• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey Through Kanto RP

( Sign ups here: https://pokecharms.com/threads/journey-through-kanto-sign-up-discussion.17847/ )

Zack woke up to the unforgettable sound of his arch nemesis, the alarm clock. He practically dragged himself out of bed, went over to the table, and smashed on the off button as hard as he could.
"On any other day, I would have thrown that out the window," Zack said, keeping in mind this was one of the biggest days of his life. He shuffled into the bathroom, doing his hair, getting into his everyday attire, and brushing his teeth. He made his way down stairs, seeing his dad on the couch, watching TV.
"'Bout time you got up! This is your big day!" His dad said cheerfully, clearly happy for him. Zack simply smiled and muttered a "thank you" as he walked over to the kitchen, grabbing a glass of orange juice and chugging the entire thing. He put on his shoes and grabbed his bag, walking outside.
"Bye dad, love you," Zack said before closing the door behind him.
"Make sure you call me!" His dad yelled as Zack walked down the steps. His father's Pidgeot, Feathers, was waiting for him. He hopped on her back, and took off enroute to Pallet Town. The trip was short, and he touched down right outside of the professor's lab.
"Thank you Feathers, now go home. I'm good from here," Zack said, as the pidgeot began rocketing away yet again. Zack took a deep breath.
"Ok. Big moment, don't screw it up," Zack told himself, walking inside the lab. He walked to the end of the building, where the famous professor Oak stood before him.
"Hello new trainer! I presume you're here for you first pokemon?" He asked, his voice sounding powerful and recognizable.
"Yes sir, I'm ready to start out on my journey, I guess," Zack said not-so-confidently, looking over at a table to his right, holding 3 shiny pokeballs.
"Now, to ensure everyone has a fair chance to get the pokemon they would like to start their journey with, your going to need to wait for the other trainers to arrive. So in the meantime, you can take a seat over there," the professor informed him, pointing to a lounge area. Zack walked over and took a seat on the couch. Hopefully the other trainers would arrive soon, and he wouldn't be waiting forever.

Last edited:
"Wake up, Naomi! Today's your big day!" Came a thrilled voice into the sixteen-year-old's ear. Naomi groaned, her little sister was so annoying.
"Don't really have a choice at this point, do I?" Naomi muttered as she lightly pushed her sister back, the eight-year-old brunette taking a few steps back and huffing.
"You don't have to be so rude about it!" Her sister shot back.
"You're right Juliana. I don't have to," the blonde responded with a shrug. "Doesn't mean I can't, though." She added. Juliana groaned and left her sister's room. Naomi already had what she wanted on, she slept in it to avoid extra work so early in the morning. She made her way downstairs, slipped on her shoes, and got her violet-colored backpack ready. "Okay, I'm heading out now. Bye."
"Okay honey, have-" Her mother started, but was interrupted as Naomi shut the door and began her trek to the Pokemon Lab. In reality, it was a block away, but that was too much walking as it was.
"And I have to walk all across the region? This is gonna suck..." Naomi muttered. Once she arrived at Professor Oak's lab, she opened the door and walked in. "Yo, I'm here." She called, closing the door behind her and stuffing her hands into her pockets.

John had woken up to his alarm clock that he had set to maxinum volume. Not knowing how loud it could be it went off and John swears the ground was shaking. John jumped out of bed falling on the ground. Johns munchlax was runnig around the room screaming. John picked up a baseball bat and went over to the alarm clock and started hitting it with the bat. "Eh like I'll need to use it anyway"John said tossing the bat on the other side of the room. John notice mei witch was in the middle of the floor. John looked at them. "Today's the big day "John said to his munchlax. John had gotten dressed and headed out. "Bye mom!"John had screamed before he ran out the door. "Eh dident even mind giving the one person who always took great care of him a hug?"Johns mother said baking eggs. John began walking towards the laboratory. It took him 15 minutes just to walk down one block and he was expected to walk the entire world. John then bursts into the laboratory causing quite the scene. "Sorry for bursting in like this but I would like it if I could..."John had stopped because there were other trainers waiting for there stuff too. "Oh um sorry"John had said.

