• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Lets Talk about our Avatars

Theres gotta be a reason why you chose that specific image or pokemon or pokemon game person as your avatar. lets talk about it. :D

Mine is from Horton Hears a Who. Katie is a bit of an oddball, but still freakin adorible. Much like Yours truly. :3
Plus, I am a bit slow and easily distracted, and I tend to freak people out. ._.'

Ok, enough about me. Lets see what everyone else says about their's.

Ever since I've been able to use custom avatars, they've always comes from Naruto, my favorite anime. As it says in the caption, this is Deidara who is a member of the villainous organization Akatsuki. He's my absolute favorite member. He has a rather unique view on art which I won't spoil for anyone who hasn't gotten that far in the anime or manga. Not to mention Deidara along with Tobi are involved in one of my favorite scenes in Naruto.

So far I've had Haku, Hinata, Itachi, and now Deidara. Sasori is up next, then Kisame. And no they won't always be bad guys.

When I change my avatar is unpredictable--it's generally when I feel like it.

Well, There is a lot of hype from the Phoenix Wright games and "Objection!" So, I thought, why not make my own avatar for it? So I edited a sprite from JUMP! Superstars, and used Jelly-Jiggler, a strange, and unique charater, from one of my favorite, and probably the weirdest anime, Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo (Or how many bo's fit your fancy) In a suit, and an added "Objection!" Sign.

I chose mine because it is a sprite of my main PRPG character Alex, and because it was made by a spriter with lots of potential, Slink. He's very good. Hopefully this post is not too short.

O RLY?

Sweet. Katie is by far, the most random charrie in Horton Hears a Who, which was sooo funny. "On my planet, everyone is a pony, and they eat rainbows, and poop butterflies!" I love how she walks away. I was very scared. I loved how she just randomly flew into the air. I mean, seriously, were they drunk when they made that part?

My avatar's a cut up version of the original picture from the ending of Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories on the GBA. Specifically, this is from the ending of Riku's storyline (Reverse Rebirth mode)

It has to be one of the prettiest piece of Graphics the GBA can churn out. I'm pretty sure they cheated in drawing this, but meh, it are pretty :3

Okay, whoever can't figure out why I chose my Avatar, you are either new or need to pay more attention to the boards.
That and Pixeity is one of the best spriters and artists and, I really have to thank her for it as well.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Well, I've been changing my avatar quite a bit, but all of the most recent ones came from the same spriter.

You see, back in the summer of 2007, there was this spriter named Artiste around. He was a great spriter in some's eyes, and quite a few people requested sprites from him, like me. Okay, I requested lots of sprites from him.

First came this Pokemon trainer from an RP he made, Sarah. She was a trainer who was obsessed with brown and had a Shinx, a Sandshrew, an Eevee, and a Kirlia, and was also the first made-up trainer that I had ever made (if you know what I mean). Then came her Pokemon mugshot. I think my next avatar from him was an Eeveelution+Eevee+Pikachu fusion, then a sprite of Prima, Sarah's Kirlia. Next came the Eevee dressed in purple, then a Jolteon/Eevee fusion. I switched back to the Eevee in purple one once the site got back from the hacking (darn hackers...). Then, I had found Artiste again, thanks to Daytime Umbreon, (he got banned before the hacking thingie) on this other website. I persuaded him to make an account somewhere else Pokemon related (that website I found him on was MapleStory-related), and he opened spriting again (he had stopped when he was banned from here). I requested another sprite from him, this time of what I was supposed to look like. I liked the ending sprite so much, I decided to make it my avvie everywhere I could.

So yeah, that's my avatar story.

I drew a pikachu in the snow, 'cos I miss it ;~; [size=6pt]The snow, I mean..[/size]

The only snow we get in Australia is the fake kind that they make at cheap fairs, and even then the surface melts to create an ICE PILE OF HURT that no one wants to play in.
Total suck.

I chose a Suicune, mainly because it's my favourite Pokemon. And until I'm able to upload my own custom sketch pose of Suicune (only 10 more posts to go! Oh, wait, now it's 9. ;D), it'll have to do. And because my 'tag line' is 'I am the North Wind, I Dance upon the Waves', which is a direct reference to most of the Suicune Pokedex entries. I only made up Maiha after coming here btw, and I've based her name and colour scheme heavily on Suicune.​

I think this is the first (and only) custom avatar I've had.
It's not the greatest sprite ever, by any means, and it's not even a pure scratch job, but it's simple, distinctive, and hopefully recognizable by now. =p
I don't really need something flashy or badass, just something people can look at and go "durp, that there's a Snapdragon post."

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Well, my current av is me as what I'd like to think of my online self as usually. XD Most of you know this however. This av was made by our wonderful Sami whom we all love and adore to no end. It was gift from her to me and I loves it. XD Aren't I so adorable? Yes.

Anyway. I've had this for a while, and I probably still will for a while more. I switch avs fairly often though if its not something I adore, like my current. xP Usually its between my own drawings or sableyes. It was Soren from FE for a while too, because he's smexy.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
*Refrains from cracking Avatar: The Last Airbender related jokes* XP

Generally, since this is a Pokemon forum, most of my avatars used around here are Pokemon related. I tend to change it around every few months just to keep things fresh, unless someone springs an art/sprite present on me. In those cases, I love showcasing them as soon as they're received because they're awesome/highly appreciated and deserve the attention ^^

As for my current avatar, I wanted something Linkachu-based and this one just stood out to me at that time (I've used it in the past, and have it cropped as my dA avatar). Stel drew it for me last year, and it's still awesome and I love it. He also resized it for me way-back-when to fit specifically within Charms' forum display limits, making it a fairly ideal avatar.

I use this avatar because I like the idea of being a Gardevoir-based super-villain. The thought came to me after seeing this image, so I cropped it and stuck it up there. I might change it one of these days, but then I might have to change the caption. As much as I like the idea of being a super-villain, I need to look the part if I'm going to be known as one.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Previous Avatar was Manectric, because he's my favourite Poke.

Now it's a Magpie, because they're my favourite bird (there's a theme developing here...)
Not many people like magpies, in England anyway, so I like to show my support for the little guys. Took about 20 mins on good old Photoshop :)

Light from the Deathnote manga. You know.. BEFORE the friggen dub. Dubs ruin everything. lol

Ok SOME dubs arent bad (Trigun/Bebop) but alot of them are (Naruto? Please kill me.)

Until I get un-lazy and draw my own avatar, it shall be KIRA. =3

I like Naruto, and I like toads. And what better way to figure out how do beat a gi-normus possesed Gaara in Shukaku form than by wearing a toad named Gamakichi on your head for a thinking cap? ....What? Too much? I don't think so...Okay, seriously, I thought it was funny....

Well, in the P Version, when you get Rioulu Egg, I figured you'd see him again. Guess not. I think Lucario is the coolest pokemon by far. next to Jolteon of course. Sir Aaron was also one of the coolest guys in the whole pokemon series.

Well, in the P Version, when you get Rioulu Egg, I figured you'd see him again. Guess not. I think Lucario is the coolest pokemon by far. next to Jolteon of course. Sir Aaron was also one of the coolest guys in the whole pokemon series.

Check the battle towers multi battle room. You will be surpised.