• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Journey Into Kanto

Everyone else seemed happy to have gotten the Eevee egg, so Hayley wasn't as sceptical as before. She decided to put the egg in her, now empty, bag, until a better alternative showed up. In all honesty, Hayley didn't have a clue about what 'Eevee' was, but the excitement it sparked up in others transferred to herself.

The young boy, Hayley now knew as Aelon, was apparently looking for someone. Hayley hadn't noticed any other kids, and she felt bad that she couldn't help. To her surprise, Isabelle was more open than usual, offering help immediately upon meeting the boy. It was nice to see she wasn't as shy, Hayley thought. But she still tried thinking of ways to help. If the boy was looking for adventure, he must've wanted to take on the League. Maybe he already fought this cities Gym, then? "I don't know how helpful this is, but maybe ask Pewter's Gym Leader? If he started out a week ago, he must've passed us, and the Gym Leader must remember his opponents, right?" Hayley offered

Zayne perked up at the eagerness of his friends to help this poor boy out. It wasn't everyday that such nice and yet adventurous people help each other out so, he was just grateful to be with his friends in a place like this.

Nevertheless, the boy needed help finding someone and the girls were taking a big interest in it. If they went, he went. That was the golden unwritten rule. If they had his back, he had theirs. Simple as that.

"I guess we COULD, talk to Brock. Since we are all going to challenge him... everyone but me, anyway." Zayne said with a chuckle. "Come on, guys!"

So it seemed unanimous, then. The five - now six? - of them would officially travel together with another goal in mind: to find the new guy's lost companion. In addition to Isabelle's own search, and their gym challenges. Felix was grateful, really, that they all had another reason to stuck together. He would hate having to travel alone again.

"Sounds good. But... Pokemon Center real quick?" He reminded with a little smile. Felix started on ahead, nodding at the new boy as he exited the museum. By then it was late afternoon, and the sun still shone over Pewter City. At the bottom of the museum steps stood huddled groups of people, hostages from earlier giving the police information on what had happened and who were quickly gathering an audience, and even one or two news station vans. Felix had no desire to take part in any of it, just wanting to get Atlas healed, so he hurried along to the center as quick as he could, his Aron at his heels.

Zayne agreed. If they wanted to do anything outside of just walking around and with Team Sin at large, they would need to heal their pokemon. Of course, Zayne and his Sandshrew were just fine but it was still a big deal. So, he agreed to come along to the pokemon center.

Sandshrew rolled around, burning off some of the energy he had before launching himself upwards and biting onto the sleeve of Zayne who recoiled but began nervously laughing.

"Sand-Sandshrew... what are you doing?" He joked as he rubbed the top of his Pokèmon's head.

Aelan nodded. It would be nice to have some people to talk to that could respond to him. And the gym would be a good place to look, if he could ask the gym leader there. He pictured him in his mind now, a big brawny dude with muscles bulging out of his shirt, who was almost too busy pumping iron to notice anyone. Okay, maybe that was a stretch, and it certainly wasn't his ideal fantasy, but he'd never really cared much about gyms. As long as he didn't have to battle, he'd be fine. Besides, the police hadn't been much help. He put the picture away and picked up Raindrop, for her part just looked confused.

Unlike their previous visit, the center was now buzzing with activity. Small groups of people were huddled together throughout, talking excitedly of the events that had just transpired not an hour ago.

"Did you hear what just happened?! Apparently they were trying to steal fossils!"

"I was outside, I saw them get away! They kinda looked like Team Rocket!"

"Team Rocket?! No way!"

Similar conversations could be overheard as the group handed their Pokemon over to be healed and made their way to the center's cafeteria to rest, get some food, and compare their new Eevee eggs or missing persons cases. They didn't have to wait very long, and in almost no time they were standing before the Pewter City Gym. It was a simple, but imposing facility, decorated with large boulders and steel. Felix shifted from foot to foot, glancing down at Atlas, who was busy making another lunch out of nearby rocks, and then at the group.

"So what's the plan? We ask him about... Tyler, was it?" He looked at Aelan for confirmation. "And then we challenge him? Who goes first?"