Zack was a bit startled when the complete silence was broken when another trainer entered the laboratory. The female made her way to the back, and soon after yet another trainer burst through the doors, causing quite a bit of a scene. Zack took a minute to scan the two, the female trainer somewhat looking as if she didn't even want to be there, and the other seeming pretty normal, besides the spectacular entrance he just performed.
"Well, it appears the three trainers have arrived!" Oak said, smiling at the three.
"Alright first things first, let's get the big question over with. Zack, Naomi, and John, you three decide who gets which pokemon. I'd like to let you three work it out, and when your done, I can supply you with the supplies you'll need on your journey," the professor said, as spotlights shone over the three pokeballs. Zack, quick to decide which pokemon he wanted, scurried over to the table.
"Um, well if you two don't mind, I'd personally really like charmander," Zack said, really hoping no one would want it. Of course they'll want it, it's a freaking fire-breathing lizard! Zack thought to himself, putting on an awkwardly forced smile.

"Well as much as I want to take one of your three pokemon I already have one"John said sending out his munchlax. "So yeah but I'll be patient and wait for the other trainers to get there pokemon"John said with a smile. John had wondered why the boy had picked charmander it's just he seemed to have many weaknesses personally he would have picked squirtle. He was wondering maybe after the professor was done giving them there pokemon maybe he could challenge the boy with the charmander.

"Fine with me." Naomi shrugged. The girl walked up and grabbed Squirtle's Pokeball. The first two Gyms were Rock and Ground, so Squirtle had an advantage. Bulbasaur would be the easiest to start out with because of the third gym leader using Water-Types, but Water-Types could swim, and it would save her the effort. The tosses the Pokeball up and down before lazily spinning it on her index finger. "So, what else is there?"

"Alright cool, thanks," Zack said, letting out a breath of relief. He walked over to the table and picked up the pokeball containing Charmander. Then back over to Professor Oak.
"I must say, that was one of the quickest decisions I've seen! Good cooperation. Now, all three of you will need these," Professor Oak said, handing everyone a pokedex.
"As I assume you already know, the pokedex is an all you need to know encylopedia on all the pokemon in this region. I'd like you three, to fill it as much as possible. Oh, and before I forget," Oak said, giving everyone 5 pokeballs.
"Now, you should all be set for your journey. I wish you all best of luck," the professor concluded, as he began walking into another room. Zack put away his newly aquired things in his bag, and clipped charmander to his belt.
"Alright guys, well, I don't know if we should travel together or seperate. Personally, I say together, but I'm fine with either," Zack said once the professor had left. He figured traveling in a group would be much easier and better overall than going separate.

"Fine by me"John said to zack taking the items professor oak gave him. John realized since they all just were about to go one a world journey why not have a friendly battle before they were on there way. "Hey zack or whatever your name is want to have a freindly battle seeing you just got your pokemon and there's nothing better than a friendly battle then when your first starting out I guess"John said to Zack.

Naomi concluded that these people were very friendly very quickly. Perhaps too trusting as well. What did they know about each other? Perhaps she was being paranoid, though. Besides, traveling with two other trainers would make it easier on her in the long run. She wouldn't have to do everything by herself. Deciding that the pros outweighed the cons, Naomi shrugged. "Might as well travel together. I'll be over there while you two finish your battle." Naomi finally said, pointing over to the wall next to the door. True to her word, the blonde walked next to the door and leaned against the wall, observing the Pokeball in her hand. "My Pokemon, huh?" She murmured to herself. She opened the Pokeball as the blue turtle-like Pokemon materialized in front of her.
"Squirt! Tul!" Squirtle greeted with a happy wave and smile. It was clear someone was excited. Naomi had to admit that the Water-Type was cute. She rubbed the Squirtle's head, and it gave a happy cry at the gesture.

