• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Kalos Region Adventure

Sign Up Here: https://pokecharms.com/threads/kalos-region-adventure-sign-up.19075/

The Kalos Region, like the other regions a beautiful place where People and Pokemon live in harmony, reflecting each other's thoughts and feelings. When people smile, Pokemon smile. And when Pokemon cry, you'll find that people are crying as well. And after the defeat of Team Flare, the region has become much more peaceful.

"Finally Lumiose City," Landon stated as he took his first step into the large city. Landon was a trainer from the Sinnoh Region with goals of Pokemon a Pokemon Champion. As Landon walked through the city he noticed a sign that read "Professor Sycamore Lab This Way" Landon decided to follow the sign and see Professor Sycamore so he could register for the Kalos League. Not long after Landon found himself standing outside Professor Sycamore's Lab.

"Professor Sycamore is said to be a leading expert in Pokemon Evolution," Landon muttered, and he grabbed his Keystone.

"So, where are you going?" Elliot asked as he looked up from his 3DS and watched his childhood friend deep in thought. Her blue eyes glided over to him before going back to the blue skies outside her window. They've been on the flight to Kalos and not once did he caught her dozing off.

"To Unova..." Elliot gave her a look.

"Be serious, Sans. We're in a plane that is going to Kalos, not Unova." Sansa gave him a huffed and mock glared before retorting with "Be smart, El-diot. Can't you detect sarcasm anymore or your finally getting retarded because of your age?"

Elliot gasped, before furiously defended himself "I'm just a year older than you!" The two friends glared at each other for five minutes before bursting in laughter, they ignored the looks the other passengers gave them.

When they arrived in Kalos, the two friends goes on their separate ways. Elliot to the first Pokémon Center or Gym and Sansa to Professor Sycamore's lab. "I hope Mohn wouldn't mind foreign companions." she said to herself as she kept a slow pace towards the Professor's lab.

Landon was about to enter the Professor's lab before seeing someone on their way towards the lab. "Could they be a trainer as well?" Landon asked himself quietly. Landon stepped away from the lab and towards the trainer.

"Hey," he greeted, "By any chance are you on your way to Professor Sycamore's lab as well?" he asked out of curiosity.

Sansa stopped, looked at the trainer and stood up straight. She gave him a bored looked which might have appeared as if she was glaring at him "No, I'm actually going to that mysterious building over there," she points at a random direction "And have a transaction with a Magikarp scammer." she sighed and shook her head.

She looked back at him this time with a smile and a tired and bored posture "I'm just kidding, no harm done. And yes, I mean we are literally in front of the lab." she said and gave him a carefree smile.

"You could have just been passing by," Landon sighed, "I'm Landon, I'm from Twinleaf Town, in Sinnoh and I'm going to become Sinnoh's next Champion!" he declared out loud half embarrassed. Landon shook his head quickly before extending his hand and giving a sincere smile, "Anyway, I'm Landon, a Pokemon Trainer."

"I heard you the first time." she mumbled and accepted his hand "I'm Sansa, and I'm just a tourist here." she let go of his hand, blinking the tiredness out of her eyes "If your going to be a Sinnoh Champion, what are you doing here?" Sansa asked as she resumed climbing the stairs to her destination. She opened the door and glanced at him, she gave a playful smile and proceed to open the door wide "Lady's first." she gave him a bow with a grin and shaking shoulders as she tried to contained her laughter.

"Ah, Lumiose City. We finally made it, and that intoxicating aroma is in the air. Do you smell it bro?"

"N-no, what am I suppose to smell?"

"Why the sent of adventure! Once we enter and you get your starter, a journey unlike any other awaits you! It's time for the Pokemon world to know your name!"

Just outside Lumiose City stood a pair of siblings. One, Riley Robinson, had returned from her journey to Unova with then intent to journey through her home region. Though the real reason she had returned home was because of the smaller boy she had been standing with.

Her younger brother Ethan, who was ready to set off on his own journey...or at least that's what he had to remind himself as he remained a bundle of nerves which was why Riley insisted that she journey with Ethan. Mainly to try and get those nerves to settle so he can have fun and become the trainer she knew he could be.

"Well, come on. Professor Sycamore isn't gonna bump into us." Riley urged, though with a supportive tone as Ethan took a deep breath before he and Riley made their way towards the city with the aim to find the professor's lab, though Riley had been eager to enjoy the sights along the way. Ethan to, even if he had kept his gaze away from the other people.

