• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Korei Region - New map and mighty legendaries.

Im glad you like them. Yeah ive always liked the idea of a Fire/Grass pokemon as well. Plus I love old island goods and tropical legends and the likes so It was a blast to think up.

Here is one that just crash landed into my head as I was watching some TV. Its a liquid steel pokemon that depending on his stats when it hits lvl 32 it will evolve into one of two forms. Its kinda like Deoxys but not a legend and with less power.

They would be a pale silvery grey and have dark inky eyes.

Wow these are awesome. I like how on Fire/Fighting you made 1 tail for 1st evolve, 2nd evolve 2 tails, and 3rd evolve 3 tails. I don't think you did it on purpose but I noticed it and I thought that was cool. Also the Rock/Psychic was awesome. I can imaging the summary from the Pokedex. Maybe it'll say the crystal on it's head gives it the Psychic energy it needs xD. Anyway these are very awesome and creative.

Glad you like em and yes the grass starters tails were thought up on purpose :p The last form also has a lotus flower on its back. I just couldnt think up a pose to show it off well. Oh and you remeinded me I forgot to write out the summaries here :D

Springmur: Its curiosity often gets it into trouble, but its superior agility tends to keep it out of harms way. The bud on its back are still firmly closed.
Leafeep: LEAFEEP's are notoriously quick to react and have used their sharp intellect to develop a whole new self-defence style.
Yemure: A hit from one of YEMURE's tails is enough to knock the breath out of a Machamp. YEMUREs move in an intricate series of strange movements in combat, preventing the opponent from predicting what they will do next.

Toragnit: TORAGNITs search for stones sharp enough to make a blade as soon as they can hover on their own. The hot air in their bulbous body keeps them alof even when asleep.
Emberge: Always tinkering with their birthswords, EMBERGE have worked out a way of making near perfect alloys using various fire attacks to melt and fuse components. The first thing a newly evolved EMBERGE will do is start crafting a buckler for itself in the same manner with what materials are on hand at the time.
Flamereave: Having perfected their alloy crafting, FLAMEREAVE's have used it on themselves after evolution to thicken the metal that composes them and make them much sturdier then most commonly found steels. A plate crafted by a FLAMEREAVE will take any hit without a scratch as long as the FLAMEREAVE that crafted it is happy and healthy.

Sliveriss: Scientists have found fossilized SILVERISS ancestors along the dried up river beds of long gone civilizations. It is beleived that these Pokemon were hunted long ago for their mystical feathers that were said to bring eternal youth.
Archeid: The orbs on its head and tail channel mystical energy from their feathers to form various things like beams of light and protective barriers. ARCHEID's are very calm and collected pokemon that bond well with others.
Titania: Its wings can carry its enormous body effortlessly for days and days. Legends tell of TITANIAs carrying the souls of the dead out to the afterlife and that they can produce a calm and soothing energy with their wings that will quell any anger.

Obtesk: OBTESKs live on sacred grounds and will not leave unless they meet a human they can trust completly. The markings on it are said to have been made by legendary pokemon and designates them as guardians.
Crystor: Crystalline formations have emerged from its obsidian crust upon evolution. The crystals can emit powerful waves of psychic energy when tapped into by the CRYSTOR.
Magistral: The mystical crystals now cover a large part of this Pokemon's body. MAGISTRAL have complete control over their psychic abilities and will never use them to hurt others. This makes them prime choices for trainers that like defensive Pokemon.

Added Pokedex image in the first post. Will update whenever I create new sprites there isntead of posting individual images here. So right now updates are Springmur and Leafeep full sprites and outlines for Emberge and Flamereave. Oh and sprites for the centipede line as well.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Awesome sprites! I love Springmur's line, and the centipede line. I love the colours of Sliveriss and is that a position for a pre evolution of Kecleon I see? XD

Great work/ideas as usual ^^

Sliveriss: Scientists have found fossilized SILVERISS ancestors along the dried up river beds of long gone civilizations. It is beleived that these Pokemon were hunted long ago for their mystical feathers that were said to bring eternal youth.
Archeid: The orbs on its head and tail channel mystical energy from their feathers to form various things like beams of light and protective barriers. ARCHEID's are very calm and collected pokemon that bond well with others.
Titania: Its wings can carry its enormous body effortlessly for days and days. Legends tell of TITANIAs carrying the souls of the dead out to the afterlife and that they can produce a calm and soothing energy with their wings that will quell any anger.