Zack was a bit surprised one of the trainers wanted to battle so soon after becoming a trainer, but decided it would be good practice.
"Alright let's do it. Come on out Torch," Zack said, after deciding the nickname for his charmander. He threw the pokeball to the ground and his fire-tailed lizard appeared on the floor. He pet the little guy, being the first time actually seeing his pokemon.
"Alright ready when you are. Let's try and make this quick though, I don't want to be stuck in here to long," Zack suggested, ready for his Munchlax to pop out.

John had the sent out munchlax. John hardly knew anything about battling so he dident know munchlax was a defense pokemon so he was gonna play offense. "We'll match start"John said. "Metronome munchlax"John said. Munchlax released a flare gun at charmanders direction while running up to him very slowly.

"Ok, watch out and dodge it Torch!" Zack said, keeping in mind of charmanders speed. Torch narrowly escaped the attack.
"Ok good job, now scratch!" Zack ordered, as charmander claws glowed and he charged the munchlax.

Munchlax was then hit by the scratch. "Grab on to the charmander and Counter it with lick then push it to the ground. "John said. Munchlax had then grabbed on to the charmander and used lick then tried to push down the charmander.

Torch could do nothing to escape the munchlax's arms and was forced to the ground. Luckily however, he wasn't paralyzed.
"Alright, Torch use growl to get him off you! Then scratch!" Zack said, hoping the loudness of the grown was enough to get the heavy pokemon off. If not, this match might just be over.

The charmanders roar dident do a thing. "Grab that charmander and use metronome munchlax"John said with excitement as though he'd win this match. And munchlax did as he was told he walked forward to the charmander till munchlax slipped face first. And when the charmander scratched the munchlax John had thought it was over till munchlax grabbed on to the charmanders leg and started to pull it down. John had known munchlax must have only had to have a bit of health left. Munchlax had both us his arm on the charmanders legs when munchlax finally pulled charmander to the ground "ok so since your to the ground and weak munchlax drag the charmander to you then use metronome."John said. munchlax started dragging charmander over to him with his mouth wide open. Munchlax was devolving a water gun move in his mouth ready to faint the charmander.

Zack watched as his pokemon was dragged into the clutches of the munchlax. He knew it was over when the munchlax started up a water gun, but he thought maybe he could get one last scratch in to finish it.
"Alright Torch, give it everything you've got and use scratch!" Zack ordered. If this worked, he might just have own his first battle. Charmander got his arms free and his claws glowed, getting ready to strike.

Munchlaxes eyes had widened before he was slashed across the face. In clear pain the munchlax grabbed his forehead letting go of the charmander he got up and shot the water gun just inches away from the charmander. Then munchlax stepped back 3 times before falling on his back. "I thought I had that battle won seems like you win well good battle if I must say the least"John said going up to munchlax and healing him. "Hey at least you dident get a cut on your forehead"John said returing munchlax.

Zack couldn't help but jump in the air yelling "yes!" when his charmander got the final scratch on the munchlax. He calmed down a bit, realizing it wasn't that big of a deal. He ran over to Torch and squeezed him, very proud of his pokemon.
"Agreed, that really was a good first battle. Now come on, we've already wasted enough time. Let's get back with Naomi and hit the road," Zack said, walking over to her.
"Alright, me and John finished our battle, are you ready to get moving?" Zack asked her, hoping him and John hadn't bored the brains out of her.

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Nick got there late and finished getting what he needed while the others were battling. "Thanks Oak!" he said as he sent out his Tangela. The creature blinked and cried,"Tang! Tangela!" He grabbed him and asked,"How about a nickname?" Tangela nodded in response. "Maybe something cool. Like... Vinelord," Nick said casually. Tangela cried at the glee of his new name. The two left the laboratory and Nick put Tangela back on the ground. He saw the other trainers that were beginning their journey. "Hello! I'm Nick and I just got a Pokémon. Mind if I journey together with you guys?" he asked expectantly.

