• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Let's promote Pokécharms writing!

Is this a good idea

• It'll be hard to do, even tho it's for a good cause

Votes: 8 30.8%
  • No

Votes: 1 3.8%
  • Yee

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • As a writer, I just wanted to say thanks.

Votes: 13 50.0%

• Total voters
So far I've done two chapters in my Alpha League story for WfaW. However, I think soon I may just move my non-Pokemon writing to Wattpad, considering everyone there is looking for stories, not art. But I think I'll finish "Season 1" of Alpha League on Pokecharms. Check it out if y'all have time.

We promote Pokécharms writing by not posting art from June 4 to june 10! Only writing!

If you join, write #writeforaweek on your profile! Maybe even on your profile picture!
Anyway, this is so Pokécharms writers can get more likes. I mean, it's just unreal comparing likes writers get to likes artists get.

Members:
@Peridot!!!
@DiamondPikachu
@Mr Fishykarp
@TheKnightofMortem
@Ry_Burst
@Mockingchu
@Aura
@Psycho Monkey
@Mewtwofan259
@messenger

@StarBlitz
@Keleri
@SummerShaymin

Best wishes and good luck
-Peridot

EDIT: try to use the Creative Corner "Sort and Filter" buttons to only show writing when viewing works.

EDIT2: if you aren't a good writer or dislike writing, you can make a "suggested reading list" for people to read! (Idea by @Aura )

EDIT3: when suggesting a piece of writing, put a link to the first in the seiries.(or the one peice of writing.) If you're suggesting all of their writing, just put a link to their profile.

Nice challenge, @Peridot!!!

@Mr Fishykarp I think that'd be a lot of fun! Tim Wood (my main OC Trainer) would be SO down for that. I'm thinking something like the "Countdown to Final Crisis" thing DC did. Our OCs must come together and battle a massive threat. Maybe we could all write a chapter while taking input from the other people involved about how their OC should act. And we could have a chain of chapters all written by different people like the 39 Clues. Eh? I don't really know how plausible this truly is, but if y'all want to- I'm on board!

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I finally settled on one of the many ideas I had in my head for this event. I'm four paragraphs in to what could very well end up being an over 5000 word story. I don't know if I'll have it finished by the deadline Saturday but I will certainly try now that I have a foundation! ^_^

Ummmmmm
You literally said
"Annual Write for a week is from the first Sunday of June to the first Saturday of June"
With no context whatsoever

What were we supposed to interpret that as?

Honestly the deadline sucks. Lately, I've been writing stories on my phone, which is extremely inefficient, I was gifted with an old laptop to type with. However, I gave to work all day tomorrow because the dock boy apparently got sick, and I have to fill in. :(

I know WfaW is close to over (I mean, it's still June 10 where I live), but I hope to possibly collaborate with some of you beyond now to make our big cross-over OC story we were all talking about. Anyone still want to do that? We could possibly make a Group Message and brainstorm from there.

I know WfaW is close to over (I mean, it's still June 10 where I live), but I hope to possibly collaborate with some of you beyond now to make our big cross-over OC story we were all talking about. Anyone still want to do that? We could possibly make a Group Message and brainstorm from there.
Yeah, you know I think I'd like to help with that! ^-^

EDIT: new writing, this one us about Magikarp Jump
https://pokecharms.com/works/my-review-of-magikarp-jump.36869/

EDIT2: Should we make this annual? If it was, it would be the first full week of june every year.

EDIT3: new writing. https://pokecharms.com/works/pokemon-time.36889/

Last edited: