• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Lake of Rage! A Story of new beginnings.

Tania popped from the ground once she heard Lightning stand above her. However, the Pichu had somehow managed to evade the attack. Then, Lightning shot off an Electric attack. It hit Tania, but not to an incredible degree, considering she was Grass-Type. "Okay! Tania, fight back with another Magical Leaf! This time, aim directly for the Pichu, and don't dig!" Melody called, for some reason Lightning didn't attack in the duration of her explanation. And with a whip of her tail, several leaves of assorted colors flew for Lightning.

"Dodge it!" But the command had come to late. The leaves shot straight at the little pichu. The damage was not too great but it caused some bleeding cuts. Lightning flinched at the pain, but he wasn't quite done yet. The power of the hit made Lightning fly towards a tree. He gave the tree a quick glance and came up with a good idea. With a few changes of position and some shooting sparks, Lightning used the tree to push off towards the unsuspecting leafeon who had just finished using her magical leaf attack.
...good idea Chihiro figured that she should give a command.
"Ok. Lightning use a volt tackle-quick attack so she won't be able to dodge it in time!" Quicker done than said. He was already going at full speed towards Tanya. His volt tackle giving off more electricity than ever.

"Tania, quick, out of the wa-" Melody started. Her sentence was interrupted by Lightning coming in full contact with Tania. Lightning was sent back some, and Tania staggered. And, after wobbling from side to side a bit, Tania completely fell over, knocked unconscious. "Return." Melody said, pointing a Pok

"Fine with me." Chihiro looked at the tired little mouse. Lightning was panting heavily. He had used a lot of energy in his volt tackle and he looked like he got hit by a train.
I better finish that Starmie off quickly... Chihiro took one last glance at the Pokemon before giving a command.
"Lightning hit it with thunderbolt!!" Chihiro gave the swiftest command she could think of. The pichu slowly charged its energy. It was not going to be able to dodge many attacks, let alone take any hits. But in a matter of moments Lightning let out a strong electric bundle of energy. Although it was not as powerful as it normally would have been if it hit the water Pokemon it would do a great deal of damage. The bolt neared Starmie.

((OOC: Hmm....what about...Ruby? -slaps self- I'm not very original am I?))

The bolt not only neared Starmie, but landed a hit. Starmie was knocked back some. "Starmie! Recover, then Swift!" Melody called. Starmie began to glow lightly, and after finishing doing so, fired off several golden stars at the tired Pichu. "Hopefully they'll hit hard enough..." Melody whispered to herself. "Just in case... Starmie, dive into the lake!" Melody called once Starmie had finished firing stars at Pichu.

(OoC: You can decide whether Swift hit or not.)

"PICHU!" The pichu was hit by the powerful swift attack. Lightning breathed heavily and then fell to the ground.
"Lightning..." Chihiro walked up to the unconscious little pokemon. She gently picked him up and leaned him against a nearby tree," You did great, take a good rest." She got up and slowly walked back to battle. She plucked a pokeball from her pocket.
"Ok, go...Volt!!" A blue fish-like pokemon appeared from the pokeball. It plopped into the lake with a big splash.
"Lanturn!" It cried.
"Lanturn, send a thunderbolt through the water!" The Lanturn let out sparks.

(OoC: Sorry this is late, I'm just not all that good at role-play battles.)

"No, Starmie, out of the water!" Melody called. But it was too late. The sparks had reached Starmie, doing a fair amount of damage. Soon after the attack hit, Starmie popped from the water, launching high in the air. "Now, Gyro Ball!" Melody called. Starmie began spinning rapidly, shining in an almost silver color, and dove through the air and eventually the water straight for the Lanturn. It wouldn't be very effective, but perhaps the speed gained in the dive would help.

(OoC: Feel free to make your attacks hit. Also, feel free to win, or lose for that matter, without my consent.)

