if your pokemon has a type advantage it's good to use it. Charm, use Ember on.. That one."
He extended a finger to point out the beedrill closest to is pokemon, and upon hearing the command the charmander let fly a beam thick with tiny orange flames that began to pummel the bug type.

If anything, the small swarm was becoming more and more infuriated.
The attacks were taking their toll, but the pokemon were still young and these bugs were old hands on the scene.
It was bound to become quite the experience.

ooc| Just a general note for you guys- Keep in mind that the beedrill, or any pokemon for that matter, do respond and retaliate. It'd be a bit suspicious if they just buzzed around taking the attacks until they fainted, so make sure you tell us what they do when you start inflicting damage on them c:[/size]

Ooc: I was planning to do that anyway.

Riptide launched himself into the air and extended his claws, the Beedrill saw him coming and buzzed to the right, causing Riptide to land only on the tiled floor.

"Darnit. Riptide, try Bite!" Lan shouted. Riptide launched himself into the air again, but this time his jaws successfully latched onto one of the Beedrill's stingers.

Tori on the other hand was in a little trouble, the Beedrill had not been so quick to dodge her attack. It had turned at the last moment and its body had avoided damage, but its wings took all of the attack and now half on them were in shreds. Now this Beedrill wasn't just angry, it was pissed off. It drew back its stinger and charged at Tori at full speed. She quickly tried to avoid it, but it still grazed her side, causing her to spin madly through the air and into a pile of equipment.

However, if there was one Beedrill that could be angier than this one, it would be the one with a Totodile latched on one of its stingers. It let out not a screech of pain, but fury (it still hurt though.) It waved its stinger around madly, trying to shake the blue pokemon off. But Totodiles had one of the most powerful jaws in the pokemon world, not even a crowbar could pry their jaws open. The Beedrill was even more frustrated, and now was trying to bang their stinger against the wall in a desperate attempt to loosen Riptide's grip.

(( Sorry, I'll try to post a little more often/sooner ))

[size=8pt] The savage sounds of the beedrills flight, left poor Cuthbert paralyzed with fright. He heard the other trainers taking almost immediate actions as they wielded their own pokemon against the quartet of querulous insects. Unfortunately for him, his plan of blending safely into the background ended in a flaming failure as one bee in particular crashed through a table of poke balls, sending them towards Cuth. Almost instantaneously the berserk bee noticed the very boy that had kicked over their brethren kakuna in Viridian Forrest. It had taken him a bit of time and distance to locate the kid and there was no way in hell this bumble bee was going to let him get away scott-free.

Cuthbert

[size=8pt]ooc| Hurr :B Not a problem, we recognise that you have a life outside of Charms. And, for the record, the short bout of poetry at the beginning of your post made me giggle.
Also, for the sake of progress- and saving Cuthbert's life (C: ) I'm going to temporarily introduce my other, more experieced character. Mostly because I think, realistically, everyone's hands are too full with their own beedrill to try and tackle two, and because I think it would be good for a little mentoring before they set off.
My thread, my rules }D
Anyway, she'll be staying behind with Oak so she isn't a permanent addition. Feel free to bring up your own characters at any point as well, as long as it suits the context.

The beedrill before him was smoking- Literally and figuratively. The smaller fire pokemon had spewed a great deal of flames at the bug, and it had started to weaken it. But, it wasn't really enough to take him down, and the charmander was getting tired.
It was a real shame the professor didn't really have any pokemon suited for battling in the lab.
It was also a shame that the beedrill had taken their formation in such a way that it blocked their exit however they had tried it.

On the contrary, that wasn't to say that it was going to stop anyone from getting in the establishment.
The beedrill making a quick advance on the blond boy huddled behind the machinery made a sudden drop from the sky, as if something hard had beaten it down with a blow to it's back.
Which, really, wasn't too far off the mark.
As the bug fell, a second pokemon with the same golden yellow color as, well, Cuth's hair, became visible. It landed gingerly on the table itself with tail held high as the steely silver color began to fade away. A triumphant flurry of sparks erupted from the bright red spots on either cheek as it took up a battle-ready stance where it stood. It's green eyes flickering from the boy to elsewhere, it turned on it's heels to watch the three trainers behind it holding their own against the three remaining pokemon.
With the pikachu's attention averted, a girl, who couldn't have been more than a few years older than the dark-haired boy, stooped beside Cuth and grabbed his wrist.
"Kid, are you okay?"
Her voice was earnest, though her eyes were alight with passion. One could have assumed that it was the battling that really gave her a rush, and they may very well have been right.
But it was hard to determine just what was racing around under those brown curls.

