• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Journey Into Kanto

Chelsey admired the scenery in the Viridian Forest, often losing track of the group and trailing behind them. The many Bug-type Pokémon gave her an excellent idea. "You can continue, I'll catch up later." Chelsey said before wandering back into the forest with her Charmander.

"Okay Elia, we have some training to do. I want your Ember attack to be flawless." She told her Pokémon, which was excited to train against the easy targets that were Bug-type Pokémon. Recalling her type match-ups, Chelsey realized Fire-type moves wouldn't hurt Brock's sturdy Rock-types, but she had a plan.

The sun was shining bright, which seemed to strenghten the flame on Charmander's tail weirdly. She must really like the outside, Chelsey told herself. Passing yet another tree, a nesting Kakuna caught her attention. "Okay Elia, lets see that Ember!" She excitedly said, the Charmander immediately getting into a battling position. It took a deep breath and spewed a large flame, burning some leaves as well as the poor Bug-type Pokémon. The Ember was stronger than it was before, due to the harsh sunlight that shined through the trees. "Well done Elia!" Chelsey sprang up, proud of her partner.

It was only when she saw the hurt Kakuna, her mood shifted. She wanted Elia to train, but not to the expense of another Pokémon. She reached in her bag to give the Pokémon a potion, and laid it back on its branch, before leaving the forest, and catching up with the rest of the group once again.

"The Center! Finally," Hayley said, trying not to go too far in front of the group, but not being able to help walking a little bit quicker. Thankfully, no line in front of the counter. Hugh and the Metapod should be able to rest soon. "Hello," Hayley told the nurse. She looked over at Hugh, indicating that he should get into his PokeBall now. He knew the drill. It shouldn't take too long.

Almost everyone was at the PokeCenter, although she saw Zayne leave for some café. She then noticed the type match-up chart on the wall, and some brochures about Pewter. The PokeCenter had a tranquil ambient, and the quiet murmurs of people in it calmed Hayley down. She skimmed through the brochure, finding out the location of the Gym, it's leader, that there was a museum and that it would be interesring to go through it (the admission wasn't too expensive, either).

Next, she looked at the type chart on the wall. Now that Hayley knew Brock used Rock-type, she made sure to double check how fighting does against it. Hugh would do well, but he should train his low-kick. They never use it, since it's more powerful than his other moves, and it was never their intention to harm wild Pokemon.

By the time she was finished memorizing the chart, her Pokemon were ready to be taken back. She hurriedly took them and sent Hugh out, and this time the Metapod too. "Meet your new friend, Hugh."

Hugh was curious about the Metapod, but he didn't seem unfriendly. Hayley took the Metapod. "Hey buddy. How about we name you... Chris?"

In keeping with its theme, the city seemed to have a sturdy, natural aesthetic, with cement paved streets, grey buildings, and the occasional park. The group was able to see a myriad of stores leading up to the center, as well, which thankfully seemed not too busy today. Felix entered first, letting the others know he'd meet them back in the lobby in a few minutes, and he and Atlas headed off to the Pokemart section of the center.

"Do you think you'll want to take on the gyms, Atlas?" He asked his Aron as the two of them wandered through shelves of various items, Atlas' little metallic legs tapping on the linoleum floor. He responded with a determined nod, and headbutted Felix's leg as if to show how serious he was. "I-I'll take that as a yes..." the teenager winced. He was back in the lobby a few minutes later, stocked up on food and other supplies, and took a seat near Hayley. "How are your Pokemon doing?" He asked, but looked up with the sound of sliding glass doors and waved at Chelsea as she caught up to them.

"Hey! Chelsea, right? Come sit with us! I heard there was a pretty cool museum here, with lots of fossils to look at. Do you think everyone would be down to go before or after the gym?" He asked them both.

"I was just thinking of mentioning that!" Hayley said, trying to maintain a conversation with Felix. He was the closest one to her age, and although the other ones were mature for their age, it was nice having someone your own. "The museum seems like it would be lots of fun."

In the meantime, Hugh was getting used to Chris. Chris wasn't very... Talkative. Or moved very much. So Hugh couldn't do much with it. All Chris seemed to do was sleep. Which was understandable – it was waiting for evolution. They couldn't tell if it was a male or female before evolution. It shouldn't take long if Chris is in an active team, though. Hugh couldn't wait for a new friend he could play with. Still, he lay down next to Chris and relaxed too. Maybe it needed company. "Hugh, come on, we're gonna check out the museum," Hayley then said, breaking the silence. She sent Chris back into the PokeBall, and Hugh followed Hayley outside.

Outside of the museum, three men all stood with themselves in a triangular formation; looking at the firmly designed museum. They had no other objective on their mind than the one that was given to them. With orders from their boss, the three charged into the museum with their mission unfolding in front of the innocent men and women of the museum.

"We're Team Sin! Together we form the triangle of control across the Kanto region! This museum is now property of our boss, Iliamna!"

Together; all three men threw out their pokeballs which flashed open and sent out Zubat and Ekans onto the cement floor of the museum. The place was now occupied as men and women scurried to try to escape but were blocked by one of the members. There was one by the entrance, one in the center, and another exploring the museum for fossils.

The news quickly spread around town as people made haste to inform everyone of the terrible incident. Someone ran into the pokemon center complaining of, "Random attacks in the museum by a Team Sin."