Last edited:
While the other two were battling, Naomi had been thinking of something different to call her Squirtle. But that ended up taking a lot of brain power. Finally, she decided on naming her starter "Water Hazard," and the Water-Type seemed to like the name. Not long after, her traveling partners concluded their battle, and one of them asked if she was ready to go. "Yup, I'm ready. Let's head out, I guess." Naomi replied. Another trainer approached them, however, and asked if he could join them. "Their choice, not mine." She said.

"I meen I don't care if you come I'm just stunned on the fact that I lost my first battle. And I must say I would have won if my Pokémon didn't slip on his face."John said. "But still it was my first battle can't complain "John said. "But still guys we need to get moving gyms await"John said with glee.

Jordan woke up to his elekid poking him in the side.
"Ok ok! I'm getting up!" said Jordan.
Elekid started following Jordan downstairs to the first floor of his small home in pallet town. There wasn't much, there was a couch facing a tv and a small rug separating the two and a few windows along the walls. Jordan's mom was finishing up making pancakes over a stove in the kitchen, and Jordan had decided to sit down and grab some breakfast before heading to the Professor's lab (After saying goodbye to his mom of course).
"This is it! The day I become a pokemon trainer! The day I follow my dreams!" exclaimed Jordan.
After some short distance walking, he arrived at the professor's lab.
"I'm so excited! Are you excited as well elekid?" asked Jordon.
Elekid jumped while constantly going "Ele!!"
Jordan opened the door, only to find a couple of trainers already there.
"oh... am I late?" said Jordan.

Zack watched as the new trainer approached them.
"I agree with John, you can tag along. If you have a pokemon, and supplies, we should be good to go. But I do have to ask your name before we let you come along, " Zack said, speaking to soon. Right after saying that, another trainer appeared.
"O-Oh. Um, yea your a little late. I mean I think the professor is still giving out things, but you might want to hurry," Zack suggested. Not realizing there would be more than two other trainers.
"Well I guess we should get going. If everyone's ready, I'm pretty excited to get started," Zack said, starting to walk outside. Hopefully, there wouldn't be anymore interruptions and they could finally start hitting the road.

"Great! Let me ask the the professor if he still has a dex." says Jordan.
"Um hello professor... do you still have a pokedex? I was going to start my journey today, but I guess I overslept." says Jordan.
"What?! You still do? That's great!!" *Grabs Pokedex* "Looks like I'm ready to roll, lets go Elekid!" exclaimed Jordan.
"Oh wait, I should probably get to know you guys' names. Hi, I'm Jordan, and you are?" Jordan said.

What a bother... Ken thought as he stood there in the laboratory, tapping his foot against the cement floor. One of Prof. Oaks scientists approached him and handed him some potions, which Ken already had.
"Oh, that's awful kind of you, but, I already have a ton of those," he attempted to smile- but the man just shrugged and walked away, just as Professor Oak came up to him, giving Kendrick a pat on the shoulder. "From the way your Father described you, it seems that you're quite the Pokemon enthusiast!" he exclaimed, keeping that hardy smile. "That's correct, Professor, and I hope to be as well acquainted with Pokemon as you are." he stated, moving his eyes towards the single Poke-ball on the counter. He gestured for Kendrick to follow him, as he led him into the room with the Poke-ball he was gazing at. The Prof handed it to him, then gave him a brief explanation on how to be kind and respectful to his Pokemon, and to never treat it with any harm.
Kendrick nodded along, then gladly accepted the Poke-ball, and other useful trinkets.

When he glanced around, he noticed a group of other trainers, all looking about as new as he was. "Those will be your trusty companions throughout your journey!" Prof. Oak joyfully walked away to work on another thing. Ken moved towards the group, then stuck his hand out to the one in the front- a boy with orange-dyed hair.

"Greetings," he attempted to smile, tilting his head a little, Poke-ball in his grasp.