"Haha," Landon called out as he walked through. "The reason I'm in Kalos is because I enjoy travelling to other regions and getting stronger, and I'm also in Kalos because I recently finished my successor training in Shalour City," Landon stated as he raised up the pink stone that was hanging around his neck. Landon looked around the lab seeing many books and pictures, "Hey speaking of which, why are you here in Kalos, if your 'just a tourist'" Landon mocked with a playful grin.

Sansa made a silly face of contemplation before she closed the door and simply shrugged "A break." she looked around as well before her eyes zeroed on the books "And a therapist..." she mumbled as she made her way to the books "I mean, trainers gonna have those mini-breaks, right? The Champion of Kanto seemed to disagree on it but if you see him sleeping in a recliner, you would have thought otherwise." by now she was auto-talking to him as she opened one of the books that grabbed her interest. She stopped and blinked "Hmmm... What's Mega Evolution?" she asked as she squinted at the book.

"Mega Evolution is something only certain Pokemon can do, it requires a trainer to be in possession of a Keystone, and a Pokemon to have a compatible Mega Stone," Landon explained.

"And it is also the highlight of my research," a man called out, Landon looked up to see someone with black hair and a lab coat, "If you'd like I can tell you a bit more," the man said as he invited both Landon and Sansa upstairs.

"Wow, your explanation is spot on." Sansa commented as she glanced at Landon but another voice grabbed her attention "And it is also the highlight of my research," she looked at the man 'He must be the Professor.' she thought as she closed the book "If you'd like I can tell you a bit more," Sansa grinned her thirst for knowledge hiking up to her throat as she accepted his invitation. Then a sudden thought struck her, she leaned to Landon and whispered "For some reason, the lesson of my parents 'Don't talk to strangers' suddenly brushed my mind."

"Oh, I could learn a bit more about this. Sounds so cool."

Riley and Ethan, who had hidden himself behind his sibling once he saw the other trainers present, arrived at the lab and had caught the tail end of the trainer & professor's explanation of Mega Evolution which fascinated Riley. Though naturally she focused on the task at hand, as she moved aside and gave an encouraging motion forward as Ethan took a deep breath and walked up to the professor.

"E-excuse me professor, but um...I am a new trainer and am told that you have starter Pokemon available?" Ethan asked, though his tone showed her nerves even as he managed to get his main point across. Not quite as eloquently as he might have liked but what was said was said as he waited for the professor's response.

"Don't worry," Landon whispered back, "This is Professor Sycamore, he's not exactly a stranger." Professor Sycamore brought everyone to a lounge area where there were some cups of tea set out. Landon looked to one of the two who had entered the lab. "Hey you said you're a new trainer right?" Landon asked, "Well are you excited to get your first Pokemon?"

Professor Sycamore smiled as he brought out a tray of 3 Pokeballs, "I actually was anticipating your arrival," Professor Sycamore stated as he grabbed some Pokedexs and handed them out, "Please take these Pokedexs as a gift from me." Professor Sycamore then grabbed one of the three Pokeballs from the tray, "Now then Ethan, I'd like to introduce to the three Kalos Starter Pokemon," he stated as he threw three Pokeballs into the air, releasing a small fox-like Pokemon, a Pokemon with spines on its head, and a frog-like Pokemon with bubbles around its neck. "First is Chespin, a Grass-Type," Professor Sycamore gestured the Pokemon with spines, "Next is Froakie, a Water-Type," he gestured the one with bubbles around its neck, "And last but not least is Fenniken, the Fire-Type," all three of the Pokemon tried making themselves look as presentable as possible.

Ethan had felt a little encouragement from this trainer's advise as he and Riley followed them towards a room Professor Sycamore led them towards. Ethan had overheard the trainer's question as he still avoided direct eye contact initially before he mustered up just enough to look the trainer in the eye to give his answer.

"Y-yeah, more than anything." Ethan said with some genuine excitement which only increased as the young trainer saw the professor release each of the starter Pokemon along with a helpful introduction as Ethan looked on in aww. Riley had been reminded of her own experience with Professor Juniper when she showed her the starters of Unova, and much as she had then Ethan had a hard time deciding which starter to go with as his gaze shifted between all three of them as Ethan had been unsure of who to select.

