• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey Through Kanto RP

"Agreed. Good plan. Let's pick up the pace then, the sun is already touching the horizon. Nice to finally know your name as well, Kendrick," Zack said, beginning to walk a bit faster. As Jordan just proved, the wild pokemon definitely get more aggressive at night. Luckily for the group though, the entrance to the city was in sight, about a football stadium length away. With luck they would make it to the center before nightfall and their first day as trainers would be complete.

Little did the rest know John had blacked out of fear so he woke up covers in rattatas. John just flicked them all off. "Uh my head"John said grabbing onto his head. John had barley anough strength to get up. Once he stood up he started walking toward viridian city he started running once he hear abunch of hissing from rattatas possibly. He had collapsed to the ground till he saw the group who must have been 20 ft away. John tried to talk but he was to exsaughsted to say anything. Till finally. "Guys help me"John called out to them hoping they could hear him. John had then dragged himself 5 ft till he got up and he started to walk to them till he collapsed right by zacks legs he then grabbed zacks leg before he blacked out.

*Thud*. Something hard had hit the ground, Jordan turned around to see what it was.
"Holy crap! Is that John?!" Jordan exclaimed when he saw something clinging to Zack's feet.
Jordan looked at John, he seemed to have blacked out. There were multiple scratch marks all along his body, Jordan thought that John was attacked by a group of Rattatas.
"Guys, I think he needs some medical help ASAP!"

Last edited:
Kendrick saw the a little municipality up ahead, as they were approaching it quickly- until a faint voice was heard, and Ken realized that John had fallen, without anyone noticing. He ended up blacked out at Zack's feet, begging for assistance, so he ran up to the distorted boy, then pulled something out of his parcel- an antidote of sorts. He held it towards John, then smiled. "I always keep some medicine with me," he then opened it and nudged John, seeing if he was at least able to drink it.

Zack froze as he felt something grab onto his legs, he looked down, to say a blacked out John. He let go a sigh of relief knowing it wasn't a deadly pokemon wanting to rip his head off.
"For the love of- John what the hell? Oh, he's sleeping. What the hell happened and why does he have scratch marks?" Zack asked as Kendrick walked over and offered some medicine. He'd already found the over prepared nerd in the group. He shook his legs loose, getting out of John's arms, and knelt down.
"Not even at our first town yet and something has already gone wrong? Dammit, now we might not enough make it before dusk. As soon as he is back on his feet we need to move," Zack estimated, looking at the horizon.
"Come on John, get up!" Zack urged, not wanting to have a limp body to drag around through the dark as they struggled to get to the center. That was definitely not on the to do list of things to achieve while on the journey.

John had opened his eyes to zack yelling at him. John had then got up on his feet. He could see that Kendrick was offering him medicine. "Thank you"John said taking the medicine. He began drinking it once he was done he wiped his mouth and looked at everyone else. "Well is just like to say a few things were only on route 1 and one of us already got shit on"John said. "You guys must have moved to fast not to see me pass out to the caterpie. I woke up idk how many hours later with an entire group of rattatas using me as a nest and maybe a food source."John had said. "We just need to get moving"John said beginning to walk forward to viridian city.

"Ok, but take it easy, it seems like you were mauled by an Ursaring rather than a group of Rattatas." Jordan said, feeling uneasy about John, because he did, in fact, looked like he was mauled by an Ursaring. "Well, on the bright side, at least you are able to walk." Jordan said. "Hold up. I see a sign!! We must be pretty much there!" Jordan exclaimed.

The hardy group entered the wondrous municipality of Viridian city, Ken stared in awe as a flock of Pidgey's graceful flew over the Pokemon Center. "I've only really been here a couple of times, but it truly is fascinating," his eyes moved to gym in the foreground, hardly visible- he tiled his head. "Who's the gym leader there?" he pondered, moving close to the Pokemon Center. He realized that Bulbasaur was getting rather tiresome, so he lifted him up on his shoulders, as Bulbasaur used his vines to support himself.