Her pikachu had since taken her attention from the battling trainers, opting to hunt around for the beaten fire-monkey instead.
It took two bounds for her to reach the bookshelf, with the silver bell fastened to her tail singing it's praises all way.

With the danger bested (somewhat), Oak himself had also taken his place beside the boy, though a smile had battled it's way onto his face.
"Good to see you Belle. And you," He knelt down beside Cuth, "Where is your pokemon?"[/size]

Ooc: Really? Cool. I might bring in my most inexpierenced trainer then, just so that they won't have a super-powerful person on the team XD. She'll come later though. But she does have quite good pokemon, wait, let me rephrase that. She has pokemon that would evolve into quite good pokemon, so almost all of them are in their basic forms.

Lan stared at the knew arrivement, a girl that was a few years older than him had appeared and had taken out the only Beedrill that didn't have itself busy with a pokemon.

Speaking of which...

It was suprising that Riptide had not loosened his grip on the Beedrill even with the continous beatings against the wall. It was also suprising that the Beedrill hadn't blown a blood vessel from all the rage it was in. The yellow and black pokemon had now resorted to trying to slam the crocodile pokemon against anything availible, walls, floor, ceiling, random equipment etc. The force of the blows and the number of blows was now making Riptide's head buzz with pain, his vision swam. He opened his jaws a little bit, just a centimeter. That centimeter was a huge mistake. The Beedrill took advantage of this and swund its stinger at full force, flinging the small pokemon off and crashing against a desk. Riptide tried to stand up but it felt like something was taking a hammer to his head every time he moved. That was actually not far from what the Beedrill was about to do. The bug pokemon new its opponent wasn't going anywhere, and it advanced menacingly.

Tori had shaken off the equipment that had fallen on her, and faced the Beedrill bravely. It pulled back its stinger and charged again.

"Tori! Try to dodge it!" Alexis yelled at the small bird.

At the last moment, Tori bunched up her powerful legs and sprang. The Beedrill was too close to turn and slammed strainght into the wall, it was dazed for a moment but it got back up and tried to fly towards Tori. There was one problem though. Its stinger was stuck. When it crashed into the wall, the stinger had stabbed straight through it, and now only half of the stinger was protruding out. The Beedrill gave a tug, the stinger didn't budge. It tried again only harder, it didn't move.

"Alright! Tori, finish it off with Ember!" Alexis shouted.

The Beedrill buzzed madly and was now pulling furiously at its stinger, which just flatly refused to move. However, Tori ran forward and opened her beak, releasing a jet of tiny red hot flames that pummbled the Beedrill's body and wings.

OOC: I'm using this because another topic I was in was locked because of me, so I just need practise. And want to test out a new character.

BIC: Splash climbed out of the water and sat on a rock. He had swam with the Remoraid all the way from the Seafoam Islands to Pallet Town soely so he could recieve his dream starter Pok

Alexis stared in confusion at the person who had just left. Well you could've at least stayed to help us! she thought angrily. But at least the Beedrill Tori spewed fire on had flown out the door, it had finally gotten its stinger loose, but it probably took down half the wall first. Tori happily chirped as she jumped up and down, making high-pitched chirping noises of delight.

A crash suddenly brought her to her senses and she turned around. She gasped at what she saw. One of the Beedrill had taken Riptide and slammed him against a wall. Where is Lan?! She thought and right on cue, her brother leaped forward.

"I can't take this! Riptide, return!" He shouted holding out his pokeball, which a beam of red light shot out and surrounded the Totodile, which seemed to suddenly dissolved into the same red matter and shoot back into the pokeball. The Beedrill buzzed angrily and turned to Lan, furious that it had been robbed of its prey.

