• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Kanto Pokémon League; The Next Generation RP

Gym Challenge - The Pewter Greenhouse - Archer vs. Mira

Hana rushed to unlock the greenhouse first, then ran, coffee cup in hand, to go stand tall atop the pink flower podium at the end of a long, brick hallway. Confident among tall blades of grass and colorful hibiscus flowers, she stood in the shadow of a great and tall palm tree.

The blonde beauty shut her violet compact as a trainer approached, satisfied with how her natural-looking makeup turned out today. A pile of leaves shuddered behind her, then suddenly leapt out in front of the gym trainer! A yellow head poked out of green leaves, and vocalized, "Swadloon! Swaaaa!"

"Not everything is as it seems," Mira reiterated, through cherry-blossom pink lips. "Sometimes, the leaves that fall aren't leaves at all!" Her hand outstretched, showing off the flowery nail art that adorned each and every finger. "Swadloon, use Protect!" she ordered. Right out of the gate, the Leaf-Wrapped Pokémon put up a wall of semi-transparent blue energy.

Sarah rolled her eyes. She took the food and returned all but her buneary. Who stayed in Sarah's hair on her shoulder. She turned towards Hana. "I will see you at your gym Hana. I will fill you in after everything has settled down. As you can see I am kind of have my hands full." Sarah followed Archer to the gym. She did not want to deal with the girl and her ghost types. Sarah found the other gym trainer battling the impatient boy. She stood off to the side and watched the battle. She was glad her egg was coming along nicely. It would not be long before it hatched.

Pewter City Gym
Hmph if she’s just gonna use defense, let’s boost our stats while we wait. “Taillow work up then double team!” Archer shouted to the tiny bird Pokémon. Taillow shrouded itself with a red aura, visibly seemed more powerful as a result, and began making copies of itself. Soon the air was filled replicas of the bird, as both the trainer and Pokémon waited for an opening to attack.

Last edited:
Protect wasn't going to keep working over and over again, but Swadloon didn't have much else to do against Archer's Taillow. "Protect again, Swadloon!" Though she tried to keep her Pokémon's defenses up, when Mira gave the order a second time, Swadloon's force field simply fizzled into a puff of grey smoke.

"And follow up with a Grasswhistle!" One of the leaves over Swadloon's body bent, and the Pokémon played a pleasant melody between the folds.

Pewter City Gym @Von Pumpkin
Archer knew he was in trouble if that grasswhistle got to the real Taillow, but he soon came up with a plan. “Taillow use growl!” He commanded. All the clones of the bird Pokémon began loudly chirping, the result was a torturous barrage of sounds coming from all directions. However, Archer knew it was well worth it. If the sound of the growls overcame that of grasswhistle, the move would have no effect. Now there was an opening for attack, “Taillow, wing attack!” He shouted over the noise. All the clones’ wings shined a white light as they simultaneously dove towards the leaf-wrapped Pokémon. Archer smirked as a thought crossed his mind: With the boosted power from work up and Swadloon’s severe weakness to flying attacks due to its bug/grass duel type, this should be enough to end it.

Last edited:
Pewter City Greenhouse

"Swaa--!!!" the Pokémon cried, drowned in the barrage of growls. Feathers against leaves silenced the Pokémon mid-shout, and once the Taillow's seemingly-endless barrage of wings finished the Swadloon in a single true hit, Mira cradled the little bug in her arms. Medicines rubbed over the bug-type's body, while pink lips pushed out a cute pout.

"I guess we're the ones who fell," she admitted, with a smile that she could only hold up by a pair of pins on either side of her face. "Go on, Hana's right up ahead."

Hanabi took two Pokéballs from atop a piece of railing, but didn't yet let out a Pokémon. She waited to see if he kept out Taillow, or if he wanted to let Squirtle for this. Things, after all, were not what they seemed. "You did good work in that battle, Archer!" she called from her podium. "But fighting a gym leader isn't going to be that easy."

Hana let a Pokéball expand in her outstretched hand. "Let's see what you got!"

Pewter City Greenhouse @Von Pumpkin
“I should hope not, I could use a good challenge” Archer confidently responded, only half joking. “Taillow take a shot break, you deserve it.” Archer complimented the bird Pokémon as he returned it. “Squirtle you’re up!” He announced as he sent out the tiny blue turtle. Archer braced himself, he had yet to experience the power of a gym leader in battle.

Pewter City Greenhouse - Archer vs. Hanabi

Squirtle. Archer chose to lead with the water-type. Good. A knowing smirk grew across Hana's lips. "Sudowoodo, let's go, okay?" Her middle finger pressed against the button in the center of the simple red-and-white Pokéball. The bottom dropped down; the tree-mimic popped out in a flash of red light.

The 'tree' wiggled like a boiled noodle.