The Center was more crowded than usual. Hayley barely got in line to Nurse Joy. While her Pokemon were healing, she chatted with the group, and listened to the people in the Center. They were all fussed about Team Sin. Those pricks.

The subject of the Gym came, and Hayley felt herself become nervous again. But she pictured Jones telling her how her fear is "so uncool" and how she should "man up" (to which Hayley would always kick him in the shiny for). She missed his stupid teases. Hayley knew he didn't know any other way of encouragement, and because she understood him, she never took it the wrong way. This was for Jones, she thought. Hayley was going to have to face her fear. If she didn't, everyone would be disappointed.

Hayley had two options – back out, or face her fear. She hated how the only one she could tolerate was being brave, but she didn't feel like she was a good enough trainer to pull it off. Hayley thought of all the times she didn't take good care of her Pokemon recently. The incident in the forest being the most prominent one. But, a single though came into her mind, and that was the pure joy that she saw in Chris when he battled. And how she managed to turn Harden into a counterattack. And, even though Hugh was poisoned, she knew when to send him back. Maybe Hayley wasn't as inconsiderate as she thought. She feared failure, and disappointment, but, it was now or never. Now, or never.

Hayley surprised herself when she said that she would be the first one to try. That meant not knowing what to expect... but weren't surprises essential to the journey? The more she gave it thought, the more Hayley was getting warmed up for the idea. Maybe she could do it! She just had to believe. And backing out was not an option. "Yeah, I'll do it," Hayley repeated, finding new motivation.

"You can do it, easily!" Zayne said with a smile. "You're one of the strongest people I know. If anyone can, it's you!"

Sandshrew agreed, hopping up onto his shoulder and cheering for the friend of his trainer while also giving company to the trainer that owned him. Zayne responded with a chuckle, reaching his hand up and petting the top of his ground type pokemon with a smile.

Hayley smiled at Zayne's encouragement, happy that he believed in her. Just then, Nurse Joy called her to take her Pokemon, so Hayley had to get up from the table. She held the two Pokeballs for a moment, thinking this through. Chris and Hugh could handle it, and so, she should be able to also.

When Hayley got back at the table, she looked at the time and thought of how long the day was. They only departed from Viridian a few hours ago, yet they managed to get through the forest and defeat Team Sin, technically, twice. If they were to all go to the gym, they should leave as soon as everyone got their Pokemon healed up. "Hey guy," Hayley voiced herself. "I think we should get going soon."

Now that they were in front of the famous Rock-type Gym, ready to handle their business, Felix took the liberty of stepping through those sliding glass doors first. The inside of the facility had a nice, modern look to it, with the latest versions of electrical appliances behind the main desk, including large screen monitors that displayed the battlefield and would track the status of the Pokemon fighting.

His first gym... Felix swallowed thickly. "Okay, Hayley. You're up. Kick his butt... wherever he is," he told her, until a loud, twisting-sounding crunch made his head snap around. Atlas had found the steel chairs used for visitors in the waiting area and was happily tearing off a leg. "Atlas, no! Put that down!"

Oh no. It was time. Hayley felt like she was about to combust. The fluttering feeling in her chest wasn't giving her peace, and the whole atmosphere in the facility made her even more nervous. Or, maybe it was just her. Cris, on the other hand, looked pumped to finally take on the Gym Leader. Although he was at a disadvantage, he seemed ready. Hugh, not so much. He was quite indifferent to the entire thing. But, Hayley's orders, and if she told him to fight, fight he will.

Hayley approached one of the electrical appliances. Since it was late, the only people on the gym were Hayley and her friends, so she was immediately going to battle. Alright, Hayley, she told herself. Calm down. Her hands were shaking, but she managed to sign up.

"The battle will begin shortly. Please, take your place," an electrical voice said, and Hayley turned to the group, giving them a small, nervous smile. Now or never. Hayley entered the arena, knowing that everyone would be watching on the big screen in the waiting room, as Hugh and Chris followed behind.

The arena was filled with rocks, which fit the theme of the gym, and it was quite spacious. There was plenty of space for her Pokemon to move. She started thinking of possible strategies immediately. There wasn't much to work with, but the ceiling was quite high, so Chris could potentially attack from up there... Her train of thought was broken as harsh light turned on, and someone came into view from the opposite side of the arena.