Atlas seemed excited to have a new traveling companion, especially since the Metapod of course also had a hard outer shell. They were kindred, well-protected spirits. He was happy enough just sniffing around Chris and Hugh to wonder why the former wasn't moving much, but when he noticed Felix and Hayley getting up to leave he was ready to go.

"I'm so glad you want to go, I'm dying to check out the different kinds of ancient Pokemon," he gushed to her, but suddenly jumped back as a frantic man rushed into the center. "What's his problem?" He mumbled to Hayley in annoyance - but then he got the message. With a glance at his companion, he rushed out of the center and headed straight for the museum, Atlas at his heels. "Looks like you're gonna have to put a few losers in their place again, Hayley!" He called behind him.

A minute later, he and Atlas stopped in front of the large, ornate building, panting as they watched Hayley and Hugh catch up. "What should we do? I think the guy mentioned someone already went to get Officer Jenny, but... thinking about it now, should we really go in there? How, and what then?" He asked, ever the cautious thinker. He wanted something to be done about the annoying criminals, but if she thought it best they avoid, he would have to agree.

Team Sin? Again? Can't those guys relax, Hayley thought. She followed Felix to the museum, though, where he asked her what they should do.

"Well, I don't know how many of them are in there..." Hayley said. "It's different when there's only one of them, I think." Still, they shouldn't waste time waiting for the police. Maybe, by then, the grunts would leave, or destroy a good portion of the museum, or whatever their plan was. They couldn't just stand by. "I don't know how reckless it would be to just enter and attack, but, we can't watch this unfold when we're right here either, right?"

Hayley was torn. She didn't want to endanger any of the Pokemon again, but she felt the need to help out. She looked at Hugh, to see what he was thinking. He looked back, determined, and Hayley knew he would follow her wherever. Still, she couldn't...
Hugh noticed her secondguessing, and jumped in front of them, showing how ready he was to fight again. Hayley couldn't help but laugh. "Okay, okay," she said, then turned to Felix. "I'd try stalling, but I don't want to put you, or Atlas, in a dangerous situation. I know Hugh won't do much against their Zubats, but, I can stall in other ways, right?"

She brought up probably the most important point: neither of them had a clue how many were inside the museum. For all they knew, it could have been anywhere from two to twenty Team Sin agents in there. "Yeah... you're right." Felix glanced down at Atlas who, after glancing at Hugh, seemed ready and determined to face the possible danger. He trotted up to the Mankey's side, nodding seriously at him.

"We can take the Zubats, don't worry. Plus I'm sure Hugh can easily take anything else they have," he said firmly. If they were going to do this, they had to be confident. If they were doubtful, they'd be far more likely to fail. He nodded at Hayley and climbed the steps to the museum, pausing with his hand on the door. Pushing slightly against it, they could see it crack open only to be held fast by chains. "Okay, on the count of three, Atlas is gonna break these chains, yeah? We can do this." He said to them, the little Pokemon nodding. The Aron backed up a bit, and Felix made sure they were safely out of the way before nodding. "Alright, ready? One, two... three!"

Crash!

Y

Yifun618

Isabelle refrained from catching a Caterpie, although she took her time in the forest. She was determined to catch something. Isabelle saw the Team Sin members run into the museum just as she entered town, and then saw Hayley and Felix standing outside the doors, debating something, and then saw Atlas break down the chain. Isabelle quickly ran over and joined the three as they were about to go into the museum.

"We can take this, I saw them enter. There's only three members, and there's three of us. It's an even fight, but we can manage. Are you guys ready?" Isabelle asked, all in one breath. She didn't even bother saying hi or anything, just straight to the point. She did that when she panicked.

What Felix said about Hugh, that he would do well against the grunts' Pokemon, relaxed Hayley. If he thought Hugh could do it, why wouldn't she? It was nice to have someone up your morale every once in a while. Hayley needed that. Now she was 100% ready for entering.

Just as Felix's Atlas was getting ready to break in, Hayley saw Isabelle running towards them. She told them how here were three of them in there. Well, if Hayley was one hundred percent ready before, she's one hundred and ten percent ready now. Three lowsy Zubat-havers? They'd be going down in no time.

"Alright, Hugh," she told her Mankey. "We're gonna battle those Team Sin grunts again. You ready?" Hugh excitedly jumped up, and landed in a fighting position. "That's what I'm talking about," Hayley said, feeling both excited and nervous. But, there's no backing out. They're doing this.

Chelsey barely reached the city and there was already an attack from Team Sin. She rushed to the museum, joining the group. "I'm coming with you!" She said, and stood her ground next to Hayley. When it was just the one grunt, she knew Hayley would be able to handle herself. But now that it's three, Chelsey could not sit back and watch. Charmander joined Hugh, and gave the Mankey a nod. The Pokémon seemed determined, the training from earlier giving it the strength it needed to take on these low-lifes.

Chelsey was scared, as this would be her first battle against another trainer. Seeing how well Hayley did, it couldn't be too hard, the only difference was that Hayley is a far better trainer than her. She refused to let that stop her, and took a step towards the door. "It's now or never. Lets do this." She said, bent on taking down the grunts that were inside.

He admittedly felt a lot more at ease when two of their companions came running up the stone steps just in time, the knots in his tummy loosening ever so slightly. Felix was anxious, and a small part of him wished they would all go back to the Pokemon Center where it was safe. But a much larger part of him wanted to stay - needed to. He couldn't bear the thought of standing by during a conflict when he could have helped.

