• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

LoN's Signature Shop - Requests closed ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mind if I critique the latest signature? I can already see some room for improvement if you can learn the art of object-source lighting ^.~

Also, I have noticed a certain amount of, I guess, 'hogging' from new, random users asking for requests, and I personally think your idea of using a post limit is reasonable. I mean, if your request list is full of people who will post only once or twice on this forum, they're taking away request time and space from other regular users on this forum.

Hi LoN! I'm back. Damn I suck at sprites now :o. Well i'ma keep trying to finish them! Well, my request.

Image: A Dragon Breathing fire.
Image if I can't find first image: Um, maybe a wizard or something? :o
Text: Above 'Berserker Pure'. Bottom 'Uno Dollar'.
Colour Scheme: Red, Dark, Black
Background: Idk some fire.
Transparent bits: Idk.

flamesofrageepitome.png

I've already mentioned object-source lighting*, which I believe would work better for this, as you could get a much starker contrast on the colours (of course you'd have to re-shade the sprite to fit the sig). I would also have scrapped the flame in the background and perhaps have used the smoke that you used in the Abstract piece.

I do, however, like the text. The use of no-caps but underlining is quite unique, but doesn't come off as you're trying to be unique. Fading it slightly at the one also seems to fit a tad with the flick-up of the flame.

Nice choice of critter as well. I usually think of Salamence being a cold-type dragon, probably because of it's usual colouring, so this quite a nice contrast to that.

*By this I mean the usual light-source, which in this case would be the flame from Sala's mouth if the background flame wasn't there. I usually see object-souce on miniatures, which is slightly harder to do than in GIMP I think :p

Image: A Dragon Breathing fire.
Well that's bloody convenient. You want the Salamence one reworked with your text?

Also, Tatile, feel free to critique on however many signatures you want :p

So... you're suggesting that a starker light emphasis from the flames, am I right? Because I thought I did that :p

You could go a bit more extreme with the shadows, given how close the flame is, also the highlights on the rear of the wing seem a bit odd to me, but then light can act oddly on occasion.

I shall be critiquing on your work from now on! Of course comission composition is sightly different than your random ones because it's to match a person's request.

Yeah LoN. That would work. Salamence one looks ownage :)

Here it is with your name on it...

flamesofrageepitomeforjirachi.png

Code:
[IMG]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x290/LoN_Colossus/Avatars%20and%20Signatures/flamesofrageepitomeforjirachi.png[/IMG]

And just the original if you prefer that.

flamesofrageepitome.png

Code:
[IMG]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x290/LoN_Colossus/Avatars%20and%20Signatures/flamesofrageepitome.png[/IMG]

Slight bump, but hey.

Wallpaper I made for myself, it makes my desktop appear a whole lot neater.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x290/LoN_Colossus/Wallpapers/abstactwallpaper.jpg

Giving a link because its 1280x1024.

You can use it if you want to, I don't mind. Or you can request for one, if you're a regular member here. I'd rather not make such a large image for someone who I don't have a slightest clue who they are :D

[size=5pt]And that last sentence was awfully worded *shot*[/size]

Oh look. It's Tangrow. With his obligatory Tangrowth request. I do believe you have requests open though, right?

Image: Well, as implied, a Tangrowth.
Text: YOU ARE ALL BEAUTIFUL. (Doesn't need to be in all caps, and if you can't do that, if you could just put a Tangrow somewhere that would work. Although I do prefer the first option~)
Colour Scheme and the like: Er, mostly different shades of green. Dark green, light green, whatever floats your boat.
Transparent Bits: I don't believe I need any~

And, um, thank you for your time. And also, with the background computer desktop thing, I enjoy the symettry with it, although the lighting seems a little off to me, and I can't explain why >

And, um, thank you for your time. And also, with the background computer desktop thing, I enjoy the symettry with it, although the lighting seems a little off to me, and I can't explain why ><
I wasn't going for lighting, I just wanted it nice looking :p

And I'll get right on that Tangrowth sig as soon as I can. *Toddles off to find TCG scans*

tangrowthfortangrow.png

Code:
[img]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x290/LoN_Colossus/Avatars%20and%20Signatures/tangrowthfortangrow.png[/img]

Posting it here so you have the code, yet you've seen it in chat already :p

Edit: Round two, Tangrowth has more Tangrowthy colours :)

tangrowthfortangrow2.png

Code:
[img]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x290/LoN_Colossus/Avatars%20and%20Signatures/tangrowthfortangrow2.png[/img]

Kyuuu~!

Thank you so much LoN! Also, I do prefer the second one, as it's less, er, grey. I also love the Tangrowth in the background, as it goes really nicely with the other one , like, with the colors. In general, I love it, and thanks so much for putting both lines I asked for in there.

*Scurries off to put it in his signature*

Glad you like it, Tangrow :D

And this was after installing Gimp 2.6.6, which managed to kill ALL one thousand of my brushes and all my extra plug-ins :(

Nope :) Read the first page. Might consider making this for you in a few weeks at the least.

Also, to the rest of you, got some brushes back and my plug-ins :D

*LoN is happy

No I can't.

Read the first page, as it is said in very LARGE letters at the top of EVERY SINGLE post in this thread, and on the Artworks Forum itself as well.

You've actually broken a rule for the Artworks Forum, Rule one here, by not reading the first page or paying attention to my posts.