OOC: I'm not new to RPing, but, well, most of them have been little friendly things I did to kill time. So skill obviously wasn't our main target. Anyway.

Tina walked in, cautiously adjusting her sun hat. She had heard the noise, and was rather worried, but still desperately wanting a pokemon. Then she noticed the Beedrills, to which she respondedby less cautiously running behind the desk, grasping a random pokeball and calling it out, missing the button twice due to her nerves. "Turtwig!" Was the Turtle pokemon's call as it came out, clueing her in on which pokemon she had just accepted. "T-turtwig, is it?" Tina asked, and Turtwig nodded the affirmative. "Turtwig, see those beedrills? I want you to tackle one. Any one." She ordered, clearly getting too caught up in the heat of the moment to give him a real order. The Turtwig nodded again,  rushing out and attempting to tackle the Beedrill going after Lan, missing, but attracting the beedrill's attention.

OOC: I've always been TERRIBLE at paragraphing.  And introducing characters while giving their appearance. and detailed RPing in general. Still, this oughta be a unique learning experience for me.

"What the-" Lan asked as he saw a Turtwig make a failed attempt at trying to slam into the Beedrill that was now very angry with him. When its head was turned he jumped behind an upturned desk, hidden from the Beedrill's view. The Beedrill saw that he was gone, and decided to go for the Turtwig. Lan breathed a sigh of relief, he was about to stand up when his hand hit something. It was one of Kevin's cardboard boxes, it had been turned over to reveal that poitions of all sorts had spilled out and now many were on the floor. One in partucular caught his eyes however. He picked it up and read the label: REVIVE POTION.

Lan smiled and peered closer at the label and read its effects. [size=7pt]"Revives a fainted pokemon."[/size] It read it fine print. Lan instantly plucked a pokeball from his belt and opened it. Suddenly an unconcious Riptide lay sprawled on the floor. Lan picked up Riptide and uncorked the glass bottle, Riptide's mouth was slightly open and Lan poured as much of the poition as he could down his pokemon's throat. "Come on Riptide. Wake up!" Lan whispered.

Alexis saw that the newcomer was in trouble and instantly went to her defense. "Tori! Use Scratch!" She shouted and once again, Tori launched herself into the air at the Beedrill.

Tina poked her head over the desk, and saw a Torchic attempt to help Turtwig, aswell as Turtwig running from the enraged Beedrill. "Turtwig! Stand your ground!" she ordered, causing Turtwig to skid to a halt and wait for the Beedrill to come to him, attempting to give Tori an easier target. As the Beedrill slowed his pursuit and assumed an offensive pose, a dozen thoughts filled Tina's head. "Let's hope this works..." She thought nervously.

OOC: I'm assuming the beedrill are male. And yes I realize that's a nitpicky thing to worry about.

Ooc: I guess.

The Beedrill was too preoccupied with chasing the Turtwig to relize that a Torchic was about the land on him. It would've been better for him if he knew. Tori was too close to miss and landed right on the Beedrill's back, she then began scraping its body furiously with her claws.

Meanwhile, Lan still held an unconciouss Riptide in his arms. Suddenly, the pokemon made what sounded like a cough and opened his eyes. Lan smiled, "Good to see you awake buddy." He said. Riptide blinked, then suddenly jumped out of Lan's arms and looked around frantically. "Oh, that Beedrill that was attacking you is a little preoccupied at the moment." Lan explained. Riptide peered out from behind the table and saw the Beedrill making a desperate attempt to shake off Tori.

"Tota! Tota Totodile!" Riptide cried and leapt out from behind the table.

