• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Little Hearts (Travel Roleplay)

Alright. Fixed. Ya'll let me know if there's anything else I'm missing.

Funny thing, though. Foxglove sounds so chipper, nothing like Echthra. It'd be interesting if they were to meet.

Honestly, this took way longer than it should have, but here ya go.

Name: "Deo" (Aran E. Ral)
Hometown: Rustboro City (Hoenn)
Height: 5'5"/1.651 m
Weight: 140 lbs / 64 kg
Hair: Dark golden orange. Fluffy, a little shaggy, and not quite straight, it's long enough on the sides to cover his ears and in the front to nearly mask his eyes, which is why he has to brush it to the side every once and awhile.
Eyes: Olive Green (he hates olives with a passion)
Clothing: His trademark attire includes high-quality, black leather gloves, a pair of small, ellipse-shaped glasses with thin silver rims to aide his myopia, and an arguably oversized dark green coat with a hood. Simply-designed and reaching down to Aran's knees, it's void of any zips or buttons to hold its two open ends together, and it also lacks pockets. Yet, it seemed to be well-made from how it's held up over time, although the man was no expert of clothing fabrics. As for other clothes, he prefers baggy pants, typically cargos or sweats, as well as hiking shoes/boots that can last longer than a few months. Under his coat he usually wears a long sleeve athletic shirt rolled up to his elbows, made of an anti-odor, silk-like material for bearing his often-sweating body.
Identifying Marks: Nothing too noteworthy.
Musculature: Aran stands at just 5'5", yet he's anything but boyish in appearance. He doesn't jump out as being particularly beefy, and actually appears fairly lean from a side-view, as his body fat is low. From the front, however, his head and neck are notably thick utop broad, sloped shoulders and a wide torso. Additionally, his legs are in-fact quite muscle-bound from his years of running around, so much so that searching for men's pants to match his waist AND his thighs proves challenging.

An early onlooker might perceive Aran as a discreet, antisocial, and undemonstrative man in public. He strides at a consistent quickness with careless posture, gloved hands either hardly moving at his sides or finger-locked in front of his chest. Eyes, while sharp, remain fixed ahead, ironically heedless of surroundings of no concern. However small the matter, as long as he has something to do, Aran's busyness is almost violently apparent, as if he has something to prove. Few ever dare distract him in this state, but even with all his tasks complete he can be difficult to approach. He'll wander aimlessly for something to do, eyes zipping every which way yet somehow dodging other faces. He unconsciously deems merely glancing at a stranger an invasion of privacy.

Small talk is Aran's greatest social enemy whenever he does find himself in a conversation. Regarding greetings, weather, traffic, food, everyday experiences, complaints, basic factual questions, and other trivial gossip, he can only respond with nods, shakes, grunts, and mumbled general statements. This, paired with his habit of avoiding eye contact even during discussion, depicts him as quite rude and inattentive by some, even if he's interested. He speaks carefully, but he isn't crafty enough in his language for clever remarks.

Perhaps these traits don't render him SO socially inept compared to some, but he wouldn't mind if they did, for Aran fancies the preposterous proposition that this isolation somehow empowers his sociological imagination, his ability to analyze norms and behaviors in culture with more clarity than others. This idea serves as fuel for him to rip away from societal conformity in any way he can, at times persuading himself to completely flip the switch from his usual demeanor. From a pouty "I like that tall one, ya know..." towards the guy next to him at the urinals, to a dramatic "You have beautiful eyes" to the pissed man sizing him up for a fight, to standing opposite everyone everyone else in the front of a crowded elevator, scanning over their uneasy faces wearing a polite but silly (and perhaps creepy) grin, these experiments provide Aran with a strange, delusional sense of power, a sheep of higher self-awareness unbound to the herd. Yet he's genuinely curious. A self-proclaimed psychologist and sociologist, he yearns through these experiments to learn more of others and himself.

And it's just as well. Although considered normal among young adults, identity crisis is a constant struggle of his, often demonstrated whenever he's alone from everyone save his Pokémon, where his behaviors become increasingly bizarre. Some days he'd stare into the mirror for hours, contemplating himself before acting out various characters and emotions, spitting out phrases repeatedly and blurting out all sorts of noises as if a toddler hearing them for the first time. Other days he'd pace back and forth with thematic or rock music in his ears, his vivid imagination running through multiple hypothetical scenarios in attempt to discover ways to destroy stereotypes. At the very least, this exploration of various tropes could have decreased Aran's level of bias, but there is one act of bigotry he cannot escape, one that has boiled in his blood for a very long time. He cannot identify it, but it has given rise to a sense of fear and urgency, that something is WRONG with the world somehow. A single absurd belief that, as one individual puts it, "vindicates you from your crippling helplessness."

Skills: His discernible talents are few and far between, the most notable being his status as a pokemon trainer, the name on his trainer card being "Deo". Strangely, his team acts without any orders from him. People wonder how this would qualify Deo as a trainer at all, and he secretly agrees. He's a slow thinker, can't cook for his life, and can barely manage technology. He is, however, a decent tennis player.

