• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Korei Region - New map and mighty legendaries.

My fake pokemon region is coming along and I wanted to put up some stuff here, these are not for anyone else's personal use and if I find you stealing any of these your gonna get a Kecleon bite in a sensitive region of my choice (probably the right eyeball). This topic is just for comments and suggestions, so no requests, I am not making fakemon for anyone else :p

Korei is far south of Johto and Kanto, its a very warm and quite tropical in some areas. There is an area north of the region that is called the Wild Lands. The Wild lands are basicly gonna be a very very large safari zone like area that will be accessable to the player. There are no rest stops so having a flying will be the a good idea.

Here are some random info about the region (im really not that good at coming up with names, sorry in advance for the lack of originality):

Map of the Region:
NewKorei-1.png

Towns and Cities:
1- Morningsun Village (Starting area, ferry to Sylva Village, Prof. Maple's lab.)
2- Sylva Town (1st gym and gate to the Wild Lands)
3- Dawningstar City (Game Corner, 2nd gym.)
4- Sunka Village (Has a mine that the player can obtain fossils and various rock-like items, 3rd gym.)
5- Nolino City (Has the road that leads up to Victory Road.)
6- Kii Village (A town inhabited by pokemon for the most part, a single family of humans lives there. 4th gym owned by the Father.)
7- Evergreen Estates (large, peaceful town with the dept. store.)
8- Springroove City (Small village with 4-6 houses.)
9- Summerlight Ville (5th gym)
10- Marshlight Town (6th gym, Port to Azuremyst)
11- Ayla Village (Daycare is here :D)
12- Mikarara Village (Port to Evergreen)
13- Azuremyst Port (Port to Marshlight, Sightning of the Flying legendary of the region.)
14- Killika Town
15- New Moon Town (7th gym)
16- Starport City (Port to New Moon Town, Safari Zone)
17- Stormu Port (8th gym)
18- Honor Valley and Victory road

Main Characters
Proffessor: Prof. Maple
KoreiHeroesby4pikaw-mods.png

(These are done by none other then 4pikachu4 with some slight modifications by me ^_^)

Heroes: Mina Stillwater / Brian Stillwater
Rival: Anika Frinston/George Frinston

Gyms and leaders:
1- Katrina Meadowleaf: Grass
2- Neil Priceton: Ground
3- Corela Stillwater (mother of the heroes): Water
4- Edna Stone: Rock
5- Alexander Moor: Flying
6- Herman Johns: Bug
7- Minerva Cecco: Dark
8- Jeydis Maxwell: Normal

Elite 4:
- Alexandra Moor: Electric
- Michael Powers: Steel
- Rina Tinder: Fire
- Clint Darkwood: Dragon
- Champion: Rival (misc. types)

Starters:
- Springmur (Grass type, leamur based, second & final forms will be Grass/Fighting type. Quick phys. attacker )
- Toragnit (Fire type, Knight based, second & final forms will be Fire/Steel type. Tanky.)
- Sliveriss (Water type, Flyinf fish based, second & final forms will be Water/Flying type. Special attacker.)
Legendaries:
- Noxareon (Dark multi-headed serpent, King of the night. Pure Dark type)
- Lumerai (Chimera like creature, mostly Lion, King of the Day. Psychic/Fire)
- Maturadin (Huge turtle that has been sleeing under the sea since the dawn of time, from his sleeping state his mind can be in contact with any being at any time. Yes this is a nudge towards the Dark Tower books. Rock type)
- Aeronas (A large pure flying pokemon that collects bad dreams around its tail and transforms them into pleasant dreams for both people and pokemon to enjoy. Flying type)
- Wildkii (King of the jungle humanoid pokemon made out of mostly moss and large chunks of bark, very primal look. Grass type)

Here is the pokeDEX for the Korei region. I will update this everytime I finish up sprites. Names and sprites are subject to change, same with the position each pokemon holds in the DEX.(Warning! Large image)

Here are old images that have been modified/replaced:
koreiheroesbackpacks-1.png

Koreimapfinal.png

Excellent ideas! Excellent! Trust me, designing a fake region is HARD. I've done it before. I love the concept of the starter but I it kinda... sorta... doesn't like like a pokemon. I thin the sprite style is a little off. other than that, this is great! what are the names of the towns in the region?

Ill be putting the final touches on the region map tonight so the town details will all be editted in then. The current names I have are:

-Morning Dew Town (Starting area)
-Sylva City (woodland city similar to Fortree and home of the first gym)
-Valley of Honor (That's where the Victory road and the League is)
-New Moon town (On a crescent shape island, home of the Dark Gym and the center of folklore for the region)

Thanks for the compliment on Toragnit, the shading took a while to finish up lol. Ill see about making it more pokemon like, I think it might be the eyes.