"Wait! Where are you going?" Lan shouted and ran after Riptide. He saw what was happening and sighed. "Well...That Beedrill looks too occupied with Tori to pay any attention to Riptide so...Riptide! Use Water Gun!" He just now relized that his pokemon also had this attack and wondered how it would do. Riptide stood next to the Turtwig and opened his mouth wide, releasing a huge jet of water that hit the Beedrill at full force. It buzzed around madly, its wings were getting soaked and suddenly, the dazed pokemon crashed to the ground, flinging a waterlogged Tori off as it did. I wonder...? Lan thought suddenly. He had just spotted an empty pokeball on the ground next to his foot. He picked it up and threw it. "Go pokeball!" He shouted and the pokeball made contact with the beaten Beedrill, opening up and sucking the Beedrill in with a flash of light.

"You're getting better." Splash said to Piplup. They had just been vigourously training against a load of Tentacruel, and Piplup looked hurt. "Better than I had first thought. But you're still useless. And I don't care for useless Pok

Alexis turned around to see that the boy had returned. At least he came back. But he could've been quicker. She thought.

"Alright!" Lan suddenly shouted, making Alexis turn her head. He was holding a pokeball triumphantly in his hands. His face was a picture of excitment and joy.

"What are you so happy about?" She asked her brother.

"I caught it!"

"Caught what?"

"A Beedrill silly!" He held out the pokeball in front of him, smiling in victory. "I've caught my first pokemon!"

Alexis frowned. He caught a Beedrill? It must have been the one that had three pokemon attacking, she had read that in most cases a Beedrill could escape capture. She looked around and saw that they had driven away all of the Beedrill and one was in her brother's hands.

Ooc: I think they're all gone. I may be wrong.

[size=8pt]ooc| Sorry for not getting back to you guys sooner- I've been out buying christmas presents for the family with my Mum c:
And, yes, I think that's all the beedrill.. If not, then the last one ah.. Ran away P:

Kevin could feel his mouth pulled into a grin as he joined Lan in his rejoicing.
"Congratulations! Lan, was it? That was some quick thinking. Why don't you bring him over here, and we can heal him with the professor's machine- oh!"
While he was speaking, he had stepped around the table to reach the big machine.
Replacing the fallen pokeballs and scooping the contents of cardboard boxes back into their containers as he moved, he'd hardly noticed the three people squatting, sitting, and lying on the ground in front of the restoration machine. As a result, he bumped into the brunette and her pikachu.
"Oh, I'm sorry; I-I should have been watching where I was going."

The girl had lost her balance on the impact, and fallen from sitting on her heels to kneeling. Nothing close enough to even leave her with a bruise, and she was more distracted by the blond on the floor to really notice it anyway. But at his words, she turned to examine the assailant- and grinned at his stunned expression.
"B-Belle?"
A flash of three years of dental work confirmed his suspicions.
"Well, hey there Kev. I had forgotten that you worked here with Oak. Is this boy a friend of yours?"[/size]

(( I should have replied sooner, but I went out rock climbing/hiking with a few buddies. It was awesome and I almost died. ^^ Well, that

"Huh, what? Oh right!" Lan said, remembering Kevin and walked over to the boy with his pokeball still in hand.

Alexis rolled her eyes and began picking up the potions that weren't broken or scattered around, their contents spilling on the floor. Tori chirpped happily and was dragging a cardboard box with her beak. "Oh, thanks Tori!" Alexis said and began laying her potions in it. The box was one of the least damaged things in the lab, even though it did have a huge rip on one side.

"Tota!" Riptide suddenly appeared and tried to gnaw on tthe box.

"Riptide! Go away, the box is already damaged enough without you putting teethmarks in it! Go back to Lan." She gave the Totodile a gentle push, and the blue pokemon quickly scurried away back to his owner's side.

[size=8pt]ooc| Now that Rosa_Rosie has returned, I think we can get back on track ja?
Sorry it's a little jumpy, I'm not feeling too well :/

He hadn't expected such a mess this morning, but it certainly did spice up the week.
Though there was quite a mess to be tended to..
He'd have to enlist Belle as soon as the trainers had left.
"Yes, now that everything has been taken care of, I suppose it's time we prepared you four." Oak grinned down at the boy, wincing only as he felt his knees straining with the effort of pulling himself back onto his feet.

Kevin, who had fallen quiet as the professor had started to speak, looked around the room and made a quick head count. Brows furrowing, he turned back to the professor with a questioning look.
"Professor, there are only three new trainers today."

Ah.. Now, how to tell him.

"Three trainers, plus you, Kevin. You're going to be leaving to restart your journey today. Now, excuse me while I go gett your gear and supplies."

Stunned may have been one word for the look on the boys face, and his cousin could see that plain as day as she too rose from her place beside Cuth. Directing her comments to the boy on the floor, she had to suppress a relieved smile as she extended a hand t him.
"Here, let me help you up."[/size]

ooc: I hope I'm not too late to join >< but I'll be starting with the kid version of my more experienced character. :]

Charlotte quietly stood up in her comfy bed with a yawn, the rays from the sun that streamed from her windows having awoken her, and turned her gaze toward her pokemon decorated calender on the adjacent wall, and saw that today was circled in bright red marker, marking the day that she'd get her first pokemon.

Had it been a week sooner, she would have been filled with glee at the news, and even have a feast of a breakfast from her parents. But it was diffierent now. Now that the house was empty but one person, the day left her a little somber.

She gave a heavy sigh and turned to the snorlax alarm clock on her night stand. "Oh no I'm late!" she gasped and threw the quited sheets off of her and leaped out of bed. With lightning fast speed, she threw her pikachu pajamas off and pulled over her head a black one piece dress that reached to her knees. She brushed her long bronde hair as fast as she could without missing any of her tangels, and put her signiture black bows on the sides of her head. She ran down the stairs and grabbed her messenger bag, ignoring her stomach that pleaded with her to sit and eat something. Once she slipped on her black flats and tied the ribbons at the ankels, she stumbled out of the door and ran toward the professors.

Once she finally reached the front door, still panting from her sprint, her morals came into to play, and of all the times her mother told her that first impressions were everything. And so, she took a deep breath, fixed her hair, and slapped a shy smile on her face. She drew her courage and slowly opened the door to a slight degree, to see if she was not too late.

Ooc: Sooooorrrrrrryyyyyy. I was restricted from the computer.

Lan blinked at what the Professor said. Didn't Kevin already start his journey a few years back? He felt a slight tugging on his pant leg and saw Riptide nibbling on it. Lan smiled and hastily took a cracker pack out of his jacket. He flipped a cracker into the air which was snapped in Riptide's powerful jaws before they were hardly an inch from Lan's finger.

Tori and Alexis turned at the slight creaking of the door opening. It was a young girl, much like herself, she wore a black dress and blonde hair. Alexis took a quick glance at the others. Apparently they had not noticed the new arrival, but then a again she was the closest one to the door. Alexis stood up and faced the girl. "Hi," she introduced herself, "are you here for your pokemon too? My name is Alexis." She quickly fumbled around her mind for an explantion, "Um...well..You see, the lab would, um, look a lot better but we, uh, sort of had an encounter with a bunch of angry Beedrill." She hastily explained, her words tripping over themselves.

ooc: thats ok =3

Suddenly feeling self-conscious from what she thought was an incredibly loud creaking of the door, she was surprised that only one person had noticed her right away, though she was personally glad that only she noticed her, since she has never fancied being the center of attention.

Feeling more welcomed however, she stepped the rest of the way through the door and closed it behind her. She gave a meek smile to the girl who appeared to be the same age as she. "Hello Alexis, and yes I am here for my first pokemon too" she replied politely and turned her attention toward the room that seemed to have experienced a hurricane encounter, though it was only by Beedrills. "I see..." she commented and turned back to Alexis. "I am Charlotte by the way, and I hope I am not too late," she said as she cursed herself mentally for her embarrassing blunder.

[size=8pt]"Too late? Of course not, I ah.. Let me just fix this up."
Abandoning the earlier notion to retrieve Kevin's things from the back room, the professor scrambled to the table where the mass of pokeballs were scattered out of order and the like, with numerous pokemon of the same type being grouped together, and others from completely different regions clocking against one another as Oak began to sort them.
It was becoming increasingly difficult to do so, glancing at the labels on the smooth metal of the balls and trying to block out the boy's protests all the while.

