• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

DPPt/HGSS Latios Help in Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pokepok

I am in serious need of a proper , competitve moveset for my QUIET natured LV.50 Latios in Emerald ? Can anyone please help???

This is my current moveset:

Thunderbolt
Surf
Psychic
Ice Beam

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
Here's my suggestion:

Latios @ Salac Berry

- Dragon Claw/Ice Beam
- Psychic/Thunderbolt
- Calm Mind
- Recover

If I remember correctly, Quiet Nature boosts your Sp.Atk (which is good) but drops your Speed (not so good,) so Salac Berry for the item should be able to lessen the blow of having reduced Speed somewhat. Calm Mind up until you're about to die, then once Salac triggers (assuming it does,) Recover all your lost HP back and then start murdering stuff. For your attack moves, pick any two out of the four and see what you like best - Psychic/Dragon Claw gets double STAB but is also walled by Steels, Ice Beam/Thunderbolt gets immense coverage but no STAB at all. Those are just two examples of what you can do.

Dragon Claw and HP Fire would be ideal. Dragon hits all types but Steel, and Fire can score the hit nicely. Otherwise, Thunderbolt will work to an extent.

The only things in Gen 3 that don't take neutral damage from those attacks are Steelix, Magnemite and Magneton. Even then, Dragon Claw will still do quite a nice bit of damage due to Steelix's low S.Def stat.

P

Pokepok

OK thank you, guys. I will try out your advice on my Latios.

thank you again

Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.