......One question: Where do I get this awesome sounding pokemon?

....One question: Where do I get this awesome sounding pokemon?
Pry it from my still scheming brain :D

I can't wait to see what you have in mind for Nekleon and Drakleon. Oh the suspense!
Here is to stop the suspense. Nekleon will be a cutie lil baby that will evolve to Kecleon with a love probably (even though I hate that method its really just too cute in imagery.) Drakleon will be a Normal/Dragon type that changes type to become the weakness of the opponent (it will determine it by the first type the game lists it as, so Water for Heatran for example.)

Im really glad you guys like my ideas, im working as hard as I can on em. I really wish I was a better spriter but meh it will do for now.

UPDATE! Well not that major but its all on the first post. Rough outlines of the Kecleon line are done and some base colors for Emberge as well. Added some type tags to the DEX as well. Last but certainly not least the 2 sprites for the heroes of the region! These were done by 4pikachu4, many thanks ^.^

P

Pokepok

Wow Jeydis!That is really great!
I especially liked your starter pokemon and the names of the cities are very creative, too. The pokemon descriptions you provided are awesome!!
The maps you have made are very good, too.

Keep up the good work! :)

Some new pokemon sketches, the first of the fossil pokemon that is at the moment unamed. Based on ankilosaurus, they should be physical based and with high defence, probably mono rock or ground types. The other set are yeti/satyr based pokemon that for now are qualified as normal types since I could not think of anything better at the time. Then we have Chimangel, my chimecho evolution. Its a simple sketch but I think its quite adorable, this evolution would occur when chimecho levels up with a soothe bell attached (much like gligar to gliscor.) Last but not least is one of my favourite concepts, the Jackalope pokemon. Sorry for the large images.

ankilopokemon.png

yetipokemon.jpg

chimangel.jpg

jackalope.jpg

Chimangel reminds me so much from the Angel Heartless in KH1.

I'm liking the fossil and Chimangel the most out of these, however all are awesome and up to your great standards - can't wait to see these in sprite form! :D

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
Woot! Another update! I have to agree with Silver Magpie on making the yeti an Ice type. I don't really have a second type in mind. Your prehistoric pokemon look like the have a little protoceratops in them with that frill, esspecially the evolved form. And it's about time someone made a jackalope :)

Love your work Jey, keep it up.

The loading screens on the game im testing are quite long so when they occur I tend to jot down some ideas for the region. Here are all the Pokedex entries that I have worked out:

Smiti, the Satyr pokemon - Dark/Ground - Ground and Monster egg groups
Dex entry: SMITI's are mischeavous forest pokemon. They love to ram people in the legs with their heads and then cackle from the shadows.

Yettio - The Satyr pokemon - Dark/Ground - Ground and Monster egg groups
Dex entry: Inhabitants of the dark woods of the north, YETTIOs tend to play mean tricks on humans all the time, making them disliked by lots of residents.

Chimangel - The Angelic pokemon - Psychic - Indeterminate egg group
Dex entry: The bell on its tail emits a sound that can soothe any being that hears it. CHIMANGEL's halo acts as a focusing lens for its psychic abilities.

Luvoa - The lovely pokemon - Water - Water 2 Egg group
Dex Entry: LUVOAs group together under and around coral reefs and pait up with mates based on each other's tail glows. Females grow up to be much larger then males. (This is a luvdisk evo that I finished sketching the other day, I dont have access to a scanner atm but ill show it to you guys soon)

Jakalo the Jackalope pokemon - Grass - Plant/Fairy egg group
Dex Entry: JAKALO's berries are very sweet and tend to attract other pokemon, this is a problem for the very shy JAKALOs.

Jakalore the Jackalope pokemon - Grass - Plant/Fairy egg group
Dex Entry: Jackalore's are furtive and fast, only showing themselves to trainers and pokemon they like. The berries from it are very tasty but rarely shared by the pokemon itself.