With one more look at Chelsey, Hayley, and Isabelle, Felix took the first few steps inside, passing over the broken chain on the smooth marble floor. The main entrance of the Pewter City Museum was absolutely stunning, with a high ceiling, stone sculptures, polished dark wood information desks, paintings on the walls, and even a few sample exhibit pieces. For a moment, Felix was almost too distracted to notice the Team Sin grunt charging at him from the large hallway at the other end of the welcome area that led to the rest of the museum.

"I can't believe one of you idiots forgot to secure the entrance! Bunch of brats got in!" He growled into a walkie-talkie, a Pokeball clutched in his other hand. He was dressed similarly to the jerk they had encountered in Viridian Forest. "Just handle it, we're almost done here!" Replied a scratchy, electronic voice. With a roll of his eyes, the man tossed his Pokeball into the air, releasing his Pokemon with a flash of light. "Koffing! Let's teach these fools a lesson for trespassing. Use Smog!"

"Atlas, quick! Mud Slap!" A speedy stream of mud smacked into the Koffing just as it was inhaling for its attack, knocking the floating Pokemon back and covering its face. Felix glanced back towards the others as the grunt yelled for Koffing to shake it off. "You guys should go find the others, I'll keep this guy busy. Be careful!"

Y

Yifun618

"Got it!" Isabelle yelled. "Come on, Zephyr!" She yelled, sending out her newly caught Starly and running upstairs. "You two get the room to the left! I'll handle up here!" She yelled towards Chelsey and Hayley just as she disappeared up the steps. The first thing Isabelle noticed when she walked up stairs was the very nice looking model rocket and the display cases. She immediately noted that the cases were broken and empty, and then she saw the Team Sin member huddled in the corner. He dropped all the fossils he was trying to steal when he noticed Isabelle behind him, then he chuckled.

"You're the intruders my colleague was scared about? Pathetic!" He snorted, tossing up a Pokeball. An Ekans emerged from the ball, ready to attack. Zephyr the Starly stood in front of Isabelle, ready to protect his trainer.

"Zephyr! Wing Attack! and watch out for Ekans' bite!" Isabelle yelled. This was her first battle against another trainer, although she had gained quite a bit of experience in the forest. Zephyr's right wing glowed a bright white color as it flew at high speed toward the purple snake Pokemon, ready to strike when the time was right.

Hayley took a moment to appreciate the beauty of the museum. How could anyone think of vandalising a place like this? These Team Sin guys must be stopped. But her companions were strong and brave, so they shouldn't have a hard time with that. They even took on two grunts by themselves. Hayley admired that.

To the left. Isabelle told Hayley to take on the grunts there. Alright, she thought. "Another battle, Hugh," Hayley said. "Think you can take it?" The determined Mankey nodded. When they got there, Hayley saw two grunts taking something out of a glass exhibition box.

"Hey!" Hayley yelled. The grunts froze up for a moment. "Leave that... Thing immediately!"

The grunts' fear faded when they realized they were dealing with only a kid. They laughed, and Hayley wanted to punch them. "What are you laughing at? You won't be laughing when I'm done with you." It seemed like it only fueled their laughter more. "Alright, then. Hugh, let's go!"

Hugh jumped in front, and the two grunts looked at each other, then sent out a Pokemon each. Two Pokemon? That wasn't fair! Still, it looked like she wasn't dealing with very fair people. Could Hugh take them on, though? They didn't have a Zubat – just an Ekans and Rattata – but Hugh was only one against them two. "Looks like we're gonna have to use Chris too, huh?"

Hayley sent Chris out, but mostly for moral support for Hugh. "Alright Hugh, like we practiced in the forest – use Low Kick on that Rattata!" If Hayley remenbered correctly, Rattata was normal, and Hugh's fighting type moves would do well against it. It proved to be correct. Rattata was quickly out, leaving only the Ekans. "Good job, Hugh!"

"You thought, missy," the grunt whose Rattata fainted said, sending out a Zubat. Hayley's enthusiasm quickly died down when she saw it. If that Zubat had a flying type attack, it would be bad news.

Hugh didn't look distraught, though. "Alright then Hugh. Attack that Ekans with a Scratch!" Hugh went for an attack, but the Ekans wrapped and hit him. Hugh didn't look well after that. "Hugh!" Hayley yelled. "Try getting loose!"

"No help, missy," the same grunt said. "Your Mankey here is poisoned now. Won't be long til he won't be able to fight."

"What now?" Hayley thought. If Hugh couldn't fight, that would leave only Chris. But she never fought with Chris... What were it's available moves? But if Hugh fought any longer, he'd be really hurt. She decided to take the chance.

"Alright Hugh, retreat," Hayley clicked on his PokeBall. "Chris, it's your time." Metapod should know Tackle too, right? Hayley hoped she guessed well.

"Okay Chris, can you Tackle that Ekans?"

Surprisingly, Chris did as Hayley ordered. Hayley cheered silently. The grunt ordered Ekans to bite Chris, though, and Hayley didn't want a repeat of last time. "Alright, Hayley. Think, think..."

Then it hit her. "Chris, Harden just as the Ekans is about to bite!" She hoped that Chris's hard body would hurt Ekans. Luckily, it was exactly what happened. "Just like that!"

It repeated for some time, until the other grunt told his Zubat to use Wing Attack. What now? Hayley had no other alternatives on her mind. What if she loses? She couldn't afford that. There must be something...

Chris managed to fight off the Ekans, leaving it unable to fight. The Zubat was still a threat, and while Chris handled one Wing Attack, there was no telling if it could survive another. And just as Zubat was launching for another attack, something happened. Something Hayley hadn't hoped for. Was Chris really... ?