Oh man, they are all too cute, too cool! Gah who do I pick? Come on Ethan you have to decide.

Sansa merely gave a quick a smile at the two new arrivals as she followed them to the lounge area. She listen to every word that the Professor said until he gave her Kalos' Pokedex, from the point on she didn't listen to anything around. She toyed with it for a bit, checking it's apps and settings, she was both fascinated and disappointed. The feeling of disappointment seem to won her over as her facial expression were locked on a frown, then she caught the sight of three starters.

She grinned, reminiscing at the time she met her starter. She looked over Landon "So are you going to pick one? From what you've told me, you are far from being a beginner." she then turned to the young boy and gave him a smile "Ya know in my region, we choose our Pokémon waited for them to also choose us. Only when you have chosen each other can you truly call each other partners, or what that ol' Hala says it. I'm Sansa, by the way. Nice to meet you." she gave them, the Alola greeting.

Dakota had recently obtained her 5th gym badge from the Lumiose City gym. Now it had been time to rest, especially for her Pokémon. "Ry-ry!" Ryka, the Raichu, chirped. He had been the most impressive in that gym battle considering he was also an electric type. "Yeah, you did well. Now, considering the amount of Pokémon in our team so far...I was thinking that soon we could catch one more?" Dakota said to Ryka. The mouse Pokémon responded with an excited swish of his long tail. "In that case, let's get going!" As they walked from the looming seine of Lumiose City, the duo neared Professor Sycamore's lab. "I suppose it wouldn't hurt to stop by and say hi to the Professor again, would it? Although I'm not sure if he'll remember me considering it's been two years since I chose my starter." She had asked herself this but the Raichu was keen on meeting the Professor and ran off into the lab. "Oh, Ryka!" She ran after him and ended up in Professor Sycamore's lab. "Ah, jeez. Sorry for barging in like that, Ryka was-" She cut off when she saw a group of trainers looking at the three starters. She assumed these were new trainers.

(Ayy I hope that wasn't too bad of an intro •~•)

Riley observed Ethan as his eyes darted back and forth between all three starters as he had no clue who he wanted to select. Eventually though, Ethan approached the Froakie as he crouched down in front of it.

"H-hey there little guy, want to...want to be my partner?" Ethan asked, as despite having been given a choice he still felt the need to ask if the Pokemon itself was okay with being partners with it.

Riley smiled at this, before she gazed at the new arrivals into the lab as if she tried to get a read on them.

"Getting your first Pokemon is the best thing ever!" Landon cheered, "Back when I started my journey, I couldn't wait to get my first Pokemon." Landon then turned to Sansa to answer her question. "I'm pretty sure I'm not aloud," Landon replied to Sansa. Landon looked at Ethan for a moment as he thought back to when he chose his first Pokemon. "Hey Sansa, you said you're from Alola right? So which Pokemon did you start off with?" Landon asked curious as to what other people chose as their first Pokemon.

"Hello there," Professor Sycamore greeted Dakota and Ryka. Professor Sycamore looked to Froakie for a moment before walking towards Ethan, "You know I think Froakie would enjoy travelling with you," Professor Sycamore stated as he grabbed Froakie's Pokeball. Froakie quickly jumped towards Ethan in excitement.

"One, two, three, one, two, three, sousous, kick, and now, Giselle! Use fairy wind!"

The kirlia kicked up a sparkling pink gust, covering her and her mistress, as they went in for a jump together. Katy's very first showcase was coming up soon, and she and hrr kirlia had a ton of practice to do, for the freestyle round.

Katy and Giselle eventually came to a finish, bowing, as though awaiting applause.

The plane landing was the WORST part of flying when it came to Karen. Having grown up away from flying and instead walking and hiking, Karen was completely alien to the idea of a large hunk of metal flying her across massive distances. To back that fear up more, she avoided any chance to leave the ground. So, instead she took a boat.

It was a pretty expensive ride - nearly one thousand dollars were needed to board it and that was without the extra care and treatment - You know how it goes. The rocking of the boat was sickening occasionally but overall it beat staring out a window some twenty thousand feet above the ground below. On the ride, she had caught a Litten who was abandoned by trainers on the boat who didn't want the fire cat any longer. It was a shame.