The starmie rammed harshly into Volt. Although it was a direct hit, it did not cause much damage. Chihiro smiled a little. She was just about ready to finish the battle.
"Alright, Volt. Use ice beam now!" The blue fish charged its energy for a brief few moments. Then it quickly let out a bright blast of cold blue ice that was meant to freeze the opponent, forcing the battle to an end. Chihiro didn't really care if she won or lost. The point of her even being by the lake of rage was to find Pryce, defeat him in battle to get a badge, and then skip happily through the ice caves and then towards the Blackthorn City gym. Although Chihiro was pretty sure that Pryce was alright, she wasn't sure how to find him.
She was planning to simply poke around a bit and maybe find some secret hangout that the old man went into to relax and take a break from the nuisense of being a gym leader who often fought inexperienced children who believed that they could easily defeat him just because he was just an old man.

Mark watched the remaining battle from a distance. He also had his chikorita, Leef, with him. "Wonder who's gonna win..." He thought. "They're both really good... very exciting."
OOC: Sorry for the short post. I'm not very good at RPs.

OoC: That's okay, but just try to bring in more detail. ;) Okay guys, we need to move the plot, so everyone needs to get to the other side somehow. As Truffles might say, : "Please change the plot? I haz a cake?" I think Cadence is gone, so, I am done with the battle.

BiC: Seth walked away from a gloating Cadence, mad about his loss. He sighed, and looked at his pokeballs, containing his pokemon. They were healing from his rest. He was itching for another battle, but the pokemon would maul him. They were way too tired. So, Seth decided to head on. He got on his boat, and aimed for the other side of the lake.

Seth started up the motor, and put his pokeballs in a compartment, so he wouldn't lose them. He soon remembered something he forgot, as he remembered he wanted to take his Octillery with him. He ran to pokecenter.

He got outside the pokecenter, with a Lure ball in his hands. It contained his Octillery.

His Octillery, which he caught a while ago, was very shy, so he put it away to rest a bit ago. He took it out, as he was hoping it would help him. He smiled, and got on walking to the boat. He was there soon, and he took his Octillery outside, to look around. It cowered a little, and Seth pet his head, telling him it was okay. It smiled, and got up a little, looking at the sun glisten off the water. It jumped in the water.

Seth smiled more. He was happy, as his Octillery was a little more comfortable now. He knew it probabley toughed up. It was still shy though, so Seth continued his little TLC plan, and spoke to it. "Fishy," Yes, he calls her Fishy. "do you want to ride by the boat?" He asked her.

It made a little sound of approval, as it swam around the boat a little. Seth was really only worried if it caught a fishing line. He wasn't worried about Gyrados, as Octillery wasn't afraid of them, which Seth stroke as funny, considering Octillery hated Magikarp. He began his trek, and Octillery followed. Every now and then, Seth would look back, to make sure it would be okay, and sure enough, it was.

They continued on thier ride, when, almost completely out of nowwhere, there seemed to be spawning Remoraid, as they jumped on and off of Seth's ride. Octillery dove in the water, to avoid them. After Seth was out of the spawn, Octillery came out again.

They soon hit land, and Seth got out of the boat. He pet his Octillery, and gave it a big smile, and it made a very happy sound. He returned it to the Lure Ball, and got his other pokemon, and walked into the woods on the other side, ready for what would hit him.

Mark saw the boy go to a boat, come back to get something at the pokemon center, then go back to the boat releasing an Octillery, then, soon enough, start the boat and head off. He watched closely, wondering where he was going. Probably the woods at the other side he thought. Leef seemed to notice that, too. "Any idea why they're heading off?" Mark asked Leef. "Chika..." Answered Leef, sadly. "I'll take that as a 'no'." Replied Mark. The boy went out of sight, though Mark still saw Octillery for a while, until they were near the opposite edge. Leef apparently decided to take a nap.

OoC: Good! WARNING: MAJOR PLOT COMING UP! Stay tuned kids!

BiC: Seth entered the creepy forest. It was full of...not light, that is...It was very dark, with many Pokemon, like a flock of Murkrow and Honchkrow, which were...heading straight for him! Seth just stood there, and quickly dashed through the forest, before sending out his Octillery. "Ice Beam!" He said, as it made a wall of ice, which surrounded the Murkrow and Honchkrow. He smiled, and returned the red little squid. He looked around.