(Is this going to be before Red, or after?)

Last edited:
"Well, we made it. So we arrived at Viridian, which means the Viridian Forest should be somewhere around here!" Jordan said. Jordan was very eager to catch a male nidoran. Jordan hears Kendrick's question, to which he says "I've heard about the Gym Leader here... his name is Giovanni or something like that. They say he is the best gym leader in all of Kanto!" Jordan then noticed the pokemon center, to which he said to the group, "There's the pokemon center, we should head there and rest up."

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Nick left John behind and followed the others. He took notes of the Pokémon around him in Route 1, but never caught any of them. When he reached Viridian City he put his notebook away and looked at the city in front of him. "Yeah... Giovanni is this city's gym leader. I never battled any Pokémon yet though so I'm good. I'm going to get something to eat then I'll go train and maybe catch a Pokémon in Route 22. Anybody want to join me?" he asked. He looked at his Pokéball and then back at the others. "Another Pokémon would definitely be useful," he thought.

Ken was logging some of the Pokemon that passed through path they were on, but the notes he took were no like others. He didn't study the way they looked or battled, he examined the way the Pokemon acted. He heard Nick mention something about going to route 22, so he decided to come with. "Yeah, sure, that sounds exciting," he admitted, as he started towards the Pokemon center, to eat some food, as the sunlight blared through the sparce amounts of trees above them.

Last edited:
"Yes! Finally here. The great Viridian City. I can't wait to look around and go on some new routes!" Zack said running in place with excitement. He was glad to see Nick managed to catch up, before it got too dark. He listened to what everyone had to say, before making up what he was going to do.
"Alright, well I'm going to have to pass on the route 22 trip, because I'm interested in looking at the shop here. I think I'm going to need a little more than what Professor Oak provided us with. Afterwards though, I agree with Jordan that we should head to the Center to check in and heal up," Zack said, starting to jog over to the Shop. He walked in, seeing all the treats and items available on the shelfs. He picked up a few more pokeballs, potions, and also got a few antidotes and paralyze heals. He knew that the forest was coming up, where some poison types lived, so he needed to be ready for anything. After purchasing his items, he walked back out into the chilly dusk air, and started heading to the gigantic pokemon center.

"Hmmm, do I need anything here?" Jordan asked himself. "Nah, I'm probably go to route 22 with Nick and Kendrick, I mean, Elekid is in good shape." Jordan said. Jordan proceeded to walk over to where Nick and Kendrick were, eager to say he was coming with them. "This could be where I find a Nidoran." Jordan thought.

John who now had glauze on just walked out of viridian forest with two poke balls in his hand one with a rattata one with a poetry. John ran over to Kendrick Jordan and the others. "Hey guys I caught all the Pokémon possible on route 1"John said with excitement. "I really want to complete the pokedex"John said. John had then come to the idea that he should battle another trainer. "Hey anyone up for a battle?"John said with a smirk.

Jordan set ahead from the rest of the group on to route 22. He searched for several minutes for a nidoran until he heard something say "Nido nido!!" Jordan turned around to find a male nidoran staring him in the eyes. Jordan sent out Elekid to fight it. The wild nidoran used Tackle. Knowing it wasn't a ground type, Jordan said "Elekid! Use Thunder shock!" Elekid scored a direct hit on the nidoran, the nidoran collapsed for a moment, but then it got back up. Jordan decided to use a Poke ball on the nidoran. It rocked, once, twice, three times, then it stopped. The nidoran was caught!

Jordan then headed back to the pokemon center, where he got his elekid and new nidoran rested up. Nurse Joy said "Your pokemon are all healthy and ready to go!" "Thank you." Jordan replied back. Jordan then checked what moves his nidoran had. "Ok, you have Double Kick, Tackle, Growl, and Poison Jab. You seem to be pretty good!" Jordan said to himself about the nidoran he just caught. He could picture it now, him, at the top of the pokemon league, with an electivire and nidoking and 4 other pokemon at his side. "I can hardly wait to get to Pewter city!"