"An opponent this late?" It was the Gym Leader. "Never mind that. I'm Brock, Pewter City's Gym Leader. I specialize in Rock-type Pokemon."

Hayley listened to his speech until the end. "Try all you want, but you will never break my Pokemon's defence," Brock finished. Hayley didn't know what, or even if she was supposed to say anything, but, to let out her built up frustration, she shouted.

"Yeah?! Well, we'll crush you!" Brock laughed, and Hayley wanted this battle to start as quickly as possible, so that it could finish sooner, too. "Let's start!"

"Alright," Brock said, taking one PokeBall. "Go, Geodude!" An odd looking Pokemon came to view, but Hayley liked the way it looked. Still, it should be no match for Hugh's Low Kick.

"Hugh, it's your turn!" Hayley shouted, sending out her Mankey. Now, both opponents had their Pokemon out, and the battle was starting. Since Highway as quicker, Hayley had the priority. "Use Low Kick!"
"Dodge it, Geodude!" Brock shouted, and instead of landing the hit, Hugh hit the ground. It didn't hurt, but Hayley still got worried. "Now, Geodude, tackle!"

Hayley ordered to dodge, but Hugh still got hit. She bit her lip, the battle not starting out well for her. Still, if Hugh could hit it, he should be able to K.O. it in one shot. If he could just land the hit. "Hugh, get near the Geodude!"

Brock laughed again. "You're making this easy. Geodude, tackle it again!"
Just as Hayley planned. Now that Hugh was close, the chances of missing were lower. But, the chances of getting hit were also higher, so she should be cautious. "Hugh, counter it with Low Kick!"

Hugh swung his leg once the Geodude dashed at him, and managed to hit it. The Geodude was sent flying back, and although it hadn't fainted yet, it was in thin ice. "Now, Hugh. Quickly, Low Kick again!" And with that one final shot, Brock's first Pokemon was down.

"Not bad, kid," Brock said, retreating his Geodude. "But, I'm not done yet." Hayley snickered. If Brock's other Pokemon was the same as Geodude, this would be a breeze. Except... It wasn't like Geodude. It was a giant, rock snake, that seemed to fill the entire arena from ground to ceiling. So that's why it's so high, Hayley thought.

Hugh seemed frightened by the opponent's Onix. It was huge, and unlike anything else he'd seen. How could a small Pokemon like him beat something like that. Hayley noticed Hugh's fear, and decided to comfort him. "Don't worry, Hugh! You can do it!"

Now, what to do against an Onix? Hayley decided to see what it was capable of, so she just instructed a Low Kick. Hugh managed to hit, but it didn't do as much damage as it did to the Geodude. The Onix attacked next, wrapping Hugh tightly with it's body. "Oh, no," Hayley whispered. Hugh seemed to be in a lot of pain. "Hugh! Can you get out?!" She shouted.

Brock laughed. "No Pokemon can escape my Onix's bind!" And really, Hugh didn't seem to be able to move, while the Onix kept wrapping him tighter and tighter. Hayley had no idea what to do, except wait until it passed. Finally, the bind was over, but Hugh seemed drained. Still, he could get out of the grip.

Now's my chance, Hayley thought. As Hugh was standing on the Onix now, she instructed him to jump high, so they were face to face. The Mankey was tired, but he did as ordered. He managed to jump high. Then, quickly, Hayley ordered another Low Kick. Hugh concentrated as much as he could in the short time he was in air, and managed to land a hit on the Onix's face, sending it flying down.
Hugh was worn out, though and couldn't continue fighting. Hayley noticed that, and sent him back. "Alright, Chris, your turn!"

Because Onix was still on ground, Chris had an advantage. "Use Confusion !" Hayley said. Chris concentrated, and used all of the power he could muster into that one attack. He aimed, and hit. The damage was more devastating than Hayley thought it would be, and Onix was low on HP.

"Onix, bind!" Brock ordered.
"Chris, fly high, out of its reach!"
Onix missed the attack, and Chris was face to face with it. "Chris, use Confusion again!"

Thanks Onix fell down, and it was obvious who the victor was. "Well, well," Brock said. "You managed to beat my prized Pokemon with a Butterfree. I applaud you."