After several days on the ocean, Karen arrived at Kalos at last. The sun was bright out and made her cover her eyes with winces and complaints of barreling heat at Coumarine City. Wave crashes were heard along the boat side and the docks which said ship unloaded the people and Pokemon aboard.

"Here we are, Pichu!" Karen exclaimed as the electric rodent climbed onto the top of her head. "Coumarine City... Very warm place!"

Pichu nodded and took in the amazement first breaths of the brand new region. Instead of finishing their journey in Sinnoh, they embarked to Kalos for a whole new taste of the world. The journey was starting here.

"Piiiichu~" Pichu chimed in as Litten followed behind them slowly - still not liking the idea of a mass of people. "Pi?"

Litten kept close to Pichu - almost acting as a protector.

"You two ready? We have a long way to go... according to this Kalos map. The next stop is Lumiose City!"

"Meeeeeeew," Litten agreed as she scaled up Karen's back and rested on the top of her purse. Pichu just waited to get picked up before being placed on the right shoulder of Karen. Now, it was time to move.

Dakota felt out of place just standing there but thankfully she only got a brief, 'hello' so she wasn't too embarrassed. Before Ryka could run off again, she picked him up, struggling a little with his size, and quickly walked out of the lab. She sighed. "Thank jeebus they didn't notice us." She huffed as she half-dropped her Raichu down. "Hey, you gonna behave now?" Ryka gave her a glare and annoyed flick of the ear but obeyed. He followed his trainer as she walked down the path across North Boulevard.

(Present time)

After relentless hours of walking and sightseeing, Karen finally made it to the Route 13 gate entering Lumiose City and didn't lack a moment to treasure the Prism Tower which towered over every building in the city. It could be seen from miles away but still, being so close she could actually make out certain details and descriptions. Entering into the city now, Karen stroked the head of Pichu and offered Litten her pokeball to return to since it was such a crowded place but she refused and picked up the smell of food. Karen did as well but was less focused on such things and instead sought exploration of the area as a whole.

With their practice over for the day, Katy returned Giselle to her pokeball, to go shopping for an outfit for the showcase. In her first performance, Katy and Giselle were going to be two forest fairies, so they needed the perfect outfits.

The performer headed straight for the boutique, and rifled through loads of performer gear, unable to decide what to pick.

"Pichu?" Pichu asked Karen as she looked around with her tiny head as if expecting something to happen. Pichu was simply curious as to what they were doing in Lumiose City to begin with. They hadn't quite gone over it since Litten had joined the team and Litten would likely require an explanation too. But, that seemed to be the least of her worries as Litten kept playing with one of the zippers coming from Karen's Purse. Back and forth it swayed with her walking and so Litten had hopped down to ground level and jumped over and over to attack it. When her paws would hit it, the zipper would swing hard the other way and start the cycle all over again.

"We're just looking for Professor Sycamore. We can't go anywhere without a registered pokedex, right?" Karen said softly as she peered off and caught a glimpse of Litten toying with her zipper. "Be careful not to break that. Your food is in there and if we can't open it--" Karen stopped and bent down to Litten who was eyeing her with question. "Then I guess you along with Pichu will have to starve!"

Immediately, Litten stopped playing and instead hopped up onto it once more and carried on as if nothing had happened - pretending she hadn't just been told off by her own trainer. Pichu, on the other hand, was making sure Litten wasn't going to mess with the zipper again at all in fear of food running out.

"Pichu! Pi-Pichu!" Pichu bickered to Litten who looked up and frowned.

"Meeew! Meeoooww!" Getting the final word, Litten and Pichu huffed and begun ignoring each other. During this altercation, Karen tracked down the professors laboratory via the map and made haste with arriving there before it got any later. Before she knew it, she was staring at the sidewalk leading up to his building as well as the grass and bushes beside the pathway.

"Here we are! Professor Sycamore's Laboratory!" Karen chirped. "We're finally here!"

"Pichu! Pichu!" Pichu chirped as well, hopping up and down on Karen's shoulder in excitement while Litten tried going to sleep on the purse.

Ryka immediately forgot his promise when a girl with a Litten and Pichu approached the lab behind them. He took interest in the Pichu in particular and went over to it with a loud, "RaaaI!" Dakota was exasperated as she chased after the confounded Raichu once again. "Sorry, this little scamp keeps running off." She said to the girl. "I'm guessing you're another one of those beginner trainers?" She inquired, eyeing this newcomer.