"Professor Oak, I already tried my hand at becoming a trainer, Belle tried to help me, Aiden tried to help me, heck, even my youngest cousin Jeremy tried to help me! I'm not meant to be a trainer, I'm a researcher, Professor surely you must be joking."
He continued on in the same fashion, and the professor kept uttering brief responses to keep him occupied.
"Mmm hmm... Yes, I know.. Yes, you said that already.. Duly noted, Kevin.. "
And so on.

Turning away from the frantic yammering and organising, Belle found herself in the presence of another trainer.
Scooping the pikachu from her place on the table's edge, she grinned at the newcomer and felt herself flushing as Alexis explained the recent on-goings.
"Yes, we had a bit of an incident. But not to worry, the pokemon are just fine, safe and sound inside their balls. As soon as the Professor finished organising them, you can take your pick. We have twelve out on the table, as you may have noticed- The other professor's from all the different regions agreed to let us distribute a more vast selection for you this time. If you need to know the names or the types of any of them, feel free to ask myself or one of the boys."
There.
Of course, she'd have to repeat herself if anyone else decided to arrive- and weren't there more trainers in here earlier?
Maybe she was imagining things.

ooc| Everything I've seen so far is a lot better than what I expected from snooping around the forums- Of course most of those boards were deleted, and the creators probably banned by now :/
Where did Sage_of_Horses and Zaptrack get to?[/size]

"Thank you" she obliged after hearing the brief review, and walked over to the table with the rows of neatly organized pokeballs, which seemed to stand out among the choatic mess of the room.

She held her hand out over the pokeballs to reahc for one, though it hung there in hesitance. She had not put much recent thought into what pokemon she would choose, and now that her options were right there before her, she found herself at a loss. There were so many worthy pokemon, and thinking that this choice will effect the course of her pokemon trainer life, she felt even more nervous.

This fact alone caused her mind to race. 'Which one is the right one for me? Will it like me? Will I be a good trainer?' Soon, she thought of what he had said to her, which left her a sharp pang of pain in rememberance of his cold words; of how she would only hold him back, that she in essence would never be as good as him. This frustration, and the desire to prove herself, aroused her courage that had been locked up within her, and she finally clasped in her hand her choice.

She looked at the pokeball in her hand that would soon change her future, and all that it represented, and knew she had chosen wise. She turned the pokeball to the ground. "I choose you, Totodile" she smiled as in a ray of vibrant red light, a sky blue reptile emerged from the beam, and looked up to his new owner with a toothy smile.

Ooc: I don't really know.

Riptide turned swiftly around at the appearance of another Totodile. "Tota?" He asked Lan, cocking his head to one side.

Lan shrugged, "I don't know Riptide." he said. He then noticed his sister talking to another trainer. He was about to go ver when he heard Kevin's explanation of how bad a trainer he is. Lan frowned, maybe this kid just didn't have that skill that most pokemon trainers had. Maybe he was better off as a collector or a breeder, or a researcher like he had just mentioned. But either way it felt good to probably be journeing with a more expierenced person.

Alexis nodded in relief at Belle's explanition. She nodded again at Charlotte, "Nice to meet you Charlotte. That's my brother Lan over there and-oh! You got a Totodile too!" She exclaimed as another reptile pokemon landed expertly on the floor.

"Hello Lan!" She gave a shy wave and smiled at the brother; shes never gotten the hang of being around new people, especially boys, and knew her shyness would sometimes get the best of her, but she did her best to overcome it.

"I see your brother has a Totodile too, that's so neat!" she said as enthusiastic as her softspoken demeanor allowed it. She looked down at her new pokemon, who was already practicing his jaws out on the end of her skirt, but paid no mind. "I think I've already got a name for him too." she blushed a little at the thought of naming him after an actual person. "He's gonna be... Lukas." and at the mention of his new name, Lukas turned instintly up at his owner, and smiled with her skirt fabric still between his razor whites.