He was surronded by trees, and bushes, and grass, but something seemed wrong, but he didn't know what.

And then, out of the blue, it happened. He heard it.

He had heard... a voice. He heard a strong, firm, voice, and he knew there were many others there too. He looked around, and he heard it east of him. He was a little wary, with his pokeballs with him. He looked through the bush, and noticed something that changed this whole story.

He looked ahead of him, and saw...Team Rocket. He saw Team Rockets listening to someone...But who was it...

He suddenly realized who it was.

It was Pryce, leader of the ice-gym of Mahogany Town.

Seth made a large gasp, which one member heard. The member was excused by Pryce. Seth quickly hid in the bushes. When the Rocket passed him, he ran out, and grabbed him, shutting his mouth. He took the Rocket out of the forest, and the Rocket broke free. "KID! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU! GO ZUBAT!" The Rocket got out a pokeball with a R symbol on it, and threw it into the air, as the Zubat materialized out of it. Seth rolled his eyes.

Seth quickly got out a Great Ball, and sent out his Crobat, which made the Zubat cringe. The Rocket flinched. "Ah c'mon! Zubat, Quick Attack." This sight Seth loved the most. His Zubat went for it, but Seth's Crobat countered back with Quick Attack. Seth's Crobat beat his Zubat.

That actually ended the match. The Zubat was so weak, so untrained, that it couldn't take the speed. Seth laughed. He returned his Crobat. "GET OUT." He said to the Rocket, and it dashed away, and got a Jet ski which was parked, and went to the other side, scared.

Seth was so confused. What was Pryce doing? He was teaching Rockets. He just didn't understand it. However, Seth never had time to understand it, as he was soon after the battle knocked out by a Rocket. And as he was dragged away, he could only faintly hear Pryce cackle, and hear him end with a: "Take him to t..." That's when he blacked out.

"Good battle Melody." Chihiro offered a warm smile then she hesitently and happily recalled the lanturn into its designated pokeball. Chihiro wasn't really a sore winner but she thought she saw the guy from earlier being dragged away by.....team rocket? Chihiro was completely oblivious to Melody at the moment.
What the heck? What are they doing here? I'd better get over there.
She gave a quick thank you and good job to the slightly confused Melody and quickly started running towards Seth. Lightning, well rested and refreshed, took a dashing jump to land gracefully on her shoulder.
"Lightning, we've gotta save that guy over there. He's being kidnapped by team rocket!" The pichu flinched. Both Chihiro and Lightning (and basically all of Chihiro's pokemon) had some bad run-ins with the theives, and they weren't really that happy to see their faces again.
By the time the pair arrived at the scene of Seth's kidnapping he had already vanished without a trace.
"Great...now w-" Chihiro felt something hard hit her head as her surroundings turned black. She fell to the ground, feeling nothing but the same pain coming from her head and her shoulder as Lightning landed right next to her, although he fell with a little more fuss he eventually lost conciousness as well.

((OCC: YAY FOR PLOTS!! :D))

"Yes...I think that's what Pryce said...Okay, I will get there. Bye."

Seth woke up from his trance. He was cold, hungry, tied up, and his head hurt. He watched a Rocket walk away. He noticed a girl next to him, and she was tied up with her pokemon. She was still asleep. He checked his belt, and they were there, luckily.

He was tied very hard, except for a loose peice at his waist. "Hmmm..." He said, and he starting swinging his hips, and that did it. When the end loosened, his arm's loosened. And out of 40 seconds, he was out. "Thank you, thank you very much." He said to an imaginary audience.

He turned to the girl and her pokemon. She was tied a little worse than him, and he soon untied her, and her pokemon. She didn't wake up, and he decided not too. So, he loosely put the rope around her, so that when the Rocket's walked in, it looked like she was tied, but when she woke, she got get out easy.

He heard footsteps, and some grumbles. He gasped, and he ran to a little closet, and hid in the coat rack's. Outside, he heard the Rocket sigh, obvious that he knew that Seth was gone. He heard footsteps again, a door open and close, and Seth walked out.