I can't wait to see the map. Toragnit looks like a Bomb with a lit fuse. If you are giving movesets (You did say you were open to suggestions unless I read wro9ng)I'd recomend Explosion for it.
I'm making a Region Map right now and it is hard. >> (Not the overworld one though.)

It is probably gonna loose teh sperical look once it evolves, I might put it as a breedable or "just in case you dont evolve it" move.

EDIT: Map and town/city details added :D

Full dex entries for the fire and grass starters here ^_^ I fully scratched the grass starter, I still think the eyes look odd :S

springmur.png

Name: Springmur
Classification: Quick tail pokemon
Type: Grass
Ability: Overgrow (90%) / Speed Boost (10%)
Gender ratio: 50% Male 50% Female
Height: 1' 10"
Weight: 16 pounds
Description: Its curiosity often gets it into trouble, but its superior agility tends to keep it out of harms way. The seeds on its back are still firmly closed.
Evolves: Into Leafleap at lvl 15.

Attacks learned by Level Up:
-Scratch
lvl5 - Tail Whip
lvl 10 - Vine Whip
lvl 14 - Fury Swipes
lvl 19 - Razor Leaf
lvl 22 - Focus Energy
lvl 26 - Fury Swipes
lvl 30 - Mega Drain
lvl 34 - Iron Tail
lvl 39 - Synthesis
lvl 46 - Leaf Blade
lvl 51 - Leaf Storm

Egg Moves:
-Magical Leaf
-Tickle
-Crunch
-Belly Drum
-Thunder Fang
-Fire Fang
-Ice Fang
-Spore

==========================================
toragnit1stagestarter.png

Name: Toragnit
Classification: Tiny Sword pokemon
Type: Fire
Ability: Blaze (50%) / Sturdy (50%)
Gender ratio: 82% Male 18% Female
Height: 1' 00"
Weight: 24 pounds
Description: TORAGNITs search for stones sharp enough to make a blade as soon as they can hover on their own. The hot air in their bulbous body keeps them alof even when asleep.
Evolution: Into Emberge at lvl 18.

Attacks learned by Level Up:
-Tackle
lvl 5 - Smokescreen
lvl 8 - Ember
lvl 13 - Defense Curl
lvl 18 - Iron Defense
lvl 24 - Headbutt
lvl 29 - Slash
lvl 33 - Fire Spin
lvl 37 - Counter
lvl 43 - Swordsdance
lvl 49 - Explosion

Egg Moves:
-Heat Wave
-Focus Energy
-Bide
-Helping Hand
-Gyro Ball
-Double Edge
-Block

The map looks awsome. I like the Star island up top. Which map did you edit it from? Sinnoh? Wow, your starters are awsome, and they evolve quite late compared to the pokemon games. (15,14,16 compared to 23) I see you used my explosion suggestion for Toragnit. I can't wait to see the water Starter!

lol I was so sure the old starters evolved at 26 im not really sure why :S and I didnt edit the map from anything, its scratched from head to toe. It does look a lil like sinnoh though.

This is a very VERY quick sketch of Flamreave, the last stage of Toragnit:
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/3554/embergesp0.png
(Dont laugh this was work of 3 minutes in MS Paint, just cuz inspiration hit me.)

That was good for 3 minutes. That would take me about 10 minutes. It currently looks flat, but I'm guessing you will spruce it up later? That was good Scratch work on the map. It is in the Style of Sinnoh's Overview map. BTW all starters are 82.5% male and 17.5% female. Unless you wanted that to happen.

Also, how do you get that semi-transparent on sprites?
Actually its 87.5% male and 12.5% female. I was close though

Wow, Jey, this is coming along nicely.

So, you are going to redo everything? Trainers and all? That is impressive. I was doing that for my fan region as well.
Hope to see how everything turns out.

That was good for 3 minutes. That would take me about 10 minutes. It currently looks flat, but I'm guessing you will spruce it up later? That was good Scratch work on the map. It is in the Style of Sinnoh's Overview map. BTW all starters are 82.5% male and 17.5% female. Unless you wanted that to happen.
Yeah I was waiting for my lift home and had a couple minutes and inspiration hit me when I started thinking about Darkrai's hair lol. Im gonna do a fully shaded sprite probably tonight. For the starter gender ratio I decided to change it a bit, since I never really got why there were more males :s its just wierd.

Wow, Jey, this is coming along nicely.

So, you are going to redo everything? Trainers and all? That is impressive. I was doing that for my fan region as well.
Hope to see how everything turns out.
Glad you like it. Yeah im probably gonna do everything but I was thinking of grabbing a partner somewhere along the road (you where first on my list but your really busy and I wouldnt want to intrude :D)

Jey, with everything you've done for me I'd help with whatever I can. I would be so honored to work with you. :)
Sure, time is tight right now, but I can always make some for ya.

I like it. Two fan regions (including ShadoPikachu's) that are both well done. And, seeing how well some people can do on scratch spiriting, I think I'll scratch my fakemon, too!