She chuckled and poked Lukas square in the forehead, which caused him to suddenly let go of her skirt in reaction, and left him stunned from what he had unintentionally done. "But.." she carried a bit of hesitance in her tone, "maybe Lukas is too plain, it doesnt sound like something you'd typically name a pokemon." she pondered, and in responce Lukas looked offended at being called plain, and stuck his tongue out at his owner, unbeknownst to her.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Dwayna ran towards the lab with a slice of toast in her mouth. She was late, and she knew it.

It didn't help that she wasn't the most graceful person in the world. She managed to trip on the stairs just outside the door. She took this as an opportunity to stuff the rest of the toast in her mouth and gobbled it down as quick as she could.

Dwayna pushed herself up and burst through the lab door, inhaling deeply as she was out of breath. She managed to get enough air in her lungs to speak up to wherever the professor was.

"Sorry I'm late, Professor Oak. I slept through my alarm."

She looked around to see that there were others that already had Pokemon and thought for a few moments before speaking up again.

"I like Fire types the most. I really think that Chimchar is cute, and I know its evolutions. Could I please have one?"

Alexis scrathced her head thoughtfully. "I don't know about a Chimchar. I know a kid called Cuthbert has one, I'll ask Professor Oak if he has another one." She turned and walked over to the Professor who was now frantically sorting the red and white pokeballs. "Um...Professor?" She asked kindly, "One of the new trainers is asking for a Chimchar. Do we have another one?"

Lan forced down a chuckle at the Totodile who stuck its tounge at its owner. "Well, it seems that from the Totodiles we have, I'll say they're kind of a pain."

"TOTA!!" Riptide shouted angrily.

"Kidding, kidding. I didn't really mean it." Lan hastily explained to the furious Riptide.

Dwayna DragonFire

2014 Little Cup Champion
Dwayna looked put out for a few moments. She loved that little monkey. But then an idea came to her head and she managed a slight smile.

"Well, it's perfectly fine if they don't have another one at this current time. I could always get one of the other Fire Pokemon. Personally, if they don't have a Chimchar, I'd like either a Torchic, Cyndaquil or Charmander, respectively."

Dwayna smiled pleasantly at the girl.

"I'm Dwayna, by the way. May I ask your name?"

Kim inhaled her toast. She cunjured two pink scrunchies from her pocket and forced her knotted turquoise hair into two pony tails. She was shaking. While slapping on a pink cap she threw open the front door. Today was the day she was going to get her first Pokemon. She walked towards Prof. Oak's lab nervously. The breeze felt good on her tanned skin. It smelled of cherry blossoms, her favorite flower.
She stood in front of the lab. The sun was now hiding behind a cloud. Kim shivered and tried to relax. She had been thinking about this day for weeks, she planned out exactly what she was going to say. Her magenta eyes were set upon the doorknob. She took a deep breath and turned the doorknob. With a crash the door fell. Everyone's eyes met Kim's.
"I'm sorry!! I'm sorry!! I didn't mean to kill the door it was an accident please don't get mad I didn't mean to! I'm sorry! All came here for is my first Pokemon I didn't mean to break the door, honest! I'm sorry!" Kim was sweating and shaking nervously. She was tearing up. She was clutching her shirt so hard that it created permanent wrinkles. She started sobbing and thinking how stupid she was.
Everyone else in the room was silent. They realized that the beedrill that Riptide was holding onto must have been ramming him against the door. It just so happened that this girl was the one that made the door fall.

OOC~first rp..don't kill me!

(I think the intro was pretty good.)

Alexis walked over to the girl. "Don't be sorry. Earlier a few angry Beedrill attacked the lab so it's only natural that it should look bad. But I'm suprised that door didn't fall sooner." She patted the girl's shoulder, "My name is Alexis by the way. What's yours?"

"Torchic! Torchic!" Tori flapped her small wings as she scurried up her owner's arm and onto the newly arrived trainer. "Torchic." She chirpped, and sat on her shoulder next to Alexis' hand, chirpping in sympathy.

Lan stared at the door and turned to Riptide. "Well I'm not suprised that it broke. After all, that Beedrill probly slammed you against it like, 50 times."

"Totaaaa..." Riptide agreed feeling the bump on his head that was beginning to form after the severe beating he took.

Status
Not open for further replies.