Hayley smiled, sweat dripping from her forehead. She did it. She actually did it. She beat the Gym Leader. Brock walked over to her, carrying something in his hand. "This is the Boulder Badge. It's given to trainers who manage to beat me. It's the first step towards the League."

Hayley took the badge in her hand, and admired it for a moment. It was shining, and cold, and Hayley felt like she accomplished something amazing. "Thank you," she said. Hayley got back to the waiting room, where the rest of the crew was. She couldn't stop smiling.

Zayne watched the whole battle from the entry way, witnessing the entire battle first hand. Man, he enjoyed every second of it. Hayley got her first badge and finished it with a Butterfree which... he had to admit, wouldn't have worked out for himself. Hayley was incredible.

It wasn't like he felt before. A whole new admiration for her was coming over his shoulders as he watched her wipe the floor with the Onix.

"Hayley... You're incredible!" Zayne whispered to himself, Sandshrew on his shoulder spying on the ordeal as well. "It sure is a good thing that I don't plan on challenging Brock. I don't think I could match up to... defeating a Onix with a Butterfree."

When Hayley came out into the room, Zayne couldn't help but approach her but nervously. His eyes were sparkling with awe as he saw her.

"H-Hayley! That was amazing!" Was all that he could muster, his voice dripping with nervousness all over again.

Felix joined the rest of the group in the stands surrounding the large, brightly lit battlefield, holding Atlas in his lap so the little guy could watch as well. He was slightly nervous for Hayley; even on the walk over to the gym, he had a sense that she wasn't as confident as she should have been. But thankfully, that was nowhere near the case. He should have known as much, having seen her handle opponents nearly flawlessly. Felix gasped and cheered with the rest of the group while their companion took on her challenge, securing her victory with not one but two amazing KOs. It was the sort of battle one would be able to see on TV, and Felix let her know as much as he rose to greet her.

"Zayne's right, you really knew how to use your Pokemon's strengths against Brock. That was awesome battling," he patted her shoulder, Atlas jumping happily up at Chris to congratulate him as well. "Alright, so... guess I can go next, if that's okay?" He suggested to the group - he tried hard not to look as nervous as he suddenly felt. This was like being in a soccer game or track meet all over again, except somehow ten times worse.

Felix made his way down the stands to the rocky field, Atlas by his side. The Aron was for once not trying to take a bite out of any of the boulders lying around, appearing as focused as his trainer. They waited as Brock made his return, entering the arena from a second set of sliding doors on his end of the field. Felix took a deep breath; he knew he was at an advantage, having just seen the Pokemon he would use. Atlas had this in the bag.

"Welcome, new challenger. Second one so soon... I assume you were just here watching a friend of yours?" Brock called from across the room.

"Thank you, and I was. I'm about to follow in her footsteps."

Brock laughed heartily at that. "Never a good idea to make such hasty assumptions, friend. Now... go, Zubat!" Felix's eyes went wide with surprise as the gym leader threw a Pokeball, releasing the small, bat-like Pokemon. "A Zubat...? But I thought you were a Rock-type gym leader?" The younger man questioned dumbfoundedly even as Atlas dutifully bounded forward for battle.

"Here's an important lesson in Pokemon battling, kid: expect the unexpected. Now, Zubat, use Supersonic!"

The Zubat fluttered up above the field and released a loud, high-pitched shriek that had Felix covering his ears. He could see Atlas beginning to stumble, already affected by the attack, so he called for the one thing he could think of to work. "Atlas! Get underground!" With a shake of its head, Atlas quickly dug down and buried itself beneath the rocky terrain, safe from view and the Zubat's attack. "Smart move, but it'll need to come out, eventually. Zubat! Stay high for now!"

Felix cursed under his breath; obviously Brock wasn't some low-level grunt. He knew what he was doing. But maybe... "Okay, Atlas! Mud Slap!"

A small torrent of thick mud and dirt shot up from the ground directly towards the Zubat as Atlas made his entry once more, which the flying Pokemon ducked to avoid. "Now, Zubat! Wing Attack!" The Zubat swooped lower, zooming straight at Atlas as it bobbed and weaved between the multitude of rocks and boulders dotting the field. Atlas stood its ground while Felix waited, and then - "Atlas, jump to the right then Headbutt!"