"Oh yea, nice to meet you Jordan my name is Zack, this is John, Naomi, and... I still don't know his name," Zack admitted, scratching the back of his head. Even when he was one hundred percent positive there would be no more interruptions, another trainer approached the group, doing nothing but sticking his hand out to him and greeting him. Zack hesitated for a minute, then shook his hand.
"Uh, nice to meet you. The names Zack. I'm guessing you're a trainer as well? If you'd like to tag along aswell, we were about to hit the road," Zack said, getting semi-anxious to get on the move. Hopefully, when he learned the trainers name, they could finally get somewhere.

"Well a lot of people are coming along the journey"John said scratching his head. Then john heard the professor saying this kid was joining them along there journey. When the kid came over and said hello. John had to say something to the professor but decided not to. "So I heard the professor and yes you can come with us"John said trying to think ahead of time. "Hello my name is john Adams by the way"John said to clearly all the people who just joined the group. John was really confused about how fast people just came piling in a group he had thought this had only happened on tv but clearly he was proven wrong.

He nodded at the comments that were directed towards him, attempted to get the group up and going.
"I suggest we leave soon, as it's fairly risky to be traveling in the dark," he scratched his head, then glanced at his Poke-ball, that contained his Bulbasaur. He then sent out the grass Pokemon- and a red beam shot out of the little red and white orb, forming into the Pokemon's shape. The hardy bulb Pokemon came bursting out, doing a little hobble before standing straight. "Shall we be off, then?"

"I guess we shall be off." replied Jordan.
"Well, lets go! Route one awaits!" exclaimed Jordan.
Suddenly, Jordan realized something.
"Oh yeah, I should probably have elekid return to it's pokeball."
Jordan then called elekid back to it's ball, checked his pockets and said to the group "Well, lets get going!".
Jordan then started walking outside.

Ken agreed with the boy, and followed him out, the Bulbasaur trotting behind him. "Greetings, little Pokemon!" he exclaimed smiling upon seeing the Pokemon stop to listen to his trainer. "I'm Kendrick," he added, picking him up, as the Bulbasaur tilted it's head, then licked him wagging a vine that popped out of his bulb. "I'm not sure what to call you, to be frank." he stated, pondering what alias shall be given to the grass-Pokemon. "What about.." he thought, then popped his head up.
"I'll call you Turf!" he smiled, then place Turf down, letting the Pokemon trot behind him.

Alright well I guess we are on the move, come on guys," Zack said, following the two outside and towards route one. In the back of his head he was worried that traveling with so many people might be too much for him to handle, but decided not to think too much of it. Hopefully the others caught up soon, or else they might just be left behind.
"Alright so your Jordan and you have an elekid, and... I actually never got your name, but you have a bulbasaur. I'm just trying to keep track of everyone. The group grew fairly quickly," Zack said to the two, as they approached route 1.

John had then headed outside behind the group. "Guys wait up"John said out loud. John was kind of upset that they had left without him and the rest. John had finally caught up. "You guys just can't book it when there's people still talking."John said clearly angry of what they did. "And there gonna need O run to catch up to us just because you guys weren't patient anough."John said. The real thing John was angry about was that the two people Just showed up and they were declared apart of the group and just booked it.

"Ok ok! No need to shout! I was just.. what's the phrase? Going with the flow?" replied Jordan.
"Anyway, we are now all here, so who's ready to go to route 1? I sure am!"
Jordan then realized that he should probably check to see if his elekid was registered in the pokedex. To his relief, it was.
Jordan then closed his pokedex, put it in his pocket, and began walking with the rest of the group to Route 1, the place where all trainers begin their journey...

Kendrick gave this angered expression at the boy who was upset in some way, then approached him, standing up tall. "Before you go on about how I'm impatient, remember I'm not part of your silly conversations, and I'm certainly not part of your group!" he shook his head then continued walking, Turf running to catch up with him. "I suggest you all put a move on," he kicked a rock, glancing at the trees around him. "Wouldn't want to get stuck in the middle of route 1 in the dark, that's for sure." he stated, smirking.