"Sudowoodo, Hidden Power." The rock-type gathered energy from within. After a mere moment's concentration, green energy poured out in the shape of a ring that centered around the Pokémon's body. Despite the color, on close inspection, waves of electricity flowed through the green ring of light.

Pewter Gym
Archer pulled out his Pokédex “Sudowoodo, the Imitation Pokémon. A Rock type. Sudowoodo imitates a tree to avoid enemy attacks, but its body is more like rock. It's weak against water, and when faced with rain, runs away.” Huh things really aren’t as they seem in this gym, I guess I was lucky I switched to Squirtle thought Archer. The tree Pokémon then sent a mysterious looking green ring away from its body. I don’t know what that is but it doesn’t look good “Squirtle dodge it!” The tiny turtle ducked down, narrowly avoiding the mystery green ring. “Now use water gun!” Squirtle stood back up and let out a blast of water from its mouth.

Pollen-Puff

Previously Ampharos' Dragon Blood
Lizzie heard a heated battle going on at the Pewter Gym nearby, so she went to watch. A Squirtle and Sudowoodo were battling, and the Imitation Pokemon used Hidden Power, which the turtle narrowly dodged. This is going to be good... The Squirtle looked very strong, as did the Sudowoodo. "Go, both of you!"

Hana's smirk didn't budge a millimeter. "Sudowoodo!" she called out. "Smash that Water Gun with a Wood Hammer!"

The pseudo-tree jumped forward. It swung its arm around, through the stream of water that Squirtle sprayed, like a moss-covered club that headed straight for the turtle's head. It had no time to cry out in the midst of its attack, but the water smoothed out its formerly-bumpy arm as it swung, betraying the damage done to the Sudowoodo.

Hana took a brief moment to wave in Lizzie's direction, but soon returned to focus on the battle at hand. They could catch up with each other after this battle; for now, Hana had a job to do.

“Squirtle quick withdraw!” Archer knew they couldn’t avoid the incoming attack, but perhaps they could decrease the damage done. The tiny turtle quickly retreated into its shelf, just moments before being sent flying into a nearby palm tree. “Squirtle are you okay?!” Archer shouted to the Pokémon, not sure if his plan had succeeded. He was relieved to see Squirtle emerge from its shell and give a cheer in response. Archer could not help but feel bad for his injured partner, but Squirtle’s current state was by far preferable to the alternative if it had been hit full force.
Squirtle jumped back in front of his trainer as Archer began planning their next move.

The Squirtle may have been ready and raring to go, but the force Sudowoodo brought on itself as it hit toppled the Imitation Pokémon to the ground. Hana returned the false tree to its ball and in its place, brought out a more colorful rock-type: Lileep. Pink tendrils swayed back and forth as she swayed her heavy head.

"Lileep! Ingrain!"

Hana's order prompted the Pokémon to step out into the garden. Roots grew from her body and spread into the moist earth beneath her feet.

Archer was taken aback for a moment. This was the strangest looking Pokémon he had ever laid eyes upon. The strange bright colors and pink tendrils gave it an almost otherworldly appearance. Archer didn’t have time to research the Pokémon with his Pokédex since Hana ordered a move almost immediately. Roots shot out from the Pokémon and planted in the ground. Archer was familiar with the move ingrain and he knew he had to separate the Pokémon from the vines if he didn’t want to be fighting at a disadvantage. “Squirtle quickly use water gun!” Archer shouted. A blast of water came shooting out from Squirtle, Archer hoped it would be enough to force the Lileep to dodge and, therefore, be uprooted.

"Don't try to dodge, Lileep." Even though Hana gave the order, Lileep felt perfectly comfortable staying right where she was without being told. The Pokémon not only didn't dodge the Squirtle's Water Gun, but the stream bent in order to hit Lileep head-on! It passed harmlessly over her purple body, and her roots absorbed the fallen drops without an inch of damage.

"Lileep's ability is Storm Drain," Hana explained. "When she's hit with a Water type move, she gets stronger! Now, Lileep! Use Acid!" The Lileep bent her head down, perfectly eye level to the turtle, and sprayed out a mass of disgusting, purple droplets at high speed.

“Oh no, Squirtle dodge it!” Archer shouted hoping to avoid the powerful attack. However it was no use, both the trainer sand Pokémon were distracted by the baffling storm drain ability and didn’t have time to react. Squirtle was sent flying backwards, and after the acid attack had washed away, a fainted Squirtle was made visible. Archer returned the Squirtle to its pokeball “You did great buddy, I should’ve known better, sorry.” Archer said to the shiny ball in his hand. “Alright Taillow it’s all you!” Archer exclaimed as he sent out the tiny bird Pokémon. “Double team then Work Up!” Archer commanded. It worked once, it’ll work again he thought to himself as Taillow replicated the previous combo.

"Strats so nice, you'll use 'em twice?" Hana giggled behind the two fingers she pressed up against her lips.