The Aron kicked up dust as it leaped to its right, narrowly missing the attack, but in a surprisingly quick maneuver turned on a dime and launched itself at Zubat, smashing it against one of the many boulders. Zubat slumped to the ground, breathing hard, and with a little chuckle Brock recalled it.

"Using the field to your advantage... very nicely done. But I'm afraid that won't do you much good this time. Go, Dugtrio!" A flash of light revealed a three headed Pokemon half-embedded in the ground, and Felix swallowed thickly; he was at a major type disadvantage now. "Atlas! Harden!" He called out as Dugtrio practically ducked out of sight into the ground as if it were water. He knew he had to bulk Atlas up as much as possible if they were going to take a hit, which, seeing as they had no idea where the Dugtrio could be while underground, was a decent move. Good timing, too.

"Dugtrio, use Dig now!" The rocky dirt beneath Atlas crumbled away, and the Aron was struck hard and flung into the air, landing with a little squeak on a boulder. "Atlas! Are you okay?" Felix tried not to let his worry show too much, especially seeing his Pokemon shakily get up with a confident nod. One more hit like that and they were done for. "Mud Slap, now!"

"Dodge it, Dugtrio!" The move narrowly missed, and the Ground-type Pokemon popped back up like the most smug Whack-A-Mole. It was incredibly fast; had it not knocked Atlas to the top of a boulder Felix was sure they would have lost already. So if they couldn't keep up, they'd just have to predict its next move. "Mud Slap again, buddy!"

Brock laughed as Dugtrio dodged the attack over and over again, until - "Enough, Dugtrio. Knock it down." The Pokemon ducked into the ground so it was nothing but a fast-moving mound of dirt heading straight for the rock that had served as an island of protection for Atlas. Felix waited until it was a few seconds away. "Jump off now and Mud Slap!" Atlas leaped off as far as it could just before Dugtrio smashed into the boulder, sending it crumbling down, and while it was still in the air managed to land its first direct hit against its opponent. Predictably, Dugtrio went out of sight again, but Felix knew what to expect this time.

"Atlas, Metal Claw right behind you! Now!" Atlas turned and with the tip of its leg shining brightly, managed to land a hard direct hit to its opponent. This time, Dugtrio stayed down. The overhead monitor displaying the two teams beamed brightly as Felix's name shone as the victor, the boy himself running out to scoop his equally delighted, exhausted Pokemon into his arms before meeting with Brock. "You did well. I thought I had you when I switched up my Pokemon, but... nicely done. Here's your Boulder Badge, and good luck on the rest of your journey."

A few moments later, Felix was running up to the stands again towards his group, beaming brightly. "You guys! That was... terrifying. But so fun! Wasn't Atlas great?" He hugged his Aron close to his chest, who seemed just happy to be carried, it was so tired. "I let Brock know he'd have a few more challengers, and that we would be asking him about a missing friend. When we're done, he said he'd be more than happy to meet with us to discuss it."

"Thanks, you guys." Hayley was appreciating the praise she was getting. She and her Pokemon made a pretty good team, she had to admit that. A Nurse Joy came up to her and asked if she would like her Pokemon healed, which Hayley agreed to immediately – she was worried about her Pokemon being hurt, but also wanted to stay and watch the next person battle Brock. The nurse told her she'd come back as soon as her Pokemon healed up, and Hayley thanked her.

She was still tired from the battle, and the left-over excitement made her giddy. Felix was up next, and Hayley wished him good-luck. Brock couldn't be using the same Pokemon as before, since they were knocked out, so she was curious to see his whole collection. Hayley was surprised to see a Zubat, of all Pokemon, on field, but a Gym Leader always has tricks up his sleeves, and Hayley told herself to always expect the unexpected with these kinds of people. She watched as Felix and Atlas battled the Zubat, managing to defeat it quickly. Everyone cheered from their seats, hoping Felix had the same luck as Hayley did.