Rettitail the Bludgeon pokemon - Ground - Monster egg type
Dex entry: This pokemon roamed the plains long ago. It's hide and tail bludgeon are very hard and leathery to the touch. RETTITAILs are quite relaxed and tend to take things one step at a time. (This is the ankilosaurus pokemon that was unnamed until now and the evolution is the following.)

Plateron the Plated pokemon - Ground/Rock - Monster egg group
Dex Entry: Using their headplates as sheilds, PLATERONs would defend the young of the herd with their lives. Their mighty tails would be used to smash down trees filled with tender leaves and fruits for the whole herd to feast on.

Millipede the multi-leg pokemon - Bug - Bug egg group
Dex entry: MILIPEDEs are rather tough for their size. Their exoskeletons can withstand large amounts of pressure before cracking.

Centarde the centipede pokemon - Bug/Poison - Bug egg group
Dex entry: It fools predators into biting its head shaped tail which filled with a paralysing agent. The tail grows back in a matter of minutes.

Templi the Template pokemon - Steel - Humanshape egg group
Dex entry: TEMPLI's silvery flesh can adapt to most situations with ease. They are very social by nature and easy to introduce to a trainer's team.

Terronax the Solid pokemon - Steel - Humanshape egg group
Dex entry: TERRONAX will defend anything smaller then itself whenever it can, for nothing in return. Outter shell of a TERRONAX can be mistaken for steel walls when the pokemon is asleep.

Scaronax the Shifting pokemon - Steel - Humanshape egg group
Dex Entry: This aggressive pokemon loves to battle and will challenge any pokemon in its territory for its own amusement. It is often seen training wild pokemon to fight if they have lost to it.

Tikii the tribal pokemon - Grass - Plant/humanshape egg groups
Dex entry: TIKII's bodies emit a deep percussion like noise when hit around the belly area. They can be seen along the craggy sides of volcanoes.

Tribeat the tribal pokemon - Grass/Fire - Pant/Humanshape egg groups
Dex entry: TIBEATs live in small huts built in tropical trees, always near the volcano where they were born. They wield torches made of the same wood then their face masks which makes the torch resistant to even the fiercest blaze.

Firatu the Tribal pokemon - GRass/Fire - Plant/Humanshape egg groups
Dex Entry: Now merged with the flame resistant wood, Firatu controls flame as easily as it can control the Grass elements of its well devellopped body.

Sorry if any errors are seen, im typing this kinda fast since im at work.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Nice Dex Entries Jeydis, it's always interesting to read their descriptions. I had a good giggle imagining Jakalo and Jakalore being chased by hordes of Munchlax wanting their berries XD

Feel free to make the vision come to life with your great artisic skills :p I have to admit I would not mind seeing that lol. Im very glad you like my works, ill be off for a couple of weeks for xmas holidays so I should get some time to sprite some stuff for Korei, I hope so anyway.

New sketches and updated DEX sprites!

So here we have in order: Luvoa, Karmvolt and Karmstel, Solarc, Lunaris and Quaton. All in all mostly new evolutions appart from the Karm cycle which are my sort of Rotom wannabes. Luvoa evoles from Luvdisk when at max happiness and holding a Heart scale. Solarc and Lunaris evolve from Solrock and Lunatone respectivly, by using a Stellar plate on them. And Quaton evolves from Swalot when holding a Full incense and leveling up to lvl 50.

Luvoa.jpg

Karmstel.jpg

Solarc.jpg

Lunaris.jpg

Quaton.jpg

And here is the dex update, so now we have an outline for Archeid and some shading done on Drakleon and Obtesk. Plus some base colors for Crystor and some touch ups on that line in general.

Psycho Monkey

As always, great sketches Jey. I esspecially love how Quaton is standing over that city like it's about to eat it :D.

O*gasp*M*gasp*G!!!*snicker* Quaton made me LOL harder than I have in ages. That image is way too funny for me to be heathly. *wipes away tears* Lunaris looks awesome by the way.

Silveriss looks so preeeeeety when sprited *strokes* I demand to see Archeid and Titania! Centarde also looks pretty cool, something I really don't want to run into unless I have some fire pokemon on me. Also, your Dex entries below say that Centarde is a Bug/Poison type, but the sprite says only Bug.