Soon, an alarm shut on, and still, Chihiro STILL didn't walk up, and Seth got out his Crobat. The bat came out. "Crobat, go in the vent, and get me some info. I am gonna swarm the base, so try and find me. I'll be in this uniform.

He picked up a uniform in the closet, and put it on. His Crobat entered the vents, and Seth was just hoping it would come back...He walked out of the door.

"..Huh?" Chihiro awoke just in time to watch Seth leaving the room in a team rocket outfit.
I'd better follow him... Chihiro looked at the unknotted ropes. She smiled as she thanked Seth silently. She quickly threw off her ropes and grabbed Lightning who had just woken up. He was a bit dazed but he had just enough strength to hold onto Chihiro's shoulder. Chihiro quickly slapped on a team rocket uniform as she sprinted out the door.
Seth was already out of sight but Chihiro figured that she could catch up. Afterall, she was a pretty decent runner. She bounded down the hallway and soon came to two different hallways. Although basically identical it was important that she picked the path that Seth took.
"Pichu!!" The small mouse had regained its lost energy. It pointed towards the left hand hallway. He had a feeling that Seth had gone that way.
"Alright, I'll trust your judgement." As Chihiro was making a sharp turn into the hallway she ran into a guy.
"Oops, sorry. I was just umm..." She looked closer and realized that it was Seth.
"Man am I glad to see you. Do you have any idea of what to do? I've dealt with rockets before but I've never actually been taken to one of their hideouts."

Seth walked out of the room, and quickly shut off the alarm. He passed many people in the hallway, many which he didn't know. He took a left turn at the nearest turn, looking for Pryce. He knew he had something to do about it.

His Crobat just came out of the vent-to which no one saw, luckily- and gave Seth the news.

Apparently, Pryce was studying in Team Rocket, to which, he loved. When they dispersed, well, Pryce was happy. He had waited for the moment, so he took former Grunts, and he formed Team Rocket II. Seth sighed.

He then noticed Chihiro, as he first heard the Pichu's cry. He turned, as she caught up with him. He put Crobat in his Pokeball, and replied to Chihiro's words. "Well, I do actually have an idea. We need to find Pryce, and this will take a while..." He said, and soon, he explained everything to Chihiro. "So that's why. Oh- And to answer your other question, yes...this happens to me alot...Heh heh." He told her.

"So...we have to find him..." Chihiro took a quick glance at her surroundings. It was very easy to get lost in the team rocket hideout if you hadn't been there before. There were plenty of doors and quite a few hallways. Grunts were scattered all over the place. They were very confused because of the alarm. It wouldn't be too hard to navigate through the building and find Pryce...hopefully.
Lightning saw the loss of hope in Chihiro. He gave her a reassuring smile. Her face automatically became hopeful and happy. She turned her attention back to Seth. He was apparentetly waiting for Chihiro to say something more.
"Alright, you should probably lead the way. I'll watch our backs. And....hopefully you have better luck with picking doors than I do....I always pick the worst one possible." Chihiro gave Seth a sheepish smile.

He saw Team Rocket walking by with the boy, then later the girl who had just battling. Not them again! he thought. Should I go in? I'll check with Leef. "Do you think I should go in, Leef? I don't know what's happening to them..." He asked. Leef shook his head up and down, obviously meaning 'yes'. "O.K...." He replied. Oh, boy.... Mark returned Leef. He went in the hideout, after thinking of a plan- just get them and leave without being seen. When Mark got in, there was already a Team Rocket member there, and unfortunatly, he saw Mark and knocked him out. "Kids these days..." the Team rocket grunt said. Mark then blacked out.
OOC: How do you like it? =)

OoC: :)

BiC: Seth made a quiet laugh as she finished, and he noticed he was taller than her. Huh. He never really noticed. He suddenly looked as a grunt had a boy in his grip. Seth couldn't decide to get him or not...He turned to Chihiro. "Okay, listen, you are going to get that kid and get out of here. I know where the exit is, so get him to wake up, get a suit on him, and find him. I am gonna investigate.." He said, as he hurried on.