Pichu hopped down from Karen and approached the Raichu in awe of how much older and taller and stronger the electric rodent was compared to herself. "Pichu! Pi-Pichu! Pichu!" Pichu jumped around excitedly after finally meeting a new member of her family.

"Pichu! Calm down a little bit~" Karen said as she crouched down and scooped up her Pichu and cradled her closely. "Another one? I--I guess... I'm really just here for a pokedex. I already have two pokemon~ I'm Karen, from the Sinnoh region." From there, Karen bowed politely with her black hair fluttering in the breeze.

Litten noticed the stranger and pretended to sleep - keeping one eye closed with the other following Pichu to make sure she was safe.

Dakota was about to return the Raichu to his Pokéball but seeing him make a friend was rare for her so she gave him a chance. Seeing the trainer known as Karen take a bow and introduce herself, she figured she'd do the same. "I'm Dakota and I'm from here in the Kalos region. Pleasure to meet you." Ryka looked up briefly as if he was expecting to be introduced. "And this little rascal is Ryka." The Raichu puffed out his chest with a hearty cheer. "By the way, the Professor is in there with a bunch of others. You may want to go get that Pokédex sorted out now." She said, pointing a thumb at the lab next to them.

Karen shared a bright smile. "Thank you, so much. I'll get out of yours and your cute Raichu's hair. Take care, Dakota!" Karen chirped as she bowed once more before making her way into the building. Unknown to her, she had no idea of knowing where inside the professor was. Deciding that the elevator may help her get a look around, Karen boarded the elevator and waited for It to make way upwards. She would use the trial and error method.

Landon smiled at Ethan and Froakie for a moment before having his attention drawn to a nearby window. Landon got up and noticed there were lots of Pokemon in a manufactured environment. "Hey Professor do those Pokemon have trainers?" he asked pointing at the window.

"Some of them do, and some are just wild Pokemon that show up," Professor Sycamore explained, "Would you like to go see them?" Landon nodded and the Professor led him to a nearby elevator and pressed the button to call it.

Ethan felt the Froakie jump into his arms, and had a grin as he gave his newfound partner a big hug as neither he nor Riley paid much mind towards Landon's motion to the elevator, even if the older sibling had taken note of something interesting in the window.

"Alright, now then...a name. Let's see my sis always comes up with cool ones so...how about Raphael?" Ethan asked as the Froakie nodded as it seemed to like that name.

Wait, had it been a he? Ethan had no way to know that, so he might have been to quick to give a nickname. Then he remembered another item his sister had that she brought from Unova.

"So um, am I suppose to get something with m-my new partner here? Like some red device or something. A poke-...walker? No that isn't right?" Ethan said as he asked the professor this in reference to his sibling's Pokedex though he had fumbled on the name of it.

Shortly after she got onto the elevator, the door opened and she was now face to face with the professor himself. Had she not been fully aware, Karen would've likely walked into him on accident but she was already surprised enough.

"Professor... Sycamore?" Karen mumbled confused-like. "H-Hi!"

"Hello there, can I help you with something?" Professor Sycamore asked. "Landon just go to the bottom floor and head out the back door." Landon nodded and stepped into the elevator to go down to the ground floor.

Once there Landon stepped into Professor Sycamore's environment made for Pokemon. Landon looked around and saw a bunch of Pokemon he'd never seen before. "I think you guys would like to stretch your legs," Landon commented as he tossed two Pokeballs into the air releasing a Blaziken and a Dusk Form Lycanroc.

Karen felt like she was on fire. Such a famous and popular professor was standing right before her very own eyes as she exited the elevator. "I-uhhh..." Karen briefly forget what she was doing in the first place, acting as if fidgeting with her hands would bring back her thoughts and plans.

"Pi! Pichu!" Pichu corrected Karen who finally remembered and blushed sheepishly.

"R-Right! I was -- uh, I was hoping I could... maybe get a Pokèdex from you; Professor Sycamore?" Karen asked, nervously tapping the tips of her boots on the ground while pressing her index fingers against each other. "You see! I'm from... uh... Sinnoh! I can't believe I almost just forgot my home... but, I was hoping for a pokedex so I could maybe travel around the Kalos region as well!?"