Incredibly so, the tiny Aron defeated the next Pokemon, Brock's Dugtrio, too. They both struggled, but seeing a small Pokemon like Atlas go up against a beast like Dugtrio was stressful. The whole time Hayley hoped Felix could do it, since Atlas was the only Pokemon he had, if she recalled correctly. But, thankfully, Felix was smart, and used strategies Hayley would never think of.

When Felix came back, Hayley jumped up and high-fived him. "You both did amazing! This little guy sure can take a hit," she said, referring to Atlas. She couldn't wait to see what the next gym was like, and the one after that, and so on. Which reminded her to call someone.

"I'll be back soon, guy," Hayley said, getting up from the seat. "Call me up when you decide who's next!" She ran towards the entrance, and asked the nurse if there was a phone. The nurse smiled, pointing at a phone that was on a near wall. "Thank you," she said.

Now, what was Jones' number? If her memory served her right, it should be... Hayley typed in the number she remembered, and waited while it rung. One, two... Someone picked up! ''Hello?" Hayley heard Jones' annoyed and confused voice on the other end. She was relieved.

"Jones! It's me, Hayley! Guess what just happened."
Jones took a moment, before andwering. "I don't know. What?"
"Okay, a hint. I'm calling you from the Pewter Gym..."

"Oh! Are you about to battle the Gym Leader?" He asked.
"No. I already did! And I won!"

Jones laughed. "Really? That's great. I knew you could do it."
"Yeah! It was so intense, I'll tell you everything. So, Hugh took on Brock's first Pokemon, Geodude, and it was a breeze, he-" Hayley said, but someone called her to let her know the next battle was starting. "Uh, I'll finish up later. Another battle is starting, and I'd like to support my friend..."

"No problem," Jones said, voice muffled by the phone. They told their goodbyes, and Hayley promised to call again soon, and then went back to the arena.

Y

Yifun618

(OOC: Sorry for not responding in a while, I've been pretty busy)

BIC:

Isabelle nodded and gave a smile to both battlers, and then stood up.

"I guess I can go next." Isabelle said, confidently approaching the battlefield. She was really not that scared. She had seen Brock's potential Pokemon already, and understood her own Pokemon's strengths and weaknesses. She was more concerned about not embarrassing herself and barely winning. She made her way to her position on the battlefield. Brock stood there, looking a bit tired.
"Another one? Alright, I won't say no." Brock said, seeming a little uninterested, but still willing to fight.

"Let's begin! Omanyte, come on out!" Brock yelled, throwing a regular Pokeball into the air. A red swirl emerged from the now-open ball, making the shape of a large snail. Isabelle instantly recognized it as a fossil Pokemon. She had seen photos and articles about it at the museum. She recalled that it was Rock and Water Type, and that it relied on close range bites and tackles due to it's slow speed.

"Zephyr, come on out!" Isabelle said, casually. She knew that Omanyte was slow, and that Zephyr was faster than it and could probably win without taking a hit.

"Get around the back and hit it with a Wing Attack!" Zephyr flew circles around the Omanyte, thoroughly confusing it before Zephyr flew into it's spiral shell and smacked it, sending it flying across the battlefield. The Omanyte quickly recovered, and sent a blast of water in Zephyr's direction. Zephyr tried to dodge, but was still slightly hit on the wing. It didn't hurt much, but it ruined Isabelle's hope of going for style. Zephyr started flying at full speed towards Omanyte, his wing glowing a white color.

"Water Gun!" Brock yelled, pointing at his Pokemon. The Omanyte spit out a stream of water in the Pidgey's direction.

"Roll around it, just like we practiced!" Isabelle yelled. Zephyr performed a perfect Aileron roll around the stream of water, keeping out of the Omanyte's vision but still making progress towards it. Zephyr reached the fossil Pokemon and struck it once more, this time knocking it out. Brock calmly recalled his Pokemon, then pulled out his next Pokeball.

"You've already been humiliated today, so try and redeem yourself." Brock said, tossing the Pokeball onto the Battlefield. It opened and the same red swirl from before formed a large snake made entirely of rocks. It was the same Onix used against Hayley. Brock must have healed it between matches. Before Isabelle had anytime to think, Brock yelled a command to his Onix, which Isabelle couldn't hear.