The Zubat stopped midway when it saw what happened. Chris evolved into a Butterfree! Hayley was baffled. She didn't know much about evolution, only what her father told her. It had something to do with a bond with trainers, but Hayley hadn't had Chris for that long. Which leaves only the evolution caused by a big threat. Still, an evolution was very needed right now.

Chris was still worn out, but at least it was stronger now. What moves does a Butterfree have? Hayley didn't know. She was about to wing it. "Uh, Chris, use what you think is your best option!" She could do that, right? All Hayley could hope for was that Chris could beat that Zubat, so that the grunts leave in shame.

Chris nodded, and used a move that Hayley didn't know the name of. It seemed powerful, as it managed to K.O. the Zubat in one hit. The grunts seemed to not believe what happened, as did Hayley. "Yes, Chris! You did great!"

Hayley approached the grunts. "Now leave." Both of them ran away, leaving what seemed to be a fossil behind. "What could they need this for?" Hayley wondered.

Chelsey followed her two fellow femmes fatales inside and challenged a Team Sin grunt of her own, adopting a fighting stance with Elia standing firm in front of her. "Hey! You need to leave this museum now!" She shouted at the Grunt in front of her, who seemed to laugh at the young girl's pitiful attempt at a stern voice.

"I don't think so." He simply replied, throwing a Pokéball in the air and releasing another Ekans. Chelsey shrieked as she saw the Pokémon, her only fear being snakes. This was due to a prank Elias once pulled with a Seviper. But this time, running away and screaming her head off was not an option.

"Elia, I want you to use Scratch on that Ekans." Elia nodded and followed her command, scratching the Snake Pokémon's face. It was unfazed by the attack, and readied one of its own.

The Grunt smirked, and ordered his Ekans to follow up with a Bite. The Ekans bared its fangs, rearing up before the Charmander. It sunk its teeth into Charmanders skin, visibly hurting the Pokémon.

Oh no, I'm losing this fight if that Ekans gets another Bite off. What do I do? Chelsey hadn't been in a trainer battle before, and it showed. She was nervous, and did not want to lose her first battle, especially not to a Grunt like that. Her time to think was interrupted by the Grunt preparing another attack.

"Ekans, another Bte. Send that girl crying!" He yelled at his Pokémon, the Ekans immediately charging at Charmander again with a gaping mouth. That's it.

"Elia, aim an ember at its mouth, quickly!" Chelsey commanded. The Charmander took a breath and launched a fireball, striking the back of Ekans' throat. It winced in pain, and couldn't battle anymore, much to the delight of both Chelsey and Elia.

The Grunt looked at around to see his comrades being defeated in similar fashion, and conceded defeat.

This was just like the little sparring matches Felix and Atlas had back home with the other young trainers in Fuchsia, he had to think of it that way. He couldn't pay any mind to the higher stakes, or the fact that his opponent was actively trying to hurt him, or the anger in his eyes. No, he would not back down. He wouldn't lose.

The Koffing had managed to shake the rest of the mud from its face just as the grunt yelled. "Sludge!" The Poison-type Pokemon leaned back and spewed dark brown sludge from its mouth, narrowly missing Atlas who just managed to leap out of the way with his stubby legs. "Good job, buddy! Go for a tackle!" The Aron charged forward immediately, intending to get a running start - but slipped on some of the sludge, falling to the floor just as the Koffing swooped down to land a tackle of its own, sending Atlas sliding back. "Oh, no... Atlas, you okay?" Atlas shook it off, jumping to its legs and glaring at Koffing. No way would it get a lucky shot in again.

"Koffing, take it out with another tackle!"

"Atlas, Headbutt!"

The two Pokemon charged at each other, Koffing going low just as they collided - but it was Atlas' turn to land a hit this time. The Iron Armor Pokemon's attack landed solidly, striking his opponent in the face and sending it flying back, knocking into its trainer and sending them both to the ground. "Atlas! You did it! You're awesome," Felix beamed as Atlas happily ran up to him, the former exhilarated and even a little sweaty from the stress of the battle. The grunt got up and recalled his knocked out Pokemon, glaring at Felix. "You got lucky, kid... very lucky. If you know what's good for you, mind your own business and stay out of our way." He whipped his walkie-talkie to his face. "Take what you got and let's get out of here, I'm tired of these punks. You know where we need to meet up." He put away the device and ran off, leaving Felix and Atlas to stare after him.

(ooc: rip I should learn to make battles more exciting.)
bic:

In the heat of the moment, Hayley forgot about the fossils. Chris evolved! And had a powerful move too. She should ask someone if they knew what it was. "Chris, you were amazing!" Hayley told the Butterfree. Chris joyfully flapped his wings, and flew circles around Hayley. She laughed, trying to follow her Pokemon, but then remembered Hugh. "Oh no," Hayley looked down. She had no antidotes and Hugh was in desperate need of one. "I should look for the others and ask if they got one." She turned to Chris and nodded, signaling them to leave.

Hayley's shoes squeaked on the marble floor, that got dirty due to the fights that took place. Hayley hoped it got cleaned soon – it was way too pretty to stay smudged. Of course, it'd be best if the grunts cleaned it, to repay what they're done, but then she remembered it was partially her and her friends' fault too, since hey fought as well. Hayley got embarrassed for a moment. What would the police think about their intervention? Could they have caught them, besides putting a stop to their plan? Hayley didn't even know if they managed to stop Team Sin from succeeding. Some grunts did run away unharmed.