He entered one room, and there were a bunch of Grunts and a man, giving him a look. "You! You must be the senior showing your pokemon! GET IN HERE!" Seth stuttered, but then walked in. He got his Crobat out. It came out, and looked around. Seth whispered to it what was going on. It followed along.

He explained his Crobat to the Grunts. "I got this as a Zubat, and, um, if you play your cards right, you could get a good pokemon like mine. I need to go know." He said, and returned Crobat, and ran out, before the man could stop him. He sighed. He continued on.

"Okay, so...I need to find Pryce's room..." He noticed a room with a leader's sign, and walked in to Pryce, ready to talk.

"Alright..." Chihiro realized that Seth had already ran off. She sighed and walked towards the grunt.
"Hey, I'll take care of this guy. Besides, the boss wants to see you. He's calling all the best grunts he's got. You're obviously one of them." Chihiro figured that flattering him would get him to do anything. She was right.
"I AM an amazing grunt, aren't I?" Chihiro nodded as the grunt shoved the boy into her hands. He walked down the hallway with his nose stuck up in the air, as if saying 'I'm better than you'. Chihiro rolled her eyes and turned her attention to the boy. I better find him something to wear.. Lightning hopped off her shoulder and pointed towards his chikorita. Chihiro scoopped up the green pokemon into her hands. She heavied the boy onto her back and headed off in the direction of the room where she had been tied up.
She threw open the door and opened the closet. She found an outfit, about the boy's size and placed it next to him.
"Hey, are you okay?"

Mark started to wake up. He saw the girl standing above him, in a team rocket uniform, and a team rocket uniform his size next to him. "Are you okay?" she asked. "I guess..." Mark answered. His neck hurt a bit, as if someone had pulled him by the collar. A grunt probably was pulling me... he thought as he rubbed his neck. Mark got up and put on the uniform quickly.
OOC: This is one fun part of this RP!

"Here's your chikorita.." Chihiro held out the unconcious little green pokemon. She placed the chikorita in Mark's hands.
"My name's Chihiro. Anyway, I'm supposed to get you out of here. But...I have a feeling that you want to get to the bottom of this...right? I'm supposed to get out of here as well....but I'd rather have some fun." She smiled and pet Lightning on the head. He didn't want to leave either. Chihiro forced open the door and examined the hallway with a glance.
The corridor was empty and quiet. She smiled and looked towards Mark.
"Ready to go what's-your-name?" But before he could respond a team rocket grunt walked into the room. Just as he was about to call using his walkie-talkie Chihiro poked him. The guy fell over.
"Good thing I know some things about pressure points huh?"

"Yeah, that should be useful." Mark laughed. "Yeah, I'll stay. I probably need to wake Leef, don't I? Leeeef... Leeef!" Leef opens one eye. "We're going to be infiltrating the Team Rocket base. Do you want to go back in your pokeball?" Leef shook his head no. Mark smiled. "I didn't think so." he said. "I'm ready!" Mark said happily. "Oh, by the way, I'm Mark, and, obviously, this is Leef." He said, pointing to Leef when mentioning Leef's name.
OOC: This is defiantly going to be fun! I named my new tama 'Mark!' because of this RP. Dunno why I put a exclamation mark there.

OoC: *Snortgruntlaughsnort* Well, I know how to make a good rp...Never mind.

BiC: "Ahh...You must be that kid we first caught. You beat one of our grunts, didn't you?" Pryce said, as the door behind Seth closed, by Ice Shards. He noticed Pyrce's Piloswine. Seth was tense. "What are you doing Pryce? Why are you starting Team Rock-" "That's Team Rocket II, my friend." Seth grunted. "I'm no friend of yours..." He said, under his breath.

"I know where your friends are- the boy and girl. My Grunts will get them soon. Now, to answer your question. I am doing this for one reason. I'm very intrested in Team Rocket. I am a good friend of Giovanni's- seeing as we are both Leaders. - but I promised nothing. After he nearly died when Team Rocket fell, I did not help him. I let him cower, and I took control of this organization." Seth looked weirdly at this psychotic man.