Family:
Father--Shale Ral, a homecare nurse working for the Rustboro Pokemon Center.
Mother--Cia Ral, works for a branch of the Devon Corporation specializing in archeology as opposed to paleontology. (Hey Newt perhaps we can do something with this)

Growing up in the Hoenn city of Rustboro under two working middle-class parents,Deo had a favorable childhood from a financial standpoint. He attended the Rustboro Trainer School since preschool, where he shined academically. He absorbed the lectures like a sponge and always asked bright, insightful questions. Unfortunately, as he aged, his behavior grew increasingly erratic. He began disobeying the teachers, refusing to work even with clear knowledge of the material. He would ditch classes and journey into the wilderness of Route 116, deliberately aggravating the feral pokemon and getting himself hurt, only to repeat his idiotic actions. At first his parents connected his ill-behavior to being spoiled, but Aran rarely asked for much and neglected the few gifts he did receive on special occasions. He began to injure regularly, constantly falling and bumping into things. If intentional, he sure tried very hard to just appear clumsy. Shale worried that his son was demonstrating signs of major depression (at age seven?!), but even that didn't explain some actions. In one instance, Aran stole money from his mother's wallet just to rip it apart before eating the pieces. In another, his parents awoke in the middle of the night to the light of the hallway beyond the door that had opened, Aran seen wearing a strange paper mask painted black, a butter knife in his hand.

One day, on her way to Meteor Falls to search for potential old ruins, Cia spotted a male alolan sandshrew on Route 115, severely injured. Questions aside as to what such a pokémon was doing near the falls, where even normal sandshrew don't live, let alone Hoenn, Cia brought him to her husband, who concluded that the shrew wouldn't be able to return to the wild for quite some time even if they were able to find someone to send him back to Alola. Thus, he was taken in, and Aran mysteriously ceased his ill deeds, connecting with the creature. Well, on his end, anyway. The Sandshrew, nicknamed Sorex, was not fond of the boy's roughhousing and often curled up to avoid it, but then he'd just be rolled around like a ball. Thankfully, even though they continued to experience obstacles starting out, the pair stuck together over the years.
(I'll run down the more recent history in the RP itself)

Love Relationships?: That's funny.

Species: Alolan Sandslash
Nickname: Sorex
Ability: Slush Rush
Hidden Power: Grass
Special Features: None
Personality: Lacks strong opinions and has difficulty choosing sides, more of an analyst of them. Lacks emotional connection and responsibility towards his experiences, as if they were someone else's. Reads the world like a book. Nearly impossible to offend. Lacks goals, ideals, and passions, infinitely more curious about those of others.

Species: Wimpod
Nickname: Aegis
Ability: Wimp Out
Hidden Power: Bug
Personality: Quite timid. Always acts with extreme caution as to not provoke nor offend anyone. Aegis has low self-esteem and never stands up for himself when treated poorly.

Species: Swampert
Nickname: Eego
Ability: Torrent
Hidden Power: Dragon
Special Features: Extremely muscular, but he only has one arm, lacking even a nub on the other side.
Personality: Redefines the definition of pride. Reputation is everything to him, and he practically sells his soul and alters his persona--his appearance, actions, the way he presents himself--in order to become the perfect idol, to represent everything desirable of an individual in all aspects of society. Losing battles, or anything, is devastating to him.

Species: Eelektross
Nickname: Cruor
Ability: Levitate
Hidden Power: Psychic
Personality: A strategic genius who's obsessed with war and violence and paranoid about survival. Believes that instincts are more powerful drives than anything else. Entirely void of real empathy, yet he retains a sense of camaraderie with his teammates. He's quite social, and can be very charming in conversations.

Species: Reuniclus
Nickname: Cyta
Ability: Magic Guard
Hidden Power: Fairy
Personality: Serves as the translator between Deo and the rest of his team. Optimistic and full of puns, Cyta is skilled at lightening the mood with precise timing in even the most intense circumstances. She tries not to let her spirits fall.

Species: Flygon
Nickname: Rei
Ability: Levitate
Hidden Power: Ice
Special Features: Her wings are massive, able to wrap her entire body in them. This grants her with incredible flying ability but various burdens on the ground.
Personality: Rarely ever uttering a sound and her eyes nearly invisible behind thick red lenses, Rei is extremely difficult to read. Her attention fluctuates all over the place. She's often completely oblivious to extremely significant occurrences, all the while focusing intently on things most couldn't hope to notice.
(Decided to keep the personalities brief and histories void for now)
Wonderful! Deo looks like such the intricate character- I'm very excited to see what you can bring with him. It just now reminded me that I am yet to complete my own form- what a great hostess I am. XD

Last edited:
...I admit, I've been staring at @Littleblue 's response for about a day and a half now, wondering how to respond. On one hand, I felt rather flustered at the praise I felt I didn't deserve. On the other, I was chuffed with such glowing words (I was over the top for a good while xD Even my sister gave me weird looks) Buuut, deciding that just staring at it and not saying anything would be kinda rude ._.' So yeah. I have literally nothing to say except a confession. Should I revert it and gush about my own feelings on others' writing? Probably, but the situation makes it seem inopportune in my opinion xD Perhaps for another day :3

And come on, we'll all be disappointed if your history goes beyond that 'H' xD H for History!~ o3o I'm sorry I'm so sorry

Absol and Newt, would you guys be fine with me posting? I don't think it would hurt for some stalling interaction while we wait for Littleblue to return. And I think I just now figured out that my CS was technically accepted.

I don't mind Quake posting either. Honestly, what are we waiting for in the thread anyway? xD

Silver, LittleBlue has been offline for a week. It's unsure when she'll get back, so chances are you may have to wait a while for the approval of your app.