What's important is, Hayley didn't lose. And hopefully, neither did her friends. She would find out soon enough, as she saw Felix where they parted. "Felix!" Hayley shouted, glad to have seen that no one left. She ran towards him.

Chris seemed to be enjoying his ability to move so freely. As a Metapod, it must've been a drag to move so little, but as a Bitterfree, Chris could reach even the air. Hayley wondered how Hugh would react.

"I'm glad to see you," Hayley said. "I can't put this in a less blunt way, but Hugh got poisoned and I really need an antidote. Do you have any on you?"

(Shh, your battles are more than fine!)

Felix held Atlas in his arms, staring at the doorway the grunt had made his exit out of. A million thoughts were running through his mind: he could have sworn to see the guy hike a bag over his shoulder as he ran, but what did it hold? Why were they here to begin with? Would they come back? He was too lost in space to hear a set of footsteps running up to him, and the exclamation of his name made him jump.

"Oh, gosh, Hayley... you scared me," he sighed in relief, patting Atlas' head - but her urgent question had his brows raising in alarm. Nodding quickly, he knelt down to set Atlas on the floor and swing his bacpack off his shoulders, retrieving one of the antidotes he had purchased from the Pokecenter's mart earlier and handing it to her. "Are you guys okay? Did you find out what they were up to?" He asked as he used a potion on Atlas. Just as he had finished speaking, many of the museum employees Team Sin had taken hostage pooled out into the main entrance, most rushing outside to get the police.

Last edited:
Y

Yifun618

“Ekans, you pathetic thing, can’t even find this girl on your own?” The Team Sin member yelled, reaching to his waist. He pulled out another ball and tossed it. A brilliant flash of light formed into the shape of a Koffing, which launched a cheap tackle onto Zephyr, who was sent flying back. It was now a two on one, which Isabelle found unfair. If he was gonna cheat, so would she! She sent out her starter Pokémon, Spuds he Bulbasaur, and took command.

“Spuds! Vine Whip on the Ekans! Zephyr, Wing Attack on whoever doesn’t expect it!” Vines stretched out of the back of the grass type and lashed against the Ekans. The Ekans recoiled in pain and struck back with a bite. It hit Spuds straight on, when Zephyr came in and whacked it in the back with his wing. The Ekans fainted from the hit, and was called back. The Team Sin member was obviously frustrated, and ordered his Koffing a command Isabelle couldn’t hear. The room quickly filled with smoke, and Osabelle heard Zephyr cry out. When the smog cleared, Zephyr was fainted on the ground. Isabelle called him back, and it was now a one on one.
“Leech seed!” Isabelle yelled. Seeds popped out of the back of Spuds and planted on Koffing. Long tendrils stretched and wrapped around Koffing, restraining it’s movements. Spuds took advantage of the stop and tackled the Koffing, knocking it out for good.

“You got lucky. Don’t mess with us again, or you’ll see real pain.” The Team Sin member said, calmly walking out down the stairs. “And your father? Might as well stop trying.” He said when he walked past Isabelle. She froze up at the last sentence. “What do you mean?”
“None of your business.” The member responded, smirking. With that, he disappeared. Isabelle fell to her knees, visibly shaken from his words.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aelan emerged from Viridian forest after a long walk. This was the furthest he'd ever been away from home, and he was doing it alone. That scared the bejeezus out of him already. Subconsciously, he hugged Raindrop, his Psyduck who was in his arms, a little harder. He hoped it didn't hurt her too much, but she seemed as confusedly fine as ever. Quickly, he thought over what he knew so far. The police as far up as Viridian City had been alerted, shockingly, but nobody had seen him yet. At least the police knew, since in the few days before he said out Tyler could've gotten anywhere in Kanto. Another small victory so far was that he hadn't had to battle anyone yet. Just because he had a Pokémon now doesn't mean he intended to use it, it just made him feel less alone.

He was approaching the boundary of Pewter city now. Maybe Tyler had stopped here? There was certainly more to see here than there was in Viridian City, with the museum and gym here. He picked up his pace to a steady jog into town, headed straight for the museum.

When the cafe experience was over with, Zayne and his best friend Sandshrew paid up to the kind waitress who helped them achieve greatness while eating the delicious food and drink they had to offer. Thankfully, he didn't spend too much and was still very satisfied by his choices.

Little did he know, there was a war zone going on outside and when he saw people from all over, outside his window, he rushed to go check it out himself. But, of course, not without being cautious. He peaked his head outside of the automated sliding doors and looking around. The Museum wasn't anywhere in sight so it must be a block behind him. Sneaking around and being stealthy revealed the building with various Team Sin members dashing in and out of the facility for no apparent reason.

"Team Sin... What are they doing here!?"

In his shocking realisation that his friends were nowhere to be seen, he took off towards the building and all but threw open the doors without breaking them.

"I don't know, I think the grunts I fought tried taking some fossils," Hayley said. "I'm not sure what they needed it for."

Hayley took the antidote that Felix had handed her, thanking him, then sent Hugh out who did not look well. "Hang in there, buddy, you'll feel better soon," she said, handing the antidote to her Mankey. Although he didn't jump up immediately, Hugh seemed better, and Hayley was happy that he wasn't very hurt. "We'll rest at the Center when we meet up with the others."