I'd get your act together fast if I were you. :-\

Would you have any different images of the same guy? I can't see that working as an image to use, so if there are any more then that'd be useful.

Also, random Glaceon? :p I'll try and sling one in.

Edit:

Spontaneous Meditite. Maybe its using Hidden Power? :D

spontaneousmedispritesig.png

I like the meditite. The lighting and colors really go well together. It does look kind of like hidden power now that you mention it, but it looks like it used flash, and then used psychic to control it to me. I like how you used meditite-y colors. Your really good at making the colors work.

Found where all my lost brushes and plug-ins went, so I'm happy now :D

And I looked at those images, Saya, and I -really- can't see them working at all :-\ I could do a Glaceon on its own if you want?

Whoo, brushes! One of these days I should probably try and a sig from you :p

Also, I'm not a big fan of your Meditite sig. This may in part be due to the sprite being so small (you;ve said before that sprite sigs are different from normal sigs), but the critter doesn't seem to stand out that much, all the focus is drawn to the attack flash in the centre, rather than to Meditite.

[quote author=LoN link=topic=4912.msg103774#msg103774 date=1243695312]

Whoo, brushes! One of these days I should probably try and a sig from you :p[/quote]Go for it! Whenever you want :)

[quote author=Tatile link=topic=4912.msg103778#msg103778 date=1243697244]Also, I'm not a big fan of your Meditite sig. This may in part be due to the sprite being so small (you;ve said before that sprite sigs are different from normal sigs), but the critter doesn't seem to stand out that much, all the focus is drawn to the attack flash in the centre, rather than to Meditite.[/quote]Can't help the size of the sprite, really. That's Nintendo's problem :p

Quite true about the flash though, I can see when I look at it that my eye is drawn away from the Meditite. I'll keep that in mind in future, thats what I get for making a second focal I suppose :p

For Saya, Glaceon's made. With a bonus snowy one! Or as snowy as Gimp can make :p

sayaglaceon.png

Code:
[img]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x290/LoN_Colossus/Avatars%20and%20Signatures/sayaglaceon.png[/img]

sayaglaceonanimated.gif

Code:
[img]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x290/LoN_Colossus/Avatars%20and%20Signatures/sayaglaceonanimated.gif[/img]

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I feel the need for a good old bit of LoN mastery ^^

Image: I'd like a Murkrow and a Manectric in this siggy, possibly Murky on one side, Thundie on the other... or whatever works for you.
Text: Magpie
Colour scheme: Your choice really, I trusts your creative judgment
Background: Same as above. Maybe a bit of lighting/something to represent a Dark Pulse.
Transparent bits: If needed

---------------

On a completely different note, your last sig, the Glaceon one, is awesome. I love the snow effect and the background. Meditite looks good too, even though I can't stand that Pokemon. I love the colour and the effects in the background... it rather reminds of a Dark Pulse actually XD

I say it every time I stop by here, but it's great to see all the improvements you keep making and all the awesome new backgrounds you keep coming up with. Keep up the awesomeness ^^

Oh and...

\o/

Job done :)

magpiesprites.png

Code:
[img]http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x290/LoN_Colossus/Avatars%20and%20Signatures/magpiesprites.png[/img]

\o/

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
^_^

Thanks LoN! I love, love, love the background. The blue is just perfect, and I love the dash of yellow and how the whole thing blends together beautifully. I shall edit it into my signature straight away ^^

Pokemon+girfan615: You should read LoN's first post, and the Artwork board's rules.

Glad you like it, Magpie :p

Was playing around with the patterns in Gimp, since I had to add scanlines to it for userbars. Found a whole bunch of stuff, and that was my result after mashing a bunch together and giving a bit of my pizazz to it :p

And thank you for being such a valiant defender of sanity here in my shop too :p

*LoN rebuilds his sandbags around the shop and contemplates fitting ceiling turrets.

New way to request if you so wish - Join my channel on mIRC! Ask me for details or join #LoN.

No. Never, ever, would I do that.

If you cannot understand a simple thread, then I cannot see how you would understand the entire forum and as a result you won't last long here at all.

So, concluding, making a signature out of my own good heart and my own time for someone who clearly cannot work this site, and as such I expect will be leaving soon, is an absolute waste of my time.

Clear? :)

Sorry about the first post, but I flippin' read the first page and would like to do a different idea for my sig.

Image: I'd like to use this image http://img2.pict.com/88/4b/1d/3c0abb2c19d1a3003615b3df1d/Zqmg4/2w653xuth.jpg, but if you don't take personal drawings, then I'll take the attack forum Deoxys (the Super Smash Bros. Brawl image) and a Darkrai.
Text: POH!KEMON
Background: Like thunderbolts in a black and violet-red fire background and maybe add a Rotom in the background (if it is possible to do)
Transparent bits: Feel free to add them.

Hope followed the first page.

Sup, this time I actually READ the first post! \o/

Image: Electivire using Thunderpunch
Image if I can't find the first image: Plain Electivire
Text: zezzyman
Colour scheme (optional): Yellow/Black
Background (optional): Lightning bolts
Transparent bits (optional): None

If that's not too much trouble.........

...but if you don't take personal drawings
I have nothing wrong with your image, but the quality of it is awful. I don't mean the actual piece, its fine, but saving it as a .jpg removes all the quality of it.

Could you re-save it as a .png? Then you keep all the quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.