• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Late Summer for new Wii and DS games.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Well, this was posted on IGN on Friday, but I don't see a topic anywhere so here it is. :p

A bunch of Wii and DS games are in development, with a few due for release late Summer to Fall. A few of these titles are big. Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, and LoZ: Phantom Hourglass are among them.

Clicky here, and here for articles.

The topic of DS and Wii shortages is also addressed, and hardware shipments are being increased.

This is turning out to be quite an exciting year for Nintendo. A few amazing titles are already under their belt, Diamond and Pearl being their latest, with more big games to come. Its been a good year and we can expect more goodness... 2007 is a holy year.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Smash Bros... I want to see it dated, not just referred to. After watching some videos I'm more interested in Mario Galaxy than I was before, but Smash Bros. Brawl is still by far the number one game I want to see on Wii this year.

As for DS... I'm not sure if they're '07 US releases or not, but I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the FFXII spinoff, the RTS Mana game, and the new Final Fantasy Tactics. Phantom Hourglass will also make a great addition to the DS library. I'm not really a huge fan of handheld-based Zelda games (I never seem to get far into 'em) but that's definitely one I'd shovel out the cash for.

Smash Bros... I want to see it dated, not just referred to. After watching some videos I'm more interested in Mario Galaxy than I was before, but Smash Bros. Brawl is still by far the number one game I want to see on Wii this year.

As for DS... I'm not sure if they're '07 US releases or not, but I'm looking forward to getting my hands on the FFXII spinoff, the RTS Mana game, and the new Final Fantasy Tactics. Phantom Hourglass will also make a great addition to the DS library. I'm not really a huge fan of handheld-based Zelda games (I never seem to get far into 'em) but that's definitely one I'd shovel out the cash for.

There's going to be a new FFTactics!0.0 (is falling behind in recent game info Xp)

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm an IGN whore.

There isn't too much on it yet, but it does exist. Keep in mind that it heavily follows the style of Tactics Advance, though, which may or may not be a good thing to some people.

I'm an IGN whore.

There isn't too much on it yet, but it does exist. Keep in mind that it heavily follows the style of Tactics Advance, though, which may or may not be a good thing to some people.

Ign whore XD, Omg this is soooo great though! I loved FFtactics advanced, I replayed it like a milllion times and how SSBM might even be released this year *brain overload*

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Well, this was posted on IGN on Friday, but I don't see a topic anywhere so here it is. :p

A bunch of Wii and DS games are in development, with a few due for release late Summer to Fall. A few of these titles are big. Super Smash Bros Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy, and LoZ: Phantom Hourglass are among them.

You've read that wrong. Iwata didn't say anything about those games, IGN was just pointing out that those games are in development by Nintendo as part of the total amount of games they're working on for the DS and Wii.

SSBB could be out this summer, the end of the year or even next year. In fact, I'd bet a lot of money that we only see a fraction of those games this year at all. Some are likely to remain in development for a further number of years.

I hope that "next batch of games" means games for all three regions though - and not just Japan or Japan/America. It's about damned time we got some proper Wii games over here.

i just might get a wii for the new ssb game, right now i'm playing it on gc. but for some reason i'm better at street fighter (for dreamcast) than ssb

I agree with exactly everything you said, I also want to see a date for super smash bros. brawl