Hugh noticed Chris' new form, and Hayley joyfully clapped her hands. "Look! Chris evolved," she said. What would Hugh look evolved, Hayley asked herself. Maybe Zayne knew? Then she remembered that move Chris used, and decided to ask Felix if he knew what it was.

"Hey Felix, do you know what moves Butterfree can use? Chris used one I didn't know the name of, and I'd really like to know."

Astrid was late to the lab that day, therefore late to start her journey, professor oak didn't have anymore Pokemon so it's just her and Sentret. "Finally..." she says panting as she walks into the center. "I hope we catch up with the other children soon..." She says as her Sentret nods in her arms.

"You said Chris evolved!? So you have a Butterfree?!" Zayne exploded with joy. The tension was slowly decreasing as the Team Sin members were chased out of the building and peace was restored to the city at once. As beautiful as it was, Zayne had no idea what had happened and so, he only came because people were as well.

"Hugh is looking fine as well. All of you are some powerful pokemon trainers!" Zayne congratulated everyone with a smile and a wave. "I think you all are ready for the gym leader challenge. I wouldn't doubt it for a second."

"Saaaaandshrew!" His Sandshrew agreed, turning into a ball and rolling around him in excitement due to everyone's excitement.

"Fossils... I think the one I fought had a bag on him, too. Maybe they're trying to sell them? Like... like on the black market or something," he suggested. No matter how badly he wanted to know what their deal was, it was no use trying to figure it out now. Their Pokemon needed healing, and even if they hadn't managed to capture Team Sin, they were able to stop them before they did any more damage, and that in itself could have counted as a victory. Atlas, still not up to one hundred percent after his own battle, sidled up next to Hugh, comforting him with gentle nudges.

"That sounds good to me. And- oh, oh my gosh! He did!" Felix didn't know why his eyes weren't immediately drawn to the large, colorful butterfly, but he waved at Chris now. "Uh, well I know it can use many more status moves now, and Gust with its wings. And... Confusion, I think? Aside from those, I'm not sure..."

Zach's excited voice nearly startled Felix again, but he gave the younger male a surprised smile. "Hey, dude. You missed all the fun," he joked lightly. "And thank you very much. Have either of you seen Chelsea or Isabelle? We should find them, then get to the Pokemon Center like you said, Hayley."

( ooc: hh got inb4'd. Now I gotta change it up)
Bic:

"Yeah, let's look for them first," Hayley said. The girls shouldn't be too far, however big the museum was. Didn't Isabelle go upstairs? "Also, thank you for the information. I don't know if I'll go to the gym immediately, then, so I can practice with Chris and his new moves." She looked over at her Butterfree, then sent him back into his Pokeball. Hayley didn't want him to get too tired.

So, upstairs it was. Hayley decided to check the upper part of the museum for Isabelle. It wasn't in a better condition than the bottom part, and it seemed like there was a big fight there. Hayley spotted Isabelle quickly, and waved to her. "Hey, Isabelle! We're all down at the entrance!"

As Hayley waited for her, she thought about the Gym. She felt her stomach knot up, as it always does when Hayley is thinking about big events to take place. What if she fails, and everyone else wins? She'd have to stay behind and try again. Hayley didn't even know if there were any repeats. If she fails, she'd let Jones down. She couldn't afford that. Not now that she was there. Hayley took a deep breath, trying to calm down. It worked a bit, but she was going to have to go to a less stressful area to completely calm down. Zayne thought she could win, Jones thought she could win, so why didn't Hayley believe in herself?

Chelsey remained in the museum for a while, her helpful personality preventing her from leaving before she was sure everything was okay. The aftermath of the attack was hard to look at. People were still in panic, exhibitions had been destroyed. The buidling was a mess.

Looking through the rubble of what was an exhibition of fossils, Chelsey picked up what seemed to be a big shell of a Pokémon. It had been cracked, but it was still intact. "We can not display that anymore, sadly. We can only attempt to extract a Pokémon from it and then set it free." One of the assistants said as he walked past Chelsey and the fossil.

Extracting a Pokémon? Is that even possible? What if..? Chelsey thought to herself before she came to a realisation. "I want that Pokémon. I only have Charmander, and I want to expand my team." Chelsey said with a determined voice.

The assistant was surprised for a second, but then nodded in agreement. "Very well, come with me." He said, leading her to a big room behind the desk. It seemed very modern, a lot of tech she had never seen before. Chelsey looked around in awe as the assistant placed the fossil in a container filled with a strong smelling liquid.

"Firstly, we'll submerge the fossil in this liquid for a few minutes, which will dissolve the dirt and rubbish of it and leave only the shell of this particular Pokémon." the scientist began to explain the process. It all seemed very complicated, so Chelsey didn't understand a word of what he was saying, she was just thinking about what kind of Pokémon would eventually be given to her.

"Now, we shall expose the Pokémon to vitarays, possibly reviving this Pokémon. This only works if the Pokémon's vitals are still fully functional, so lets cross our fingers." The scientist said as he placed the shell underneath a big lamp, and powered up the machine. It filled the room with a loud hum. He slowly turned the button until it reached a hundred percent. The lamp shined very bright, and Chelsey had to close her eyes and ears.

After a few seconds the machine powered down and the humming decreased, until there was silence once more. Chelsey opened her eyes to a Kabuto, slowly adapting to being alive again. "And there you go, I present to you; the Shellfish Pokémon, Kabuto."

Astrid walks out of the center and sighs. " Professor Oak said the others might've been here..." She looked down at Sentret who was starring up at her. "What is it Sentret?"