Cool cool and cooler. Keep it up so I can seez Archeid and Titania.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Oh how I love your sketches XD

Solarc's expression is awesome, he looks like he's just overdosed on sleeping pills. Very unusually for me, I have to say I really like Karmstel. I normally dislike Pokemon that aren't animal based, or looks metalish/man made. But I loves him, maybe because he looks like a bat. He's just so awesome ^^

Quaton = win on so many levels. "I shall celebrate my reaching level 50 by destroying the world." XD

Big update up in the original post, there si a new map and some new town arrangements, the whole region is starting to "solidify" in this scheming brain of mine. The legendary trio is pretty much done concepting at the moment, they will be a trio of pokemon with the Rock paper scissors mechanic that the starters have they will be: Flying, Rock and Grass types, pure for each.

Aeronas.png

Name: Aeronas
Species: The Pure Pokemon
Types: Flying
Dex Entry: AERONAS is said to me the maker of dreams for both humans and pokemon. AERONAS flies so high in the sky and lands so rarely that barely any records have been kept about it.

Maturadin.png

Name: Maturadin
Species: The Titan Pokemon
Types: Rock
Dex Entry: Legends tell of the mighty turtle MATURADIN sleeping deeply in the ocean. It is said that while it sleeps MATURADIN can sense every living entity on the planet within its mighty mind.

Wildkii.png

Name: Wildkii
Species: The Wild Pokemon
Types: Grass
Dex Entry: WILDKII is said to be the living force behind the WILD LANDS. Very few reports have been made about this fierce pokemon, but onlookers have said to have gotten a glimpse of the pokemon among the brambles of thorny thicket that cover the WILD LANDS.

(Sorry about the terrible quality of this, I have just recently started sketching things directly in Photoshop and this with a mediocre mouse and not a tablet.)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'm in love with the patterns on Wildkii's arms and head twig. They're really striking.

All three look like awesome Legendaries, I'm loving the little 'Dex entries behind them, especially Aeronas. The dream idea is lovely.

It might be difficult to sprite those little patterns onto a sprite, they'd be so small! XD

Psycho Monkey

(Sorry about the terrible quality of this, I have just recently started sketching things directly in Photoshop and this with a mediocre mouse and not a tablet.)

What do you mean terrible quality? Those Legendaries are beautiful! Simply amazing Jey! Their designs are flawless, and I like how they counter eachother type wise. *bows down to the master*

Glad you guys like em ^_^ and for the line designs they are gonna be similar to what my current signature golduck has all over her body. I will probably put less though.

Now here are some sketches fresh from today. They are: my poison Eevee evolution, Veneon (who will probably get an ear redo soon), Rowen who is my Stantler evolution (and who will probably get a name change soon) and finally Crackle and Tazar a for-fun experiment in mixing types being Elec/Bug pokemon.
Tell me what you guys think :D

EDIT: I also finished up the sprited form of Aeronas ^_^ tell me what you think. PS: I

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Unusually, since I'm not the biggest fan on insect-type Pokemon, I think I like Tazar the most. He's awesome, and his name made me giggle. Crackle is cutie too ^^

Veneon has a very interesting design. The lifted front leg looks a little off though, it looks out of place. But they're sketches so meh :p

Stantler so needed an evolution!

Awesome sketches as always Jey, and the sprite of Aeronas looks great. You pulled the line detail off perfectly, and I love the shading and colours. Awesomeness ^^

Unusually, since I'm not the biggest fan on insect-type Pokemon, I think I like Tazar the most. He's awesome, and his name made me giggle. Crackle is cutie too ^^

Veneon has a very interesting design. The lifted front leg looks a little off though, it looks out of place. But they're sketches so meh :p

Stantler so needed an evolution!

Awesome sketches as always Jey, and the sprite of Aeronas looks great. You pulled the line detail off perfectly, and I love the shading and colours. Awesomeness ^^

I am glad you liked em Magpie. ^_^ For the leg, yeah I know I have terrible anatomy particularly with four legged creatures. Gonna work on some more sprites tonight as well, probably finish up the starter lines :D