And, on the topic of Springmur, did you get inspired by Nemisis's Florabbit?

AL Likes the Regions!
*POOF!*

And, on the topic of Springmur, did you get inspired by Nemisis's Florabbit?
No I came up with that one while watching something on Discovery channel about lemurs :p I do adore florabit though.

Toragnit seems to be in a different style than the grass starter, Springmur
They are all gonna be pretty different.

Jey, with everything you've done for me I'd help with whatever I can. I would be so honored to work with you.
Sure, time is tight right now, but I can always make some for ya.
ill write up the trainer concepts and pm some too you ^_^ thanks for the help.

I did the shading in pretty much the same way for both, its probably the size thats too wierd in comparison.

Alas, someone created Prof. Maple. Couldn't be long. I just want to ask something. Because it's a starter, you'd expect to use your pok

Just as long as that ability only worked once; it'd be deadly otherwise. Hypothetically, it would get to use a base 250-power move repeatedly without any penalty, as long as it didn't take damage from the enemy.

Take this into consideration. Blaze and its like work like Guts. Swellow almost hits 500 Base Damage with a Choice Band when Guts is active and you're attacking with Facade (472.5 to be exact).

Now back on topic. Everything looks great. Nicely balanced starter and a fair typing. (Not the common Fire/Fighting). It all looks nice. I've got one request (Not a work request, mind you). Taillow and Swellow should be found in the region. And yes, I know I'm totally biased in that statement.  :p

Nice job, keep it up!

I agree with the apparently common opinion. But Snapdragon does provide another good idea on this subject. Using Explosion/Selfdestruct over and over without dying ever does seem like a very unfair advantage.

But does the other pokemon in that line (if you've thought about the middle evo) have the same concept of going 'BOOM!'?

AL

Thats a good point, I didnt know Sturdy could work with explosion. hmm.

Also, Flamerave does not look capable of exploding. >>
Yeah explosion was to be just incase you dont evolve Toragnit :p since he does look like a bomb and all.

I've got one request (Not a work request, mind you). Taillow and Swellow should be found in the region. And yes, I know I'm totally biased in that statement.
Of course, your not the only one thats a fan of those two :p

Il be revamping the 2 starters (again :() tonight to apply what snapdragon posted in the other topic :p maybe that will help them look more "legit"

Just as long as that ability only worked once; it'd be deadly otherwise. Hypothetically, it would get to use a base 250-power move repeatedly without any penalty, as long as it didn't take damage from the enemy.

Of course. Godmode is lame anyways. There's no fun in annhiliating everything in sight if you know that it's because your a cheater. Or hacker. Possibly an illegal modder. Depends really.
I'm just saying that my starter has never fainted before in any pok

quillti6.png
shinyquillup7.png

Mega bump O.o

I failed at the revamps, I just cant sprite that well yet I guess. But here is a new face :D This is Quiqwill the "pikachu" of my region. The final form may be an electric ground type O.o that would be wierd but ill try to make it work. Shiny version is on the right.

PS: Sorry for the delay on progress, got sidetracked by online battling and the likes.

Here are some scans of the water starter sketches I did a lil while back. Yes the sea horse idea got bumped off for a flying fish :D

Oh and a redo sketch of the fire starter line.

Thoughts?

Um, Water starters? Think you uploaded the wrong picture Jey, because I'm seeing the Fire starters. Though they are very nice Fire starters :D

:o

Can't wait to see those in sprite form, dang. Titania looks epic :D

I'm assuming the black lumps are like jewels or something?

Edit: Jey, if you dumped the Sea Horse idea, you need to update the main post :p

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I can't wait to see the sprites either! The sketches look good, I'm liking Titania the most at the moment ^^
I like both the designs and the type combos, they're different (Yey for non Fire/Fighting starter). Great stuff!

Yeah the lumps are jewels, probably in a dark purple tone for those. Im really glad you guys like em ^_^ now I need to figure out how to make them into sprites >

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Tail Punches! Hee hee, they sound fun! Could make a very interesting typing, although it would have a x4 Flying weakness... but then your water starter is also x4 weak against electric so I don't think it matters.

I like the names, none of them sound off or weird to me as I read them anyway. I like Titania's name a lot, and the fire line all have cool names. Springmur is a nice name too, it just seems to fit. I think they're working very well all in all ^^

Yeah the idea was that they all beat each other thanks to their secondary typing but its in reverse. the Water/Flying can KO the Grass/Fighting and hte grass fighting can KO the Fire/Steel etc. (Keep in mind that the fire type will most definatly have some rock moves in his final movepool so he can KO the water starter that way)

Here is a big bunch of sketches that were done when I was home sick last week. It includes the final sketches of the grass starter line which I have grown to adore over all this time of sketching it. Hope everything is more or less clear if not feel free to ask me questions.