Sentret hops out of Astrids arms and climbs up a tree, takes a berry and eats it. She hops back into Astrids arms. "Sentret!" Sentret says as a few Spearow look at them. "Spearow!" They screech and fly at Astrid "AAAAH!" She turns around to protect Sentret

Zayne followed Chelsey to the area that she would be receiving her pokemon from the scientist here at the museum. He had no idea how the art of reviving pokemon worked, but he was interested in it. It wasn't until he noticed the Kabuto that he clapped his hands together and smiled.

"Wow! I'm glad you got your first catch... I think." Zayne said, unsure if reviving pokemon counted as a catch or not. Nevertheless, he was happy for his friend's pokemon and soon it would be his turn to catch a pokemon whenever the opportunity came.

Meanwhile, hearing the commotion after his gym suggestion, he looked back to see what was going on with Hayley. She seemed to be... shaken up about something. He had noticed that something about her was off when he entered the building but now it was obvious just by her response to his comment about battling Brock.

Speaking of Brock... It was mighty weird that he didn't show his face here since he was so into the rock pokemon species. This place was the exact area he would appear in if he was going to show his love for such a type of pokemon. Maybe he knew that Zayne's friends had it covered? Who knows.

Still, they had saved the day and that's what counted.

The owner of the building emerged from his location behind a desk. He had been forced away when Team Sin invaded the museum and was finally free to come out. His head was drenched in sweat while his clothes were all dusty and warn down from having to crouch in such a dusty and dirty location. But, he wasn't hurt or breathing heavy what-so-ever. Merely the panic is what set his emotions on overdrive as he drove himself out of his hiding place and practically dropped to his knees with his hands in a worship pose in front of his chest.

"Thank you, brave trainers! I can't even begin to thank you for all of your hard work here...!" He exclaimed, still in his dramatic pose without a sign of giving in.

Hayley needed something to take her mind off of the whole insecuritu thing. Luckily, the perfect opportunity appeared when Chelsey came back with a strange Pokemon with her. Hayley hadn't seen all Pokemon, of course, but it was evident that this one was different. She approached her. "Hey, that's a cool Pokemon!" She told Chelsey. Hayley noticed that Zayne had looked at her strangely, and smiled reassuringly at him, hoping to lessen his worries. It was nice that he worried, though.

A man, that didn't look like he was in the best condition, emerged from a hidden spot, startling Hayley. He suddenly dropped to his knees, and thanked them, offering them something's but Hayley couldn't help but feel uncomfortable by the man's presence. Still, she was curious about what he wanted to give them.

The man stood back up once everyone had their eyes on him. He calmed down now, his thanks now given to everyone who was responsible for saving the museum from being occupied by Team Sin.

"Come! Come! I have a gift to each one of you for your bravery here!" The man exclaimed as he used his left arm to hand gesture for everyone to follow. Zayne didn't follow but instead kept his eyes glued on the windows outside the building just incase anymore Team Sin members returned with a vengeance. The man ushered everyone behind the front desk of where he worked in the building where he told them to wait while he rushed into the back room.

A few seconds flashed by as he came back, softly placing a bag onto the front desk in offering to each trainer who was willing to accept his gift and his thanks for everything. Zayne took no part in deciding since he had no actual part in saving the museum, all he did was encourage his friends once the battling was over which, he was saddened over.

"Here! I know what will do the trick! Why don't you all pick one of these eggs! They are Eevee eggs!"

Aelan had entered the museum. He'd tried asking the people out front, but they just brushed past him without a second thought in some sort of hurry. The museum was weirdly quiet - had he missed something? With nobody else to talk to, he began talking to Raindrop, something he was getting more and more used to.

"Hey Raindrop, can you feel anyone here? Why would the whole place be abandoned? It was open and it's broad daylight, so I think we're allowed in here." He began, but stopped when he passed by a room with an older man and a bunch of kids. Perfect! Quickly, he darted in.

"Hello? I'm looking for someone, could you help me?"

Zayne turned and faced the boy and adjusted his hat - clearly this person wasn't a member of Team Sin or else he would've bolted in and stole something. So, he let Sandshrew sniff him out before talking to him and waited until his ground type pokemon was done before approaching.

"Hi, you're looking for someone, here?" Zayne said before looking around. "I think this place is closed down until the repairs are done. Maybe we can help you?" Zayne asked with his hand on his hat, pushing it up to reveal his eyes. That same hand went down in a handshake exchange as he extended his hand outwards. "The name is Zayne, nice to meet you."

The man gestured the group to follow. Safe to say, Hayley was intrigued. What kind of gift could they possibly be getting? Money? Hayley really needed some, since she wanted to go on a shopping spree at the Mart (for Potions and Antidotes, for obvious reasons). Maybe they'd each get a special Pokemon, like Chelsea. Hayley really liked Chelsea's new Pokemon.

Although curious, Hayley was the last in line, simply for safety reasons. Maybe a Team Sin guy could jump the up from behind, and Hayley could smack some sense into him, without her Pokemon help. It's been a while since she practiced her martial arts. Hayley hoped she didn't lose her touch.

The man led them to a room before announcing his gift. Eggs. He'd give them eggs? Eevee eggs, to be more exact. Hayley didn't know what to do with an egg, but she thanked the man when she got hers. Where was she supposed to keep it, anyway? Hayley guessed that there was a Pokemon inside (duh), but what was it like, and when was she to find out?