He'll start with those two, then try to disorient Lileep. Taillow's Flying type will damage Lileep normally; enough disorientation might win the battle... I have to hit him while he's still getting ready. I can't let him leave here thinking nobody can counter that strategy.

"Lileep, hit every one of those images at once," she ordered, calm as could be. Before Hana uttered the words, "Hidden Power," a burst of green energy licked out of Lileep like a ring of oddly-colored flame, on all sides. Whether it was an afterimage or the Taillow itself didn't matter; the ring targeted every sight of Taillow around Lileep. "And Ancientpower for good measure!" Various stones around the battlefield sucked up to the space above Lileep's head, then burst out in a wild circle around the sea lily.

Taillow doubles began to vanish one after the other. “Use quick attack to dodge the rocks!” The real Taillow revealed itself front the clones, diving downwards with great speed and expertly threading its way through the rocks. “Now use peck!” Taillow had finally worked its way close enough to Lileep and appeared to be ready to deliver a finishing blow when a rock slammed into it from behind. The bird crashed into a tree behind the Lileep. “Taillow are you ok?!” Archer shouted to the Pokémon, his response was a weak caw. Archer knew he couldn’t waste a second, a moment of inaction was a moment a gym leader would expand upon. “Taillow time for our final gambit, use double team then focus energy.” Archer commanded, his eyes focused on the plants surrounding Taillow and nodded ever so slightly, only enough for a bird’s trained eye to catch. Before taking off in flight the tiny bird look at its trainer and nodded, Archer smirked, Taillow was a smart Pokémon and had realized his plan. Tens of copies of the bird began taking off from the ground, once again filling the air. Their eyes began to squint and glow an orangish color as they focused their energy into their next attack. “Now wing attack.” The birds simultaneously flew slightly upward before diving down towards Lileep, wings glowing the entire time.

Pewter Gym- @Ampharos' Dragon Blood, @Von Pumpkin, @Mango137

Sarah had been watching the battle between Archer and Hana for a bit until Lizzie walked in. Sarah remembered that Lizzie was with the other trainer. Where could they be. She did not see the girl with the eevee anywhere. She hoped she was ok. Sarah walked over to the girl. "Hey Lizzie what's up? Where is that girl Allie. I thought you were travelling with her."

Hana ducked down, wincing as the rooted Lileep took on the full force of a Wing Attack that had been strengthened to hell and back. She'd done her job as a Gym Leader. She'd made her challenger go whole hog on his strategy, super-charging an attack for the one-hit-knockout, even at a disadvantage. The eyes situated in the Pokémon's dark, inky center lost focus, then shut. "You did good, Lileep," she told the fainted Pokémon, as she returned her to her ball. She pressed some revives and sprayed a few potions into the balls, then set them back down where she'd first left them.

"I confer onto you the Camouflage Badge," she announced, as she pulled the trinket from her drawstring purse and handed it over. "And the TM for Hidden Power. It's a move that changes type based on your Pokémon's individuality." She did the same for a white-colored disc. "You can use that HM as many times as you like--"

Did... Did Sarah just say what Hana thought she heard? "Uh, yeah, use that as many times as you like." Did she have to leave now? Ugh, but what if Allie came to the gym and she wasn't there? But, what if Allie was in danger? Hana hurriedly chugged the rest of her coffee down.

Pollen-Puff

Lizzie was completely focused on the battle until she heard Sarah ask her about Allie. "I can't really say, we found some Pokemon and then I caught one. It used Assist and confused me and Porygon2 had to drag me here. I heard something interesting happening here and got distracted, I hope she's okay..."

“Nice job Taillow!” He shouted as he ran out to congratulate his Pokémon. “You were amazing!” He exclaimed as he hugged the bird Pokémon. Archer regained his composure as the gym leader approached him, handing him a badge and a new TM. “Haha jeez thanks, I wish I could take credit but it really was all Taillow and Squirtle.” Archer awkwardly chuckled as he received the badge from Hana. Hana split off and approached the other two girls. Archer began to walk away but overheard them talking about the Allie girl he had met at the professor’s. “Is everything alright?” He interjected.

"You mean to tell me that Allie was left alone? The only reason we talked about going with them was so they would not be alone if the group that stole the Charmander from the professor. What happened?" Sarah was not happy. How could Lizzy take off without the very person they tried to care for.

Pollen-Puff

Lizzie protested and childishly said "It wasn't my fault! If this little guy," she sent out Purrloin "hadn't used Assist to use Psybeam and confuse me, then I would know where she is! Besides, I think I have a plan to find her." She thought for a while and then said, "Porygon2's ability, Download, had triggered when it saw the girl's Eevee. If he sees a Pokemon, Download will trigger and he will have their stats added to his hardware. When it's close to the Eevee, it can compare the new packet of data to the Eevee's packet and confirm or deny a match."