"The real reason is though- I simply hate children. Why should they be fighting me? The money they get, the badges, they just sell for candy. I want nothing to do with them. Yes, that really is it. And how are you going to stop me? You can't do a thing! Your a kid!" Seth grunted. "I will stop you Pryce..." He got out his Bellossom. "Stun Spore!" He said, as his Bellossom let out a thick spore, which caused the Piloswine to stutter, getting rid of the shards. "Run!" He told himself, returning his Bellossom. He ran out of the room, trying to find his friends.

((OOC: yes, poking is fun :D ))
"Alright, let's go!!" Chihiro quickly hoisted the little yellow, electric mouse onto her shoulder and bounded out of the room. As she ran around a corner she ended up running into another grunt.
"Great.." But before Chihiro could make any sudden 'pokes' the man grabbed her arm and twisted it behind her back. Lightning let his instincts take over him. He let out a powerful thunderbolt.
"PICHU!!" The man stuttered and fell harshly to the cold ground. Chihiro ended up landing on the guy.
"....I'm fine..." She shook her hair. It was raining ashes. After a moment she got up and sighed. Lightning gave her a sheepish look and sprung up onto her shoulder. Chihiro glanced around her. Mark and leef were nowhere to be found.
"....crap." Chihiro wasn't sure what to do next.

Mark went into the hall outside the room. Chihiro and Pichu were nowhere to be seen. Where are they? They can't have gone far... I'll go farther down and I should find them. "C'mon, Leef. Let's see if we can find Chihiro," said Mark to Leef. Leef approved of the 'plan'. They went further down, and unfortunately ran into a Team Rocket member. Mark poked him in the same place Chihiro had a few minutes ago, leading to the same effect- fainting. "Good thing Chihiro 'taught' me that." he whispered to himself happily. Mark and Leef looked into the room. No Chihiro. "Crap..." Mark whispered to himself.
OOC: I decided mark should have a full team and Leef should need just a few more experience points to evolve. Now... Mark's team....
BTW, lol, same ending! Both say 'crap'.

((OOC: her name is Chihiro ^^; ))

Chihiro figured that she could search for Seth now, but the corridor was filled with various doors. She shrugged and ran down to the end of the hallway and faced the the door.
"I hope I have a little better luck with doors than I usually do." Lightning got ready to attack, he decided that Chihiro was not going to have better luck than she normally did.
"Thanks Lightning, very reassuring..." She reached for the door-knob. Her hand closed around it as she turned it and thrust it open.
Seth happened to be engaged in battle with Pryce. Pryce?!?! Chihiro stared in disbelief at the gym leader. He was not the man she had always imagined. She thought that he would some nice old guy who was a great battler and loved kids. She was dead wrong.
Chihiro pressed her back to the wall and walked sideways towards Pryce. She wanted to take a look at the papers on his desk. Fortunately, no one had noticed her yet.

Mark and Leef continued down the hall. Leef looked worried. "Do you want to go back into your pokeball, Leef?" He shook his head yes. "Okay, return!" Bright light beamed out from the pokeball, bringing Leef inside. Mark then saw an open door, coming from inside was the noises of a battle. One voice sounded like the boy who had been taken inside. Mark looked in the room, trying not to be seen. Inside was the boy and Pyrce battling. Chihiro was also in there, unnoticed by the two. Next to her was Lightning, her pichu. Chihiro seemed to be looking at the papers on Pyrce's desk. Mark also noticed a sign saying "Team Rocket 2, an improved Team Rocket. More powerful, better base." Team Rocket 2? Odd. Mark thought.
OOC: Couldn't think of anything better for the sign ^^;. I also fixed the spelling of Chihiro's name. C'mon! I'm getting tired of waiting.
EDIT: Now I'm SO TIRED of waiting! C'mon! Plz!
EDIT: It's been almost a year now! C'mon, you two!