Her thoughts were stopped when she heard Zayne introduce himself to someone. There were more people now? Hayley turned around and saw a young boy, with a yellow Pokemon near. She decided to approach them. "Hello," she said, still carrying the egg in her arms. "I'm Hayley. What's your name?"

Chelsey hesitantly lifted the Pokémon up, checking to see what was underneath the shell. It looked at her with glaring red eyes, its four claw-like feet wriggling slowly. Chelsey didn't like the sight of her new Pokémon, but at least it was a new one. She couldn't help but feel proud when Zayne and Hayley congratulated her on her Kabuto.

When the museum owner came to thank the group, she pressed a Pokéball on the Kabuto's head, officially capturing it. She followed the group, and the strange man, to the room. Her eyes flared up when he revealed what his gift would be.

Eevee? I've always wanted an Eevee! She cautiously took the egg and held it to her chest, afraid of dropping the egg. She followed Hayley outside, meeting up with a new trainer. "And I'm Chelsey." She smiled, further contributing to Hayley's introduction.

Aelan recoiled a little as the Sandshrew approached him. They weren't native to the Sevii Islands, which made him even more apprehensive than usual. After what felt like way too long, the Sandshrew let up and Aelan calmed down a little. There was actual people here, though! Maybe they had seen Tyler! And if not, the kids weren't that much younger than him, which could be a nice change of pace from only talking to Police Officers and other adults like that.

"H-hi, I'm Aelan. I'm looking for my friend Tyler, ah..." He put Raindrop down to fish in his bag for the picture of Tyler he'd grabbed. It was pretty recent, only a few weeks old by now. Tyler wouldn't look that much different without trying. He grabbed it out of the side pocket and showed it to the kids. "Have you seen him?"

Zayne shook his head after placing his hands on his hips. He was pretty familiar with Kanto but no, he hasn't seen the name Tyler whatsoever.

"I'm sorry, No I haven't. Perhaps we could help you look?" Zayne said with a nervous smile. He felt bad just volunteering his friends but they did all talk about needing experience for the gym battle.

In no time at all the group was back together, safe and sound to Felix's relief. The teen had been looking around, checking up on everyone when a very disheveled looking man approached them with quite a gracious thanks. The museum curator, perhaps? Glancing around at the others, Felix followed their lead as the elder man led them into his main office, a well-decorated room with various art pieces lining the walls. The centerpiece, apparently, was the curator's large and ornate desk, upon which he laid out his sack of Eevee eggs. Felix was astounded.

"Um... are you sure?" He asked modestly; he had never received such an amazing reward before, and he almost didn't think it necessary. They were simply doing the right thing, after all. Still... who could turn down an Eevee? "Thank you very much, sir... it would be pretty cool to have a Sylveon," he conceded, thanking the curator again as he retrieved the reward. He had to keep the smile off his face, for fear of it getting too big, but both his and Atlas' excitement was clear, the little Pokemon eagerly bouncing around Felix's knees, trying to get a better look at the egg.

"Hey, guys, what's going on?" He approached his new friends curiously as they had all seemed to be surrounding a worried-looking guy his own age, a Psyduck near him. Felix caught the tail end of the conversation, tilting his head as he studied the picture of the stranger's missing friend. "Yeah, sorry, no idea... but like Zayne said, we could help. Right?" He glanced around at the group. "I mean, seeing as we're apparently going around taking on the gyms... plus safety in numbers, yeah? It'd suck to leave him alone with no help finding his friend."

Y

Yifun618

Isabelle made her way downstairs, pushing her shaken face off and making herself look totally normal and not concerned. She had overheard the museum curator, and very much would like an Eevee. She approached the man, and retrieved an egg and a Soothe Bell. She thanked the kind man, shyly shaking his hand, then joined the group. She still looked a little shaken from the Team Sin member's words, but it wasn't extremely noticeable. However, when she heard that this new boy with the Psyduck was looking for someone...

Isabelle's face sunk.
"You're... looking for someone too?" She asked him, without her voice's usual shy and quiet demeanor. "I think I'd be able to help out." Isabelle reached into her bag and retrieved her notebook and pen, and then went to a section that nobody had seen yet, labeled "Case". There were notes written out in neat cursive hand-writing. She quickly turned to an empty page before anyone could read them over her shoulder, and then beckoned the boy over to her.

"Aelon? Would you mind telling me everything you know about your friend's disappearance? I believe we can work together." Isabelle's usual shyness was instead replaced by an odd seriousness, and she no longer seemed like a teenage girl, but instead, an investigator. She would have this type of demeanor whenever something was really serious or interesting to her.

Aelan relaxed a little, seeing as this group seemed nice. Painstakingly, he wracked his brain for details. He hadn't gotten enough sleep last night, or the nights since Tyler had vanished. "Well, he vanished about a Week ago, it was really weird. We all woke up one morning and he was gone. It's a small town, so we were able to cover the entire island quickly and he wasn't there. However, he did mention wanting to go see the world, I just thought it'd be with me..." Aelan paused. He so far hadn't told anyone how he felt about Tyler, and these near strangers probably weren't the best place to start.

"The only boat out of the Sevii Islands goes to Cinnabar Island, and when I got there they told me that it was more likely for travellers to go north, so I think he would've gone North from Cinnabar Island to Pallet Town, which would mean he's been on the path I've been taking, but nobody's seen him yet." It was easier to talk about matter-of-fact things. "That's all I know. Did you say you were looking for someone, too?"