Onix began hurling rocks from the battlefield towards Zephyr, multiple striking him. Zephyr was badly hurt, but could still go a little longer. Isabelle cursed at herself for losing focus, and then started paying more attention.

"Sand Attack! Use the coarse dirt on the battlefield so it's more irritating!" Isabelle yelled. Her pidgey went to where the rocks were before, revealing a much more coarse dirt than the typical terrain, then used his wing to flick a big wad up into Onix's eye. The Onix reeled in pain, swinging its tail in all random directions. Zephyr dodged around the swings, having multiple close calls.

"While it can't see! Quick Attack!" Isabelle yelled, as Pidgey threw himself squarely at the back of Onix's head.

"Tackle!" The two Pokemon, one small and the other large, threw themselves at each other. Zephyr was obviously on the losing side here as the large rock snake slammed Zephyr across the arena and into a wall. He was down and out. Isabelle recalled Zephyr into his Pokeball, returning it to her bag, then pulled out another one.

"Spuds, let's finish up." Isabelle said calmly, sending out her starter Pokemon. The small plant Pokemon seemed happy to be out of the Pokeball. "Poison Powder. Just run circles around it, Zephyr impaired it's vision." Isabelle said to Bulbasaur, quiet enough to where only they could hear it. Spuds immediately started running in circles around the Onix, dodging swings from it's tail and attempted bites. A purple powder started expelling from the back of Spuds and covered the Onix, until it had a faint purple tint in color. The Onix was obviously suffering, but still going.

"Rock Tomb!" Brock yelled, trying to get his signature Pokemon to not get totally embarrassed. The Onix kicked rocks somewhere in Spuds general direction with its tail, writhing in pain from the poison. Only one rock managed to strike Spuds, who quickly shook it off.

"Vine Whip!" Isabelle called out to her starter, sensing victory. Plant-like tendrils emerged from the back of Spuds and began whipping the Onix repeatedly, wrapping around it in every direction. This merciless beating continued for about 30 seconds, before the Onix finally had enough and fell. Spuds ran back to Isabelle's ankles, seemingly showboating. He had barely taken a hit, and look what he did. Isabelle bent down to Bulbasaur's height and spoke to him. "That wasn't all you. You got Zephyr to thank once we heal him up for getting you that opening." Isabelle said, patting Bulbasaur's head.

Brock walked up to her, holding out an outstretched hand for a hand shake. Isabelle shook it, and then accepted the same badge and TM that everyone else received. "You're a strategic one. You got some promise, kid. Don't waste it." Brock said as he turned to walk back to his position on the battlefield. Isabelle was... not as happy as everyone else. That wasn't saying she wasn't proud of winning or anything, because she was, she just didn't show extreme happiness and beaming when she won. Isabelle decided to leave Spuds out of his Pokeball since he wasn't really injured, and then looked towards the group she was travelling with in the stands. "I'm gonna head to the Pokemon Center. See you later!" She waved up to them, then walked towards the front doors. She made her way outside, eyes adjusting to the bright sun, and then healed her Pokemon. They deserved it.

Hayley was at the edge of her seat during Isabelle's battle. A small Pidgey seemed so powerless, yet Isabelle showed how, with good tactics, any Pokemon could be put to use. Hayley thought the battle was amazing, and she was surprised to see that Isabelle wasn't ecstatic when she came back. She rushed over to the Pokemon Centre quickly, too. Hayley couldn't put a finger on what exactly was strange, but she was going to ask later. Maybe.

Hugh was out of his PokeBall, and was enjoying the battle as well. The Onix still scared him, though. The rock beast that almost strangled him didn't leave Hugh intact. Hayley had noticed how distressed her Pokemon was, and pet him reassuringly. Hugh crawled up into her lap and stayed there until the battle was over. Now, Hayley was wondering if anyone else wanted to try out for the badge. "Hey, was that everyone?"

To no surprise, Isabelle's battle with the Rock-type gym leader was just as great as the previous two had been, if not better. Like the others, he congratulated her on her victory and decided to follow both the new victor and Hayley to the Pokemon Center.

In no time at all their Pokemon were all healed up and energetic again, with Atlas as usual doing the most running around. "I think so... but what do we do now? It's gotten pretty late."