Litten stretched out onto the floor beside her as if nothing had happened, simply resting to the side of her combat boots.

"Pichu!" Pichu hopped down to Litten and cuddled up to the fire type Pokèmon for rest. In turn, Litten embraced the friendly Pichu as well.

"Of course you can," Professor Sycamore replied as he signaled his assistant who brought in two more Kalos Region Pokedex, "Here you are," Professor Sycamore smiled as he handed the Pokedex to Karen and one to Ethan as well.

Meanwhile Landon continued to walk around the habitat for Pokemon before seeing a familiar one. The Pokemon a large salamander-like Pokemon called Salazzle. Landon began running to the Pokemon waving his arms, "Hey Salazzle it's me!" Landon called out, the Pokemon stared for a moment as Landon ran to it. Salazzle smiled at the familiar face, "Since your here, I assume that means your trainer is out travelling right?" the Pokemon nodded happily.

Sansa looked at the newcomer with interest as she took a quick glance at her before moving to follow Landon but she stopped once she noticed one of Alola's starter Pokémon at the company of the girl. She took a minute to decide whether to resumed following after Landon or to greet the girl. She decided to greet the girl instead.

She waited her chance at the moment the Professor gave the Pokedex. She smiled brightly and walked over, she did the usual Alola greeting to Karen. "I'm Sansa, from Alola, and I can't help but notice that you have done of our famous starters. By anyway chance, are you from Alola as well?" she asked, with a friendly smile.

"Thank you, Professor!!" Karen shrieked as she examined the pokedex over and over again. It seemed so slick and beautiful as a red color. "I love it!"

Pichu and Litten got up from their resting position to check it out too and were thoroughly impressed. However, the sound of someone speaking to them drew their attention. Karen spun around.

"Huh? Oh-- hi! I'm Karen! As for Litten, here - She was abandoned on the boat ride to Kalos and decided to come along for the ride!" Karen chirped as she picked Litten up - looking a little ungrateful for being picked up but since it was Karen it was okay.

"Meeeeow." Litten greeted the new trainer.

She gave the Litten a sad smile and a sigh "Since this starter here came from my region. I, thank you for your kindness for taking care of one of ours. You see in Alola, everyone is a big family the moment they started living there, that includes Pokémon even if they are wild." she explained, she then turned to the Professor "Can I also go to where Landon entered?" she asked, as she put away her own Pokedex but before she could zipped her bag, a loud electronic shrieked were heard in it and a red device shots out of her bag.

'Oh no...' the device flew in front of her and a crying emoji popped out before being replaced by another crying face. She sweatdropped as the device made a weird electronic wailing sound. "M-Master, why a-are you replacing me?!" it wailed out.

Sansa's brow furrowed and a confused pout replaced her cheery smile "Master?"

Karen paid attention to the following lesson from the woman up until the pokedex started speaking.

"Uh... is that a Pokemon!?" Karen chirped as she looked it over and over. Litten, on the other hand, looked less than pleased to see the Rotom Dex and instead contemplated casting an ember on it. However, Pichu stopped her with a nervous expression.

Sansa gave Karen a blank looked "No, its a super high-tech device that have an emotion core and the ability to annoy-"

"Your calling me annoying?! Is that why your replacing me?! Im just an annoyance!!!" Rotom gave out another loud wail as it flew all over the place. Sansa panicked and tried to calm the dex down "Rotom, wait! That's not it! I'm just being sarcastic-" Her gaze locked on the window where the Professor's Pokémon habit can be seen, she stopped and pointed at the window "Look! New Pokémon!"

"Where?!" Rotom flew towards the window, Sansa held her breathed as she prayed to Arceus to have some Kalos Pokémon wondering around. She sighed in relief when Rotom started gashing and started taking photos. She looked back at the people with her with a sheepish smile "Sorry about that. He gets a little," she coughed, glanced at Rotom before mumbling "Emotional."

She looked back at Karen "And yeah, he is a Pokémon as you can tell. His a special kind of Rotom in a special kind of Dex, made by Professor Kukui himself."

"Professor... who?" Karen scratched her head with a baffled look. "I have only heard of three professors... there are more!? More to the point - he created a Room pokedex? That's insane!"

Pichu was also amazed by that but not as much as Karen. More invested in the behavior of Rotom, Pichu hopped up and tried waving over the Rotom to see what it had to say about Pichu.