Last edited:
John had just looked at Kendrick. John thought Kendrick thought he was the adult the one with the most power but John diden't care. "Hey if you remember professor oak put you with us and I wanted to say something but I was kind anough to let it go but its not cool when you guys just walk off like that when everybodys not even on board yet" John had said to Kendrick. "And yes I don't want to be in a dark forest where bad things could happen but you have to at least think about everyone else" John had again said to Kendrick. "We could have just left you on your own. We all need to have rules first no abandoning everyone else. And you need to actually talk to people I meen we all are gonna be going around kanto together does you no good not getting in conversations" John had again said to Kendrick as kind as he could. "Now I bet your the oldest of us all but that doesen't make you the adult so whatever power you think you have your wrong now if you people woulden't mind I'm going to viridian city before I get jumped by some old pedo" John had said walking through route 1 he only got to five feet far until a caterpie came out of no where and jumped on johns face. "AH GET IT OFF" John had screamed. Johns worsts fear was bugs the way they moved the way they looked just everything about them terrified him.

"Guys, we haven't even gotten anywhere and you're already fighting! Cut it out and let's just keep moving. Hopefully Naomi and that other trainer catches up soon," Zack said, hoping the conflict will end. Suddenly a wild caterpie leaped onto John's face.
"O-Oh god! Torch, ember!" Zack said, not even realizing that he had that move. The little lizard shot a small ball of fire directly at the caterpie, knocking it off.
"Are you ok John? You really need to be more careful. Wild pokemon are all over the place around here. Now I'm going to go catch up with Jordan and... that other guy," Zack said, running after them, Torch hopping alongside him. While walking with the two, he took a minute to think of the pokemon he wanted to catch along the way. A lot of which he couldn't get for a while.
"So uh, you two have any plans for your next few pokemon? Also, I still don't have your name," Zack directed to the trainer with a bulbasaur as they pushed through the grass.

"I don't know about him, but I plan on catching either an mankey or a nidoran. And also, maybe get a weedle. Argh! So many choices! I just can't choose!" Jordan said.
"Regardless, I'm hoping for that mankey or nidoran simply because, we are headed to pewter gym right? Anyway I need a fighting type for that mainly because both of the gym leader's pokemon, I have heard, are immune to electric attacks... and we all know what I have. I don't know how Elekid is gonna fare against this, so my first priority would be that."

"I agree, you should definitely get one of those two. I actually was thinking about getting a nidoran as well, a male one at that. Charmander doesn't do well against the first two gyms at all. So I need a fill in as well," Zack agreed. Him and Jordan were the only real ones in the group with these problems, while everyone else will make it by fairly easily. That made him realize, Naomi and the other trainer still hadn't caught up. It was possible they had decided to stay a night before setting off, seeing as he did kind of take off without them. As he thought about this, he began seeing Viridian City as they walked to the top a hill.
"Wow. That's awesome! We are almost at Viridian!" Zack said, ecstatic that he would soon be at the City of Evergreen. As he recalled, there was a route there providing mankeys and nidorans, meaning him and Jordan would be able to have a fighting chance against brock. He excitedly continued to trot down the hill, wondering if everyone else was as pumped as he was.

Kendrick was simply trailing ahead of the conversation (not even noticing the Caterpie), moving at a fast pace, although he felt bad, so Ken slowed down a little. "I'm Kendrick, by the way," he stated, scratching the back of his head. "I'm really interested meeting the rock-type gym leader- Brock." he smirked, as he thought of the strong Pokemon he would face up against. "But in all honesty, we shouldn't walk through into the night, so maybe we could stay at the Pokemon center in Viridian?" he pondered if they'd even question it.

Jordan considered Kendrick's statement, and said "Yeah, thats probably a good idea. We should find a place to sleep, unless somebody packed a tent."
Suddenly Jordan heard rustling in the bushes. "What was that?!"
"Piiiiidgeeey!!!!" the creature replied.
"Oh man, it's a pidgey! Elekid use Thundershock!" Jordan commanded.
Elekid launched a bolt of electricity from his head zapping and knocking out the pidgey.
"Well that was intresting, I wonder what else is here..." Jordan said.